Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4146

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

RANDOM WRESTLING CONNECTIONS I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT

Roman Reigns is the younger brother of Rosey/Ro'z

Wolfie D of PG-13 was also Slash in the short lived TNA tag team the New Church with Brian Lee

i feel like the first one i should have known but that second one was so random
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    RANDOM WRESTLING CONNECTIONS I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT

Roman Reigns is the younger brother of Rosey/Ro'z

Wolfie D of PG-13 was also Slash in the short lived TNA tag team the New Church with Brian Lee

i feel like the first one i should have known but that second one was so random
    If you really want your mind to be blown..........................................................................................

Spoiler:

Bret and Owen Hart...? Brothers.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    If you really want your mind to be blown..........................................................................................

Spoiler:

Bret and Owen Hart...? Brothers.
    ???

WAKE UP

Status

Have the WWE even mentioned the Reigns-Rosey relationship? I don't remember them ever referencing it despite this whole head of the Anoa'i family storyline

I wonder how much Peter Mavia footage there is out there. There's not even much Rocky Johnson stuff from what I've seen

Have the WWE even mentioned the Reigns-Rosey relationship? I don't remember them ever referencing it despite this whole head of the Anoa'i family storyline
    I feel like it's been brought up a few times, but it's mostly been ignored.

It seems like as of late, the WWE has been quietly omitting mentions of the Anoa'i family members from the 2000s. Maybe it's because they ended up not becoming stars (Manu) or prematurely died (Umaga and Rosey), but nowadays they go from the generation of The Headshrinkers to The Usos, with an obvious mention of The Rock in between. Even the Yokozuna Icons episode didn't mention Rosey or Umaga a single time.

I wonder how much Peter Mavia footage there is out there. There's not even much Rocky Johnson stuff from what I've seen
    I'd say most of Rocky's WWE history is still around, but pre-1980 territories footage is very scarce.

WAKE UP

Status

Did Rocky Johnson do much in WWF of note? I mean in terms of stuff worth watching rather than title wins. I don't think I've ever watched a WWF match of his, though I've seen some of the stuff he did in Portland on youtube.

Manu. What a flop that was. Probably not even his fault but just WWE giving up super quick. Wouldn't happen nowadays with how much nepotism they have. I wonder if the guy is even still wrestling.

Did Rocky Johnson do much in WWF of note? I mean in terms of stuff worth watching rather than title wins. I don't think I've ever watched a WWF match of his, though I've seen some of the stuff he did in Portland on youtube.
    He's slightly before my time, at least in terms of feeling like I had a great grasp on the general product. He didn't have much of a chance to produce much workrate in the WWE though. He was Muraco's main rival in between Muraco's feuds with Pedro and Snuka, so there's a bunch of matches you can watch with Muraco/Johnson. At least the one I saw, wasn't anything too special though.

Manu. What a flop that was. Probably not even his fault but just WWE giving up super quick. Wouldn't happen nowadays with how much nepotism they have. I wonder if the guy is even still wrestling.
    Seems he still is, but for whatever reason, he's yet to work anywhere important. Biggest match was just a solitary singles dark match for ROH a few years back. Poor guy. You would have thought that at least TNA would have brought him in after his WWE release.

WAKE UP

Status

Trolled through the archives and found the Greatest WWE Matches of the 2000s project I ran about 10 years ago.

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=115463

Glad to still stand by a lot of my rankings here.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Trolled through the archives and found the Greatest WWE Matches of the 2000s project I ran about 10 years ago.

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=115463

Glad to still stand by a lot of my rankings here.
    So what you're saying is, you're ready to run it again

There's no way Benoit/Angle would finish 2nd these days.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

WAKE UP

Status

Absolutely not, it was a tonne of work for something that only got like 10 ballots, even though I thoroughly enjoyed running it.

Angle vs Benoit probably wouldn't score as high these days, through both Angle's stock falling and it being a Benoit match. I felt it was slightly overrated at the time but still placed it very high.

[be more kind]

Status

That'd be a very different list now considering me and Steve are the only ones still posting

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Damn, i watched Callihan and Sabre Jr vs Hero and Tommy End from Evolve. Match was mental. one if the best Hero matches i have ever seen.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

Wrestling Goddest

Status

I saw a flyer online for an indie wrestling show in the area which features Wildcat Chris Harris. He's really put on quite a bit of weight. If he had more facial hair I'd think he was Otis.
    From Cincinnati, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by the all pink everything herself...BattleKat

World Champion

Status

The Briscoes still rule just watch this hype for their cinematic match. Best Tag Team today, possibly of all time even when they face off against each other. This is also how comedy should be done in wrestling.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ringofhon...88109998657537
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-02-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Dat Boi

Status

Faye Jackson is a draw. If you know, you know.

World Champion

Status

Been watching ROH 2009 era. Its been a long time since i revisited this period as i remember being down on it. So far i watched a few matches and ive been really enjoying it

El Generico vs Nigel Mcguiness from Cage Collision was a fun co main event. Generico was so hot during this time.

Bryan Danielson vs Mike Quackenbush - Steel City Clash. Awesome technical encounter as youd expect. Mike had some really great arm drags and variation.of arm drags. Of Course Danielson was is usual self making wrestling look as real as possible . Worth checking out ****

Tyler Black And Kenta vs Austin Aries and Katsuhiko Nakajima - Take no Prisoners.

Fuck this was amazing. Aries during this time was so good. He plays fantastic heel in this match. Got a huge laugh out of him telling Kenta in body language no kick vs kick its hold vs hold. Tyler Black vs Aries iin the closing stretch was great. i even bought into Aries potentially winning until Tyler hit Gods last Gift for the three count ****1/2

Wrestling Goddest

Status

Watching the Bengals vs Steelers football game and a Steelers defender takes down a Bengals player and the announcers said it could be a wrestling move. The lead announcers (Ian Eagle I think) referenced Blackjack Lanza. Now there's a blast from the past. Unless you're a die hard wrestling fan, you've got to be a certain age to know Blackjack Lanza.
    From Cincinnati, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by the all pink everything herself...BattleKat

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Reggie Parks, creator of many of the great wrestling championship belts, has passed away. Conrad did a cool thread of his works:

https://twitter.com/heyheyitsconrad/...374069763?s=21
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    China

Made it to early 2001 Raw on Peacock and there's some things I'm taking note of:

I can safely say Edge & Christian definitely aren't as popular as they're made out to be in the current era if they need to 'leech off' of Kurt Angle's overness, sort of a Mandela effect. I'm also aware they'll do the same to Rhyno. I was kind of getting shoot annoyed at them interfering in nearly every match on the card and their gimmick is just not that great.

All I can say about Dean Malenko's 'James Bond' gimmick, is that thank god it's over. So much perviness from a man who sounds like a 20-year smoke addict. Malenko should stick to putting on technical matches.

Why the hell would they get rid of Disturbed for Steve Austin? Not necessarily a Disturbed fan here, just a fan of Glass Shatters.

2001 seems to be the year where WWF would start driving the theme home into our faces. It started when the 'respect for authority' got driven into our faces.

Raven got absolutely wasted in more ways than one in the hardcore division. 'Nuff said.

[be more kind]

Status

Been reading Bryan Danielson's (still weird to be typing that again) autobiography, about half way through so far (NXT Season 1 has just finished).

Bryan being Bryan means there's nothing particularly scandalous, but there's some nice insights into his UK tours and ROH run. Favourite story so far is Eziekel Jackson trying to steal his airplane seat and Regal chewing him out for it

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 LastLast

Thread Information