Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AEW Grand Slam - 9/22 & 9/24 2021

Status

Re: AEW Grand Slam - 9/22 & 9/24 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I liked the match, but I'm surprised to learn Hobbs has been doing this for 10 years. He's always had "a bit green, but full of potential" vibes.
    Having 10 years in-ring experience is a bit misleading. Its possible Cagematch is missing some of his stuff, but what it lists is 170 matches in his entire career. He's had several years with under 10 matches worked. His most ever in a single year was 2012 with 28 matches. I mean, quite seriously, a young lion in Japan working regular tour shows can get close in a single year to what Hobb's whole career has been. A quick peak and it looks like Kaito Kiyamiya had 133 matches in his first full year as a pro. So "a bit green" despite his years in the ring is fairly accurate.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Pure assumption here, but if you've spent years working the Cali and SoCal scene without ever sniffing at a PWG booking, you're probably not getting many opportunities to truly grow as a wrestler with quality opponents.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

90% sure the opening is a bit, but goofy Bryan is always fun. It's a TK piece, but I always like seeing behind-the-scenes stuff like the production truck footage from Punk's debut and this is kinda cool seeing snippets of them setting up for Arthur Ashe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information