Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WWE Extreme Rules 2021

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Extreme Rules 2021

That was fairly solid show, I especially liked the opening six man tag and the SmackDown tag title matches. US title match was way more fun than I expected and the main event was entertaining, weird finish but I didn’t mind it.

It did look like Balor may have legit got hurt when it broke on him because he was holding his thigh area after the fact and then quickly rolled out of the ring after the match was over, I hope it’s nothing too serious and he’s okay.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    It did look like Balor may have legit got hurt when it broke on him because he was holding his thigh area after the fact and then quickly rolled out of the ring after the match was over, I hope it’s nothing too serious and he’s okay.
    Honestly does that strike anyone else as a super dangerous spot to run? Dropping Balor's feet out from under him with no way for him to catch himself seems wildly irresponsible, unless I'm just missing the way to do it safely.

Goes without saying, safe or unsafe, the last moments of that match were comically bad.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Was good to see Sasha make her return.

Not really much else from this show other how bad the finish to Roman v Balor was.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

As expected this was a dull ppv. Extreme Rules is an opportunity to at least put on some fun matches with the potential stipulations but that didn't transpire. I can't say that I'm a big fan of gimmick ppv's but I've always been of the opinion that if you're going to do them then you may as well go all out. That means that for Extreme Rules literally all matches on the card should be gimmicked as extreme rules matches. On this ppv we got one extreme rules match in the main event and aside from a few kendo sticks and a few table spots, it was pretty tame.

The matches themselves were mostly fine. The Triple Threat for the US title was good, as expected, as was the teag team title match. Bianca vs Becky was a great match too despite the non-finish, but Sasha returning to the mix in this fashion is fine by me.
    The main event was just blegh to me. Partly because I knoew the outcome, partly because I hate the 'Demon' gimmick (or rather what it's become in WWE). I sincerely hope we never see it again.

I also very much enjoyed Charlotte beating Bliss and destroying the doll post-match. I really hope that's the beginning of the end of this stupid gimmick for Alexa. I was however surprised at the outcome of this match.

All in all pretty by the numbers boring ppv. roll on Blood Money...

WAKE UP

Status

I enjoyed the opening 2 matches and thought they were good fun. Lashley is on the best run of his career and I think it says a lot that he could confidently be the focal point of the match, whereas in the past you might have AJ be the glue holding everything together. The booking is wonky but I am all in favour of these all-star 6-mans getting time. Street Profits have a ceiling but the Usos match was probably as good as they have had. They just lack a little something to take them to the next level, maybe a bit more creativity, but the match was good.

Also I really dug the fired-up promos from Lashley and E laying down the gauntlet for RAW. These short, punchy promos are the sort of thing AEW has been really nailing and they are far better than the usual long, rambling ones WWE loves in front of a live crowd.

Skipped the middle two matches.

Lynch vs Belair was pretty whatever for the first 2/3 but got pretty good towards the end, but then the finish made it all perfunctory. I am here for Banks returning, though maybe it suggests Lynch still isn't fully confident in her return if they need her to help carry the workload?

Main event was a mix of goofball and a good prop brawl. Then there was the finish. Such good shit, pal.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

So in kayfabe terms, is God a heel now for helping Roman win? Is God now apart of the Bloodline?
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    There was a sign in the crowd saying “A Goofy Movie is filth.”

That had more of a emotional impact on me than most of this show. That person can fight me.
    I took it personally as well, I demand that man be banished from future events.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    So in kayfabe terms, is God a heel now for helping Roman win? Is God now apart of the Bloodline?
    It's interesting that commentary were playing up the whole "Woah, was there a higher power involved here?!" narrative, it'll be interesting to see if that's something WWE follow through on or if it was just a spontaneous thing that commentary did on the fly just to play with us.

I think its almost certain that it won't lead to anything, but who knows.

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

This will lead to The Demon Balor vs. The Demon Kane woooooo
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Greek Beauties - October Entry

Vaso Laskaraki

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    This will lead to The Demon Balor vs. The Demon Kane woooooo
    Oh Christ lol. That's such a Crown Jewel-esque match it may just happen!

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I watched 4 matches from the show:

New Day/Lashley and pals - An odd booking choice, would it not have been better for the Lashley/Big E cage match to be 1 day earlier, ya know on the PPV that's supposed to be about stipulation matches that had 1 stipulation on the show. We got the PPV match on Raw and the Raw match on PPV. Regardless, this was a lot of fun and Lashley looks to be having the best run of his career, pissed off Lashley is the best version of himself. Good reactions for Big E as champion and good to see him get the pin.

Usos/Street Profits - I thought this was fine but forgettable other than Montez' dive

Becky/Bianca - Pretty good, probably the match of the night. I was dead against the Becky heel turn, but after seeing that match it makes sense, she is dorky and 'The Man' stuff was already drifting into arrogance before she left to have the baby. Bianca looked superb and gives off superstar vibes but she's probably not coming out of this feud with the title. Wet fart finish, particularly on #EXTREMERULES to do a DQ finish. SD has three great acts her at the top of their division, but I can't say I'm terribly excited for a WWE style 3 way at the next PPV, much more into singles matches between all three women to see out 2021.

Roman/Finn - I didn't realise Finn was back to being the dopey demon and that instantly killed a bit of my enthusiasm for the match. This was WWE main roster in a nutshell. Finn's been killing it in NXT with the best character work of his career, he's introduced back into the mix on SD where he should have been considered a potential title winner against Roman and they've done everything to screw that up and tell you he's nothing special. They jerk him around by bumping him off of Summerslam for Cena, they've hit the reset button on his character and he's back to just being the demon from 2015, and they've set up the Brock match at Blood Money to let you know he's definitely losing this title match. If you know he's losing the title match, why is he out in the demon getup?, and what's with the Fiend tier bullshit of him recovering at the end of the match through supernatural powers just to lose the match a minute later?!?!?!?!?! Why protect someone during the match you've spent 2 months not protecting and presenting as just another guy. This shit made no sense.

Match was ok until the finish, but they had better in their past on Raw in 2016.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information