Thread: Paige is pursuing an in-ring comeback

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Paige is pursuing an in-ring comeback

From Fightful:

Paige isn't done yet.

Paige hasn't wrestled since December 27, 2017 when she suffered a neck injury at a live event. On the April 9, 2018 episode of WWE Raw, Paige officially announced her retirement.

Speaking on her Twitch stream, Paige says she isn't done just yet.

"I'm not fucking done," she said. "I'm not done yet. This is going to be my comeback story. I'm inspired. I'm so inspired by the people coming back to wrestling and the more I think about it, I'm like, 'Okay, mentally, I'm ready to go.' I'm going to start working around, getting in the ring a little bit. Maybe. We'll see. This is not saying I'm making a comeback tomorrow. It's a long fucking road. I still have to get cleared by doctors, I have to get cleared by WWE. It's such a bg process, but emotionally, I'm ready. The past few months, I didn't think I was emotionally ready, but no, I'm fucking ready to get back on the horse. Even if it takes me a year. One step at a time, build to it, that's exactly what I'm doing. There's a whole journey and it's going to take some time."

Shortly after her comments, a user asked about AJ Lee possibly coming back at the same time as Paige.

Paige replied, "If AJ comes back, that would be a separate occasion. You can't have two massive comebacks in one day. I'm not going to tell you if I am going to return, but when I do -- and I'm saying when because I fucking am -- when I do, I will not tell you. It will be a surprise."

Paige said she's going to keep fans updated on her progress on her TikTok page. She said he kept envisioning a comeback and it's all she can think about.

She also addressed incorrect reports about her leaving WWE after she stated that her contract is up in June 2022.

She said about the reports, "I'm not leaving WWE, not that I know of [laughs]. Did I get fired? I'm still working for WWE. My contract isn't up yet. I love the WWE."

Fightful will continue to update fans on Paige's progress and in-ring status as her journey begins.
    Say what you will about her, but I think most would agree she had a great run in the ring throughout NXT and WWE and was always an interesting character to me. I think she has a different level of star appeal to a lot of women in wrestling right now, so I think whether it's with WWE, AEW, Impact or somewhere else, she would definitely be an asset.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Paige is pursuing an in-ring comeback

She has a very strange legacy behind her. Really was the foundation for the women's revolution that followed her NXT run, then the injuries stopped her becoming part of it once it hit the main roster. Then you've got the Hollywood biopic, the sex tape, her stance on the Twitch stuff. Her in ring legacy should have been as strong if not stronger than the Horsewomen, so I'd be behind seeing what she could do if she came back.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

Fight The Power

Status

Would love to see her return and have a more meaningful run than she ever did on the main roster. I know the injuries put an end to things but she was easily primed to be their biggest star following AJ and had to sit on the sidelines through the whole Womens Revolution thing

I mean...it doesn't sound as if anything changed. She can be "Pursuing a return to the ring" all she wants, but unless she gets cleared by doctors, she's never going to be back in a WWE ring.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I mean...it doesn't sound as if anything changed. She can be "Pursuing a return to the ring" all she wants, but unless she gets cleared by doctors, she's never going to be back in a WWE ring.
    Her WWE deal ends next June, so it may not end up being in WWE's doctors' hands. Based on the way she's talking her, it's not a matter of if but a matter of when, from her perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Her WWE deal ends next June, so it may not end up being in WWE's doctors' hands. Based on the way she's talking her, it's not a matter of if but a matter of when, from her perspective.
    Considering she hasn't been able to wrestle in years, WWE could easily keep rolling back her contract if they wanted to be petty. Look at what they did with Rey Mysterio at the end of his first run with the company.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Considering she hasn't been able to wrestle in years, WWE could easily keep rolling back her contract if they wanted to be petty. Look at what they did with Rey Mysterio at the end of his first run with the company.
    Fair enough. But with their recent tactics of cutting costs as much as possible, they may just not want to go through the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Fair enough. But with their recent tactics of cutting costs as much as possible, they may just not want to go through the trouble.
    In a normal company, I would say yes, but it's WWE. Who knows what that petty ass company wants to do.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

I think when the time comes they'll let her go when her contract ends. She's barely been appearing in an ambasadorial role since she's been injured. She's done a few backstage stuff like WWE Backstage, pre-show panel stuff, Talking Smack etc but even those have been few and far in between as of late. If they won't clear her they won't try to re-sign her IMO and I doubt that they'll do the 'Rey Mysterio' trick by adding time to her contract. It's not like she has an injury that she'll eventually recover from (in their eyes) so I don't think they'll do that. Otherwise they'll be adding several years to her deal lol.

I think she'll leave when her contract ends and probably go to AEW. I know that's almost the default answer now when you consider what someone does after/when they leave WWE, but I think she' would be a good fit for their company, and if shey can get her cleared then she would be a huge asset to their womens divison, which is the division that's lacking most in AEW.

WAKE UP

Status

Another overrated female worker because she was better than an un-trained diva.

I think the biggest takeaway is just how much medical science has progressed over the years that so many guys like Bryan, Edge, Christian, now maybe Paige have been given a second chance at their career after significant injuries. Imagine if guys like Rick Rude or Ricky Steamboat had been given a second run after their injuries.

Thread Information