Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021/22 Discussion Thread

Status

Re: Premier League 2021/22 Discussion Thread

A player for Brighton has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault. Player in their 20s. Already seem videos of him being arrested so the name is out there.

That's 3 Prem players in like 2 months. What the fuck?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Oh Bissouma.....
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Bloody hell.
    Tell you what though, I'm amazed that these players are still employed by their clubs. I know that Mendy is officially suspended by City, but I would think that he's still getting paid throughout this, as I haven't seen anything different. He's on around 90k a week I believe? Siggurdson the same, still employed, left out of the remier League squad of course but not suspended (as far as we're aware) and still getting paid. He's also on about 100k a week I think. Absolute madness really.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Oh Bissouma.....
    Allegedly Oh Bissouma…

Its crazy to have 3 of these in such a short period, but the general thought seems to be me that players are no longer getting away with the kind of things they would have in the past.

And I'm not 100% with British law, Tommy, but I know that in a lot of places, you can't really fire someone for an accusation or arrest. If they end up being found innocent (or having charges dropped), they can sue for wrongful dismissal. Unless there is are specific clauses in the contract that allow for dismissal even based on an accusation, clubs are likely limited.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

They could be dismissed for gross misconduct but they would need to be found guilty first haha.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

Feel so conflicted. I do feel happy for Newcastle supporters that they are finally rid of Mike Ashley.... They have had a shit time of it due to him. But I can't feel good about a nation with an abhorrent human rights record taking over a Prem club. I think we all know that nothing matters but money to the league and the clubs but its still disappointing to see it clearly demonstrated once again. Its like the WWE with their Saudi shows...
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Non-Binary Finery

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Feel so conflicted. I do feel happy for Newcastle supporters that they are finally rid of Mike Ashley.... They have had a shit time of it due to him. But I can't feel good about a nation with an abhorrent human rights record taking over a Prem club. I think we all know that nothing matters but money to the league and the clubs but its still disappointing to see it clearly demonstrated once again. Its like the WWE with their Saudi shows...
    I feel the same. I'm trying not to put the actions of fuds on twitter as the whole fanbase because Arsenal has that shit happen all the time and it's annoying, but seeing folk dressed up as the sheikh outside St James is just fucking sickening. Ultimately there's fuck all the fans can do about it and I'm glad they're happy about the takeover, they should be. But you just ken folk are gonna be obnoxious twats about it

"I can cure sex cancer!"
    "
    Sex cancer isn't even a thing!"
    "......I did it."
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    I feel the same. I'm trying not to put the actions of fuds on twitter as the whole fanbase because Arsenal has that shit happen all the time and it's annoying, but seeing folk dressed up as the sheikh outside St James is just fucking sickening. Ultimately there's fuck all the fans can do about it and I'm glad they're happy about the takeover, they should be. But you just ken folk are gonna be obnoxious twats about it
    Yeah, I absolutely can't blame Newcastle supporters who are happy. Happy that Ashley is gone and that they have an owner who will spend money. But celebrating that ownership to that extent... hard not to cringe really fucking hard at it. This is the same regime that murdered Kashoggi and gets the WWE a ton of heat for maintaining that relationship.

I've been on social media less and less lately so haven't seen anyone defending the regime or anything like that but I'm sure its happening out there. The tribalism of some fans knows no bounds.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

The takeover is a double edge sword. On one hand they've got rid of an owner who had zero interest in growing the club and spending money on it and traded him out for owners who will do the exact opposite, but on the other hand they now have owners who come from a country with an incredibly questionable background, morals, ethics and so on. I agree that it's pretty distasteful and disgusting how some pockets of Newcastle fans are 'celebrating' this.

Here's some food for thought though on the spending power of these new owners; they have more money than all the other premier league clubs combined. They are 10x more wealthy than Manchester City's owners. I's going to be fascinating to see how this club grows over the next few seasons, but I suspect that we'll see another rise akin to that of Manchester City. They started off signing mid-big name players like Geovanni, Elano, Robinho, Gareth Barry, Santa Cruz, Toure, Adebayor, Tevez. Then you got names like Yaya Toure, Zabaletta, Fernandinho, Aguero coming in and we're in the situaiton we're in now where City are rampant every season.

A lot of it has to do with the coaching too thugh. I feel sorry for Steve Bruce as he's not likely to be in charge much longer, and he may not even be in charge of the next game (which will be his 1000th PL game). It'll be interesting to see who they bring in. Are they going to be able to lure a guy like Antonio Conte perhaps? Who is known for liking a project to work with that has an end game of winning trophies. It would be quite the coup.

People's Champion

Status

It'll be a 3 stage thing. You need a proven PL manager to keep them up this season, then target Europe next and build from there.

Bruce may get the next game then perhaps Howe takes over?

Who knows though.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Main Eventer

Status

Mohamad Bin Salman : I told my guys to get me a new castle, and these idiots bought me a football club!!!

Status

So an interesting dynamic to consider... Saudi Arabia clearly do what they want. Like murdering people. They also simply solve any issue by throwing money at it. That was largely why they avoided much for repercussions for the Khashoggi murder. They also solved the TV rights "dispute" with bein Sports by simply paying a billion dollars. That is what allowed the Newcastle purchase to move forward because the Premier League had no issue with the human rights record of Saudi Arabia, but god forbid anyone fuck with TV rights. Some of the images going around showing how much richer this investment fund is than other rich owners is a bit misleading as it leaves off quite a few wealthy owners from Russia. But regardless of that, the money behind this is next-level huge. If they approach this the way that everyone expects them to, they will once again reforming the landscape of the game. They won't give a fuck about FFP, especially after PSG and City have basically taken away any teeth it ever had.

The fact that there are apparently fans and some pundits talking positively about Saudi Arabia shows how effective sports-washing is.

A buddy (Tottenham supporter) and I are already pretty disillusioned with the EPL, for various reasons. Unless this new ownership show a highly-unlikely level of restraint, I can't imagine the situation gets better. Just feels gross.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Yeah FFP is what they'll be stung on early on if anything goes wrong. I have little doubt the EPL will be looking very closely at all the dealings there moving forward.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

So Newcastle are sticking with big Stevie Bruce for the Spurs game, which will give him his 1000th PL game as manager. Happy for him for making that milestone, doesn't change the fact that he'll be sacked almost immediately afterwards.

Also, Marcus Rashford is in the United squad for the Leicester game...
    Hope they aren't rushing him back as we really do need him fully fit on that left hand side at the moment.

People's Champion

Status

Utterly shambolic today. Poor choices, players not in form, poor subs...I have to blame Ole for that today. Pogba was poor, Ronaldo was poor, Bruno was poor...yet sub time he takes of Sancho who was doing well again. Maguire wasn't fit enough and that showed on their opener.

Glad this unbeaten run away from home is over with now though, as records are there to be broken. However this tricky run of games now it's not going to get any better.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

That match was fantastic viewing for a neutral. Or a Leicester supporter, I guess. Just pure entertainment.

Villa and Wolves was a similar but I just saw the updates.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

So....can we all agree that Salah is currently the best footballer in the world?

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    That match was fantastic viewing for a neutral. Or a Leicester supporter, I guess. Just pure entertainment.

Villa and Wolves was a similar but I just saw the updates.
    Oh it was an easy watch but my word Ole needs to stop playing favourites before it's too late.

Knowing Ole he'll pull out the results like he always does when the pressure is on.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    So....can we all agree that Salah is currently the best footballer in the world?
    No doubt for me he is. I think he’s probably the best right winger in premier league history now when you build your all time XIs.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Shocking performance from United that, thank goodness De Gea is back to his best otherwise that could have been 8. How on earth we are playing Matic in DM even if others are injured is beyond me. He can't even run anymore.

Pogba can't play there either and it is a huge problem with the games we have coming up. Fear for Ole for the first time to be honest.
    BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information