Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021/22 Discussion Thread

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Premier League 2021/22 Discussion Thread

Never thought I’d see a team break Derby’s record but man, Norwich could be that team.

It’s early days but undefeated and 3 clean sheets is promising. Feels nice to be able to rotate between four very solid defenders . I do worry for our midi field though. Elliot no doubt gone gone for the season and now Thiago has taken a slight knock. If shits hits the fan, then I hope we learn from last season and actually buy someone in Jan.

Wolves really are a shell of their former selves. I’m sure they’ll stay up fine, but they look like a team devoid of ideas.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Liverpool got the rub in a couple of decisions too, they weren't the only ones as VAR took a bit of a hit with iffy decisions, especially the Toney one .

I don't see City or Liverpool having enough to stop Chelsea. City are short of a striker and Liverpool, well Gini.

Whilst i'm here RIP Jimmy Greaves.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I didn't think VAR was too bad this weekend. They got the Brentford penalty right, the Burnley no penalty right, Sterling's offside goal right. I thought Toney did move his arm towards the ball to control it for his goal too.

I wouldn't be ruling out Liverpool in a title race, I think they look stronger at the back this year and they're still scoring goals for fun. Still a 3 horse race in my mind with Liverpool, Chelsea and City.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

The EST of WC

Status

This year is certainly setup for a great title race. I wouldnt be surprised if Ronaldo United are also up there come the end of the year. My money is still on City to find a way, but it’s certainly anyone of the top 4’s to lose.

[be more kind]

Status

Interested in how well this Spurs/Chelsea game goes with this carbon neutral attempt. Not expecting it to work, but a significant improvement is still a step forward nonetheless.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Ground out win for United against West Ham. I thought for sure that Moyes was going to have the last laugh on us but Jesse Lingard making up for his mistake midweek and against his 'former club' too. Heck of a finish by him too mind, really great movement to make himself the space and then a lovely curling belter into the top corner. He's really in great form (Champions League mistake aside).
    Got to give massive credit to David De Gea too. He's really proving his worth so far this season and has been one of our best players so far IMO. First penalty save full stop since 2016 and first one in the premier league since 2014 believe it or not. I don't know when Henderson is due back but there's no chance in hell he gets straight back into the team with De Gea in this form. He's going to have to wait for a De Gea injury, Covid or a serious dip in form to get back in the side.
    One player I've not been impressed with so far is Jadon Sancho. Expected more from him but he's been very underwhelming so far. He's still settling in no doubt but he needs to start contributing more assists and chipping in with goals before too long. He's lucky in some respects that his signing has gone a little bit under the radar due to Ronaldo coming in.

I have to agree that Wolves look a shadow of their former selves. Their front three of Jimenez, Trincao and Traore should be causing opponents all sorts of problems but they just can't seem to get it going. I reall hope that Jimenez in particular can recapture his form because he's an unstoppable striker when he's on it.

As for Norwich beating that Derby record, that will take some doing! That Darby side was absolute dog-shite but you look up and down this Norwich squad and they don't seem that much better. There's a handful of decent players in there. Tim Krul's a top keeper who's far too good for a team like Norwich, Max Aarons, Billy Gilmour and Josh Sargeant are decent players too but then the rest of the squad is average at best.

Chelsea march on with another 3 goals, Liverpool managed a 3-0 with a few players missing so that shows that they've improved their strength in depth from last season. Fair play to Southampton for getting a 0-0 against City, at the Empty-had too! I'm sure Pep was very happy with the support!

Chelsea and Liverpool are favorites for the title for me. City are definitley lacking something this season, they really should have bought a striker in the summer. If not Kane then someone else. United should be a safe bet for the top 4 but I'm not 100% convinced that we have what it takes to beat Chelsea, City or Liverpool. I'm looking forward to our matches vs those teams though as if we can get positive results against them then it's a good sign that we're going to be up there in a title challenge come the end of the season.

They/Them

Status
      Country                    Scotland

King Gilmour deserves better than to be in that Norwich team fuck me.

The game against Burnley had me bricking it in the last 20-25 minutes. They were probably the better team overall tbh, first half I wasn't impressed at ALL with our performance, but Odegaards fuckin banger of a free kick got us the win.

Ramsdale has to be #1 now though surely. No fuckin WAY Leno keeps a clean sheet in that game, and he's got one foot out the door anyway, so keep him on the bench and give Ramsdale the start. As much as I was negative on him coming in for £30million, he's kept us in it the past 2 games and actually knows how to fuckin control the ball.

We MUST win against Spurs though. They've looked utterly dreadful against Palace and Chelsea, we need to capitalise on that immediately. The pressure will go right back onto Arteta if he doesn't win this game.

"I can cure sex cancer!"
    "
    Sex cancer isn't even a thing!"
    "......I did it."
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

Comeback King

Status

Delighted with the start United have had despite not really clicking into gear yet. Very encouraging but the fixtures now start to get a lot harder.

Glad Lingard got his goal and immediately made amends for the Young Boys backpass.

Chelsea look so good right now.
    BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Comeback King

Status

(All kick-offs 3pm unless stated)

Saturday 25 September

12:30 Chelsea v Man City
    12:30 Man Utd v Aston Villa
    Everton v Norwich
    Leeds v West Ham
    Leicester v Burnley
    Watford v Newcastle
    17:30 Brentford v Liverpool

Sunday 26 September

14:00 Southampton v Wolves
    16:30 Arsenal v Spurs

Monday 27 September

20:00 Crystal Palace v Brighton

Not sure why there is two 12.30pm games but Chelsea v Man City is very tasty indeed. I fancy Chelsea I think. Not interested in Arsenal v Spurs to be honest as I don't think either finish top four. I think Brentford might get something against Liverpool.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

People's Champion

Status

Espcially when the Man Utd vs Villa game isn't a TV game....

#ShadeWinsLOL

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

I’m very interested in Arsenal Vs Spurs as there’s more to the premier league than just 4 clubs. Especially when it’s a derby that tends to always deliver.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Comeback King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I’m very interested in Arsenal Vs Spurs as there’s more to the premier league than just 4 clubs. Especially when it’s a derby that tends to always deliver.
    Didn't really mean it like that, just meant they both have a real lack of quality and it isn't perhaps going to be as good as in recent seasons. We shall see.

It is so odd having two games at 12.30 and I haven't seeny anywhere as to why it is the case.
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post

(All kick-offs 3pm unless stated)

Saturday 25 September

12:30 Chelsea v Man City
    12:30 Man Utd v Aston Villa
    Everton v Norwich
    Leeds v West Ham
    Leicester v Burnley
    Watford v Newcastle
    17:30 Brentford v Liverpool

Sunday 26 September

14:00 Southampton v Wolves
    16:30 Arsenal v Spurs

Monday 27 September

20:00 Crystal Palace v Brighton

Not sure why there is two 12.30pm games but Chelsea v Man City is very tasty indeed. I fancy Chelsea I think. Not interested in Arsenal v Spurs to be honest as I don't think either finish top four. I think Brentford might get something against Liverpool.

So that was YOUR fault. Fucking Order......

Seriously though, that was a frustratingly good game of football. Arguably the Game of the season thus far. That Salah miss at 3-2 really hurt us.

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Didn't really mean it like that, just meant they both have a real lack of quality and it isn't perhaps going to be as good as in recent seasons. We shall see.

It is so odd having two games at 12.30 and I haven't seeny anywhere as to why it is the case.
    The early kick off was to do with a Courteeners concert at the cricket ground tonight.

Sounds like it was a turgid United performance from anything I’ve heard so far - relieved it wasn’t on TV now. Three defeats in 4 games and only a penalty save away from being 4 games without a win. Is it time for Gary Neville to insist Ole needs another couple of transfer windows?

Comeback King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    So that was YOUR fault. Fucking Order......

Seriously though, that was a frustratingly good game of football. Arguably the Game of the season thus far. That Salah miss at 3-2 really hurt us.
    Just call me Mystic Meg

Really hope Brighton win on Monday and go top of the league haha. Going to be such an exciting season. Don't think United are good enough but if they can click then who knows. Hope this is our bad spell.
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Status

I like football again.

That is all.

Carry on.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I like football again.

That is all.

Carry on.
    Spurs were terrible haha. Kane's value is going to drop massively at this rate isn't it.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

Daniel Levy calling Pep right now, asking if they would do $100m in the winter window.

Spurs were awful and that was a stupid setup by Nuno. But Arsenal were also slick on the counter, which has typically not been the case under Arteta. Too many counter opportunities are wasted due to us slowing down play after the 2nd pass, then the opportunity is gone. We carried through on these and it was glorious.

Queue the overreactions. Can only imagine all the chatter about Spurs being "done" and Arsenal being "back" when either side can have a result or two in the other direction and it will all switch again.

I know you all have missed my rants in here recently. Apologies, as I was driving across the continent to get married stuff.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Oooh err congratulations!

I don't think Nuno has figured out how to use the players at his disposal. At Wolves it was fit the players in the 343....at Spurs he could do that but hasn't really settled on a formation has he.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Such a disappointing result for United. Say what you want about the penalty miss, but that's not the main reason we lost. Villa were just better than us in every department. I have no clue why Ole played Fred in midfield when Van de Beek had such a good game midweek (the only player who played well in that game really). I think it's time he got a run of games for us alongside McTominay now and I hope that starts next game.
    And to those quesitoning why Fernandes took the penalty instead of Ronaldo, tha'ts simple; he's our designated penatly taker. He's not missed on in how many for United now? Why would we suddenly change?

I'm surprised City beat Chelsea, that's a huge 3 points for them.

Spurs are in a real rut right now, which is surprising after such a strong start to the season. It looks to me that Nuno just can't figure out how to play with the team. The bad run has also coincided with Kane returning ironically, maybe they'd be better off without him. They really should have sold him in the summer and got somoene else in.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information