Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cowards Premier League 2021/22 Discussion Thread

Status

Re: The Cowards Premier League 2021/22 Discussion Thread

I only watched pieces of both matches yesterday. Fucking hell that win by Tottenham.. would have been really enjoyable as a neutral, I imagine, but I can't feel good things for that club. Leicster were just fucking stupid on the 3rd goal, though - basically gave it right to Spurs and barely made an attempt to defend. They were check out and assuming that 5 minutes of added time didn't actually mean 7 1/2 minutes. Kinda getting vibes from Tielmans that he's done, and Rogers kinda threw him under the bus a bit as wel.

United look shit in the 1st half but solid in the 2nd. I like Thomas Frank but his post-match comments were a bit off the mark. They didn't outplay United through the full 90 and those goals weren't simply "lucky". Ronaldo having a strop about being subbed seems like much ado about nothing... its what he does.

Saw a stat this morning that in 5 years with Arsenal, Granit Xhaka has penned / posted 19 apologies on Instagram. That's gotta a league leading xApol over the time period.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

The mask slipped on Frank in that interview and people are seeing the arrogant arsehole that Albion fans saw in the promotion race 2 years ago.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

United are slowly but surely figuring themselves out under Rangnick. I think Rangnick himself is adapting to the Premier League which is slowing the process down but after a few months, it'll all work as it should. I think it's telling that despite the rough start, we're still winning and showing some flashes. All the noise from the club is a good sign as well. Obviously it's embarrassing to see the Martial nonsense but it coming out in the open will open the door for him and others to leave. Good players but United should get rid of the players who don't actually want to be here.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Was a proper game of two halves that Brentford/United game. It should have been beyond Man Utd by half time but something clicked second half and it went as expected. 433 come 4231 works better for the players at his disposal too. Don't think Fred works at an #8 though, but having Pogba in that role would be ideal, as for whatever reason he still won't play Donny (Just sell him ffs, don't ruin his career). Greenwood is showing signs of getting back to very good form too which is another bonus.

I also find it interesting that Maguire didn't start despite obviously being fit. I wonder how long that will continue for....
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Comeback King

Status

(All kick-offs 3pm unless stated)

Friday 21 January

20:00 Watford v Norwich

Saturday 22 January

12:30 Everton v Aston Villa
    Brentford v Wolves
    Leeds v Newcastle
    Man Utd v West Ham
    17:30 Southampton v Man City

Sunday 23 January

14:00 Arsenal v Burnley
    14:00 Crystal Palace v Liverpool
    14:00 Leicester v Brighton
    16:30 Chelsea v Spurs

Chelsea v Spurs and United v West Ham look like the standouts although Everton v Villa has so many sub plots with Gerrard, Coutinho, Digne, Everton new manager search ongoing etc... Hoping United can beat West Ham and get some momentum going.

WWE: The New Vision| Former BTB Overlord | Order's Interviews

BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

What’s that, a full compliment of games as it stands? We shall see.

I’m actually looking forward to Watford/Norwich tonight, love a relegation six pointer.

Bet Palace are glad Mane ain’t around ridiculous record against them.

we all Leeds fans this weekend?
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Internet Favorite

Status

Unbelievable that there's (at the moment) a full compliment of games to look forward to this weekend!

Everton vs Villa, United vs West Ham and Chelsea vs Spurs are all very tasty games. And yes, fuck Newcastle at this point, hope Leeds really get into them and get a result.

Non-Binary Finery

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Unbelievable that there's (at the moment) a full compliment of games to look forward to this weekend!

Everton vs Villa, United vs West Ham and Chelsea vs Spurs are all very tasty games. And yes, fuck Newcastle at this point, hope Leeds really get into them and get a result.
    We weren't on the fuck Newcastle train as soon as those blood money cunts came in? hope they sign Balotelli or something and just shit the bed

WWE 2022 - Now in the BTB Section

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    We weren't on the fuck Newcastle train as soon as those blood money cunts came in? hope they sign Balotelli or something and just shit the bed
    Oh absolutely!
    And fuck yes please for Super Mario coming back to the Prem! I really hope they pull that move off!

Status

Full slate of matches until Arsenal request and are granted a postponement 12 minutes before kickoff due to 9 positive tests that turn out to be false positives.

Genuinely can't believe Burnley might have to play a match, though.

I think its entirely down to Football Manager but I've got a bit of a soft spot for Norwich and hope they can survive. Would LOVE to see Burnley go down. And Newcastle. I feel a bit conflicted on that because I feel a lot of empathy for those Newcastle supporters - the ones who aren't trying to white-wash the owners - but its just a textbook case of why the league needs to be stronger in requirements for who can buy a club.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Non-Binary Finery

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Full slate of matches until Arsenal request and are granted a postponement 12 minutes before kickoff due to 9 positive tests that turn out to be false positives.

Genuinely can't believe Burnley might have to play a match, though.

I think its entirely down to Football Manager but I've got a bit of a soft spot for Norwich and hope they can survive. Would LOVE to see Burnley go down. And Newcastle. I feel a bit conflicted on that because I feel a lot of empathy for those Newcastle supporters - the ones who aren't trying to white-wash the owners - but its just a textbook case of why the league needs to be stronger in requirements for who can buy a club.
    FM is why I have a soft spot for Burnley & Watford hopin Everton shit the bed and go down just to keep Norwich or Watford in the league. Not for a long time like, just the one season in the Championship to stop Newcastle from winning

Norwich looked pretty shit in the first half, but fuckin hell the 2nd half they didn't look nothing like they've looked all season. As much as I'd love Watford to stay up just to wind up all the folk who get irrationally angry over them sacking managers they don't even care about, they utterly shat the bed last night.

Almost didn't finish either, because one of the floodlights went out, so for 15 minutes you just heard Carragher losing his shit about how there's fuck all wrong and we need to get back to the game. Low-key wished that Ranieri was just like "here I can't see the pitch you have to stop the game"

Also Sargents goal was fuckin excellent. Fair play to him

WWE 2022 - Now in the BTB Section

Status

Not much to say about Arsenal-Burnley. But it does reinforce my concern that top four might beyond our capabilities this year.

Sargeant has not looked ready for the Prem at all, so those goals were out of nowhere. I mean, he probably wasn't ready for the Bundesliga's lower reaches when he moved either and was part of why Bremen went down last year.

Refs having a 'mare today. That VAR-overturned "penalty" in the Liverpool match was a joke. Even saw Reds supporters asking WTF. And that Matt Dockerty studs-into-the-ankle on Sarr isn't even called a foul. Its a borderline red - absolutely 100% a foul and vicious, but at least questionable as to whether there was intent in the placement of the studs fully into the ankle. But to not even give a foul is absurdity. Ref is setting a tone that basically anything goes in this one.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

And it just gets worse. Thiago Silva legit just throws himself into the grass and allows Kane to score a perfectly legitimate goal and it somehow gets chalked off. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU MAKE ME FEEL ANY DEGREE OF EMPATHY FOR HARRY FUCKING KANE?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

League announced they are changing the COVID-related absences rule for potential postponements. Clubs must now have 4 confirmed cases, plus other absences, to have a postponement approved. This is a good thing, I think.

(expects Klopp's phone to be lighting up with questions from other managers about "false positives")

Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

No Prem this weekend, but at least we get to enjoy breaking stories about the upstanding totally above the board methodology used by Manchester City. I doubt this even gets invested by the league or UEFA. Basically, some of City's official partners are... not actually companies but shells. Totally legit, though.

And in a non-story, totally not owned by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia EPL club Newcastle have gone to play a friendly in.... the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. What a weird coincidence.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

The Manchester City financial cheating is quite a fun rabbit hole to go down. So the new Newcastle-inspired rules restrict over-valued sponsorship deals from companies that are linked are limited to deals over $2m. Manchester City have been taking the obvious loophole and signing a ton of "small" deals that are sub-$2m per year so they don't get looked at by the league. But they are really clearly just financial doping. These deals are with companies that have direct family relations with those at the top of Manchester City. Like siblings. But hey, league is clearly trying to keep things equitable and Manchester City remain fully committed to following all regulations.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Seems like Mason Greenwood is the new signee for Prison FC if what is coming out is true.

Dirty, horrible little bastard.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Haven't watched the video or anything but sounds pretty awful. Feel awful for her. He's a massive piece of shit if any of it is accurate.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Absolute scum. That poor girl. Hopefully she gets justice.
    ​​​​