Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - June 15, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - June 15, 2021

WWE NXT PREVIEW
    JUNE 15, 2021

WHAT CHANGE IS WILLIAM REGAL BRINGING TO NXT
    As he was leaving the building at the conclusion of NXT TakeOver: In Your House Sunday night, NXT General Manager William Regal made a curious statement. Remarking on the enormous chaos that had overtaken NXT, Mr. Regal said that he believes “it’s time for a change.”

What sort of change could he have in mind? Could the seven-year General Manager actually be thinking of stepping down? Is he considering instituting harsh rules in an effort to quell the violence? Could he be looking to enlist help from someone to get NXT back under control?

Don’t miss all the excitement of NXT, this Tuesday at 8/7 C on USA.

RAQUEL GONZALEZ AND DAKOTA KAI TO FACE KACY CATANZARO AND KAYDEN CARTER
    Raquel Gonzalez’s meteoric rise as NXT Women’s Champion continued at NXT TakeOver: In Your House, and tonight Big Mami Cool will team with Dakota Kai against Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter.

At the NXT TakeOver: In Your House Global Press Conference, Gonzalez let Ember Moon know that she had her eyes set on being a double champion on the black-and-gold brand. The first-ever NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions were bested by Moon & Shotzi Blackheart in their last match together while Catanzaro & Carter have been out of action since March.

Will Gonzalez & Kai regain momentum in the hunt for the titles?

Don’t miss the showdown tonight on USA Network at 8/7 C.

KUSHIDA NXT CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE OPEN CHALLENGE
    In the wake of the news that NXT Cruiserweight Champion Kushida will hold an Open Challenge for his title this Tuesday on NXT, which elite Superstar will look to step into the spotlight and attempt to knock the explosive titleholder off his throne?

Find out this Tuesday at 8/7 C on NXT on USA.

TOMMASSO CIAMPA AND TIMOTHY THATCHER TO FACE GRIZZLED YOUNG VETERANS IN TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH
    The Grizzled Young Veterans said they were finished with Tommaso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher, but The Blackheart & "Toothless Timmy" had other ideas.

The two duos will face off in what promises to be a chaotic Tornado Tag Team Match next Tuesday on NXT.

When confronted by Ciampa & Thatcher this past week on NXT, Zack Gibson & James Drake opted for the Tornado Rules stipulation — one that seemed to sit just fine with their adversaries.

With traditional tag rules out the window, what's in store when these rivals collide?

Find out on NXT, Tuesday night at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - June 15, 2021

Man I've always liked Trevor Lee as a talent, but I always thought he'd never really amount to anything interesting. Props to NXT for developing him into Cameron Grimes, he has done some really solid work.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Disappointed Samoa Joe’s returned just to be on the most stale product in the world.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Being an enforcer who can't actually "enforce" unless physically provoked sounds somewhat useless tbh.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm super happy to see Joe back in NXT. Sure, he could have gone to AEW but to do what? Be an authority figure there? They already have a few older guys that would or could play a similar role, he would have seemed like just anther one of those player/coaches, much like Sting, Christian, Mark Henry, Big Show and a few others. Except he couldn't play. a return to Impact could have happened too but that seems beneath him right now to be honest and a NJPW jump is totally out of the quesiton with him not cleared for the ring.

With NXT he has extensive history, is clearly extremely valued and highly thought of (evident by HHH going out of his way to re-sign him before his 90 days is even up and making noise about being very pissed off about him being released in the first place).
    Evident from his interactions last night they certainly haven't ruled out him ever wrestling again, and I'm sure that WWE will continue to monitor that situation and help him in any way they can to get him cleared if that's at all possible. Either way, he'll be a huge asset to WWE and specifically NXT.

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Well it does seem to me that he's going to wrestle again, it's only a matter of getting to that point within this enforcer storyline. While I do think NXT is an improvement for Joe and beneficial to that brand as well... yes, I absolutely would have rather seen him in AEW. Even just as a commentator, they're introducing a new television show in a few months and his services could have been well used in that respect. And then there is the fact that whether he was at the table or in the ring, he would have more control of his own words and character, which is ideal for a guy with the mic skills of Joe. And then, since I do see him wrestling again at some point, the potential AEW matchups do intrigue me a lot more. Mox, Kingston, Omega, Machine, PAC, Fenix all sound like gold to me. I'd be into him facing KOR, Reed and Thatcher in NXT but there aren't many "top level" guys there right now that I care to see him matched up with.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I think there's plenty of excellent potential matches for Joe in NXT. To add to your list I'd say Joe vs Pete Dunne, Joe vs Kushida, and Joe vs Santos Escobar could all be amazing and I also think that Joe and Kross could have an excellent feud and match. Also what about Joe vs Walter? Another amazing potential match.
    There's also matches he's already had that I'd love to see again, such as vs Ciampa, Balor (if he sticks around), Gargano.

Thread Information