Thread: FWA Podcast Episode #3: TheProdigy (Mike Parr)

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

FWA Podcast Episode #3: TheProdigy (Mike Parr)

One of the longest-tenured FWA members, TheProdigy, steps into the limelight for the third FWA podcast episode. Prod handles the Mike Parr character, nicknamed "The Prodigy", who is now headed to Back in Business XV in the main event against World Champion Saint Sulley and Carnal Contendership winner Michelle von Horrowitz.

The podcast discusses some of Mike Parr's early gimmicks and angles, the recent hot feud with Krash, and the MvH storyline. We also discuss early roots of e-fedding (at age 9!), how he came to the FWA, passion for writing, journalism dreams, moving from Toronto to Ireland and back, and much more.

Last edited by The Golden One; 05-09-2021 at 11:28 AM.

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    5x FWA Tag Team Champion

2020 North American Sports Poster Of The Year

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: FWA Podcast Episode #3: TheProdigy (Mike Parr)

**REPORTED** YOUTUBE DO YOUR THING
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

Great stuff, as always! I've definitely heard more from Prod in the past half year than ever before which is awesome because I definitely had zero impression of him before that.

The Kazadi/Parr stuff probably couldve been ridiculously fun if I'd been in a better spot, my apologies since I probably never gave it before, for fucking up that BIB angle for you. I think WOLF was probably supposed to get involved because of his mini arguments with Kaz and maybe he got forced into it to give you someone to face once I bailed, or maybe he was always meant to get involved to that specific match to add some spice to it.

Brand split wise, I think even if it did flop, the CC to BIB road has been a really nice structure with the mini-shows plus big combo shows. It's a smart alternative to dual brands. Im still excited for dual brands for sure, but the road to BIB has been a good way to work around the massive rosters.

Whole prodcast was great, even with only a single guy there. It was probably fitting of Prod because hes one of the most consistent members of FWA but also one of the most ambiguous/mysterious. Hearing about the last year progress was fun. Parr was already a near main eventer guy back in 16/17, and then to step it up & change his style, his RPs are a lot of fun to read. The Jumanji RP was definitely a case of he shouldn't have second guessed himself. Especially after CC, I think going fully through with the Jumanji no matter the length wouldve been big.

I cant wait to see what Prod/SS come up with for BIB

Anyways, cool podcast. Looking forward to the next one~

The Artist of Chaos

Status
      Country                    United States

I enjoyed listening to this one and hearing how even one of the best in FWA doubts themselves should give new guys inspiration. Prod history in writing makes total sense, and it's impressive that you've only used one character the whole time.

Credit to OMB

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Finally had the chance to give this a listen. Great work by you two! Loved this. Also, love Prod's accent!

Thanks for the kind words, Prod. Glad you enjoyed the CC promo! I can say 100% that I wouldn't have been able to write that when I came back last year. Working with TGO all this time has helped me tremendously, as has reading some more promos and getting ideas, etc.

Also, yes, Face DX Shawn Michaels was the biggest inspiration for Ramon.

It's an exciting time to be a part of FWA, and I can't wait until our paths cross!

Spoiler:

Underdog

Status

Was a pleasure to record, reflecting what everyone that has gone before me has already said in that TGO is a great host and makes the whole process easy. Anyone that is asked I couldn't recommend it strongly enough, was fun to look back and talk about it as it's something I never do haha. Thanks for anyone that reached out on here/PM/Discord appreciate the feedback and words!

An Original Name
    **REPORTED** YOUTUBE DO YOUR THING
    Save the reporting for the outtakes where I just blast you

Cuddlywhiskers
    Great stuff, as always! I've definitely heard more from Prod in the past half year than ever before which is awesome because I definitely had zero impression of him before that.

The Kazadi/Parr stuff probably couldve been ridiculously fun if I'd been in a better spot, my apologies since I probably never gave it before, for fucking up that BIB angle for you. I think WOLF was probably supposed to get involved because of his mini arguments with Kaz and maybe he got forced into it to give you someone to face once I bailed, or maybe he was always meant to get involved to that specific match to add some spice to it.

Brand split wise, I think even if it did flop, the CC to BIB road has been a really nice structure with the mini-shows plus big combo shows. It's a smart alternative to dual brands. Im still excited for dual brands for sure, but the road to BIB has been a good way to work around the massive rosters.

Whole prodcast was great, even with only a single guy there. It was probably fitting of Prod because hes one of the most consistent members of FWA but also one of the most ambiguous/mysterious. Hearing about the last year progress was fun. Parr was already a near main eventer guy back in 16/17, and then to step it up & change his style, his RPs are a lot of fun to read. The Jumanji RP was definitely a case of he shouldn't have second guessed himself. Especially after CC, I think going fully through with the Jumanji no matter the length wouldve been big.

I cant wait to see what Prod/SS come up with for BIB

Anyways, cool podcast. Looking forward to the next one~
    Appreciate it. The Kazadi/Parr stuff would be more fun today than before as I was nowhere near as invested or proactive - but fun nonetheless. It was a double kick that the build got wasted but then it was a last minute shuffle to WOLF. I mean the whole WOLF angle was like 6 years vs 18 months or something like that which would've been done with sufficient build but it was a last minute thing. I think everything just came together wrong at the time. I appreciate the thoughts and kind words on the pod, wasn't convinced on the single person one myself but at least i gave a reason for people to pan it if it sucked :P. The Jumanji thing for sure is a lesson.

Mr. Franchise
    I enjoyed listening to this one and hearing how even one of the best in FWA doubts themselves should give new guys inspiration. Prod history in writing makes total sense, and it's impressive that you've only used one character the whole time.
    Oh without question there's doubt, always doubt that a) my idea doesnt suck and b) ive executed it right. Appreciate you giving it a listen and for the thoughts!

Shawn
    Finally had the chance to give this a listen. Great work by you two! Loved this. Also, love Prod's accent!

Thanks for the kind words, Prod. Glad you enjoyed the CC promo! I can say 100% that I wouldn't have been able to write that when I came back last year. Working with TGO all this time has helped me tremendously, as has reading some more promos and getting ideas, etc.

Also, yes, Face DX Shawn Michaels was the biggest inspiration for Ramon.

It's an exciting time to be a part of FWA, and I can't wait until our paths cross!
    I listened back to bits of it and even I can admit my accent is messed up haha. Thanks for giving it a listen though! I loved the CC promo and yeah look forward to the day that happens. I think he tagged randomly back when I first joined but there's a decent story to be had whenever it's time to do it again all things going well!

Thread Information