Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 05/05/2021 - Blood And Guts

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 05/05/2021 - Blood And Guts

My two cents in the main: enjoyed it up until the last entrant into the match. Great brawl with a clear amount of hatred involved. Good shit.

Get what they were going for with the finish, but tbh I'm more bothered that by the time Sammy surrendered, there were at least 4 people out of the cage. Sorta hurts the gimmick IMO.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that a match in AEW was really fun and exciting... Until Chris Jericho got involved and everything went to shit >_<

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Underdog

Status

Loved the first half of Blood & Guts. The way everyone was hurling themselves into everything they were doing really portrayed the level of hatred between the two teams. Unfortunately the match did start to run out of steam once Jericho came in, plus it was hampered by the ad breaks and some pretty shocking camera work (which is an issue I’ve had with them from day 1 and it’s not showing any signs of improving). Shame really as it was tracking towards a MOTY at one point for me.

Quite enjoyed the Cody/QT match, don’t think the claret was intentional. Didn’t like Kenny’s promo as he came off as a bit of a geek and very unthreatening, and it pretty much telegraphs the result of the PAC/OC match. I liked the little Taz segment where he breaks down the technical aspects of certain moves. Looking forward to Miro annihilating Darby next week!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I didn't like QT Marshall vs Cody myself. It was supposed to be a heated affair between a frustrated lacky turned rival and someone who's mad at being betrayed but there was no feeling of dislike or hate between the two. It was heatless and bland. I'm glad they are transitioning into Cody and the other trainees though. QT was not up for this level.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Cody/QT was also filled with stupidity. The referee takes the belt from Cody, then just lets QT use it on him. Arn punches QT and slams him into stuff outside the ring in full view of the referee... Let's just get other refs out here to take Arn away because we're AEW! We don't do DQ finishes!

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

B L A C K - M A S S

Status
      Country                    United States

Once one guy has cheated, I think it's only fair that the other side gets away with something blatant without a DQ.

Though on a serious tip, I entirely agree that the QT/Cody match completely missed the mark of what it was supposed to be and probably should have gone down completely differently.

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Gilo View Post
    Loved the first half of Blood & Guts. The way everyone was hurling themselves into everything they were doing really portrayed the level of hatred between the two teams. Unfortunately the match did start to run out of steam once Jericho came in, plus it was hampered by the ad breaks and some pretty shocking camera work (which is an issue I’ve had with them from day 1 and it’s not showing any signs of improving). Shame really as it was tracking towards a MOTY at one point for me.
    I agree 100% with the camera work. Between the explosion and this, the camera has been in terrible positions both times. The explosion needed the camera to be closer so you could maybe disguise some of the Pyro with the smoke and it would have been more effective.

This one needed the camera to be Farther away to proper sell it as well as some actual reaction shots. There were 8 other people in that match. Comparisons to the Rikishi/Taker spot are there, same selling, very similar camera work. But the difference between the two spots is when Rikishi lands, you get a reaction shot from Austin and Rock who massively sell the spot like crazy. Staring at rikishi like “Oh, damn.”

The camera just stays on MJF and Jericho when Sammy would be a great person to cut to to get his immediate reaction. Also since the commentary team were mentioning his relationship to Jericho, Dean Malenko. WWE sometimes go overboard with their reaction spots, I will admit. But this spot kinda warranted a few instead of focusing on MJF stumbling around.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Some aspects of Cody/QT I liked. Although it didn’t feel quite like a heated rivalry that it developed from. Though I’m curious to see why Cody will do with Ogogo. It would be very cool if Cody maybe wears a plate or something so when Ogogo goes for the liver punch it damages his hand, thus eliminating a powerful tool in his arsenal.

I did love the NWA style War Games to the Blood and Guts as opposed to the NXT emphasis on big spots. It felt suited for this intense rivalry. And I’m happy the only huge spot was the coast to coast and Spanish Fly. I wasn’t particularly bothered with how the ending came off. I appreciate the intent and what they’re trying to do with character of MJF and Pinnacle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information