Thread: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - April 30, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

SD Live WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - April 30, 2021

WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN PREVIEW
    APRIL 30, 2021

ROMAN REIGNS AND DANIEL BRYAN PREPARE FOR HIGH-STAKES SHOWDOWN
    The Head of the Table makes the rules, and Daniel Bryan is ready to play the game.

Roman Reigns shrugged off Cesaro on SmackDown and laid out a Universal Title opportunity for The Leader of the “Yes!” Movement. The challenge came with one catch: If Bryan loses, he’ll be barred from SmackDown.

Bryan nearly pulled off another shocking WrestleMania moment in his storied career, but Reigns’ stack ‘em up spoiler proved true as the curtain closed on The Showcase of the Immortals.

Will Bryan defy the odds this time, as he battles Reigns for the Universal Title and his career?

Don’t miss the high-stakes showdown tonight at 8/7 C on FOX!

APOLLO CREWS SET FOR INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP REMATCH WITH BIG E
    Apollo Crews claimed the Intercontinental Championship, but Big E still has his eyes on recapturing his prize.

With the help of Commander Azeez, Crews emerged from the Nigerian Drum Fight at WrestleMania with the gold and began his reign with an opportunistic win over Kevin Owens. Big E took exception, as The Powerhouse of Positivity believed he was first in line for an Intercontinental Title rematch. Big E made those intentions clear with a backstage attack of Crews that paved the way for this Friday’s showdown.

Will Big E reclaim the gold, or has Crews’ reign only just begun?

Don’t miss the championship clash Tonight at 8/7 C on FOX!

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - April 30, 2021

Not a fan of Roman's new music, I think it's definitely a downgrade

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Not a fan of Roman's new music, I think it's definitely a downgrade
    I like it. It could take a while for people to adjust as he's had the Shield music his whole career, but it suits him a lot more.

Although what's up with that giant 3D image of him on the stage? Or is this another silly WWE thing I've been unaware of?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

It sorta reminds me of how Cody Rhodes' entrance is formulated with the mad choir prelude. I like it, it matches his current persona but wouldn't work if he was a face I don't feel.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

His new theme will have to be a grower. At the moment it does feel a downgrade on his old music.

Anyway - match fucking ruled. Best TV match of the year by a country mile. Maybe slightly down from their Fastlane match because of the commercial breaks, but they didn't bother me and for all the people wishing Roman would just win a match clean without Jey's help, you got your wish. Loved the targeted limb work by Bryan and Roman sold it tremendously. Big fan of the double ground and pound into powerbomb spots from Roman. Can't wait for the Cesaro match now - I legit think Roman is having the best WWE title run since Punk in 2012.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Status
      Country                    United States

I like Roman's new theme, at least better than his old one which was just Diet Shield anyway. The new era of WWE themes sucks hard and this one's hardly an all-timer but I think it's at least a step up from a C to a B.

Haven't seen the match, that's just what I have to chip in on the subject

"We did it. We fucking did it."

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WAKE UP

Status

Bryan vs Roman was really great. I am with Ed, the ad breaks broke up the 'flow' a tad and the Kevin Dunne camera work for those g&p elbows was nauseating, but this had a much better finish and conclusion than the PPV match. These two just match up so well together.

I am really cautious they may add Rollins to Roman vs Cesaro, but otherwise I am pumped for that match

Big E vs Crews was yet another very fun match between them with a cheap finish. Looks like a fatal fourway with Owens and Zayn at the PPV. These 2 pairings are getting pretty stale but it could be a fun match.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Roman has been in need of a theme change for a good six years imo, and while the new theme doesn’t strike me as a great one right away, I still think it’s an upgrade. Would definitely need tweaked when he turns face again, but that’s a fair bit away for the time being.

Enjoyed the show on the whole (though I skipped the first two matches) and the build throughout the night focusing on the main event did a great job in hyping the big fight feel on the show.

As for the match, the commercial break less than 90 seconds in was annoying for sure, but it’s to be expected, I guess. I never got around to watching the Fastlane match, so I can’t compare the two, but this one definitely met the expectations I had going in. Hopefully Bryan can avoid the slow death of being part of Raw and maybe even make a detour to the UK brand for a match with WALTER. Unlikely, but one can hope! With his contract up later in the year and the comments he’s made about how he felt at WrestleMania, I wonder if that may even be it for Bryan as a TV presence.

Spoiler:

BEING THE BOOKER

WAKE UP

Status

for those who aren't aware, WWE ended their relationship with CFO$ a while back, hence they they are giving basically everyone new themes
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Thread Information