Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: WWE Talent Releases 2021

Re: WWE Talent Releases 2021

Poor guy didn't even get a chance to wrestle once during his second run with the company.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

So 205 Live is dead now, right? No worries though, the Earth could implode and somehow Main Event will be around.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Much like Buddy Murphy, I'd rather see Breeze refrain from signing with any one company and instead opt to travel around the world, working for as many companies as possible and trying to prove himself. He's light enough to compete in NJPW's junior heavyweight division, PWG is about to start back up, the American indies desperately need some star power, Australia has been receiving some positive talk in recent years and just need a star to come in to draw more eyes, I imagine UK promotions will be bringing fans back soon, ect. Instead of trying to be just another guy in a company like AEW, now's a great time to try and be what Chris Hero was to the indies some years ago.
    Chris Hero was one of the best wrestlers of his generation, Tyler Breeze isn't You have a lot more faith in him than I do. It's a failure of WWE that they couldn't capitalize on what was a great act back in 2014-15 NXT, but Breeze as a wrestler also peaked then. I don't see him lighting up the indies.

Dango and Breeze were due a release, they were a really stale act going nowhere.

Surprised by the likes of Curt Stallion and Ever Rise. They barely had any time to make an impact in NXT/205 Live and couldn't have been on much money in the first place to gain much by cutting them. Seems like 205 Live

Big Damo is the guy I'm keeping an eye on, big guy that can go and we really haven't seen the best of yet. He could go back to the UK and be one of the bigger stars there for a Rev Pro for example, or if he wants to stay full time in the states with Nikki, Impact or the Indies are a good landing spot.

I'm sure Tony Nese will return to being a good hand on the indies.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

[be more kind]

Status

Not to jinx it, but I'm starting to wonder if Nick Khan knows NXT UK even exists. They've dodged a bullet with every one of these firing rounds

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Not to jinx it, but I'm starting to wonder if Nick Khan knows NXT UK even exists. They've dodged a bullet with every one of these firing rounds
    Supposedly, practically everyone there minus WALTER and maybe BSS, are on such small contracts that releasing all of them would barely put a dent on the books.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'm a few days late, sure me. Throwing some thoughts out.

Tony Nese - I think he's the only cruiserweight champion who never made it out of 205 Live, which... Kinda says it all, really. Great wrestler, just couldn't make a connection with any kind of audience, which is a shame. He'll land on his feet somewhere, I'm sure.
    Ariya Daivari - Killer theme music aside, the guy's really... not much. Like, better than his brother by a country mile, but he's... fine. Serviceable, I guess. I'm getting flashbacks to the only time he made a PPV card against Tony Nese and it was blehhhh.
    Breezango - Two consistent highlights of any show they were, but they were just never given the ball. Their NXT tag title reign, while delightful in the moment, was ultimately directionless, with zero stories or feuds because NXT is downright awful at booking babyface champions sometimes, before they dropped them to... Oney Lorcan and whatshisface. Bald guy. Oney's friend. And honestly, Breezango should've won the Smackdown tag titles back when Fashion Files was at it's peak. Super talented funny dudes who can land on their feet anywhere. I have my own hopes - Prince Pretty being 'The Exhalted One' for AEW's Wingmen - but they'll be great anywhere.
    Ever-Rise - The former 3.0 were funny fucks, and after like six years of toiling in developmental they just started some sort of story/reoccurring segment, they get canned. Weird as. They're connected to people in AEW, I wouldn't be surprised if they popped in even as Dark jobbers.
    Singh Brothers/Bollywood Boys - The only good parts of Jinder Mahal's disastrous main event push.
    Killian Dane - He'll land on his feet anywhere. Super surprising of a release, again, but he'll do fine, UK or US.
    Arturo Raus - I thought he offered a unique style in the few times he popped up. Hope he lands on his feed.
    Curt Stallion/Anthony Greene - Didn't watch enough of modern 205 Live to get a firm idea of them, but I imagine with them/Nese/Daivari out 205 Live in general will follow.
    Tino Sabbatelli - I didn't even know he re-signed. Wild.

At least we'll always have Fashion Files.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XHk-T-dgba6Dy9

Spoiler:

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Tony Nese - Excellent wrestler, charisma vacumn. Never connected with the audience but was always a servicable hand and a guaranteed solid-great match. I barely remember his cruiserweight championship reign though. could easily go back to Impact or land in AEW. He'll be fine wherever he goes to be fair.

Ariya Daivari - Another good hand in the ring but was never really given the chance with a story until it was already too late and 205 Live was already an afterthought for creative in terms of priority. Not sure where he's going to go from here but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Tyler Breeze - Will be a huge assett wherever he lands. WWe never capitalised on this guy when he was super over and Prince Pretty was in full flow back in 2014. Such a shame as he could have been a mainstay mid-carder on the main roster occupying a role similar to Dolph Ziggler. AEW would be wise to pick him up for sure.

Fandango - Saddled with a stupid gimmick but he made it his own and somehow got it over. He's a talented guy who was wasted really on this gimmick. Could easily go elsewhere and be hugely over despite his age.

Ever-Rise - Surprised they let them go just as they gave them an actual story to work with vs Hit Row. they're very talented and would be a great assett to the Impact tag team scene for sure.

Singh Brothers/Bollywood Boys - Very entertaining pair and another great addition to any tag team roster out there.

Killian Dane - Can't wait to see where he goes. Such a wasted talent. Amazing big man wrestler. Would love to see him in New Japan as he could be a true monster there.

Arturo Raus - Bit of an enigma this one, always saw him as a new Steve Blackman silent bad ass type. Always liked the look of him and his background as a legit martial artist. He's in his 40's though but could be a decent hand if given the chance somewhere.

Curt Stallion/Anthony Greene - Know little to nothing about these guys. Could easily be picked up by any company and become big stars as both are very young I believe.

Tino Sabbatelli - Wish they would have given him a chance in NXT. His team with Riddick Moss was entertaining and he had potential as a singles star I feel. Not sure what he'll do next.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information