​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 2021 Biggest Fall From Grace Ongoing Discussion

Hopefully this year won't be a worst human being contest.

Early nod for Orange Cassidy. Big breakout in AEW last year and arguably one if their most popular talents. But so far this year has been a supporting act in the Miro & Kip/Best Friends feud with most of his singles matches on Dark.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

OC wouldn't make it for me. Not sure he's in such an offensive spot or was in such a high spot to qualify. That said, given I only watch AEW, there's no one who really stands out for me. But maybe when someone mentions them I'll be inclined to agree.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Bayley going from a year long champion, to a comedy act not booked at Wrestlemania is one to keep an eye on. As is Keith Lee in the doghouse.

NJPW in general are on a big downswing, and I wouldn't be against voting for a Kota Ibushi who was double champion in January and went on to have a bad run with the title and I'm not sure he'll ever be given that spot on the card again.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

People may disagree but Johnny Gargano seems a bit disappointing to me. At one point he was Mr NXT and now I feel like there’s not really any direction for him, he doesn’t seem like a main player anymore. It’s not his skills, it’s just the way he’s been booked, I would say Ciampa suffers the same, what has his storyline been before the WALTER feud (which in itself was very thrown together).

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Bayley going from a year long champion, to a comedy act not booked at Wrestlemania is one to keep an eye on. As is Keith Lee in the doghouse.
    Counter argument - even at the peak of Bayley as champion, she was often relegated to being in an unimportant role on the big shows. How many times was she stuck working someone like Lacey Evans, Ember Moon, or a multi-women's match on a Big Four PPV? She may have not been booked to wrestle at Wrestlemania, but being involved in multiple segments, over the course of both shows, sounds way better than being involved in a five-way or something similar.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Counter argument - even at the peak of Bayley as champion, she was often relegated to being in an unimportant role on the big shows. How many times was she stuck working someone like Lacey Evans, Ember Moon, or a multi-women's match on a Big Four PPV? She may have not been booked to wrestle at Wrestlemania, but being involved in multiple segments, over the course of both shows, sounds way better than being involved in a five-way or something similar.
    Counter counter point - Sasha and Bayley were two of the most heavily used wrestlers in 2020, and their tag team and them spin off feud was one of the main angles of the year, regardless of not main eventing any PPVs, kinda like Orton/Christian.

I think Bayley would of rather wrestled and won a title match in the midcard at wrestlemania, than do talking segments with a racist and then get beaten up by the retired Bella twins.