Thread: Build. Destroy. Rebuild

Fight The Power

Status

Build. Destroy. Rebuild

Episode One - He's Our Guy

August 3rd, 2010. The Yokahama Arena, Yokohama Japan. The arena is jam-packed for this evenings main event at Dynasty Japan Pro Wrestling's highly anticipated pay-per-view, Kingdom of Power XIII. A young, sweaty Chris Kennedy sits in the corner of the ring, desperately trying to catch his breath as his opponent, Yoji Shinkawa, is doing the same in the opposite corner. 22 minutes into this match and both men have everything to lose. Chris Kennedy, the fresh-faced 23 year old gaijin, is 11 months into his DJPW World Heavyweight Championship reign and everyone keeps telling him that Yoji Shinkawa is the man to finally end it. Kennedy and Shinkawa both use the ring ropes in their respective corners to pull themselves up, almost in unison with each other. The audience begins to clap rhythmically, though it isn’t clear for whom. Both men meet in the center of the ring. Kennedy attempts to lock up with Shinkawa but Shinkawa pushes Kennedy's arms away and hits Kennedy with a big headbutt which sends Kennedy back a few steps.

"Fuck" Kennedy immediately thinks. That one connected to the bridge of his nose, the world around him loses it's color for a moment, and all the sound is muted for him. He wants to buckle to his knees and collect himself, but there is no time for that. On wobbly knees he stands tall and as Shinkawa comes in for the kill, Kennedy hits a dropkick that sends Shinkawa into the ropes and follows it up with a lariat which puts Shinkawa on his ass and earns a nice pop from the crowd. Kennedy takes advantage latches Shinkawa into the Money Clip submission hold and Shinkawa screams out in sheer agony. Kennedy wants to end this, here and now, and as far as he's concerned Shinkawa is going to tap or snap. Seconds pass, Ten, Twenty, Thirty. Those thirty seconds feel like a lifetime to Shinkawa but finally, Shinkawa gets to his feet, flips through and hits another headbutt to Kennedy to break.

"Not again" Kennedy thinks. Same spot as before, surely his nose is broken now. Shinkawa hits a running lariat with the crowd behind him, cheering him on, and Kennedy hits the mat like a bag of wet sand. Shinkawa drops for the cover. One...Two...No, Chris. Remember what you are fighting for. Remember what being the Best In The World means to you. Not now. Not like this.

KENNEDY KICKS OUT! The crowd goes nuts. Even though every sound up to this point has been muffled for him, Kennedy hears the crowd pop loud and clear. Shinkawa is fired up, and he grabs Kennedy by the hair to lift him off his feet, smacking him in the head a few times on the way up. It has to be over now, it just has to be. Double-Armed DDT on Kennedy. Then it's the damndest thing, as Kennedy's face hits the mat, he doesn't feel it at all. There's no pain, it's almost as if his body and brain are working together to shut down his pain receptors. Maybe he's just in shock, after all what these men have gone through for the last 25 minutes is enough to traumatize them on both a physical and psychological level.

Shinkawa goes to the top rope, signaling for his finisher, The Shooting Star Press. Once again time begins to move in slow motion, and Kennedy plays possum just long enough for him to launch off the turnbuckle BEFORE HITTING SHINKAWA WITH THE BITTERSWEET CHIN SYMPHONY mid-air! "The Superkick From Hell" as it's often called immediately turns the lights out in Shinkawas "apartment building" and his eyes become blank and devoid of life before he even hits the ground. Kennedy drops to cover him.

One.

"How the fuck did I pull this off?"

Two.

"Should have never doubted myself.

Three.

"I am the best in the world."

Your winner and STILL DJPW World Heavyweight Champion, CHRIS KENNEDY. Kennedy hastily takes his championship belt from the ref before having his arm raised in victory. In the crowd, watching the action intently, is none other than the FWA owner and CEO, Matthew Robinson, accompanied by his associate Lucy Pinder. Robinson nods approvingly as Pinder jots down notes on her clipboard.

"It's time" Matthew Robinson says to Pinder.

"He's our guy"

October 12th, 2020. As he lays shirtless in his living room recliner, a beer in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other, it is immediately noticeable that Kennedy looks quite different. No longer the eager young fresh-faced upstart, Kennedy's face is rougher, more grizzled, and despite being only 34 years of age, there are several strands of greys among his mostly dark brown locks of hair. The only light in the room is coming from the television which is taunting Kennedy with the FWA Anniversary Show from a few days ago, but it's providing enough illuminance to show that Kennedy is visibly scowling as he watches the match

Sullivan has the kimura locked in tight. That Steel Curtain. The same move he broke Dominik Armistead's arm with a little over a year ago. Kennedy is trying to break free...it looks like he's going to do it. The crowd cheers him on...

"Kennedy!"

"Kennedy!"

Kennedy is doing it...he's breaking loose, he's getting ou-NO!

NO! SULLIVAN HAS REPOSITIONED! Sullivan has now locked in the hold even tighter.

He's got no choice....

Kennedy TAPS! Chris Kennedy taps his hand on the mat, and the referee signals for the bell!
    Kennedy grabs the remote and shuts the TV off, tossing it away towards the floor before sitting in silence. Now the only light in the room is the light from Kennedy's lit cigarette, and he takes a big long pull before pulling his phone from his pocket. He opens up his voicemails, looking for one in particular.

The first voicemail is from several weeks back. "Hello Mr. Chris Kennedy, we're sorry we were unable to reach you but we've been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty. If you could please return our call at--" Kennedy presses the button on his phone and skips to the next one in queue.

"Hey Chris, it's Daniella, was really hoping to see you at my birthday party but as per usual you're a ghost. Please call me back to let me know you're alive" Kennedy again skips to the next message, cutting this one short.

"Chris Baby, it's Rod Sterling, your favorite agent. Well, your only agent, I hope. Look, FWA management contacted me about the anniversary show coming up. Look, I get it, I know you said you were done with FWA but it's a pretty sweet deal they are offering. One time gig against Dave Sullivan. Come in for one show, no fuss, nothing. They even have a staff of writers who are going to write your promos and segments for you so you literally have to do nothing but come in and make Sullivan look good. Now I know you're not going to like this last bit, but I definitely think you should mention the fact that your cancer came back and you beat it again. I know, I know, you said it's nobodies business and you didn't want to make a thing about but just think about what that would do for your public profile. Let me know, call me back." Kennedy lets the message play to the end, beginning to visibly seethe with anger. Next message.

"Chris, it's Rod again. Glad we could work something out with that FWA deal but I really think you're wasting a ton of money and good publicity by refusing to mention the cancer thing, but I get it. Can't wait to see you back. Oh another thing, the FWA brass mentioned to me that this doesn't have to be a one-time thing if you are feeling the itch to --" Kennedy skips the rest of the message, deciding he'd heard enough of Rod's voice.

"Chris Kennedy. It's Yoji Shinkawa. Long time no speak, was hoping to get a hold of you but I understand you aren't easy to reach since you've become a recluse. In any case I hope this message finds you well. I am sure by now you've heard that since retiring I've become the head booker for Dynasty Japan. It was interesting to learn that after rejecting our previous offer to sign you to Dynasty Japan, you've accepted a one-time return to FWA. It was my understanding that you had accomplished all there was to accomplish in the FWA and your "passion" was gone. When you are done dicking around there, you'll know where to reach me, you have my number. Talk to you soon, I hope" Kennedy briefly chuckles to himself before taking another swig of beer and moving on to the next message, this one from his daughter, Carmella.

"Hi Daddy, I just watched your match at the The Anniversary Show. I'm really sorry you lost! Mommy is too, but she doesn't think you are? She said your heart wasn't in it and it showed. I told her that couldn't be true because you always told me that you should try your best at anything you do, and so I know you had to have tried really REALLY hard right? Don't be hard on yourself, Daddy. I love you!"

Kennedy puts the phone down and his daughters words weigh his heart down like an anchor cast off-ship. He feels low, and ashamed. He didn't try his hardest, and he knows that. He came in for his paycheck, preassured into a match he didn't want to be a part of in the first place. Not because he was scared he couldn't defeat Sullivan, he had defeated Sullivan before, this wasn't some insurmountable obstacle for him, he knows why he didn't want to do the anniversary show. Shinkawa was right, Kennedy had lost his passion, accomplished everything and felt as if he had nothing left to prove. But after listening to his daughters words, Kennedy is reminded of what he said to himself in that DJPW world title match against Shinkawa all those years back: Remember what you're fighting for. Kennedy wishes he'd come to this conclusion before the match with Dave Sullivan, but there was no point in dwelling on the past. He could only look to the future.

Kennedy rises from his recliner and turns the lights on in his living room. The bags under his dark eyes and his unshaven face are more visible now, and his eyes look bloodshot, as if he'd just finished crying it out. He makes his way from the living room to his private study where he sits down in front of the computer. In his Google search bar, he types "Plane tickets from Tampa, Florida to Yokohama, Japan" before dialing Yoji Shinkawa's phone number. Yoji picks up on the 3rd ring.

"Holy shit, am I dreaming right now? Have to be, this can't really be The Astonishing Chris Kennedy ringing my line" Yoji asks with a tinge of excitement and a suprise.

"The one and only, dickhead. Say, Yoji... What's the weather like in Yokohama right now?"

To be continued in Episode Two...

Last edited by Jiggy; 04-13-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Build. Destroy. Rebuild

Ain’t sure what exactly this is leading to (I’d selfishly want a CK return and drafted to whatever brand I end up on lol) but if this is going to be career retrospective or a side project about CK on DJPW in 2021, I’m crazy down too.

looks like SPJ ain’t the only major Japanese company in the universe, really interested in seeing more about this.

3X World Tag Team Champion (w/Christian Quinn, w/Randy Ramon & w/Ryan Rondo)
    1X Gauntlet Champion

JOIN THE FWA!

Fight The Power

Status

Episode Two - Homecoming

September 4th, 2010. With his nerves on fire, Chris Kennedy paces frantically around the gorilla press area backstage, mere minutes before his FWA Fight Night debut. This is America's introduction to Chris Kennedy, and he knew the color commentators wouldn't mention his untelevised dark match with some no-name jobber last week, nor would they mention his time in Japan or his time in Mexico. He was positive that they'd mention his father, two time World Champion Kerry Kennedy, which they later would. Kennedy knew this was his opportunity to make an impact, and what bigger impact than being in the main event against FWA Champion Rocky Creed during his debut match? Kennedy knows the stakes all too well. As the butterflies in Kennedy's stomach begin to flutter out-of-control, he whispers to himself "Best in The World" and it's almost if the butterflies have heard him and said "Oh yeah, that's right. How could we forget" before a wave of calm washes over Kennedy's face.

In the distance, FWA owner and CEO Matthew Robinson watches him intently, arms crossed with a smirk. Lucy Pinder, trusty clipboard in hand, stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Robinson, and doesn't seem to be as amused as Robinson does.

"His debut Fight Night match, and you have this young main in the main event? Against the FWA Champion? This will make-or-break him, Mr. Robinson." Lucy says

"Oh, I know it. Care to wager which one it will be, Ms. Pinder?"

In the ring, FWA Champion Rocky Creed stands dead-center, championship belt around his shoulder, microphone in hand, finishing up his in-ring promo to lackluster fanfare. The audience isn't behind Rocky Creed, and if the internet dirt sheets are any indciation, FWA management isn't too high on him either.

"So tell me why" Rocky Creed asks the crowd, 5 minutes into his snoozefest of a promo.

"Tell me why I am carrying this belt, and the best that the FWA powers-that-be can offer me is some rookie that no one has ever heard of? It makes no difference. I'll beat this little twerp, and I'll beat everyone else they throw at me. Then, come Mile High, I will defend this title with everything I have, because I am YOUR FWA Champion, and I will always--"

Rocky Creed is then interupted by the sound of Chris Kennedy's entrance music. Rather than the sound of violins queing up ?Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve, as Kennedy would be known for throughout the majority of his career, we are treated to "My Own Summer" by The Deftones and out walks Chris Kennedy in his white leather jacket that he's retired so long ago, microphone in his hand and a smirk on his face. Internet savy fans in the crowd who already knew who he was chant his name as they've been anticipating this moment since the news broke of Kennedy signing with the FWA. Kennedy doesn't speak as he makes his way down the ramp, letting his theme music carry him into the ring. He enters through the the ropes and waits for his music to fade out. The two stand still, measuring each other.

"Sounds to me like they already know who I am" Kennedy says to a pop. The face/heel dynamic seems to go by the wayside as the heel Kennedy starts to build some momentum with just one sentence.

"But since you admitedly don't know who I am, allow me to introduce myself. My name is The Astonishing Chris Kennedy. You want to know why I'm facing you tonight, Rocky? I'll be happy to educate you. For almost two years, there was one man who stood out as the clear face of the FWA. For 656 days, "The Idol" Matt Boudreau held the FWA Championship and was "The Guy" without question. Even with Stu St.Clair stinking up the joint on the blue brand, there was never any question about who was the top dog in this kennel called the FWA. No one could beat Matt Boudeau for that belt you're carrying, and when he peaced-out from this godforsaken planet, that belt was vacated. You didn't beat the dude. I mean, I would have, easily, but that's the not the point. The point is, that in the post-Matt Boudreau FWA, you were supposed to be the new "guy" but I hear you out here cutting this promo, I hear you saying a lot of empty words and empty promises but do you know what I don't hear?"

Kennedy points at the crowd

"I don't hear THEM. Now I could care less what these piss-ant fans think of you or what they think of me, but the fact that no body in this building believes you are worthy of holding that championship speaks VOLUMES. I know that beating you tonight won't get me a title shot at Mile High, that match is already booked. But beating the FWA Champion on my Fight Night debut? Brother, I do that and there is no question about who the new "top dog" is around here. It will be ME, The Astonishing Chris Kennedy, even if this is a non-title match. I got big plans here, Rocky. I come here, I see a bunch of small fish, and I have to ask what, what are a bunch of guppies to the goddamned Shark from Jaws. Another thing..." Kennedy says before being interrupted by a clothesline courtesy of Rocky Creed.

The referee rings the bell and our match is under way. Rocky Creed begins stomping away at the downed rookie, stomp after stomp after stomp before opting to pick Kennedy up by his hair. He sets Kennedy up for a Falcon Arrow but Kennedy reverses, sliding down the back of the FWA Champion and pushing him into the ropes. Creed bounces off the ropes and ducks to avoid a clothesline from Kennedy. The two lock up but Kennedy pushes Creed away. They lock up again and once again, Kennedy pushes Creed. However this time, Creed lets go and catches Kennedy with a Headlock Takedown. He tries to hold Kennedy down but the rookie manages to use one of his legs to reach and pull on Creeds chin to release himself. Creed stands up while Kennedy sits leading to a big kick right to the chest of Kennedy and bouncing his head off the canvas. Kennedy has his head clutched in pain as he sits back up. Creed doesn’t let up and goes behind Kennedy and follows it up with a kick to his back. Kennedy cringes in pain and drops to his side on the canvas. Creed places his back flat on the canvas and goes for a cover One...Two...Kennedy just throws him right off and gets back up, holding his back. Creed seems caught off guard by this and then charges in with a Clothesline but Kennedy counters by grabbing Creed's arm and bringing him to the mat with a money clip submission. Kennedy locks the hold tightly and Rocky Creed's face shows a level of anguish unseen until this moment.

It seems as if Creed is about to tap, but he manages to get his foot on the nearby rope causing the referee to step in an attempt to break the hold.

"Let him go Kennedy"

"NO I WILL NOT"

"One...two...Kennedy let him out now"

"I HAVE UNTIL THE COUNT OF FIVE, IDIOT"

"Three...Four..."

Kennedy breaks the hold and struts around the ring, arogantly, as the rookie is showered with an even mix of cheers and boos. Kennedy sizes Rocky Creed up and waits for Creed to pull himself up with the ropes. Creed gets back to his feet but upon turning around he IMMEDIATELY eats a Bittersweet Chin Symphony courtesy of Chris Kennedy. The rookie drops to pin the FWA Champion.

One...

The lights are so bright, the crowd becomes the soundtrack to his destiny.

Two...

For a moment, Kennedy feels like he can see his future.

Three.

Your winner, the future FIVE TIME world champion, Chris Kennedy. Kennedy can't hear what the ringside commentators, Piers Gallagher and Langdon Trafford, are saying, but he can see them jumping out of their seats in a frenzy. To them and everyone else watching, Kennedy has done the unthinkable. But to Kennedy, it wasn't so unthinkable it all. He did exactly what he said he was going to do.

October 14th, 2020. Yokohama, Japan. Chris Kennedy steps off the plane, aviator shades on his face and his duffle bag over his shoulder. We walks through the tarmac and into the terminal where he sees his old friend and former rival, Yoji Shinkawa. Yoji is holding a sign but it doesn't say "Kennedy", it says "Has Been" and Shinkawa is grinning from ear to ear. Kennedy gets a good chuckle out of it before the two shake hands, with Shinkawa pulling Kennedy in for a hug.

"Imagine being called a has-been by a Never-Was" Kennedy says mid-hug.

"Yeah yeah" Shinkawa says as they pull apart.

"How was your flight?" Shinkawa asks.

"Irritating, you should have bought my ticket if you want to sign me so bad. You're not good at the whole wine-and-dine thing, Yoji" Kennedy replies

"Chris, you and I both know there is no courting required. You wouldn't be here if your mind wasn't made up already." Yoji says.

"You know me well, bud. You also know that I'm a big game hunter and I have my sights set on the world title, so let's talk about what you have planned for me." Kennedy asks

"Chris, have you forgotten that in Japan we talk business over dinner? Come on, that Ramen place you used to like is now a steak house" Yoji replies.

"Whatever, I'm starving, I'd eat a horse's ass right now." Kennedy says as they walk off.

Kennedy wasn't lying though, for the first time in a long time, Chris Kennedy was hungry.

To be continued in Episode Three...

Last edited by Jiggy; 04-13-2021 at 10:51 PM.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Allo' Allo' Allo' What's all this then?

I have no idea where this is going, but it's beautifully written and intriguing to read.

Nice to see you about.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Loving it so far.

Fight The Power

Status

*Special thanks to Shake, Jon and Wolf for allowing me to use their characters in this episode

Episode Three - GAIJIN

The following is an excerpt taken from Shake Meltzer's latest newsletter:

December 8th, 2020

It seems like in the world of pro-wrestling, at least outside the FWA anyway, all the buzz is currently on the fallout from the Dynasty Japan Pro-Wrestling Triple-Crown Summit, and more specifically, on Chris Kennedy who has returned to the promotion after an 11 year hiatus which included a lengthy stint in the FWA where he became a 5 time world champion. Kennedy returned to DJPW in October as a surprise entrant in the Triple-Crown Summit where he would end up winning the A block, finishing with 14 points, defeating Isao Ōishi, Kenichi Iwao, longtime rival WOLF, Takahiro Arimitsu, Tokuro Fujiwara, Masami Ueda, and DJPW Heavyweight Champion Shinji Mikami. His only two losses came from FWA alumni Jonathan Snowmantashi at the Triple-Crown Climax and Makoto Tomozawa. He went on the defeat the winner of the B Block, former FWA Young Lions champion Juan Lopez, in the finals to win the tournament. This has since resulted in a rematch between Kennedy and DJPW Heavyweight Champion Shinji Mikami at Shōri Genesis in Tokyo, this time for the championship.

With the first match between Chris Kennedy and Shinji Mikami being highly regarded as not just the best match in the tournament, but the possibly the best match of the year in any promotion, there are a lot of eyes on this match. One would think that because Kennedy already defeated Mikami, he'd be a sure bet to win the championship, however insiders from Mikami's camp have stated that Mikami underestimated the seasoned Gaijin in the first bout and has been re-watching the tape and training extensively, so it will be very interesting to see how the rematch goes down.

Shōri Genesis, The Tokyo Dome. Kennedy watches from backstage as the the DJPW Champion makes his way down the ramp towards the ring. He takes one final drag from his cigarette before putting it out on the top of his empty Red Bull he had just finished moments ago. He takes a deep breath before wiping the sweat from his brow.

"Tonight is the night. Match hasn't even started yet and you're sweating bullets" says DJPW head booker Yoji Shinkawa, walking up from behind Kennedy.

"I'm fine" Kennedy says, without turning around to acknowledge Shinkawa

"We'll see. Either way, I'm happy to have you back, Chris, and win or lose I think you should be proud of the work you've done since returning to Dynasty Japan."

"Win or lose, you should be proud. Heh. You know, that's something you say to the underdog."

"Yes"

"And I've beaten this guy already"

"Yes"

"And you're giving me a pep talk as if I've already lost."

"Not at all. I just want you to know that your hard work is noted regardless of the outcome of this match"

"See, that's not something I'm used to. The whole Win-or-Lose speech. In FWA, I didn't get that. It was always a given that I would win, it was always the other guy that got the Win-or-Lose speech. That's why I came back here, Yoji. Ever since that loss to Dave Sullivan in FWA, my stock in the world of pro-wrestling has declined."

"I'm not sure it has, Chris"

"No, I am. I'm sure. And it would have been real easy for me to just come back to the FWA and ask the fans and management to accept that it was a one-off, but there would still be a cloud of doubt hanging over me. This. I needed this. I needed to start back from the bottom and build myself up, rather than just show up in FWA and pretend like nothing ever happened."

"This is not the bottom, this is the biggest promotion in Japan but of course only an American would be arrogant enough to think that anything outside of their own tiny world was the minor leagues."

"That's not what I meant"

"I know. I'm giving you a hard time."

"My point is, that after tonight, I expect to stop hearing that shit. I expect to be done with the Win-or-Lose speeches, the pep talks, the internet asking if I've still got it, the fans forgetting what my name means. I am going to go out there and win the championship, Yoji. And when I do, it's going to be a whole new day for me, the start of something big. I can feel it. Can you?"

"I think I do, old friend."

Kennedy's theme song hits the arenas PA System, signaling that it's the challengers turn to make his way out.

"Yeah, you do." Kennedy says before patting Yoji on the shoulder.

Kennedy makes his way through the curtains to a huge pop from the crowd and he takes it in. Yoji was right, win or lose Kennedy should be proud of himself, but losing isn't an option. Going forward, it will never be an option.

Kennedy struts down the ramp, locking eyes with the champion. It's clear that there is no love lost between these two and both men know that a fucking war is about to go down in the middle of the Tokyo dome. Kennedy slides into the ring and smirks at his opponent, who would have Kennedy dead on the spot if looks could kill.

Ring Announcer: 次の試合は1秋に予定されており、世界ヘビー級王座を対象としています。まず、挑戦者はフロリダ州タンパから出て行きます。CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIS KENNEDY!

そしてチャンピオンは、日本の大阪からやって来ました。Shinjiiiiiiii Mikamiiiiiii

The champion hands his belt to the time keeper and our championship match is underway. Mikami charges across the ring, trying to take a wild swing at his adversary but Kennedy see's it coming. Kennedy dodges the Clothesline, slipping behind Mikami and stops. Mikami does so too and turns around. Running into an unexpected elbow to the face from the Astonishing Chris Kennedy. Mikami drops and is held up by the ring ropes, clutching his cheek in shock from the blow. Rather than jumping in again in frustration, Mikami instead takes Kennedy down with a Headlock, holding him down against the canvas but Kennedy doesn't stay down for long. Kennedy uses his legs and scissors them around Mikami's head and uses them to pull himself out of the hold. Mikami's head is stuck and held between Kennedy' legs in a rather odd position, but not for long as Mikami pulls himself out of the hold. He tries another Clothesline but yet again, Kennedy ducks out of the way. Mikami bounces against the ropes and Kennedy looks to vary his offense a bit. He tries a Swinging Neckbreaker but Mikami pushes him away. Now it's Kennedy who finds himself bouncing off the ropes and as soon as he does, Mikami decks him across the neck with a Clothesline. Kennedy couldn't even see it coming as he flies over the top rope and on to ringside.

Kennedy crumples on to the ringside floor face down. Mikami goes after him outside and tosses Kennedy hard against the ringside barricade, bouncing him off hard with Kennedy leaving him feet and almost flying over into the crowd. Mikami taunts the crowd while pointing to Kennedy mockingly. Kennedy tries to fight back but takes a right hook to the cheek. A receipt for the elbow strike earlier that sends Kennedy staggering around the ringside area. He stumbles over the ringside steps as Mikami pursues him. Seeing a small opportunity, the vulnerable Kennedy kicks the same steps he tripped over against Mikami, surprising him and knocking him over them. Kennedy chops Mikami repeatedly, managing to fend him off. He hits a big European Uppercut before sending Mikami back into the ring and Kennedy himself returning. Before Mikami can realize what's going on, Kennedy sends him into the corner and hits him with a a big chest chop. Similar to before, Mikami almost flips over the turnbuckle, just barely avoiding a nasty fall. He does improvise however and backflips onto the ring apron. Kennedy seems a bit surprised by that odd display of athleticism. Hoping to end the match here and now, Kennedy goes for a Bittersweet Chin Symphony superkick but Mikami ducks it. Kennedy uses the ropes to avoid taking a nasty fall, holding onto them but as he manages to land on his feet, Mikami grabs him and snaps his neck on the ropes. Kennedy whiplashes off the ropes. Mikami doesn't waste any time and gets back into the ring and hits a Swinging Neckbreaker to Kennedy, adding more damage to the neck right after it was whipped off the ropes. Mikami doesn't waste any time. After Kennedy' head gets slammed against the canvas, Mikami goes right for the cover, hooking the leg as the referee drops to count it. One...Two...Th-- But Kennedy kicks out almost instinctual as his eyes seemed closed as the cover was made.

Kennedy rolls over to his stomach. Trying to get his bearings about what's going on but Mikami is not letting up. He see's Kennedy is hurt and begins to stomp on him repeatedly. Arms, legs, knees, but most of all, the neck. Mikami seems to stop just to deliberately stomp on the neck. Kennedy tries his best to cover up and avoid punishment but it's not much cover to use your hands. He doesn't stop trying to get back to his feet though, doing his best despite the stomps. Kennedy catches one of Mikami's plain black boots and pushes him away. Taking advantage of the small window of opportunity, Kennedy gets back to his feet. Mikami tries an Enzuigiri but Kennedy once again ducks to avoid it, leaving the World Champion falling flat on his face against the ring canvas. Mikami does his best to keep his wits about him and tries to get back up fast but Kennedy is prepared and catches him with a Sleeper Hold, looking to stop Mikami cold. Kennedy cranks on the hold and puts his body weight on Mikami Black's back, looking to do anything he can to slow down his rival. He tries to go for the ropes but the weight of carrying a the gaijin Chris Kennedy proves to be too much and Mikami is unable to reach them. Mikami calms himself down and finds the opening to get out of the hold. He sidesteps and drives Kennedy down with a Russian Legsweep. Once again, Mikami hits Kennedy's neck and its clear the damage is starting to weigh as Kennedy cradles and holds said back neck while laying on the canvas. Mikami is more steady in his attack now. Instead of stomps, he places his foot on Kennedy' back. He then uses both his hands to pull on Kennedy's head, bending said neck in an awkward position. The referee makes sure to check there is no eye gouging, hair pulling or choking involved with the hold. Eventually, Mikami releases and Kennedy's head sprints forward and bounces off the mat violently. Mikami goes for the cover. One...Two... But Kennedy kicks out.

Mikami continues to work on the neck with various holds. Kennedy tries to fight back and manages to toss Mikami over with an Armdrag. He follows it up with a kick right to the cheek. The same one that got elbow'd earlier and it's almost like Mikami can feel an extra sting by remembering that. Kennedy still doesn't stop though and leaps upward with his legs stretched out and tosses Mikami over with a Huracanrana. Not wasting time, Kennedy goes to the apron. He clutches his neck as he grabs the turnbuckle and begins to climb it slowly. Mikami is left dizzy after the Huracanrana but still tries to catch his bearings. Too late though as Kennedy is on the top of the ropes and leaps off, taking aim and hitting a Flying Clothesline, surprising Mikami. Right away, Kennedy The Bittersweet Chin Symphony again but Mikami sees it coming and avoids it yet again. Not skipping a beat, Mikami places Kennedy on his shoulders, looking for his own finisher, the F5 but Kennedy gets out of it. He grabs Mikami's ankle and pulls on it to knock him down. Kennedy attempts to crank the Ankle Lock but decides to transisiton it into his submission finisher, The Money Clip, but right away Black reaches forward and grabs the ropes to get out of the hold. Both men spring to their feet and Mikami whips Kennedy across the ring and into corner. Mikami charges in for the spear but Kennedy leaps over the ropes and to the apron and Mikami has no time to change the course of his direction, but enough time to stop himself in his track. Kennedy foolishly takes a second and stops to grab his pained neck. Not to wait, Mikami knocks Kennedy off the apron and leads to Kennedy hitting the barricade, adding more damage to the neck. Mikami quickly goes after him and tosses him back into the ring. Mikami tries to go for the same Swinging Neckbreaker that worked earlier but Kennedy see's it coming. He counters it and attempts a Northern Lights Suplex but Mikami puts on the breaks. He hits Kennedy in the back and follows it up with an STO.

Not letting up, Mikami goes for the cover, hooks the leg and also presses the shoulders. One...Two...-But once again Kennedy kicks out as Mikami argues with referee Kenzo Tsujimoto, grabbing him by the collar, but ultimately giving up the argument to avoid a Disqualification. Instead he sends Kennedy to the corner and forces him up, placing his legs on the outside as Mikami climbs after his would-be prey. He measures, placing Kennedy' arm over him for a Superplex but before Mikami can follow through, Kennedy fights back with a series of body blows. Blowing the air right out of Mikami's lungs, he has no choice but to stop to alleviate the pain. But doing so give Kennedy an opening. He grabs Mikami and off the top rope, he grabs both sides of Mikami's head and proceeds to leap, hitting a massive Swinging Neckbreaker of his own as both bodies slam down back first across the canvas. The impact so big both men bounce several times off the canvas. The crowd is amazed by the seemingly out of nowhere maneuver and cheer both men on.

As both men seem to be down and out, it takes a while before either one can follow up after the devastating blow. Using every ounce of their willpower to pull themselves back up which they both manage to do at once. They may be up, but they stand on spaghetti legs. Kennedy takes a wild swing. “Yay!!” the crowd cheers. Then Mikami responds with a swing of his own. “Boo!” the fans boo. Kennedy retaliates. Then Mikami. Back and forth they go as each blow seems to do more to wake them up rather than slow them down. The intensity of each blow increases. The ferocity in their eyes grows. But suddenly Mikami changes up. He sticks his hand out and grabs Kennedy' face and proceeds to rake his eyes. Referee Kenzo Tsujimoto scolds Mikami for his illegal tactics as the World Champion feigns an apology. He headlocks Kennedy, pulling him to just the perfect angle. A leg goes in between Kennedy' own legs, hitting him between them and below the belt. All done from the perfect point of view that doesn't let Referee Kenzo Tsujimoto see what just happened. Kennedy collapses. Once again with pain in the crotch.

Mikami catches his breath for a bit, knowing Kennedy is gonna have a harder time doing the same. He yells at him and mocks him. His anger once again boiling over. Referee Keith Morse is none the wiser about what happened. Not really asking himself why Kennedy fell down grabbing his crotch. He sees too many weird things as it is. Mikami sends Kennedy into the corner where he beings his 12 Step Programme. Ten mounted punches followed by a kick and a Monkey Flip as the pained Kennedy flies overhead and falls back first on the ring canvas. Pain to the back. Pain on his neck. And pain down under. The match is taking a great toll on the Hall Of Famer as Mikami pursues. He pulls him to his feet and Kennedy manages to kick him in the gut, stopping him for a second, giving Kennedy just enough time to once again try the Tit Drop but to no avail. Mikami once again sends him to the corner. His main moves tending to favor that part of the ring. Mikami measures Kennedy there and gathers speed by dashing across the ring for Getting Of The Wagon but just seconds before impact, Kennedy falls down and Mikami crashes and burns. His sternum hitting the top turnbuckle, Mikami drops to one knee and sees Kennedy on the floor. It seems all the punishment has led to Kennedy simply collapsing so Mikami decides to try again. He places Kennedy on the corner. This time he wraps the arms around the ropes to secure him. Mikami now grabs his chest in pain as he makes the rather slow walk across the ring. Once again he measures and runs across but this time Kennedy stops feigning. As he did earlier, he leaps for a Huracanrana. This time using the ropes to aid him and uses the move to launch Mikami face first against the corner. Both men stagger in pain and end up bumping into each other. Just like earlier, they exchange blows. The crowd cheers for Kennedy while they boo Mikami. Unlike before, they do not become more motivated with each blow. They stay the same pace. As if each hit is their last and they will fall but they just barely manage to hold on. Mikami musters a small burst of energy and hoists Kennedy onto his shoulders for the F5. But yet again, Kennedy gets out of it, slipping behind him. As soon as he does, Mikami sees the perfect chance. Once again he extends the leg. He goes for yet another low blow. But this time…… Kennedy sees it coming. Kennedy hits a series of chops. He hits a pair of Knife-Edge Chops and a Spinning Wheel Kick as Mikami is reeling. But he doesn't let up. He manages to surprise Kennedy with an Enzuigiri. Right on the bad neck of Kennedy who falls to one knee. All Kennedy does is hold his neck as he gets back up perfectly steady while inaudibly talking shit to Mikami. As well as angry. Mikami almost seems in shock, incapable of moving. But then suddenly, Kennedy once again drops to one knee. The tough guy facade cracks and Mikami laughs before deciding to go for another Enzuigiri. But yet again, he misses. He can't believe it. He faceplants against the canvas again and just like that, Kennedy surprises him with a kick to the face!! Kennedy wastes no time making the cover. One...Two...Thr...But in the very last possible split-second, Mikami kicks out. Both men are exhausted. They lay on the canvas. Kennedy seems to be out of ideas. Kennedy stands right back up and hits a second kick to Mikami's face! But this time, no cover, he buckles to the mat and lays on his back, staring at the house lights.

As Kennedy lays on his back, catching his breath, he is unsure how much longer his body will allow him to continue. Then, he remembers the FWA Anniversary Show. He remembers what it felt like when he had nothing to fight for, he remembers Dave Sullivan locking him his submission hold, he remembers tapping out. He remembers the shame he felt after that. No. Not now. Not tonight, Kennedy. Tonight you have something to fight for.

Both men slowly pull the ropes to get back to there feet. Standing across from each other, heaving heavilly as if oxygen was a rare and precious commodity. Kennedy charges at Mikami with a 3rd attempt at The Bittersweet Chin Symphony and yet again Mikami ducks it. Mikami latches on to Kennedy from behind with an attempt at a Belly-to-back Suplex but Kennedy reverses course mid-air AND LANDS ON HIS FEET! Shocked, Mikami turns around quickly AND IMMEDIATELY EATS A BITTERSWEET CHIN SYMPHONY from Kennedy! The Superkick can be heard from miles away. Kennedy drops to pin the champion.

One...

Two...

Three.

Your winner and NEW Dynasty Japan Pro-Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion, The Astonishing Chris Kennedy. The referee hands Chris Kennedy the championship belt and Kennedy smiles, feeling a sense of satisfaction that he's not felt in God knows how long. The fans chant his name, and it feels as if it did 11 years ago when he first won this title, all sound around him is muffled. Kennedy buckles to one knee before even that knee gives out and he falls on his back. He looks over at his fallen opponent next to him who is completely out-cold. Kennedy just looks up at the house lights and smiles, knowing that a new day has just begun.

The End
    Last edited by Jiggy; 04-19-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Thread Information