Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - March 31, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - March 31, 2021

WWE NXT Preview
    March 31, 2021

Battle Royal set to decide NXT North American Title Gauntlet Eliminator participants

It’s a long and grueling journey to an NXT North American Title opportunity, and it begins this Wednesday in a Battle Royal clash.

Dexter Lumis, Bronson Reed, Leon Ruff, Cameron Grimes, Roderick Strong, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Pete Dunne, LA Knight, Kushida, Tyler Rust, Jake Atlas and Austin Theory will compete to determine who will earn a spot in the Gauntlet Eliminator Match on Night 1 of NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver. The last man standing in the Gauntlet Eliminator Match will face Johnny Gargano for the North American Title the following night.

William Regal addresses Johnny Gargano and the NXT North American Title: WWE NXT, March 24, 202102:21
    Who will emerge from the brutal Battle Royal and move one step closer to gold?

Don’t miss the intense clash this Wednesday at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Raquel Gonzalez takes on Zoey Stark as TakeOver: Stand & Deliver approaches

Raquel González is on a warpath toward her NXT Women’s Championship Match at NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver, and Zoey Stark has found herself in the crosshairs.

The NXT newcomer teamed with NXT Champion Io Shirai last week against González & Kai, but a brutal slam from “Big Mami Cool” was too much for Stark to overcome. After the bell, González smashed The Genius of the Sky on the announce table, and a chilling staredown made her title intentions crystal clear.

Stark has tested herself against the best of NXT with clashes against Kai and Shirai since debuting on the black-and-gold brand.

Will Stark deliver payback with a shocking upset? Or will González use the opportunity to send another message to the NXT Women’s Champion?

Don’t miss the showdown this Wednesday at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell back in tag team action tonight

Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell return to The Capitol Wrestling Center ring tonight on NXT!

The Way have battled adversity, as Dexter Lumis’ steely eyes and haunting presence have upended the group’s mindset in recent weeks. LeRae & Hartwell dropped their last match against Shotzi Blackheart & Ember Moon when Johnny Gargano’s unveiling of a previously missing Austin Theory distracted the tandem.

With their eyes on the new NXT Women's Tag Team Titles, can LeRae & Hartwell claim an important win when they are back in action tonight?

Catch LeRae & Hartwell’s in-ring return tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter tempt fate with Tian Sha showdown

Tian Sha let the black-and-gold brand know they will not tolerate resistance, but Kayden Carter & Kacy Catanzaro are not heeding those warnings.

Despite a pair of defeats for each against Xia Li, Carter & Catanzaro will take on Tian Sha this Wednesday on NXT. Li put Catanzaro out of action with a barbaric stomp of her knee on the ringside steel steps during their match. The upstart duo battled back with a smashing crutch attack on Boa two weeks ago, but the wrath of Tian Sha remains squarely focused on them.

Undeterred, a fired-up Carter & Catanzaro called out the powerful group last week on NXT. What will happen when they come face to face with Tian Sha this time?

Don’t miss the clash this Wednesday at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Roderick Strong to begin new journey in showdown with Cameron Grimes

It will be an all-new feeling for Roderick Strong, as he enters the squared circle with Cameron Grimes without the comfort of his Undisputed ERA brethren flanking his sides.

Strong will go it alone after letting Kyle O’Reilly know last week he was fed up with both O’Reilly and Adam Cole’s actions. On the other side, Grimes is riding high with an embarrassment of riches, and a statement win over Bronson Reed two weeks ago on the black-and-gold brand. The two will be put to the ultimate test with a Battle Royal also on the slate for Wednesday night.

Is Strong ready to travel TO THE MOON? Or will he begin to pave his own path?

Catch the showdown this Wednesday night at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - March 31, 2021

I know people will be rolling their eyes but surely Lumis has to win the gauntlet match? Otherwise what have they been doing with the Lumis/The Way storyline since October last year? KUSHIDA had his shot, they could try and swerve by having Austin Theory accidentally win in some form. Bronson Reed is being built but I feel that there’ll be some shenanigans with LA Knight that will cost him and as entertaining as Grimes is, he doesn’t seem to have found anything that sticks.

Pete Dunne could be a good choice if they just wanted a solid match. I like Gargano but I just get the sense that NXT are going through the motions with him and Ciampa, they felt like the brand at one point and now it’s all this goofy stuff with The Way and Ciampa changing his alignment in these slapped-together storylines. I feel that the North American title has been featured way more since Gargano has held it but it hasn’t felt as prestigious as when others before him had it - even in his own previous reigns.

Interested to see how they deal with Mei Ling in her debut, obviously it’s going to be a squash or maybe a disqualification but I think that they’ve infested so much lore into the character that they really need to sell the character in the ring as well.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

How the hell is LA Knight Vs Gargano going to work? That seems like the dumbest winner out of the whole battle royal. Not that I wanted Dexter Lumis to win, but at least that would of made sense with the story they've been telling. heel vs heel? that's not gonna work.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    How the hell is LA Knight Vs Gargano going to work? That seems like the dumbest winner out of the whole battle royal. Not that I wanted Dexter Lumis to win, but at least that would of made sense with the story they've been telling. heel vs heel? that's not gonna work.
    The battle royal was just the gauntlet eliminator qualifier. LA Knight would still need to win that match to get the chance to face Gargano.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes more sense.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Yeah I just thought the battle Royale was the decider, it feels a lot more complicated than it needs to be when you consider the fact that Knight has no connection to Gargano. Also, who else will be in the gauntlet match if they were all in the match on Wednesday?

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    Also, who else will be in the gauntlet match if they were all in the match on Wednesday?
    As far as I can tell it starts:

Ruff Vs Swerve
    winner Vs Bronson Reed
    winner Vs Cameron Grimes
    winner Vs Dexter Lumis
    winner Vs LA Knight