Thread: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - March 19, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

SD Live WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - March 19, 2021

Friday Night Smackdown Preview
    March 19, 2021

Edge to battle Jey Uso to become special enforcer at WWE Fastlane

This Friday, The Rated-R Superstar will battle “Main Event” Jey Uso one-on-one. Whomever emerges victorious with be named as the Special Enforcer of the Universal Title Match at WWE Fastlane.

Will Jey Uso stop The Ultimate Opportunist and stack the deck for Universal Champion Roman Reigns in the March 21 title showdown? Or can The Rated-R Superstar put himself into a position to assure a level playing field? Don’t miss the heated showdown on SmackDown, tonight at 8/7 C on USA.

Sasha Banks to put her Smackdown Women's Title on the line against Nia Jax

Two nights before Sasha Banks will attempt to become “2 Belts Banks” by teaming with her WrestleMania opponent Bianca Belair in a WWE Women’s Tag Team Title Match at WWE Fastlane, The Boss will attempt to defends her SmackDown Women’s Championship against “The Irresistible Force” Nia Jax, with her new beau Reginald watching closely.

Is The Irresistible Force destined to walk into WWE Fastlane with the SmackDown’s Women’s Title? Don’t miss the title showdown on Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 C on USA.

Big E and Apollo Crews sit down for special interview ahead of WWE Fastlane

Last week, Intercontinental Champion Big E returned from an injury he suffered at the hands of Apollo Crews only to taste the metal of the steel steps once more during another brutal sneak attack.

Prior to their Intercontinental Championship Rematch at WWE Fastlane, Michael Cole will sit down with The Powerhouse of Positivity and his fierce challenger. Don’t miss all the action of SmackDown, tonight at 8/7 C on FOX.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - March 19, 2021

Rollins getting Nakamura at Fastlane presumably means this thing with Cesaro is his mania program, and they seem to be going with Owens and Zayn having a match at mania too (Zayn’s not great anymore but what a cool thing for their history).

So that begs the question, what’s Bryan doing at mania? Have they called an audible and he’s in the title match at mania, is he winning on Sunday? Bryan/Edge N1 Roman/winner N2? There’s different ways they can do it, but I don’t know what else Bryan does at mania if it’s not facing these two guys. He just beat Jey in a cage match so I don’t think they can go back to that.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I dont get the rhetoric about Zayn not being great anymore.

The guy can still put on a great match, and he's showing promo ability and acting/character working talents that he never seemed to have in him previously. People thesedays just seem to fixate too much on every match needing to end clean and heels never doing anything heelish.
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

He quite clearly doesn’t wrestle as well as he used to and has toned his style down. He does nice work as a heel, but it’s been years since he’s had a great singles match.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I feel like hes toned down his style because he's a heel. Heels shouldn't work a flashy style that pops the fans.

I was never a Zayn fan, I respected his ring work but the fact he didn't really provide anything outside of a great match never endeared him to me. But he's really impressed me as a heel with his all round talents, in and and out of the ring.

He had a good run of matches when he first returned didn't he?
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Sami Zayn is a damn treasure and any bad words against him is a damn lie.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I feel like hes toned down his style because he's a heel. Heels shouldn't work a flashy style that pops the fans.

I was never a Zayn fan, I respected his ring work but the fact he didn't really provide anything outside of a great match never endeared him to me. But he's really impressed me as a heel with his all round talents, in and and out of the ring.
    Heels shouldn't be so flashy yes, but it doesn't mean the matches have to be disappointing. Bryan turned heel in 2018 and still had great matches, Roman's turned heel in 2020 and he's still having great matches. Zayn got to work Bryan last year at Wrestlemania and it was utterly forgettable, and when Bryan's still operating as a top class wrestler, I think it reflects more on Zayn who also used to be one of the best wrestlers in the world. I think it's more a case of age and injuries catching up to him, and being smart enough to know he can take it easy in-ring now, that is the reason for him not being a great wrestler anymore.

I don't mind his heel work, I'd prefer him not to be so chicken shit because that's all WWE knows how to book, but he's definitely hit a groove with his character work that's entertaining in the last 6 months as opposed to that garbage in late 2019/early 2000s when he was in the unit with Cesaro and Nakamura, and even further going back to the heel Steenerico run in the Bryan and Shane feud.

He had a good run of matches when he first returned didn't he?
    I'll put it this way, his performance against Braun in early 2017 in a falls count anywhere match was the last time I felt like I saw the Sami Zayn I consider to be a world class wrestler.