Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - March 10, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - March 10, 2021

WWE NXT Preview
    March 10, 2021

Finn Balor to defend NXT Championship against Adam Cole

Finn Bálor knows there’s only one way he’ll get his hands on Adam Cole: by giving him an NXT Championship Match. And so The Prince is doing exactly that.

Bálor will put the NXT Title on the line against Cole Wednesday night on NXT at 8/7 C on USA Network, and viewers won't miss a second of the action.

Since stunning the NXT Universe at NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day, Cole has repeatedly gotten the better of Bálor. The Prince has eaten three blindside superkicks from Cole with no chance for payback, until now.

Cole and Bálor have been linked as both rivals and unlikely allies since Bálor returned to the black-and-gold brand in 2019. Without emotional ties clouding his perception like Cole’s former Undisputed ERA allies, perhaps no one understands Cole’s motivations better.

Bálor has asserted that Cole formed The UE only to obtain and keep the NXT Title. And now he’s set fire to that same brotherhood to regain the coveted prize, betraying both Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong.

The Prince bested Cole in an instant classic last year to win the title for the second time. But with the challenger refocused and maybe more dangerous than ever, is Cole destined to take back the throne?

Io Shirai puts the NXT Women's Championship on the line against Toni Storm

Toni Storm is convinced Io Shirai can’t beat her one on one. Now she has the chance to prove herself right.

Storm will challenge Shirai for the NXT Women’s Championship on NXT Wednesday night at 8/7 C on USA Network, where fans won't miss a second of the action.

Since practically the moment Storm arrived on the black-and-gold brand, she has been in hot pursuit of Shirai and her title. While she received an opportunity at NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day, she also had to contend with Mercedes Martinez in a Triple Threat Match, and The Genius of the Sky prevailed.

Continuing to provoke Shirai with trash talk, Storm enticed the champion to agree to another title defense, this time against only Storm.

Has Shirai made a mistake that will lead to the end of her title reign? Or will The Genius of the Sky once again be unsolvable?

William Regal set to make two major announcements on NXT

William Regal will make two major announcements this Wednesday night on NXT that will “change the landscape” of the black-and-gold brand.

With WWE Official Adam Pearce playing a pivotal role in Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler’s controversial win over Raquel González & Dakota Kai to retain the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles, Pearce and the NXT General Manager were later seen in what appeared to be a heated discussion backstage at the Capitol Wrestling Center. McKenzie Mitchell caught up with Regal, who declined to elaborate on his conversation with Pearce. However, Regal did promise his groundbreaking announcement.

It was revealed during Monday Night Raw that Regal will actually have, not one, but two major announcements!

What does Regal have in store for the NXT Universe? Find out this Wednesday night at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Kayden Carter to take on Xia Li

Xia Li put Kacy Catanzaro on the shelf, and now Catanzaro’s tag team partner has vowed to seek retribution.

Li will go one on one with the payback-minded Kayden Carter this Wednesday night.

Catanzaro put up a worthy fight two weeks ago against Li before meeting a disastrous fate thanks to Li’s ruthlessness. With Tian Sha looking on, Li stomped Catanzaro’s leg, forcing a referee stoppage.

We’ve since learned that Catanzaro suffered a partially torn LCL with the timeline for her return unknown. Li’s brutality set Carter off, with NXT’s resident “spitfire” vowing last week to take out Li.

Li has looked virtually unstoppable under Tian Sha, though Carter represents her most fearless challenger yet. Something has to give when they square off this Wednesday night!

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - March 10, 2021

Two takeover level matches and the announcements from Regal. They are throwing everything at this show.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Why didn’t they just make the women’s dusty classic for these new women’s tag titles? So stupid.

NXT actually has a women’s division capable of having a tag division but ehhhh this is so not needed. Taken away the one interesting thing about the main roster tag titles that they can be defended on any show.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Scouring the results and clips online, I like that we're headed towards the new look KOR vs. Adam Cole and Balor vs. Kross at TakeOver: Stand & Deliver (interesting choice of name). Both these matches have felt inevitable for a while now, it's time to blow them off at Mania week and get a fresh start going after Mania.

Fine with me that NXT have added their own women's tag titles. The writing was on the wall with what happened last week. It DOES feel like Raquel and Dakota got those belts only as a consolation in a way, so I don't know how I feel about that. I DO know how I feel about them losing the belts the same night they're crowned champions and I don't like it. Just why? To me, it's not a great jump off for the belts. Some may see it differently I'm sure. It just feels to me like these belts are destined to head down the same path as the other women's tag titles where they feel like they don't even need to put any work or forethought into them. Probably a big overreaction. I'm always open to being proven wrong.

What I'm most sad about really is that WWE clearly have no intentions of getting away from making all their belts look the same. These belts are literally just the NXT Tag belts with white straps. *sigh*

Thread Information