View Poll Results: Whose Card is Better?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Postman Dave

2 14.29%
  • Silk

12 85.71%

Thread: BATTLECARD! Round #1 -- Postman Dave vs. Silk

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

BATTLECARD! Round #1 -- Postman Dave vs. Silk

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CARD!

Postman Dave

From Wembley Arena, card runs in the following order:

Opening Match
    Austin Aries vs. Tyler Bate

The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Speed Muscle (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino)

"The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith vs
    "The Anarchist" Doug Williams

Knockouts or Tap-Outs Only
    Chris Hero vs. Taz

Intermission

The Ultimate Warrior Vs. Elias (Preceded by Elias's "Ultimate Beatles Tribute Performance")

Nigel McGuinness vs. Drew McIntyre

Falls Count Anywhere
    Terry Funk vs. Jon Moxley

Main Event Dream Match
    Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Rey Mysterio

VS

Silk

Panther Pro Wrestling Presents
    PPW 2: The Electrifying Showdown

The Monday Night War Reborn - A Main Event Like No Other
    The Rock vs. Sting

20 years ago the Monday Night War ended with two men atop their brands, but when WCW and WWF merged, the Icon Sting was nowhere to be found. Just a few years later, The People's Champion, The Rock, left his own home company for the bright lights of Hollywood, forever leaving a mystery what may have happened if the two biggest names in wrestling had ever collided. Now, Panther Pro has brought these two icons together for an electric clash sure to be unmatched. Is the enigmatic Sting the better man despite his company's failure, or will the most electrifying man in sports entertainment prove why his brand emerged on top?

Brothers In Arms - Two Legendary Tag Teams Collide One More Time
    The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoe Brothers

For years two names have been synonmous with tag team wrestling in the North American Indy scene. Matt and Nick Jackson have run the table in near every company, ultimately turning The Young Bucks into the defining tag team of AEW with their exciting highspot style. Opposite them, Mark and Jay Briscoe have bested every team put in front of them, and are the defining tag team in the prestigious history of ROH. Though both teams have battled before, they may never again meet in an atmosphere like this. The stakes have never been higher, and the winning team will no doubt be considered the best in the world in this can't miss tag team clash.

Two Viral Sensations Meet - A SHOCKING Deletion Match
    Matt Hardy vs. The Shockmaster

In perhaps the most unusual match in professional wrestling history, Matt Hardy has reopened the Hardy compound for one more grisly deathmatch against perhaps the most enigmatic competitor of all time. The legend of the Shockmaster has bewildered wrestling fans for years, and no one moreso than Matt Hardy who's intense curiosity has led him to throw down the gauntlet in a match he says will 'Break The Internet.' Will the Hardy Compound ever be the same again?

Inter-brand Warfare that Transcends Eras - Two Behemoths Must Reckon With Each Other
    Lex Luger vs. Batista

Lex Luger was described as the Total Package, a mountain of a man who's physique was unmatched in his time. Batista was the Animal, a beast without compare in an era defined by Ruthless Aggression. Luger went toe-to-toe with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Sting. Batista battled John Cena, The Rock, and Triple H. Wonder no more how these two Greek gods may have fared in the ring against each other, will winning this match be the defining moment in each man's career?

The Halftime Show That Will Certainly End in Destruction - A Guitar-on-a-Pole Match for PPW's Greatest Entertainers
    Jeff Jarrett vs. The Honky Tonk Man

In pro wrestling's staggeringly long list of self-obsessed musicians, perhaps no names stick out more than those of Jeff Jarrett and the Honky Tonk Man. While one man made a career of smashing guitars and turning them into world titles across the country, his adversary would be the first to tell you he was the most successful Intercontinental champion of all time. With two egos this big in the same ring, there's no doubt each man will be eager to grab the lone guitar and the spotlight, but which one will end up with it crashing over their dome?

National Pride Is On the Line - A Border War Tag Team Match
    Team Canada (Eric Young & Bobby Roode) vs. Team America (Jack Swagger & Sgt. Slaughter)

Team Canada was at one point a dominant force during arguably the peak of TNA Wrestling, and two of it's most talented alumni have re-connected to put Canada's reputation back on the line. In the opposite corner, two patriots from different eras unite, as former World Champions Jack Swagger and Sgt. Slaughter have connected to form the proud Team America. Each team has an impressive resume, but when the dust settles, only one country will be waving their flag in victory.

A Clinic In The Making - Two Technical Warriors Open The Show in Style
    Owen Hart vs. Dean Malenko

By the time Dean Malenko at last arrived in the same company as Owen Hart, it was unfortunately two late for the two to ever meet. For the first time on the big stage, Malenko and Hart will battle and will be tasked with opening up Panther Pro's astonishing second card. There's no doubt the respect between both of these ring warriors runs deep, but that's all the more reason that neither will stop until they've secured a momentous victory. Can the Man of a Thousand Holds secure a submission victory, or will the Slammy-award winner slam his way to a pinfall win?

Spoiler:

Never Forget:

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: BATTLECARD! Round #1 -- Postman Dave vs. Silk

Bret vs. Rey is a studly main event. Best of luck, Dave.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Bo Dallas Mark

Status

I went Silk based off if I would personally watch it. Silk's edges it out for me with some Hardy Compound Shenanigans. Always a yes in my book.
    burger

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Dave has my favourite main event of all these cards, but Silks card overall edges it for me.

Jam Up Guy

Status

I read Jeff Jarrett vs Honky Tonk Man as Jeff Hardy vs Honky Tonk Man, and now I’m disappointed it’s not that absolute train wreck of a match.

Considering this is a contest of who can be the best promotor, I think Dave actually dropped the ball in the promotional side of things. We're in England and yet neither the main event nor the semi-main event features British talent? The prospect of Bret vs Mysterio sounds interesting, although I'm not sure if it'd be as good as you'd imagine it could be. Owen vs Mysterio sounds like a superior Mysterio vs Hart match to me. Bret vs Mysterio feels like an unusual pick for the main event of a British show. I do really like the prospect of Hero vs Taz though.

From a workrate perspective, Fracto's isn't nearly as good as Dave's. However, it's called The Electrifying Showdown and the main event is huge. Most of the matches are paired well together for similar wrestlers with the weakest link being the out of place Bucks vs Briscoes match.

When comparing the two shows, I think Fracto's is the event that feels bigger so it'll get my vote. Ironically, I think Dave has a far better chance of putting on a better round 2 card than Fracto. I have no idea what she could do to draw interest.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Considering this is a contest of who can be the best promotor, I think Dave actually dropped the ball in the promotional side of things. We're in England and yet neither the main event nor the semi-main event features British talent?
    This is a fair criticism and something I did consider. I was sorta hoping Bret's euro popularity would be enough to make up for it. Plus, what kind of UK supershow would it be if the locals weren't working the undercard?

A great card Silk, especially love that main event.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I gotta rep the person that fit the Shockmaster onto their card. I'm sorry Dave, Rey vs Bret is still in my dreams, and Moxley vs Funk sounds amazing.

But Silk got the Shockmaster. Not only that, but she got the match between the two misunderstood, underrated big men that Shock inexplicably marks out for, Lex Luger vs Batista.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I gotta rep the person that fit the Shockmaster onto their card. I'm sorry Dave, Rey vs Bret is still in my dreams, and Moxley vs Funk sounds amazing.

But Silk got the Shockmaster. Not only that, but she got the match between the two misunderstood, underrated big men that Shock inexplicably marks out for, Lex Luger vs Batista.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Silk's card is too smooth for Dave. She moves on!

Spoiler:

Never Forget:

Spoiler:

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Nice one Silk, deserved

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information