View Poll Results: Suplexes vs Dropkicks

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Steiner Brothers

10 71.43%
  • The Rock 'N' Roll Express

4 28.57%

Thread: WCBNAIRTTOATT Semi-Finals: The Steiner Brothers vs The Rock 'N' Roll Express

WAKE UP

Status

WCBNAIRTTOATT Semi-Finals: The Steiner Brothers vs The Rock 'N' Roll Express

The Steiner Brothers
    (Scott & Rick Steiner)

vs

The Rock 'N' Roll Express
    (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Re: WCBNAIRTTOATT Semi-Finals: The Steiner Brothers vs The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Yep, this is where the longevity hurts RnR for me. Steiners may have dropped in quality in their last couple of years, but the majority of their time together was an elite team producing quality in WCW, WWE, and NJPW (Only factoring in the WCW/NJPW joint shows).

RnR remains one of the best teams, but Steiners get my vote.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WCBNAIRTTOATT Semi-Finals: The Steiner Brothers vs The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Shocked how this poll is going. Both teams dipped in quality after their peaks but I don't think that's really too big of a deal here, and RNR have had a decent comeback in recent years.

Steiners were a good team but they were basically 90s spot machines. All workrate and big moves, not a team who could really carry an inferior pair of guys or lay out a match. Their strength was their offence and movesets, not structure. A lot of those big Steiners matches like the Dome show tag don't age that well, because it's just a bunch of big moves rather than a tightly worked match with a story.

Despite having a lot of flying in their moveset, the RNRs never felt like spot guys. They are for my money the best babyface tag team ever, and really mastered nuts and bolts of that role.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Rock N Roll Express are the best babyface tag team ever, and definitely feel like a final two team, whereas the Steiners don't quite feel like a best ever tag team. I've made no secret about my love for the Steiners and their style, but RNR take this for me.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Thread Information