Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slammiversary 2020 Discussion Thread

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Slammiversary 2020 Discussion Thread

Following this week’s Impact Wrestling broadcast, the following matches are confirmed for this Saturday night’s Slammiversary pay-per-view event. The show will air live on Fite.tv.

Impact World Championship Match:
    Ace Austin vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Trey Miguel vs. ????

Impact Knockouts Championship Match:
    Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo

TNA World Championship Match:
    Moose vs. Tommy Dreamer

Impact Tag Team Championship Match:
    The North vs. Sami Callihan & Ken Shamrock

Impact X-Division Championship Match:
    Willie Mack vs. Chris Bey

#1 Contender Knockouts Gauntlet Match:
    Rosemary, Nevaeh, Su Yung, Kiera Hogan, Taya Valkyrie, Tasha Steelz, Alisha Edwards, Kylie Rae, Kimber Lee, Madison Rayne, and Havok
    Granted, I haven't seen iMPACT in a while.. But what's the difference between the TNA World title and the iMPACT World title? And why is Ken Shamrock still wrestling?!

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Moose brought back the TNA World Title because Tessa was Impact World Champ but stranded in Mexico. So it was Impact's way of having a World Title on the show, even if it has little merit since Moose just crowned himself champion. I would imagine once a new Impact World Champ is crowned, the titles will be unified, or the TNA World Title will just be dropped.

As for Shamrock, he needs to hang them up. Physically, he can still sort of get the job done, but he looks lost in the ring most of the time and he really can't work.

Dreamer kinda needs to go the same route. Although he still knows what he's doing in the ring, he is long past being a positive when he's between the ropes.

Honestly, the only match on the card that doesn't look dope is Moose vs. Dreamer. Moose isn't that great to begin with, but for him to succeed, I feel he needs a lot better competition than Dreamer. They might shock us and do a 3 minute squash, which honestly is the best idea imo.

My prediction heading into the PPV is EC3 returns as the mystery participant, wins the Impact World Championship and then feuds with Moose to unify the belts.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Moose brought back the TNA World Title because Tessa was Impact World Champ but stranded in Mexico. So it was Impact's way of having a World Title on the show, even if it has little merit since Moose just crowned himself champion. I would imagine once a new Impact World Champ is crowned, the titles will be unified, or the TNA World Title will just be dropped.

As for Shamrock, he needs to hang them up. Physically, he can still sort of get the job done, but he looks lost in the ring most of the time and he really can't work.

Dreamer kinda needs to go the same route. Although he still knows what he's doing in the ring, he is long past being a positive when he's between the ropes.

Honestly, the only match on the card that doesn't look dope is Moose vs. Dreamer. Moose isn't that great to begin with, but for him to succeed, I feel he needs a lot better competition than Dreamer. They might shock us and do a 3 minute squash, which honestly is the best idea imo.

My prediction heading into the PPV is EC3 returns as the mystery participant, wins the Impact World Championship and then feuds with Moose to unify the belts.

I agree, I can’t believe it’s been 10 years of on/off Dreamer appearances, fair enough if it’s a cross promotion with House of Hardcore but he’s really been hanging onto the Innovator of Extreme trope for far too long which has meant his material never differs. Moose isn’t my favourite worker in the ring but he’s really taken the brass ring in my opinion with the pandemic throwing in it’s fair share of issues, the World title was random but it suits his character, even if it is eventually going to disappear. I’m gutted that they’ve taken that angle and projected it into Dreamer rather than making him part of the main event picture, which would seem like the more logical choice.

I miss the days where Impact had regular PPVs, I don’t mind a special but Impact didn’t do enough to make the specials feel any different than a regular show, so their placement was off. However I think things started to derail when we would have about 3 PPVs a year and then everything else was turned into an Impact special or on Impact +.

I also agree about Shamrock, I have a horrible feeling that putting him with Callihan will lead to them winning the titles, which does nothing for me and I highly doubt will do anything to elevate their scarce tag team division. As talented as The North are, there’s a reason why they’ve been champions so long and it’s not because of dominant booking decisions.

World Champion

Status

It's also pretty interesting to note that last week, Dave Meltzer reported Bully Ray's contract to be expired. Impact Wrestling would be a logical destination for him. I know he's mentioned in the past he wouldn't mind a match with Sami Callihan. Personally, I wouldn't mind having Bully around for the occasional match. Compared to other ECW legends like Rhyno, Dreamer and RVD, you can at least say that Bully's presentation does not rely too much on him being an ECW legend, and he can stand on his own with his character and reputation. I'm not necessarily saying I WANT Bully to come back to Impact, but I certainly won't be disappointed if it happens.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

No no no to Bully Ray in Impact even though that's where I think he'll end up. I can now see him pitching to do his standard program where he gets a young act over by beating their ass for 6 months, then finally losing in an interference, hardcore match full of ECW circle jerking

I fear big time that Shamrock is winning the tag titles. My only hesitation would be Gallows and Anderson (gets better doesn't it?) are due to come in and I think that's probably a better option to end the North's reign than the forced together, bickering tag partners team.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    No no no to Bully Ray in Impact even though that's where I think he'll end up. I can now see him pitching to do his standard program where he gets a young act over by beating their ass for 6 months, then finally losing in an interference, hardcore match full of ECW circle jerking

I fear big time that Shamrock is winning the tag titles. My only hesitation would be Gallows and Anderson (gets better doesn't it?) are due to come in and I think that's probably a better option to end the North's reign than the forced together, bickering tag partners team.
    I've been enjoying Impact for a little while now, but if The North lose to Shamrock, I won't be happy.

Agree with the stuff regarding Dreamer, shouldn't be in a program like this. Having not watched this week's show yet, I do think his promo work over the last few weeks has at least been enjoyable though.

Slammiversary looking like the more appealing PPV event this weekend, imo.

TUFF

Status

My predictions for Slammiversary is EC3 being the fourth entrant in the World Title match. The Good Brothers coming as well. Bully Ray comes in to shut Moose up and probably takes his title. Then he feuds with whoever the world champion is so they can unify the belts but more importantly, get rid of the TNA title. Wouldn't mind more X-Division guys getting signed too.

As for the match card for Slammiversary, I'm looking forward to all the matches except for Moose/Dreamer. Even then, it might be decent (if they don't go on for too long). There's gotta be at least one or two more matches that get added to the card though, right?

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

World Champion

Status

I'm pretty much on the same page as you with that, Jam. I figured Bully would win the TNA World Title if he comes in. The only hang up is I know Bully is adamant about being a heel and Moose isn't likely to go face. Would EC3 come in as a face? That could go either way.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

No love for Heath being the surprise entrant then?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

TUFF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    I'm pretty much on the same page as you with that, Jam. I figured Bully would win the TNA World Title if he comes in. The only hang up is I know Bully is adamant about being a heel and Moose isn't likely to go face. Would EC3 come in as a face? That could go either way.
    I can see Bully wanting to come in with a lot of momentum and right now, that'd be as a face probably. Then immediately turn heel or something. Like you said, he's mentioned wanting to feud with Sami and I think that'd be interesting tbh.

Depending on who is signed, I see the main event scene getting a little too crowded. I expect Ace, Edwards, and Trey to stay in there. But who else? There's room for up to 5-6 in total imo. Ace/Trey can be Impact's next big rivalry. Both guys can go in the ring and while Ace is better at promos right now, Trey is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    No love for Heath being the surprise entrant then?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    Not sure if the Hernandez/Rhino stuff is going anywhere. But if so, it'd be cool if it turned into a tag team feud. Rhino brings in Heath and Hernandez brings in an up and coming youngster or maybe even Homicide.

[be more kind]

Status

Oh god, it is Bully, isn't it? They teased bringing back Aces & 8's, Gallows was in it too....

Please Impact, don't do this!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Oh god, it is Bully, isn't it? They teased bringing back Aces & 8's, Gallows was in it too....

Please Impact, don't do this!

A longer term faction thing could do wonders again....but not if they totally rehash it as the original storyline dragged on too long and made it go stale.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Japan

LMAO at the idea of bringing in yet another guy who's career peaked 20 years ago. Admittedly the options aren't great. I feel like if Rusev weren't a victim of COVID he would make the buildup to this show a lot more interesting just on the speculation he could be the mystery guy.

I hope it's Sabin in the main event, fear it's Bully, but would be satisfied at it being EC3 or EY. I agree with the praise given to EY on the last page and always thought he was someone who should be thought of higher as he excels at every aspect of wrestling. I hope he removed some of those gaudy tats at least. Also down with Slater coming in as Rhino's partner. Pushing him to the top right away is about 3 steps too far, but he's worth having around and seeing if he can step up in some kind of serious role.

I really root for this company with all the crazy shit they've been through. Partly it's their own doing by hiring so many crazy people but still, I watched some of the buildup vids and was impressed with what they've got going on despite this being the ultimate patch job show. Let's see how Slammiversary goes.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

They've revealed ahead of tonight that The Good Brothers have signed with the company.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

People's Champion

Status

Re: Slammiversary 2020 Discussion Thread

Well that's the first worst kept secret out the way.....

#ShadeWinsLOL

[be more kind]

Status

BUT WHO'S THE THIRD MAN?

TUFF

Status

I feel like The Good Brothers will host Slammiversary or something like that. You can easily set up a feud for them by having another team interrupt them. With them debuting this way, I don't think they answer the Rascalz open challenge. My dream pick would be for The Motor City Machine Guns to answer the open challenge, but it seems unlikely. Sabin did tweet about maybe being involved in the show somehow. Maybe the mystery opponent in the World Title match? I wouldn't mind that either. Pretty excited to see what Impact has planned for Slammiversary.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Canada

Honestly, will tune in for the Good Brothers alone. Hoping for a good rest of the show.
    Vote on WC's Top 15 AEW Acts of 2021 Here:
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=177261

p a r t t i m e r

Status
      Country                    Canada

I was watching Impact regularly until corona hit, but I've been trying to watch it the past few weeks so I could be up to date for Slammiversary.

Seems like it should be a good show all things considered, and definitely the better of the two pay per views that are airing this weekend for sure.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Was in the mood to watch this show but can't find a stream. Oh well.

Anyone but Bully in the main event please.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast