Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWA Discord WrestleQuiz?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

FWA Discord WrestleQuiz?

Morning guys,

Was talking to a few of the guys on the Discord and thought it might be fun to do some sort of lock-down pub quiz. Wrestling themed, of course, but nothing too abstract and niche so that it's accessible. Would people be up for that? I'm thinking we could do it at the weekend, if there's enough interest.

If you are interested, post in here to let me know, and also state which of the two time options below you'd most prefer:

Option A: USA East Coast 6pm (Saturday), UK 11pm (Saturday), Melbourne 8am (Sunday).
    Option B: USA East Coast 8am (Sunday), UK 1pm (Sunday), Australia 10pm (Sunday).

I think it could be good fun. Winner can have something of their choosing from Pro Wrestling Ts, max value 2,000 rubles (do they do gift cards or something? That's probably easiest).

If there's half-dozen or so people interested we'll go ahead. Friends of the fed also welcome!

Cheers
    SS

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: FWA Discord WrestleQuiz?

I'm down to clown. Either option is fine but option a would allow me to have some B - eers

3X World Tag Team Champion (w/Christian Quinn, w/Randy Ramon & w/Ryan Rondo)
    1X Gauntlet Champion

JOIN THE FWA!

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Sure, we doing teams or what

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Sure, we doing teams or what
    Depends on numbers I guess. SJW, Rawr, and AON also expressed interest via the discord, we'll see if we can get a few more when the Americans wake up.

Squash Fodder

Status

I'm in. Option A preferred

Spoiler:

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

I would be able to do option b but would be at work during option a

🩸🩸🩸

Status

Option A fits me better. I'll be home for option B, but I work 7-3pm and I'm pretty sure I'll be passed out by 8. Considering I just woke up at 1pm today for example, my sleeping is going to be totally off by Sunday morning when I go into work at 7 and I'll probably be doing that shift on no sleep. So no way I'll awake still by 8 that day. I'll definitely be around for Option A though.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status

I'd prefer Option B but I'm easy going babez
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

The Maniacal Martyr

Status
      Country                    United States

Option A, works for me better, late night here in my time so I'm good.

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Option B would be the only one that works for me. Otherwise its 6am on a Sunday.

Heel Champion

Status

Hey guys, here's the link for the server for the quiz:

https://discord.gg/UvD3vc

Think we're going to go with Option A, so that's 6pm East Coast USA, 11pm UK/Ireland, 8am Australia. Apologies to anyone (ETE, Broc) who can't do that - if we ever do another I'll mix the times around.

🩸🩸🩸

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    Hey guys, here's the link for the server for the quiz:

https://discord.gg/UvD3vc

Think we're going to go with Option A, so that's 6pm East Coast USA, 11pm UK/Ireland, 8am Australia. Apologies to anyone (ETE, Broc) who can't do that - if we ever do another I'll mix the times around.
    I actually just realised option B was 8am and not 8pm on Sunday for US. So if I was a deciding vote, I actually could do either now. I'd be at work, getting kids breakfast and probably yelling at them, but I could do it.
    Last edited by Sulley; 07-04-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status

I can do either.

I'm also going to be absolutely trash at this

1X Gauntlet Champion

JOIN THE FWA!

Heel Champion

Status

Tig, I've made the quiz accessible, don't worry.

We'll go ahead with option A, so that's in just under five hours. Make sure you lick the link above!

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status

That was an absolutely cracking bit of fun. Maybe one of the funnest things I've ever taken part in whilst on WC. Superbly ran SS. Rawr has big shoes to fill for the next one.

I'm pretty sure I got the worst score in the quiz but I'm also pretty sure I won the sexiest accent on WC award

1X Gauntlet Champion

JOIN THE FWA!

Heel Champion

Status

Cheers Tig! Thanks for those that played along last night, and congrats to Rawr (30) on his victory! Honourable mentions to AON (29) and to Wolf (28), the latter of which might have won if I hadn't slipped a couple FWA questions in...

Here's the questions for anybody who wants a go. Let me know your score!

Round 1: Openers and Anagrams

Part one: pay-per-view openers.
    I’m going to give you five pay-per-view names, and all you have to tell me is the opening contest from that pay-per-view. Don’t worry about stipulations, etc, just the competitors in the match are fine. Pre-show doesn’t count. Half a point for each competitor (or a quarter point each for Q5).

Q1: WWF Wrestlemania 17.
    Spoiler:

A: Chris Jericho versus William Regal (singles match for the WWF Intercontinental Title).

Q2: All In.
    Spoiler:

A: Matt Cross versus Maxwell Jacob Friedman (singles match).

Q3: WCW Starrcade ‘96.
    Spoiler:

A: Ultimate Dragon versus Dean Malenko (singles match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship).

Q4: ECW One Night Stand 2005.
    Spoiler:

A: Lance Storm versus Chris Jericho (singles match).

Q5: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 (2020) - NIGHT TWO.
    Spoiler:

A: Jushin Thunder Liger and Naoki Sano versus Dragon Lee and Hiromu Takahashi.

Part two: anagrams…
    NOTE: These are not finishing moves or signatures. They are all generic movies that you could see in any match.

Q6: A WILD ELK MASS
    Spoiler:

A: Sidewalk slam.

Q7: EXIT SLUG REP
    Spoiler:

A: Tiger suplex.

Q8: US RIPE BOTTOM BOW
    Spoiler:

A: Sit out powerbomb

Q9: PERU WINE GLASSES
    Spoiler:

A: Russian leg sweep.

Q10: RUIZ’ PENIS GET UP
    Spoiler:

A: Step up enziguri.

Round 2: Sequences.

Part One: Championship Lineage
    In these five questions, I am going to give you five consecutive champions (Q1 are teams, Q2-5 are singles wrestlers). For one point, tell me the next champion in the sequence, and for a second, tell me the title.
    So, if I gave you the sequence: Finn Balor, Vacated, Kevin Owens, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar... you would score one point for Roman Reigns and one point for WWE Universal Championship.

Q1: Tommy Dreamer and Masato Tanaka, Mike Awesome and Raven, Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm), Vacated, The Unholy Alliance (Tajiri and Mikey Whipwreck)...
    Spoiler:

A: Full Blooded Italians (Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke), ECW World Tag Team Championships.

Q2: Frankie Kazarian, Adam Pearce, Frankie Kazarian, Super Dragon, A.J. Styles…
    Spoiler:

A: Kevin Steen, PWG Championship.

Q3: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, AJ Styles…
    Spoiler:

A: Hiroshi Tanahashi, IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Q4: Diamond Dallas Page, William Regal, Spike Dudley, William Regal, Jeff Hardy…
    Spoiler:

A: Rob Van Dam, WWE/F European Championship.

Q5: Gabrielle Montgomery, Chris Kennedy, Phillip A Jackson, Ryan Rondo, Cyrus Truth…
    Spoiler:

A: Shannon O’Neal, FWA (World) Championship.

Part Two: 4-in-order.
    You will be given four wrestlers (or four things) to rank in a specific order. Note, you don't have to give specifics (ie heights or years), just the order.

Q6. Starting with the shortest, put these four wrestlers in order of billed height… The Great Kahli, The Big Show, Giant Gonzalez, Kevin Nash.
    (NOTE: Using the heights listed on Wikipedia - Big Show has been billed as two different heights, I want the shorter one).
    Spoiler:

A: Kevin Nash (208cm), Big Show (213cm), The Great Khali (216cm), Gonzalez (244cm).

Q7. Starting with the earliest, put these four wrestlers in order of their professional wrestling debut… Riho, Nikki Bella, Bayley, Paige
    Spoiler:

A: Paige (2005), Riho (May 29th, 2006), Nikki Bella (September 15th, 2007), Bayley (September 19th, 2008)

Q8: Starting with the earliest, put these world championships in order of the date that they were first known as ‘world’ championships (i.e. the word ‘world’ is used in the championship name)… PWG World Championship, Impact World Championship (specifically the Impact title, not TNA), ROH World Championship, CZW World Heavyweight Championship.
    Spoiler:

A: CZW World Heavyweight Championship (1999 - has always been known as a world title), ROH World Championship (2003), PWG World Championship (2006), Impact World Championship (2018)

Q9: Put these four New Japan wrestlers in order of their birthplace, starting with the most northern and finishing with the most southern… Minoru Suzuki, Robbie Eagles, Zach Sabre Junior, Rocky Romero.
    Spoiler:

A: Zach Sabre Junior (Kent, UK), Minoru Suzuki (Yokohama, Japan), Rocky Romero (Havanna, Cuba), Robbie Eagles (New South Wales, Australia).

Q10: Starting with the earliest, put these four current FWA champions in the order that their original sign-up thread was posted on WC, either in the CWA or FWA section… Dave Sullivan, Michelle von Horrowitz, Krash, The Elite.
    Spoiler:

A: Krash (19th April, 2011), Dave Sullivan (21st April, 2014), Michelle von Horrowitz (20th September, 2015), The Elite (6th August, 2018)

Round 3: Themes and Promos

Part One: Wrestling Theme Songs

[We skipped this section because of sound difficulties!]

Part Two: Who Said It?
    Name the wrestler behind these infamous promos…

Q6: “So Samoa Joe, you take your 33 and a third chance, minus my 25 per cent chance, and you got an eight and a third chance of winning at Sacrifice. But you take my 75 per cent chance of winning if we was to go one on one and add the sixty six and two thirds chance, I got a hundred and forty one and two thirds chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Joe: THE NUMBERS DON’T LIE.”
    Spoiler:

A: Scott Steiner.

Q7: “Let me tell you something Gene Okerlund, you’re out here talking about a clique… The only clique you need to know about is the [REDACTED], see cos what you’re dealing with here is the brotherhood. It’s non-stop from this point on… WCW, we take what we want, and after we take Lex Luger, we want the gold suckah. Hulk Hogan, we comin’ for you, [REDACTED]...”
    Spoiler:

A: Booker T.

Q8: “Well the skeptics and all the people that… can we start over? I’m sorry.”
    Spoiler:

A: Sid

Q9: “What kind of disgusting despicable lack of respect is that Billy what’s his name show booked a match for [REDACTED] in SuperBrawl? Super Saturday? What is it even called I don’t know. Super Brawl Saturday?! Can you afford to pay me for wrestling Ron? I’m one of the biggest legend stars ever in this… GOD! And this t-shirt is too tight too Billy. And you book a match with me against Ron Killings? Look at me. I’m [REDACTED], I’ll rip him apart, I’m pissed now.”
    Spoiler:

A: Lex Luger.

Q10: “And that’s why I kicked your leg out of your leg.”
    Spoiler:

A: Owen Hart.

Round 4: Wrestling in popular culture.

Q1: Three Ring of Honor wrestlers, when visiting the Tiger King Joe Exotic’s zoo, were apparently mistaken for spies for his arch-nemesis Carole Baskin. Name one of the three wrestlers.
    Spoiler:

A: Jay Lethal, Matt Tavern, Dalton Castle.

Q2: In which year was Hulk Hogan’s masterpiece Santa With Muscles released?
    Spoiler:

A: 1996.

Q3: Which cult comedian was known as the World Intergender Wrestling Champion and eventually defeated Jerry Lawler via disqualification in Memphis?
    Spoiler:

A: Andy Kauffman

Q4: Name either of the two wrestlers that voice commentators Zach and Bobby, who call a tag team wrestling match in the mission Murderbrawl XXXI in Saints Row: The Third.
    Spoiler:

A: Rob Van Dam, Hulk Hogan.

Q5: Which wrestler portrayed the anime character Tiger Mask W when NJPW introduced a live action version at their 2016 King of Pro-Wrestling event?
    Spoiler:

A: Kota Ibushi.

Q6. Which two wrestlers are featured in the opening credits of the TV series Malcolm in the Middle?
    Spoiler:

A: Bret Hart and Chris Benoit.

Q7: What is the real first name of the luchador played by Jack Black in Nacho Libre?
    Spoiler:

A: Ignacio.

Q8: In Trailer Park Boys, what is the name of Bubbles’ professional wrestling alter ego?
    Spoiler:

A: The Green Bastard.

Q9: Which wrestler is John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats singing about with these lyrics (as part of their 2015 pro-wrestling concept album, Beat the Champ):
    He came from Texas, seeking fortune and fame/ Rose pretty quickly to the top of his game / Defender of the downtrodden, king of the hill / Tag-team champion with Al Madril.
    I heard his son got famous, and he went nationwide / Coast-to-coast, with his dad by his side / I don't know if that's true, but I've been told / It's real sweet to grow old.
    Spoiler:

A: Chavo Guerrero Sr.

Q10: In the final exchange of Wyclef Jean’s classic ‘It Doesn’t Matter’, name one of the three things that Rocky registers his apathy about?
    (NOTE: I’m asking for the final exchange of the song when Wyclef is speaking directly to Rock, not the chorus or other parts earlier in the song. I’m not accepting anything Bentley-based.)
    Spoiler:

A: how many records Wyclef has sold, whether or not Rock wants to go get diamond rings, and Wyclef’s two new Grammy’s.

Round 5: Chairman or President?

Who said it: Vince McMahon or Donald Trump?

Q1: I'm not afraid of failing. I don't like to fail. I hate to fail. But I'm not afraid of it.
    Spoiler:

A: Vince McMahon.

Q2: I don't know what drives me, I don't have a clue, but I'm driven more today than I ever have been.
    Spoiler:

Q3: The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.
    Spoiler:

A: Donald Trump.

Q4: I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
    Spoiler:

Q5: You can rise above it. This country gives you opportunity if you want to take it, so don't blame your environment. I look down on people who use their environment as a crutch.
    Spoiler:

Q6: You know, it really doesn't matter what the media write, as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass.
    Spoiler:

Q7: We have a 5 billion dollar website. I have so many websites. I have them all over the place... I hire people... it costs me three dollars.
    Spoiler:

Q8: Before a show, I'll go backstage and everyone's getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner and therefore I'm inspecting it...You know, they're standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.
    Spoiler:

Q9: I think my idea of retirement might be to one day work a 40-hour week.
    Spoiler:

Q10: I have balls the size of grapefruits and come this Sunday, you'll be spitting out the seeds.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by SupineSnake; 07-05-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

All I can say is I would have been terrible in this quiz. I’m talking single digit points.

Sun Tuh-Zoo

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    That was an absolutely cracking bit of fun. Maybe one of the funnest things I've ever taken part in whilst on WC. Superbly ran SS. Rawr has big shoes to fill for the next one.

I'm pretty sure I got the worst score in the quiz but I'm also pretty sure I won the sexiest accent on WC award
    I think I got the lowest... not knowing anything about FWA history or Japanese wrestling did me in I think

I'll agree with the second part thought.

Thanks again, SS. Was really fun.

Squash Fodder

Status

Hey guys. As the reigning FWA wrestle quiz champion its now on me to organise and host the next quiz. I'm feeling Sat the 18th USA East Coast 8am, UK 1pm, Australia 10pm. If anyone wants to participate and has any issues with these times please speak up and we'll try to work something out. The last one was a ton of fun and I hope to see you all there for round 2.

Spoiler:

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status

Count me in Rawr.

1X Gauntlet Champion

JOIN THE FWA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information