Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise

Opening with Grace and Shotzi? Awesome. I’m all for it. The match write up was pretty logical, with the power playing a big part, until Shotzi managed to work on the arm. Your women situation has been a bit iffy in the previous few weeks, but I definitely think you righted the ship here in a sense. Shotzi still looks terrific going that long with Grace, whilst Grace rightfully becomes the number one contender.

With that being said, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the aftermath here. I’m okay with Taya being out and the war of words before she brushed past Grace was all well and good. However, Taya attacking Shotzi makes sense to get one back on the eager youngster’s confidence last week, but it doesn’t make sense for Grace to just not do anything about it. She let herself get brushed past and disrespected, and then just allowed Taya to beat up on poor old Shotzi. It doesn’t seem like something Grace would just allow to happen, especially after her heated words with the champ. And now weirdly enough, it still feels like Taya has more heat with Shotzi, even though Grace is the credible and upcoming title challenger.

The North being smug with Rhino because they’ve momentarily taken out his partner works. The match tonight will do what it needs to in terms of providing some screen time for this angle heading into Turning Point.

This Borash/Austin stuff continues to simmer along which I’m enjoying so far. Ace shows his first signs of real frustration this week which I like, and the threatening to sue is such an over the top heel thing. It just works. Aero Star is not somebody I expected but is another name with some quality behind it. I completely expect Ace to retain yet again, but I’m enjoying this angle so far.

Jake leaving but on a somewhat good note for now is interesting. I expect this to change at some point but I like the way you’re going about it here. I must admit I don’t think I’ve ever heard two guys talking about “cancelling” their tag team before. For some reason, that made me laugh. I’m definitely intrigued by who Cody could be calling after that conversation. Nice work here.

I’m all in on another win for Smith as you continue to build him up. The Crazzy Steve promo announcing the return of Decay, leading to the attack from Black Taurus was all solid enough. Nothing AMAZING here but it’s not supposed to be. A perfectly okay first angle for Smith to be involved in. Hopefully we see some fire from him now after being attacked.

The Rascalz trying to get back on track was good. As much as these guys can go, they are consistently used for comedy which is fine, but a somewhat serious edge to them could be a nice addition. The attack from the Desi Hit Squad works as a quick heat build which I’m okay with.

Smith/Taurus at Turning Point? Cool.

Tay Conti? You’re a man after my heart. Unfortunately for Tay, she was always jobbing here. The champ needs to look good before her next defence which she does. I’m torn on the aftermath here. As a stand alone angle, I really enjoyed Grace getting her hands on Bravo, it works well. My issue kind of just relates back to the opening. If she was so hell bent on getting back at them at some point, why’d she just leave Taya to do what she wanted with Shotzi? Still though, this as a stand alone piece is great, and it’s always a lot of a fun when a power woman destroys a man in wrestling.

Sami wanting to do it on his own is interesting. Not sure if this will go anywhere or mean anything, but I’m keeping it in my memory just in case.

I guess considering Sami’s standing in the company this can still be considered a rub of sorts for Mack? A solid match and I’m okay with Sami getting the win here. OVE running out afterwards to attack, only to be thwarted by Swann and a kendo stick is solid enough. No issues here.

Conti in a potential match with Kiera Hogan? I know you’re booking this for me lol. Conti getting some mic time would have been a nice way to introduce her to the audience and showing that she’ll be more than just an enhancement talent. The attitude from Hogan was portrayed well and looking forward to seeing this one develop. Nice work. A hint of some nice promo writing with Hogan’s mannerisms down pat too.

Another week of Moose continuing to stir some shit between Mack and Swann, and it continues to be entertaining. Good stuff brewing here.

I honestly thought RVD would just have the night off so you swerved me at least. Nice work here with Rhino/RVD finally getting the upper hand. Makes sense to do this heading into the PPV itself. I know it’s not technically a PPV but I’m going to refer to it as one because it’s easier.

The whole “one last run” bit with James Storm promo was sold well.

Storm/Moose is a solid enough main event. Booked well enough as well with Moose being protected, even though we all knew he was about to lose. Bey helping out Moose only for Mack and Swann to appear was fine, and the OVE appearance flows in well with the aftermath of the earlier match as well. If I had one concern here it’s that yes, we got the final shot of Storm/Sami going back and forth, but the title match didn’t really get a lot of shine leading into the big show.

Continuing to impress. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your first PPV…

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Given that regardless of what shape Impact is in at any point, the Knockouts division is almost always a strong point of the show, so opening any show with a high stakes Knockouts match is always a good idea, and especially giving the two women a good chunk of time. Just pleased Shotzi didn’t attempt any dive to the floor given the amount of near misses she’s had, lol.

And at this point in time, Grace getting the title match makes the most sense. Shotzi can be a longer term project and built up longer before getting her shot, but Jordynne has been here a while, and is a major challenge to Taya.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that there’s no real time to build much anticipation for the match, or get some kind of angle to build the tension between the champion and challenger. Also felt a bit off that Grace just allowed Taya to nail Shotzi and didn’t run her off or anything.

In the end, it makes me feel like Grace vs. Taya is just a match that’s going to happen, and that there’s more effort going into building a longer term story between Taya and Shotzi, which feels unfortunate as Grace should be the primary focus when she’s the challenger as she’s one of the most stand out, top end performers in the division.

That title match should feel like a huge deal and a major challenge for Taya to overcome as she’s unlike anyone else the champ has faced, but there was none of that here, and instead she was treated like just another challenger off the conveyor belt.

Enjoyed the attitude of The North, knowing Rhino has no partner around tonight, but the attitude of Rhino, even facing down two men, standing his ground was pretty cool, and I’m interested in how he deals with the pair later as obviously Alexander won’t be far away during that match.

Makes sense to announce Ace’s opponent this time when it’s going to be on PPV, and it should undoubtedly be another fine match for the title. Interesting that Ace is starting to show his frustrations with Borash, and I’m keen to see how this develops, as Austin probably has a slight point about facing random opponents every week, but I liked that he completely blew it over the top by saying it was creating an unsafe working environment.

Pacing feels a bit weird on this show, as there’s been quite a bit happening between the first two matches. Another step toward the Deaners going their separate ways it seems, but I’m keen to know who Cody was calling at the end of the scene…

Solid win for Smith and cool to see him putting Thornstowne away quickly. Not feeling the stuff with Decay as yet, and feels a bit odd to have Smiths first program be with a group returning that are looking to re-establish themselves … while Smith himself is just getting established in Impact. Feels like this should be happening in two months time while they build themselves up with wins on both sides, so I’m keen to see what the direction is going to be, but I feel like Smith is going to need some back up.

Enjoyed the twist to the typical Rascalz segment by having the attack at the end of the segment, and hopefully this can be used to get the Rascalz over.

Poor Conti, getting her shot in Impact as essentially enhancement talent! BOO! While I liked the post match bit with Grace, I think it would’ve had a bigger impact (no pun intended) had there been some kind of heat already built up between champion and challenger. Just sort of felt like an angle because you felt like you had to do something to create animosity. Had it resulted from Taya beating Grace down earlier, or the week prior, and Grace showing back up with that kind of arrival, it would’ve landed much better imo.

No complaints from me with this match. Sami going it alone is important from time to time, just to show that he CAN win by himself if/when required, giving him credibility as champion, and surely another solid in ring contest given the competitors involved. All fairly basic stuff in the post match with oVe hitting the ring and getting eventually run off by Swann, probably setting up some kind of tag match at the PPV, I suppose? Would’ve thought you’d use this spot to have Storm involved, given the title match is fast approaching.

Alright, I can dig this if it means Tay Conti is hanging around. Pairing her off with Hogan is a sizeable match up for her off the bat, and I’m keen to see how you treat Tay and whether she’ll have to wait a little longer before getting a first win.

I’m very much into the situation with Moose & Mack/Swann. That’s been the highlight of these early shows, and continues to be. Glad that Swanns lateness to get to the ring was brought up, as it was something that struck me earlier, and the doubts continuing to be left in the mind of Mack is nice.

So that explains why Rhino was quietly confident earlier! Nice trick played by the challengers, getting one over the younger champs, which should serve as a last “win” for them before doing the honours to the champs at Turning Point.

Excellent promo from James Storm to sell the importance of the title match for him, and it definitely sold me on wanting to see the match between him and Sami. Really would’ve liked some kind of retort from Sami on this, just to get the champs POV on the match and to spell out how Storm wasn’t going to get the title, despite how much it may mean to the Cowboy.

Main event ending in a no contest is a bit meh, but you don’t want to be truly beating Moose in anything other than a BIG, well built match rather than a random Impact before a PPV, so I can get the logic. Post match stuff was all pretty cool with the run ins, and Mack physically telling Moose what he thinks, lol. Nice chaotic scene to close out the show and head into the PPV.

Jobber

Status

Jordynne Grace was the right woman to win the opener in my opinion, so that’s nice. I guess that you are a mark for Shotzi, but holding off on her getting the title shot for now is more reasonable to give her a chance to really show off her character to the audience.

Aero Star is a nice talent, but putting him straight into a title match on your next show without building him up or really promoting why or how he’s here could be tough for a fan to get into. Especially for someone that’s not familiar with his work in Mexico, a casual fan will not get the PPV for Aero Star, so this segment was a bit of miss for me personally.

I really dig Black Taurus! He’s got the presence and cool look that could take him really far in Impact, I’m hoping he defeats Harry Smith.

I get the attack from Desi Hit Squad, but I felt it came kind of out of nowhere in terms of writing, had to read it three times to actually figure out what had happened, but that may just be because of my own stupidity.

Having Tay Conti almost pin your champion ahead of her title match? Even though this makes Conti look really strong as a future challenger, I’m not sure Valkyrie needed the Bravo interference to win the match. I would’ve probably preferred to just see Conti give it her all but come up just short. I love Tay Conti however so no complaints at all with you bringing her in for this, even though she was still under WWE contract by this time period in real life.

Callihan vs Mack was nice and a logical and nice win for Callihan with a logical save from Rich Swann after the match, absolutely no complaints here.

The Moose stuff with Swann and Mack is brilliant and probably the thing I enjoyed the most from the start of this BTB, Moose stirring up shit in the doctor’s office was awesome as always.

The Main event was a good one, and it actually made James Storm look really strong almost pinning Moose. Still glad you chose not to pin Moose here and it’s nice to see Chris Bey as well.

Absolute chaos after the match! It was a bit difficult to keep up with it, but I guess it would be that way when watching it as well, still a nice way to close out the show ahead of the PPV.

Overall a really solid go-home show, I’m looking forward to the PPV!

TUFF

Status

A big thank you to Role Model for creating these awesome graphics for me. I will admit that when the school semester kicked off in August, the workload has been crazy. Honestly, I haven't written much of the show yet but with the graphics being done, it has motivated me to get some of the show written. I hope you're all still around when this show gets posted, haha! There's a lot more planned for this project so please stick around. Nothing fancy here with the predictions template (you're welcome Stojy). Just go ahead and predict who the winners will be. See ya when this gets posted!

Turning Point – LIVE ON IMPACT PLUS
    November 23, 2019
    Skyway Studios – Nashville, Tennessee

---

IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Sami Callihan (c) vs. James Storm

IMPACT WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    The North (c) vs. Rob Van Dam and Rhino

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Ace Austin (c) vs. Aero Star

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Taya Valkyrie (c) vs. Jordynne Grace

Chris Bey and Moose vs. Rich Swann and Willie Mack

Harry Smith vs. Black Taurus w/Crazzy Steve

The Rascalz (Dez and Wentz) vs. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju and Shera)

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Turning Point – LIVE ON IMPACT PLUS
    November 23, 2019

---

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

--

Most, if not all of these, are shots in the dark but looking forward to reading this. By my reckoning it will be the first PPV I've read of yours on either site, so looking forward to it!

They/Them

Status

Turning Point predictions:

Sami Callihan
    The North
    Ace Austin
    Jordynne Grace
    Rich Swann & Willie Mack
    Harry Smith
    The Rascalz

"I can cure sex cancer!"
    "
    Sex cancer isn't even a thing!"
    "......I did it."
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

Jobber

Status

Huge Kudos to Hug Life for those graphics, those are beautiful! Glad to see you have not given up on this thread and I'm excited for Turning Point!

My predictions are as follow...
    Even though you've tried your hardest to build up Storm I can't see a scenario where Callihan does not retain. I think him as a heel champ with his entourage is a much better long term story than veteran face on top.

Making this pick on the pure basis that I think you'd want to make a title shift on your first PPV and putting it on the veterans is a safe pick and might free up Page and Alexander to do bigger things, like they are doing in real life at the moment.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

I LOVE Ace Austin and would be shocked to see him lose here to Aero Star coming in from nowhere. I have enjoyed your work with Austin so far and hopes it continues.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

This is a toss-up for me, could see Taya winning in a screwy fashion and Jordynne winning a rematch. Still think you have your eyes set on Shotzi as the face of the women's division.

I'm guessing the disstention between Mack and Swann continues here with Moose picking up the win.

This is a match where I would want neither man to lose, but Smith is still newer on the roster so I'll have to go with him even though I like Black Taurus alot.

I just think they are the better team, and a team more likely to get a push in the future

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Jam, I 100% understand the strain school can put on. Graduated last spring and it was a pain to write, but it helped give me something enjoyable to do and remain productive.

Here are my picks:
    Desi Hit Squad
    Harry Smith
    Bey and Moose (love to see Mack turn heel on Swann here)
    Taya
    Ace Austin (or I'll riot)
    The North
    Sami Callihan

almost picked RVD/Rhyno on the sole purpose of getting a face in there as champions, but I'm looking forward to this show man. Take your time tho and make sure school's taken care of

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Predictions:

Too early for Sami to lose the title. I think he wins and maybe even clean

Cant' see the North losing the titles this early either. Love me some Ethan Page.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Ace I think holds onto the title for a while too. I know him mostly from MLW and he was fun there but he has really grown from his time in Impact.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

Think we might see a shock title change here and I love me some BIG MOMMA PUMP

Heels win with Mack maybe even turning on Swann here.

Harry Smith is getting a decent amount of shine so I think he picks up the win here

The Rascalz (Dez and Wentz) vs. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju and Shera)I think the Rascalz win leading to a title match with the North

RIP Brodie Lee. You will be missed

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Predictions:

James Storm is always just a filler challenger here. Works well considering his history with the company and what not, but he’s not winning here.

I’m curious to see what you end up doing with The North because there doesn’t feel like there’s a lot left for them to do at this stage. Either way, I don’t think the team of RVD and Rhino are the ones to take the gold.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Ace is awesome, this angle with him facing all of these different opponents is awesome, and I’m happy for it to continue here.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

I’d be shocked Taya loses here. Even though you’ve rightfully slowed things down, it feels like you’ll groom Shotzi for a big match with Taya.

I don’t necessarily think there will be a turn here, but Swann and Mack’s issues or whatever they are will continue with a loss here.

The new man getting that push.

The team that is actually good wins. Shocking, I know.

TUFF

Status

PRESENTS

TURNING POINT
    LIVE on Impact Plus
    November 23, 2019
    Skyway Studios - Nashville, Tennessee

A video package highlights all the matches taking place on Turning Point. Towards the end, footage of the Impact World Champion, Sami Callihan and his opponent, The Cowboy, James Storm is shown. The narrator questions if Storm will be able to create a Turning Point in history by putting away Sami and his goons or will oVe continue to take over?

The cameras highlight the fans in the front row in attendance as we see their excited faces as well as some fan signs. “Storm 4 Impact World Champ” and “Shotzi’s biggest fan” with an arrow pointing down are some of the signs that were given the spotlight before the cameras show us the commentary team of Matt Striker and D’Lo Brown both dressed to impress. Striker welcomes everyone on Impact Plus to Turning Point where they have a full card of exciting matches. D’Lo agrees saying tonight marks another show for the history books and that he can’t wait to get things started.

SINGLES MATCH

Smith is first out for his match against Black Taurus. The crowd begins to buzz as there is no sign of Crazzy Steve and Black Taurus. The lights begin to flicker much to Smith’s annoyance. Smith asks referee Daniel Spencer what was going on, but he didn’t have the answers. Suddenly, Crazzy Steve’s laugh is heard. Looking behind him, Smith spots Steve and chases after him. When Steve rounds the corner, Taurus surprises Smith with a shoulder tackle. With the advantage on their side, Taurus throws Smith into the ring, allowing referee Daniel Spencer to call for the bell.

Taurus keeps Smith down by using his aerial attacks as well as his strength. In fact, a close two count occurs when Taurus lands a huge springboard crossbody onto Smith for a big impact! Sensing danger, Smith rolls out of the ring, Steve laughs maniacally at Smith, drawing Smith’s ire. Steve goes on to further annoy Smith by squirting water onto Smith coming from the flower pin Steve has on his suit. Deciding enough was enough, Smith chases after Steve once more. When he rounds the corner, he stops, knowing Taurus is probably there lying in wait – and he was right! This time, Smith was ready for it as he launches a big boot that floors Taurus. This allows Smith to connect with a lariat onto Steve followed by a running powerslam right on the ramp.

With the momentum shifting, Smith rolls Taurus back into the ring. After a few European Uppercuts, a well-placed dropkick onto Taurus results in a close two count. While getting Taurus up, Taurus connected with a few forearms to distance himself from Smith. Taurus runs towards the corner with Smith following suit. Reaching the corner, Taurus tries to dodge Smith as he leaps up over Smith. However, Smith catches Taurus on his shoulders. In one forward motion, Smith drops Taurus with the running powerslam for the pinfall victory.

---

Referee Brandon Tolle raises Smith’s in victory. The Nashville crowd giving Smith a good pop for the match he just had. Striker calls Taurus a tough match-up for anyone and if you are able to come away with a victory against him, then you are someone the locker room should be paying attention to. D’Lo comes in saying Smith’s been around for a good while so it isn’t a surprise to him that he was game for this challenge.

We go backstage with the cameras picking up Rich Swann and Willie Mack in their locker room. Swann and Mack are sitting down as Swann begins to wrap his wrist with some tape. Mack has a comb in his hand looking a little uneasy. Mack apologizes to Swann for coming to the ring late. Swann stops Mack from talking any further and says it’s all good and there’s nothing to worry about. Mack tries to apologize again but Swann cuts him off. He tells Mack that they need to focus up so they can finally shut Moose up.

TAG TEAM MATCH

Dez and Shera start the match for their respective teams. In the early going, Dez uses his speed advantage to keep the big guy off guard resulting in several pin attempts that frustrate Shera. However, all it took was one clubbing blow to the back of Dez to turn the favor of the Desi Hit Squad. A series of hard slams onto the mat and an elbow drop combination puts the hurt on Dez. To keep the high flyer grounded, Shera drives his shoulder into Dez’s gut multiple times before tagging in Rohit, who immediately goes for the pin attempt but to no avail.

The next couple of minutes saw the Desi Hit Squad utilizing frequent tags to keep each other fresh, spelling bad news for Dez. To get a little momentum going his way, Dez connects with a boot to Shera’s face when the latter tries to go for a slam in the corner. Shera tries it again and the same result happens. Dez puts Shera in the corner and unloads several punches and kicks onto Shera before rolling over to tag Wentz in. Wentz comes in hot when he connects with a high knee onto Shera. In one motion, he rolls himself and Shera over but not before he superkicks Rohit off the apron. With Shera in the sitting position, Wentz kicks Shera in the chest as if he were kicking a field goal! With the crowd buzzing, Wentz tags Dez back in. Dez stands next to Wentz and in one fluid motion, Wentz readies himself, leaps off the ground into a backflip where Dez pushes him so Wentz connects with a splash onto Shera! The Nashville crowd are amazed at the innovative offense from the Rascalz as they along with Trey on the outside count with referee Daniel Spencer – ONE! TWO THR-NO!

This time, the Rascalz dominate a good portion of the next few minutes with their tag team moves that catch both Shera and Rohit off-guard. However, one move goes awfully awry for the Rascalz when Dez tries for a suicide dive onto Shera. He is caught by Shera and is brought down with a spinebuster onto the floor. Trey goes over to check on Dez but is met with a lariat. He brings Trey to his feet before slamming him down onto the top of the steel steps with a spinebuster – the sound of flesh and steel connecting causes discomfort to a few fans in the front row. Back in the ring, Rohit recovers enough after kicking out of a Wentz swanton bomb. Both Wentz and referee Daniel Spencer are distracted by the shenanigans happening on the outside, allowing Rohit to roll Wentz up with the help of a handful of tights – and it’s enough for the victory.

---

The Desi Hit Squad escape with the victory as Wentz looks on in disbelief. He catches himself and immediately goes to the outside to check on his fellow Rascalz-brethren. The Desi Hit Squad are all smiles standing atop the ramp with their arms raised in victory. D’Lo calls for the medical team to come out and check on Trey. Dez and Wentz have shaken off the match they just lost and are showing concern for Trey. The medical team come out and have to cart Trey out on a stretcher. Striker somberly says they will update us if they get any sort of update on Trey before the night ends.

Switching gears, Gia Miller is with Harry Smith backstage in the interview pit. Gia asks Smith how it feels to get his first victory on Impact Plus against a very game Black Taurus. Smith gave Taurus credit saying he’s one tough son of a gun. However, Smith says he’s looking to do more and by more, he means win championships. He would like an opportunity at the Impact World Championship against the winner of the main event. Before the interview can continue, a laughing Moose enters the fray. Moose tells Smith if he really wants an opportunity at the Impact World Championship, the line starts behind him because he has the Call Your Shot briefcase, allowing him to avail of a World Championship match at any time. He reminds Smith that he beat him for that very briefcase, so Smith has no one to blame but himself. Smith steps up to Moose, telling him that if he entered the Call Your Shot Gauntlet match last just as Moose did, then he would be the owner of that briefcase. Smith proposes Moose put up his briefcase on the line because he knows that when both are at 100%, Smith’s 100% is better than Moose’s. Moose laughs at Smith’s proposal, telling him that’s not how it works. Finally, Moose says he has to get going as he has to get a good seat for the main event just in case an opportunity presents itself. He brushes past Smith’s shoulders, making the big man even more angry.

There cameras are backstage with Gia Miller and her guest, the X-Division Champion, Ace Austin. Gia asks Ace about his match coming up next and how he feels about this first-time match-up against Aero Star. Ace responds saying the plan is always the same – go out there and dominate. He calls Aero Star just another notch on his belt and that it’s a shame because there really aren’t any other challengers for him after Aero Star. Before he can continue, TJP comes into the picture. He said he just came from Borash’s office where he just signed a new, full-time contract with Impact Wrestling. He tells Ace he’ll see him around and good luck on his match against Aero Star. Ace is annoyed beyond belief and it shows on his face as the scene transitions to ringside.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP | SINGLES MATCH

Ace isn’t messing around and it was evident when he started the match with a stiff right hand that rocks Aero Star. Ace gets in position for the crucifix pin but instead, turns into THE CRUCIFIX DRIVER – SPIKING AERO’S HEAD ON THE MAT WHILE HOLDING THE PIN – FOR A CLOSE TWO COUNT. Aero rolls out of the ring to re-group as Ace is fired up, telling the crowd he’s the best. Aero rolls back into the ring to lock up with Ace. However, Aero fools Ace as he goes for a school boy pin but Ace kicks out! This aggravates Ace, who tries for a lariat, but Aero had other plans. He ducks the lariat and runs towards the ropes, leaping off the second rope – and connects with a moonsault that takes Ace out. This time, it’s Ace who rolls out of the ring.

But Aero isn’t letting Ace get any sort of breather. With Ace regrouping outside, Aero connects with a Tope Con Hilo and lands on his feet, much to the joy of the Nashville crowd. After pandering to the crowd, Aero notices Ace is near the steel steps. This prompts Aero to run to the steps and leaping off the top onto Ace – connect with a head scissors take down that flings Ace towards the ramp. The next few moments belongs to Aero, coming up with multiple near falls that frustrates Ace. However, the turning point (ha!) comes when Aero tries to springboard into the ring but Ace kicks his left leg out, causing Aero to fall awkwardly to the outside.

Looking to inflict damage on Aero, Ace gets Aero stuck in the tree of woe and begins putting the boots to Aero, utilizing the referee’s five count. Ace climbs to the top turnbuckle waiting for Aero to turn around. When he does, Ace leaps off for a crossbody but Aero dropkicks him in the gut! Aero wastes no time in getting Ace up and locking hands. He runs towards the ropes and does his theatrics before arm-dragging Ace across the ring. With Ace in the corner, Star hits a running dropkick! Ace rolls out a few feet from the corner and this gives Star an idea. Star makes his way to the top rope and tries for the Shooting Star Press – NO! IT MISSES! Ace rolls to the ring apron and stands to his feet, awaiting Star to get to his feet. As Star is on his knees, Ace springboards to the top rope, his back facing the ring, turning his body into a leg drop to the back of Aero Star’s head! ONE! TWO! THR-NO! Aero Star kicks out!

Both men stay down for a good while and it’s Ace getting up at the count of seven from referee Brandon Tolle. He sees Aero in the corner and goes to him – clocking Aero Star with a roundhouse kick. With Star’s body going limp, Ace sets Star up on the top turnbuckle. He follows suit and drops a few right hands on top of Aero’s head. However, Aero Star shows some fight throwing a few hands of his own. Ace is hanging onto the ropes for dear life. But somehow, he scores a high knee right on Star’s chin, dropping Ace down from the rope. This time, Ace gets into better position, propping both he and Star up on the top turnbuckle. He locks his hands around Aero Star’s head and the pair flip over AND THEY CRASH DOWN ONTO THE MAT – THE SPANISH FLY BY ACE CONNECTING! BUT BOTH MEN ARE HURT AFTER THAT ONE.

Instead of going for a cover, Ace rolls to the corner to use the ropes to aid him in getting to his feet. He lets out a scream and calls for Aero Star to get to his feet. It takes Aero Star a few moments to get back up and as soon as he turns around, Ace connects with The Fold! That’s enough to put Aero Star away for the pinfall victory.

---

After the bell, Ace’s arm is raised in victory by referee Brandon Tolle. He climbs the turnbuckle and raises his X-Division Championship garnering boos from the Nashville crowd. He looks into the cameras and questions who his next challenger will be, even going so far as to tell the Impact GM to send his best after him.

The cameras go backstage spotting the Cowboy, James Storm, doing a few stretches. In between those stretches, he downs a few gulps of beer before getting back to doing stretches.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP | SINGLES MATCH

Taya Valkyrie has a lot to be mad about with Jordynne after she took out her associate in John E. Bravo by spiking him with a piledriver on the ramp last week. With experience on her side and a rage unlike any other, Taya channels all that to get the early advantage on Jordynne. Despite being the stronger of the two, Taya uses her own strength to inflict damage onto Jordynne via a couple of German Suplexes and an impressive rope-assisted Vertical Suplex that got her a nearfall.

Taya kicks Jordynne out of the ring and shouts to the crowd, mocking them for cheering for Jordynne. Taya goes out of the ring and positions Jordynne near the steel steps. Taya scores with a knee to Jordynne’s face that rocks her. Taya screams at the front row seat fans that this is what happens when you mess with Wera Loca before proceeding to land a hip attack onto Jordynne, who collides with the steel steps! Referee Daniel Spencer immediately goes to check on Jordynne while Taya is in the center of the ring laughing at her handiwork. The cameras pick up referee Daniel Spencer asking Jordynne if she’s able to continue. Yes is the answer from Jordynne, telling the referee to give her a couple of seconds to recover.

But Taya has plans to retain her title right here. She goes to pick Jordynne up and throw her back into the ring. Jordynne crawls to a corner, looking to find her wits about her but Taya delivers some kicks to Jordynne’s side. With Jordynne down in the corner, Taya rears back – and connects with a hip attack! And another! And another! But this time, it’s double knees right to Jordynne’s face. Taya does a little dance before hooking the leg – for a nearfall. Jordynne is trying her best to get to her feet in the corner, pushing Taya away multiple times. But after a kick to the gut, Jordynne doubles over as Taya backs away to admonish the crowd once more. Taya runs full speed at Jordynne, but she eats a boot from Jordynne! With what strength she had left, Jordynne runs Taya to the opposite corner and throws her shoulder-first into the steel ring post!

Taya now being in the corner allows Jordynne to connect with a running clothesline! She repeats this lariat onto Taya three more times before Taya sits down in the corner. That’s not where you want to be against Jordynne as she runs the ropes and lands a running back elbow on Taya, dazing the Knockouts Champion. More importantly for Jordynne, she gets momentum on her side. Taya tries to find her footing but runs into a German Suplex. Jordynne drags Taya back to the corner before backing up. She runs over Taya and jumps onto the second rope – SPLASH ONTO TAYA! SHE FOLLOWS THIS UP RUNNING FORWARD AND LANDS A BACK SPLASH! HERE’S THE PIN – ONE! TWO! THREE! NO! TAYA KICKS OUT AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND!

Jordynne asks referee Daniel Spencer if he was sure that was only a two count, to which he answers yes. Jordynne turns her attention back to Taya, who is in the corner. This time, Taya is ready for her as she lands a loud chop onto Jordynne. And another! And another! Since Taya was already in the corner, she decided to stand on the second rope. As Jordynne turns around, she lands a missile dropkick onto Jordynne! But she wasn’t done there. Taya would run to the opposite corner closest to Jordynne and get to the top turnbuckle. She leaps off and connects with a moonsault onto Jordynne, hooking her outside leg – ONE! TWO! THR- NO! Taya let’s out of a scream, not believing Jordynne was able to kick out of that.

Taya immediately goes on the offensive, picking Jordynne up. She hooks both arms behind Jordynne and lifts her, looking for her Road to Valhalla finisher. While in the air, Jordynne has enough strength to counter it into a pin attempt – no! She rolls through and kicks Taya on the side of the head! In a showcase of her strength, Jordynne carried the lifeless body of Taya onto the top turnbuckle, setting her up for the muscle buster. She cradles Taya, folding her in half, before dropping her with muscle buster! However, as the set up was happening, the crowd was buzzing – only to find Bravo is now at ringside with a neck brace. As soon as Jordynne drops Taya with the muscle buster, she goes for the pin! But Bravo is there to put Taya’s leg on the bottom rope right in front of Jordynne’s as he calls to referee Daniel Spencer to stop the count.

Furious as ever, Jordynne chases after Bravo, who doesn’t make it very far. She rips Bravo’s neck brace off and has him by his shirt collar. She looks to the crowd and they are cheering, seemingly knowing Jordynne’s next move. She hooks Bravo’s arms behind – looking for the Grace Driver! But Taya is able to make it in time with some clubbing blows to the back of Jordynne. With that distraction from Bravo, Taya is able to throw Jordynne into the steel steps with such force that Jordynne knocks off the top steel step from it’s position. She proceeds to throw Jordynne back into the ring. She hooks Jordynne’s arms behind her, lifting her up, before sending her crashing down with the Road to Valhalla for the pinfall victory to retain her Knockouts Championship.

---

Taya is feeling the effects from that match as she stays on the mat for a few seconds. When referee Daniel Spencer came to give her her title, she sat up and got to her feet. She went to the corner to climb the ropes, posing for the crowd, letting everyone know she’s still the Knockouts Champion. She exits the ring and Bravo is waiting for her atop the ramp. They share a hug before Bravo raises Taya’s hand in victory. D’Lo calls the Bravo interference a travesty. Striker says the crowd were really into that match and suggests he would love to see a rematch between the two knockouts.

The mood turns somber as Striker has an update on Trey. He informs us that Trey was taken to the local hospital for further treatment. The good news is that he was able to pass the doctor's initial test of moving his extremities without any problems. For now, that's the latest update on Trey.

IMPACT WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP | TAG TEAM MATCH
    The North vs. Rob Van Dam and Rhino

Surprisingly, RVD starts the match for his team while Josh starts for The North. RVD matches Josh move for move, leaving Josh shocked. In fact, RVD points to the left ankle that the North targeted a few weeks back, showing the North that he’s good to go for this match. Josh can only offer a smirk before tagging in Page. As soon as they lock up, Page scores a go behind and immediately chop blocks the back of RVD’s left knee. Page points to his head, signaling how smart he is for this strategy.

For the next few minutes, the North would do everything in their power to take out the left leg of RVD, garnering some near falls in the process. Frustrated, Page resorted to trying something different – going to the top rope. Page was looking to hit a dropkick from the top rope, but RVD dodges it at the last second. Page tries to get up immediately, but RVD greets him with a kick right on the kisser – leaving both men down.

Rhino and Josh both get tagged in – and RHINO CONNECTS WITH THE GORE! ONE! TWO! NO! Rhino is fired up after that, getting back on the attack. Being the more powerful halves of their teams, it was Rhino that shows off his strength when he hit Josh with multiple suplexes – of the standard, german, and belly-to-belly variety. Seeing Page get back on the apron, Rhino delivers an elbow that knocks Page back down. Rhino turns his attention back to Josh but is kick in the gut followed by clubbing blows to the lower back of Rhino. Page is back on the apron again and makes the tag. Josh whips Rhino out of the corner but pulls him back to throw Rhino right into a high elbow from Page! Page taunts RVD, who just made it back up on the apron. Page positions Rhino on the second rope, draping him over. This is when Page runs the ropes and connects with a knee to the lower back of Rhino! With the referee admonishing Page in the ring, Josh kicks Rhino on the side of the head before Page goes for a pin that goes for two.

Looking to slow down the pace, Josh is tagged in and tries a million and one holds. However, Rhino finds enough strength to power out of a simple head hold by connect with a back suplex on Josh. But he keeps the hold on! Rhino fought out of it again. This time, Rhino throws Josh across the ring and on the rebound, Rhino connects with another gore! He goes for the pin but it’s broken up by Page! Now RVD and Page get the tag and it’s the team of RVD and Rhino who get the advantage here. RVD starts it off by scoring with a drop toe-hold on Page, his face smacking the mat. Rolling Thunder to the back of Page! RVD began to drag Page to the corner and put some boots into him for good measure. He readies himself and jumps onto the top turnbuckle – SCORING WITH A SPLIT-LEGGED MOONSAULT! THE PIN IS IN – BUT ONLY FOR TWO! RVD doesn’t wait though, he goes to the outside and readies himself on the apron. He springboards and hits Josh with a heel kick, sending him to the floor! This time, he’s back in the ring and tries a kick but Page catches his boot. RVD turns inside out and connects with a boot to the chin of Page.

The crowd begins buzzing because RVD signals for his finisher. In one motion, he leaps to the top turnbuckle. He does his usual schtick but that proves costly as Josh holds onto RVD’s left leg and eventually throws him off the top rope. Rhino pulls Josh off the apron and throws him onto the barricade. With Rhino running back to his side to get the tag, he waits for Page to get to his feet. As Page gets to his feet and turns around, Rhino comes running full speed – BUT PAGE IS READY AND KICKS RHINO IN THE CHEST! For good measure, Page thumbs Rhino in the eye. On the outside, Josh has RVD on his shoulders and throws him onto the barricade. On the rebound, Josh hooks RVD’s arms and drops him with a piledriver! He gets back on the apron and immediately tags in. With Rhino trying to regain his eyesight, the North hit more clubbing blows to the back of Rhino. After a good thirty seconds of blows to his back, Josh has Rhino in a torture rack. He’s looking to break Rhino’s back after a few crunches! Moments later, Josh throws Rhino over his head onto Page, who smashes Rhino down with a spinebuster – and that’s enough for Josh to get the ONE – TWO – THREE!

---

Page dusts off his hands after the job well done with the North’s win. Referee Daniel Spencer hands them their titles as the North have their hands raised. D’Lo says the North keep getting more and more impressive each time they win. Striker calls the North a well-oiled machine and questions if there are any teams on Impact that can beat them when they’re at their best because right now, we haven’t seen the North at their best yet – and that should be a scary sight for the rest of the Impact locker room.

Swann puts his goggles on, ready for their match coming up next. A knock on the door is heard and in comes Impact General Manager, Jeremy Borash, solemnly looking at Swann. Borash informs Swann that the medical team has not cleared Mack to wrestle tonight. He says the medical team wanted to do a last-minute check on Mack and he couldn’t pass their tests – therefore, Mack can’t compete tonight. Swann is irate. He asks Borash what’s going to happen with their match up next. Borash tells Swann he can cancel the match right now if that’s what he wants. Swann gives it a thought, biting on his lip before telling Borash he wants the match to go on. Borash responds with a nod of confidence, leaving Swann thinking if he made the right decision.

HANDICAP MATCH
    Chris Bey and Moose vs. Rich Swann

Moose and Bey are eager to get things going knowing Swann is all alone in this match. They would make use of frequent tags, keeping each other fresh, keeping Swann from getting any momentum. Moose and Bey worked well together for a team that is teaming for the first time. They showed excellent chemistry pulling off a few tag team moves – most notably a combo where Moose hit a vicious clothesline up top while Bey dove at Swann’s legs, but was only enough for a two count.

Moose and Bey took turns berating Swann, blaming him for Mack’s absence. Every time Swann gets something going, Moose or Bey had the answer to slow him down. However, a mis-timed splash by Moose in the corner allowed Swann to recover. Moose tagged Bey and as soon as he ran at Swann, he is greeted with a dropkick right on the kisser. This allowed Swann to recover once again. Finally building momentum, Swann let out his frustrations with rights and left onto Bey. While in the corner, Swann ran towards Bey and flipped him over with a monkey flip that threw Bey to the other side of the ring. With the momentum propelling him forward, Bey would make it to his feet. Groggily looking Swann’s way, Swann would handspring off the ropes – Cutter! Moose breaks it up! NO! Swann was aware of this as Moose connected with a splash onto Bey. Moose got up and turned around – right into a superkick, falling onto Bey.

With the crowd willing him on, Swann climbed the top rope. PHOENIX SPLASH! He covers both his opponents – NO! THEY BOTH KICK OUT AT TWO AND A HALF! Moose rolled out of the ring, allowing Swann to focus his attack on Bey. Swann gets Bey to his feet and connected with one jab, two jabs, three jabs, four, five of them! He bounces off the ropes, does a little dance, and puts all his force against a lariat that turns Bey inside out – but only gets a near fall once more. Swann climbed the top rope again, seemingly looking to hit the Phoenix Splash. However, Moose gets on the apron and pushes Swann off the top turnbuckle where a loud thud is here as Swann’s chest hits the barricade.

The Nashville crowd is raining down boos on Moose. Referee Brandon Tolle went out to check on Swann. In the ring, Moose dragged Bey to his corner. Seeing the referee still attending to Swann, Moose began shouting at the referee to get back in the ring. The referee refused as it seems Swann is really hurting. Moose showed no remorse and instead began putting the boots right onto Swann before throwing him back in the ring. Moose tagged himself in, setting up in the corner opposite of Swann. The cameras pick up Moose again blaming Swann for what happened to Mack, telling him he’ll put Swann away so he can be right by his buddy’s side. As soon as Swann turned around, Moose ran like a freight train towards him. SPEAR! NO! Swann side-steps Moose, causing Moose to run shoulder first into the ring post. With Moose coming out of the corner, Swann ran towards the ropes and did a handspring on the rebound – and connects with CUTTER! Just as Swann was going to make the cover – Bey suddenly appears in the picture as he soars high above to connect with the LEG DROP TO THE BACK OF SWANN’S NECK! THE BEYMOUSER CONNECTS! Bey motions for Moose to get recover quicker. After a few moments, Moose is able to make it to the corner and positions himself. Moose is irate, calling Swann a SOB and demanding him to get up. Swann gets to his feet – all spaghetti-legged. When he turns out – MOOSE CONNECTS WITH A SPEAR TURNING SWANN INSIDE OUT! And that’s enough for the pinfall victory.

---

Moose and Bey are all smiles after hearing the bell. Moose goes over to Swann, screaming at him, asking Swann who he thinks he is trying to step up to Moose. Moose would kick Swann out of the ring, demanding referee Brandon Tolle raise their hands again in victory.

Meanwhile, the commentary team give their takes on the match that just happened. D’Lo calls Swann’s effort a valiant one. Striker questions Mack’s sudden medical emergency, asking if Mack had this planned from the beginning, forcing Swann to go at this match alone. The cameras picking up D’Lo shocked at what Striker is suggesting.

Switching gears, Strikers informs us about the next time we’re going to be live on Impact Plus.

FINAL RESOLUTION
    ––
    – LIVE ON IMPACT PLUS
    December 21, 2019

Impact World Champion, Sami Callihan and his group of bandits, Madman Fulton and Jake Crist, collectively known as oVe are backstage in a dimly lit area of the studio. With the Impact World Title draped over his shoulder, Sami asks his group if they are clear on the objective tonight. He reminds that that he is not Impact World Champion but THEY are Impact World Champion. So long as the title stays on Sami’s shoulder, this belongs to everyone. Sami holds out the title for them to touch with their hands as Fulton and Crist reply with sinister smiles on their faces. Sami leads them out of the camera’s view, but not before saying they have a cowboy to get rid of.

IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | SINGLES MATCH

The cameras show the side of the ring that oVe have chosen to post at. In the ring, the bell rings and the two combatants are badmouthing each other. After a middle finger to the face, Storm pops Callihan with a right that backs him up. He follows this up with a clothesline over the top rope but Fulton and Crist are able to catch Sami before any damage is done. Sami smiles and thanks his brethren while referee Brandon Tolle admonishes him to get back in the ring.

The early stages of the match was slow, even for these two, as Sami rolls out of the ring multiple times to reset, causing frustration to Storm. Tired of his games, Storm chases Callihan, who ends up hiding behind Fulton and Crist. That doesn’t stop Storm though as he runs between them, brushing shoulders with Fulton and Crist, finally landing a punch on Sami. Fulton and Crist were looking to pounce but referee Brandon Tolle reminds them not to get involved. Getting back in the ring, Storm whips Sami but Sami reverses it. On the rebound, Storm knocks Sami down with a double axe handle to the face followed by an elbow drop for a two count. Storm gets Sami up to his feet and throws him in the corner. When Storm runs at Sami, Sami throws Storm over the top rope but the Cowboy lands on the apron and connects with a kick to the back of Sami’s head. Immediately, Storm returns to the ring and hits the Last Call superkick! NO! Sami drops down and out of the ring, garnering boos from the Nashville crowd.

Fulton climbs onto the apron to badmouth Storm. With the Cowboy distracted, Sami goes on the offensive with a clubbing blow to the back of Storm. The next few minutes belong to Sami as he made use of dirty tactics such as eye gouges, choking Storm in the corner, tilizing the referee’s five count, pulling on Storm’s hair to stop his momentum, and even going so far as to bite Storm on the forehead. Many instances, the cameras catch Sami proud of what he has done to Storm so far. With Storm back on his feet, Sami tries to whip him into the corner, but Storm reverses it. Storm follows suit but Sami shows his athleticism by leaping over Storm. When Sami landed on his feet, Storm hits THE LAST CALL SUPERKICK! ONE! TWO! THRE-NO! With both men down, it isn’t until the count of eight that Storm is the first to get up. Sami follows almost immediately as the two meet in the middle of the ring. They begin trading blows. Boos for Sami. Cheers for Storm. But again, an eye gouge gives Sami the advantage. He tries for a clothesline but Storm ducks and lands a backstabber on Sami! Here’s the pin – ONE! TWO! THR-NO!

Sami rolls out once again, much to the chagrin of the Cowboy. This time, it’s Crist who steps up to the Cowboy but Storm isn’t having any of it as he pushes Crist away. When Crist steps up to him again, the Cowboy kicks the taste of out Crist’s mouth! However, Storm made a mistake taking his eyes off Sami. Sami kicks Storm in the gut and hoists him up before throwing him down with a powerbomb onto the ring apron! The Cowboy screams in agony from the pain. Looking to capitalize, Sami throws Storm in. Sami capitalizes on the damage he’s done as he throws Storm hard towards the corner and Storm is floored as soon as his back connects with the turnbuckles. Sami completes throwing Storm into each corner, each time causing more and more damage. After the final corner, Sami gets Storm to his feet and connects with a buckle bomb! On the rebound, Sami hoists Storm up and drops him down with a brainbuster! SURELY THIS IS IT! ONE! TWO! THREE! – NO! Storm somehow kicks out!

With Sami in full control, he begins to throw some hands with Storm not being able to respond. Sami begins telling Storm he’s washed and that he’s about to put him away. Sami attempts a discus lariat but Storm kicks it away and this time, connects with Last Call Superkick! Before he’s able to pin, Sami rolls towards the apron. Storm follows him gingerly and the two are now punching at one another on the apron. With Fulton and Crist looking over behind Sami, the Impact World Champions tries a lariat but Storm ducks underneath it and connects with the Last Call Superkick once again! It causes Sami to fall through the second rope and back into the ring. With Storm remaining on the apron, Fulton and Crist get closer towards Storm and that’s when referee Brandon Tolle pokes his head out of the ring to warn oVe not to get involved. Fulton protests and extends the conversation with Tolle. This allows enough time for Sami to recover. With the referee still busy with Fulton, Sami hits a low blow on Storm! Sami brings Storm back into the ring and walks him to the center. With Storm’s head between his legs, Sami screams “thumbs up – thumbs down!” making the motion with his hand before picking him up and grabbing behind Storm’s knees. SAMI JUMPS A LITTLE TO SPIKE STORM’S HEAD DOWN WITH THE PACKAGE PILEDRIVER! AND THE PIN IS GOOD FOR THE ONE! TWO! THREE!

---

After the match, Sami does a little bow for the crowd as they rain down the heaviest of boos of the night towards him. Crist hands him the Impact World title before standing to Sami’s side and Fulton fills the other side. Together, they pose with their arms held high in victory. D’Lo says oVe is a force to be reckoned with and he sees no one who can stop them any time soon. Striker says as much as he doesn’t like agreeing with D’Lo, he can’t argue with D’Lo’s statement. Striker sends us home by thanking everyone for tuning into Turning Point on Impact Plus and says to be sure to tune in on Tuesday for Impact on AXS TV to see all the fallout from Turning Point.

---

Quick Results
    Spoiler:

Harry Smith def. Black Taurus
    The Desi Hit Squad def. The Rascalz
    Ace Austin (c) def. Aero Star to RETAIN the X-Division Championship
    Taya Valkyrie (c) def. Jordynne Grace to RETAIN the Knockouts Championship
    The North (c) def. Rhino and Rob Van Dam to RETAIN the Impact World Tag Team Championships
    Chris Bey and Moose def. Rich Swann
    Sami Callihan (c) def. James Storm to RETAIN the Impact World Championship

Jam's Note: My first PPV, or well, it's technically an Impact Plus special, is finally here! I'm pumped to have this posted for you guys. Now I can move onto other stories and get a head start writing the weekly shows. I want to thank all of you who made predictions. It is truly appreciated. This is how Impact Plus specials will be formatted. Once we reach the "big four" PPVs of Impact, then that's probably where I'll go a little more ham with these shows. Thank you again to Role Model for the awesome graphics! They really bring the show together. I hope you all enjoy!
    Last edited by Jam; Yesterday at 12:11 AM.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Still mad at myself for not posting predictions but I have been lurking in the background and keeping up to date with this project. Massive well done for making it to your first PPV, may there be many more to come!

Small touch but I love the description of the crowd signs, you just don't get to see them that much anymore but it's such an old-school trope that I appreciate. Once again, I love the graphics for this, kudos Role Model!

Smith going over Black Taurus felt like the natural decision, although I do like that you've made Taurus feel like a threat and a credible opponent. I still think that in defeat Black Taurus can be used as a special attraction with the right build but Smith has so much history and talent that it would be ludicrous for him to lose his first PPV match. I liked Smith's no nonsense approach, not having any time for the antics of Decay (who I love as heels, please play into this more, the visual of Steve using the flower pin and laughing manically was brilliant!). The Running Powerslam always felt a bit awkward as a finish for me, I get why he uses it, but I always found it more of a transitional move - that's more of a general comment than a criticism. I also like the fact that while Smith is new to Impact, he's not being poised as the D.H. Smith we met in WWE all those years again, he's honed his craft and he's more than capable of holding his own.

More uneasy tension for Rich Swann and Willie Mack, I don't know if Swann is being passive aggressive or just trying to save his friend's face. A nice little bit of potential foreshadowing...

This match got me! I was fully expecting The Rascalz to win here - they're young, they're talented, they're over and Desi Hit Squad have always been booked inconsistently (IRL). The spot with Trey Miguel/Shera and the steel steps was really visceral. Desi Hit Squad win with the roll-up and the handful of tights, so The Rascalz don't look weakened by the loss but I was interested by the post-match action. I actually really enjoy The Rascalz as a trio, I felt that real-life were doing a kinda New Day booking of saying they were 'together' but booking them as a separate parts. Trey seems destined to be written off, so maybe you're going the same route, although I initially read that they were showing 'no concern' for Trey and thought they were turning heel! Totally glad you didn't do that as they work far too well as babyfaces to change that anytime soon.

I assume there was a break in between because Gia Miller was firing our these interviews. Moose interrupting Smith was interesting and I think he added prestige to the Call Your Shot briefcase, which is rarely done in all the times it has existed. Also I love that you're using the match as a way to plant new seeds, create tensions etc. Moose ducking the challenge is a typical heel move but I didn't mind it so much here as at least he gave an excuse before making a hasty exit. I like how you portray Smith but he does have a very irritable undertone about him, he's not stocked well on tolerance.

The Ace Austin interview was pretty plain and simple, TJP signing a new contract intrigued me, he's definitely a talent that could be used better in real life. Ace's star is far too bright to be losing to someone who isn't a full-time roster member (or is he in this project?). I love that you're experimenting with different talent, obviously Aero Star has had stints before and I prefer that you're not using the X-Division for endless multi-person matches - there's a time and a place for it, in my opinion. However, Austin wins after quite a competitive match and I can only assume that TJP is next on the scene? Using Austin to comment on all the people he's beaten and how he's running out of challengers also paves the way to introduce some new faces, which I'm excited for as it'll really make the project feel like its own thing.

Short little comedy skit with Storm. I'm not too sure on his workout routine but I'm sure the crowd would love it.

I predicted Taya winning but I think Jordynne is someone who could easily be revisited down the road, I know she's a former champion in her own right but I feel that in the past year, she's really improved from that first run. Taya at this point has had the belt for so long, it's similar to Ace, where challengers are running out. I know you're building Kiera and Shotzi, Tay had a guest spot so I can see some younger talent coming in, I just don't know where we go from here. Bravo also playing a difference maker, which is where he sits best, far away from casinos or love angles.

I'm a big fan of The North, seeing Page on AEW with Scorpio Sky pains me a little each time (although Josh Alexander has done pretty well for himself as a solo star). I'm really happy they retained here, I think they've still got a few big matches left in them before they go their separate ways. Rhino and RVD was a nice little bit of nostalgia and I'm also surprised that this match was so competitive but it really helps the challengers look good, even in defeat. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing this tandem continue but I also liked heel RVD and it does feel like Rhino is just waiting for Heath to come back, which I wonder how you'll deal with. So does DHS now take on The North? An interesting thought, though not sure if that's one I'd consider as a big match.

I actually liked the swerve with Mack not being cleared to wrestle, it would've been easy to announce it during the ring entrances or at the start of the match but I appreciate the touch of realism with Borash breaking the news. I'm actually surprised we had heard from everyone in the match but Chris Bey, I find he often gets placed in a sidekick role so I'm hoping you can steer him away from that as he's pretty underrated IMO. I'm glad that you didn't go for a surprise partner or Mack trying to get involved anyway or even a turn, I think the fact that Mack wasn't there physically is enough to play on Swann's mind and build towards a heel turn rather than a post-match attack. I think what I like most is that both men have grounds to turn on each other, Mack has been shifty but Swann's been messed about, it feels like a stand-off and I'm really excited to see how it plays out. Overall, good stuff! Moose leaves the match looking great, Bey continues to grow and in losing, Swann still has my interest.

Sami is "The Draw" for a reason, I think that he embodies what Impact does so well in building up these big characters, who may not be your traditional World Champion picks. Storm obviously represents the old guard and I'm surprised he went for NWA rather than Impact IRL - I feel like you need him in this project just to keep a sense of TNA around. I think there were some good spots, I especially enjoyed Callihan biting Storm! But I think you made the right decision, it feels too early to take the belt from Sami and as much as I like Storm still being treated as a star at this stage of his career, I think he'd need a lot more momentum for me to fully get behind him. The interference saves Storm from looking too weak - a very heel based event when you look back at it! Commentary obviously mention the dominance of OVE to get the reader guessing who could match them, at this point you've got some good contenders in Harry Smith and Moose but I don't see them near that main event spot just yet - there clearly needs to be some balance/neutralisation of OVE but I can't think of anyone, especially with The Rascalz down to two members - new talent maybe?

Well done on a successful first PPV, I think you've already made this era your own but it's usually after the first PPV where you can see people's long-term storylines and changes coming through. I think there's plenty to look forward to on this, so keep up the great content.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

To reiterate what Looking Glass already said, the crowd signs are a nice little touch and just adds a bit more as we head into the PPV.

Harry Smith over Black Taurus is the right decision, and it's a well-done big man versus big man match, which I'm sure would be great in real life. I like the mix of styles, Black Taurus is a big guy and very agile, Harry Smith is more power reliant and technical. A good mix of styles for the opener.

What's been up with Willie Mack and Rich Swann? Seems like he's been off and I wouldn't be surprised if some shenanigans take place later on..

Like the quick tagging in and out for Desi Hit Squad, heels already cutting the ring in half. I'm not really sold on Shera & Rohit Raju but they easily have the potential for you to make them an entertaining duo. Rascalz work well together to put the big man down, and Rascalz pull something crzy out to wow the crowd, good stuff. I was hoping for a Rascalz win, but not surprised they lost. Trey being attacked and hurt guarantees this feud continues, so I'm interested what comes next..

Like the exchange between Moose & Harry Smith, Moose brushes off Harry Smith and may even be a little intimidted.. Moose mentions the main event, he very well could call his shot there, but I don't expect it, not tonight at least.

Routine heel interview for Ace Austin. TJP debuting is something. The guy is a tool, but he's a damn good wrestler so I'll give him that.

The first truly quick paced match of the night starts fast as expected. A lot of momentum shifts between Ace Austin and Aero Star, and it's paced well towards the end after little breather at the beginning, so I liked that. Ace Austin picks up the victory with The Fold as expected, and still X-Division Champion!

Taya has to go alone in this match, so I'm interested in how this turns out, unless Taya pulls out some cheap tactics at the end. Taya is the one showcasing her power at te start, and stays in firm control. Nice comeback from Jordynne after a beatdown, and despite being in control, she looks vulnerable and Taya's early dominance shows she is champion for a very clear reason. This is a really fun match, i'll admit. John E Bravo gets involved though, and a great match is ended with some shenanigans as Taya retains. Jordynne looks strong which is great, and Taya is just barely able to escape Grace as I assume a rematch comes in the future. Very very good work.

Early on in the tag match, I like RVD one-upping Page in the early goings. Good tag work from The North as they work RVD down. Rhino is in and he immediately hits the Gore! Imagine if that was it.. It's a good tag match with RVD hitting his greatest hits, and Rhino trying to overpower The North. Thumb to the eye of Rhino, piledriver to RVD, and The North have isolated Rhino to finish him off and win the match. Wonder whose next for them?

A last minute check for Willie Mack and he's out of the match?! What's really going on here, though? Looks like Swann is going a two on one, which'll be something..

I love Moose & Bey constantly tagging out, just beating down Rich Swann. Swann is struggling here, and is outmatched. Swann finally getting the upper hand and having the crowd behind him is nice to see, even if it's clear that it won't last long. Swann does have the chance to put it away with another Phoenix Splash, but nope! Moose is there! Gotta remember it's a two on one handicap match, this won't come easy for Swann. Swann puts up a great fight, but it's just too much for him as Moose gets the pin, and both Moose & Bey look good. And to an extent, Swann looks good as well.

Main event time, and of course, Sami is stalling in the early goings. I like the presence of oVe that you've written in here, Sami is willing to hide behind them and take his time to try and get the edge over Storm. The action finally gets going, and Storm hits the Last Call and Sami falls out the ring. Maybe it's just me, considering I don't really watch Rhino or James Storm wrestle nowadays, but it MIGHT be heading to overkill on these early finishers. Aside from that, we progress into the match and Sami is cheating. I love that Sami is using anything and everything to his advantage in this match. Storm hits the Last Call again, only for a two count, and he remains down after the match, presumably cause he's tired. Fair. Maybe third time's a charm for the Last Call, though! Some decent back and forth action before we jump right back into oVe reversal. Sami's opponents are definitely going to invest in having some friends on standby, cause jeez. Sami takes control for awhile, but Storm DOES get the third Last Call, but Sami rolls out, again! When will he get him down in the middle of the ring? Not that it matters, cause they're on the apron right now. Sami tries to put Storm out and gets dropped with the Last Call for a fourth time! Personally just me, I don't think the move needed to be hit that many times but I may be missing out on the story you're trying to tell here. oVe finally get involved in terms of distracting the ref, and Sami low blows Storm. Brings him into the ring and the piledriver gets him the win. Not a bad match and Sami's status as a sneaky, snarmy heel was established here, but it felt a bit weak for the world title match, compared to some of the other matches on the card. I wouldn't be surprised if Storm is in line for another title shot after all that BS, but I don't think Callihan will be thrilled with that.

Great first PPV, though! A few things need to be worked out, but that was a lot of fun to read and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Hi.

Status

Glad to see the PPV/Special posted. In all the time we’ve known each other, I think this is the first PPV I’ve ever read from you, so better late than never! Loving the Turning Point pun in the opening paragraph. Harry Smith felt the logical decision in going over in the opening match – feels like he has a much higher ceiling. The ending seemed very fun, and I’ve been a fan of the Running Powerslam if done right.

Nice little segment between Swann and Mack, continuing some of the tension from previous shows. As you know, I’ve recently started watching IMPACT so it’s good to finally be able to understand who these people are! Seemed like the tag match between The Rascalz and Desi Hit Squad was your run of the mill tag match with the typical tag formula until nearing the end. The suicide dive into the spinebuster was an amazing spot, followed by another spinebuster, this time on the steel steps. Surprising result, but it made sense and with the spots at the end, very much enjoyed it.

Good interview with Smith, cementing his victory from earlier and staking claim to the IMPACT Title as he should. I wasn’t familiar with the Call your Shot briefcase but good to see it’s being showcased a bit. I’ll admit it seemed a bit awkward without something in between the two interviews. I’ll assume a video or something from the commentary team happened before the Gia interview with Ace Austin. The interview itself was decent. I do think it does kind of telegraph that Austin would win tonight, but that’s a small thing. Interesting to see you bring in TJP if that is the case. He has history with the X-Division and IMPACT as TNA so good to bring in someone with credibility.

Good match between Austin and Star. I’d probably have thought this would have been a decent opening match over Smith and Black Taurus match, meaning you could have had the interview after the match where TJP would appear, so it wouldn’t have telegraphed the outcome of the title match as much. Liked the aftermath with Austin telling whoever to come for the belt. Nice little segment with James Storm, a decent buffer between the matches.

More interested in what’s going to happen now with the Knockouts division with Taya winning. I assume Shotzi is in the running for an opportunity soon because I can tell you’re a fan. We’ve discussed my thoughts on Josh Alexander after watching IMPACT recently. I didn’t think Rhino and RVD were the team to dethrone them, even if they are technically legends in IMPACT.

Awful timing for the medical check – logically it would have been done at the start of the night, but it makes for good TV with the last-minute announcement. After the announcement of Mack being unable to compete, Swann was never going to win but he did have a good showing. Enjoyable main event as well – I didn’t think Storm would win but good to see one of the older IMPACT wrestlers still showing they can go.

The PPV itself was quite enjoyable. I did think some of the matches were a bit predictable, but I’m really excited to see where you go from here. For a first PPV, I thought it was great and it’ll only build from here. Looking forward to the next show!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information