Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise

Opening with Grace and Shotzi? Awesome. I’m all for it. The match write up was pretty logical, with the power playing a big part, until Shotzi managed to work on the arm. Your women situation has been a bit iffy in the previous few weeks, but I definitely think you righted the ship here in a sense. Shotzi still looks terrific going that long with Grace, whilst Grace rightfully becomes the number one contender.

With that being said, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the aftermath here. I’m okay with Taya being out and the war of words before she brushed past Grace was all well and good. However, Taya attacking Shotzi makes sense to get one back on the eager youngster’s confidence last week, but it doesn’t make sense for Grace to just not do anything about it. She let herself get brushed past and disrespected, and then just allowed Taya to beat up on poor old Shotzi. It doesn’t seem like something Grace would just allow to happen, especially after her heated words with the champ. And now weirdly enough, it still feels like Taya has more heat with Shotzi, even though Grace is the credible and upcoming title challenger.

The North being smug with Rhino because they’ve momentarily taken out his partner works. The match tonight will do what it needs to in terms of providing some screen time for this angle heading into Turning Point.

This Borash/Austin stuff continues to simmer along which I’m enjoying so far. Ace shows his first signs of real frustration this week which I like, and the threatening to sue is such an over the top heel thing. It just works. Aero Star is not somebody I expected but is another name with some quality behind it. I completely expect Ace to retain yet again, but I’m enjoying this angle so far.

Jake leaving but on a somewhat good note for now is interesting. I expect this to change at some point but I like the way you’re going about it here. I must admit I don’t think I’ve ever heard two guys talking about “cancelling” their tag team before. For some reason, that made me laugh. I’m definitely intrigued by who Cody could be calling after that conversation. Nice work here.

I’m all in on another win for Smith as you continue to build him up. The Crazzy Steve promo announcing the return of Decay, leading to the attack from Black Taurus was all solid enough. Nothing AMAZING here but it’s not supposed to be. A perfectly okay first angle for Smith to be involved in. Hopefully we see some fire from him now after being attacked.

The Rascalz trying to get back on track was good. As much as these guys can go, they are consistently used for comedy which is fine, but a somewhat serious edge to them could be a nice addition. The attack from the Desi Hit Squad works as a quick heat build which I’m okay with.

Smith/Taurus at Turning Point? Cool.

Tay Conti? You’re a man after my heart. Unfortunately for Tay, she was always jobbing here. The champ needs to look good before her next defence which she does. I’m torn on the aftermath here. As a stand alone angle, I really enjoyed Grace getting her hands on Bravo, it works well. My issue kind of just relates back to the opening. If she was so hell bent on getting back at them at some point, why’d she just leave Taya to do what she wanted with Shotzi? Still though, this as a stand alone piece is great, and it’s always a lot of a fun when a power woman destroys a man in wrestling.

Sami wanting to do it on his own is interesting. Not sure if this will go anywhere or mean anything, but I’m keeping it in my memory just in case.

I guess considering Sami’s standing in the company this can still be considered a rub of sorts for Mack? A solid match and I’m okay with Sami getting the win here. OVE running out afterwards to attack, only to be thwarted by Swann and a kendo stick is solid enough. No issues here.

Conti in a potential match with Kiera Hogan? I know you’re booking this for me lol. Conti getting some mic time would have been a nice way to introduce her to the audience and showing that she’ll be more than just an enhancement talent. The attitude from Hogan was portrayed well and looking forward to seeing this one develop. Nice work. A hint of some nice promo writing with Hogan’s mannerisms down pat too.

Another week of Moose continuing to stir some shit between Mack and Swann, and it continues to be entertaining. Good stuff brewing here.

I honestly thought RVD would just have the night off so you swerved me at least. Nice work here with Rhino/RVD finally getting the upper hand. Makes sense to do this heading into the PPV itself. I know it’s not technically a PPV but I’m going to refer to it as one because it’s easier.

The whole “one last run” bit with James Storm promo was sold well.

Storm/Moose is a solid enough main event. Booked well enough as well with Moose being protected, even though we all knew he was about to lose. Bey helping out Moose only for Mack and Swann to appear was fine, and the OVE appearance flows in well with the aftermath of the earlier match as well. If I had one concern here it’s that yes, we got the final shot of Storm/Sami going back and forth, but the title match didn’t really get a lot of shine leading into the big show.

Continuing to impress. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your first PPV…

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Given that regardless of what shape Impact is in at any point, the Knockouts division is almost always a strong point of the show, so opening any show with a high stakes Knockouts match is always a good idea, and especially giving the two women a good chunk of time. Just pleased Shotzi didn’t attempt any dive to the floor given the amount of near misses she’s had, lol.

And at this point in time, Grace getting the title match makes the most sense. Shotzi can be a longer term project and built up longer before getting her shot, but Jordynne has been here a while, and is a major challenge to Taya.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that there’s no real time to build much anticipation for the match, or get some kind of angle to build the tension between the champion and challenger. Also felt a bit off that Grace just allowed Taya to nail Shotzi and didn’t run her off or anything.

In the end, it makes me feel like Grace vs. Taya is just a match that’s going to happen, and that there’s more effort going into building a longer term story between Taya and Shotzi, which feels unfortunate as Grace should be the primary focus when she’s the challenger as she’s one of the most stand out, top end performers in the division.

That title match should feel like a huge deal and a major challenge for Taya to overcome as she’s unlike anyone else the champ has faced, but there was none of that here, and instead she was treated like just another challenger off the conveyor belt.

Enjoyed the attitude of The North, knowing Rhino has no partner around tonight, but the attitude of Rhino, even facing down two men, standing his ground was pretty cool, and I’m interested in how he deals with the pair later as obviously Alexander won’t be far away during that match.

Makes sense to announce Ace’s opponent this time when it’s going to be on PPV, and it should undoubtedly be another fine match for the title. Interesting that Ace is starting to show his frustrations with Borash, and I’m keen to see how this develops, as Austin probably has a slight point about facing random opponents every week, but I liked that he completely blew it over the top by saying it was creating an unsafe working environment.

Pacing feels a bit weird on this show, as there’s been quite a bit happening between the first two matches. Another step toward the Deaners going their separate ways it seems, but I’m keen to know who Cody was calling at the end of the scene…

Solid win for Smith and cool to see him putting Thornstowne away quickly. Not feeling the stuff with Decay as yet, and feels a bit odd to have Smiths first program be with a group returning that are looking to re-establish themselves … while Smith himself is just getting established in Impact. Feels like this should be happening in two months time while they build themselves up with wins on both sides, so I’m keen to see what the direction is going to be, but I feel like Smith is going to need some back up.

Enjoyed the twist to the typical Rascalz segment by having the attack at the end of the segment, and hopefully this can be used to get the Rascalz over.

Poor Conti, getting her shot in Impact as essentially enhancement talent! BOO! While I liked the post match bit with Grace, I think it would’ve had a bigger impact (no pun intended) had there been some kind of heat already built up between champion and challenger. Just sort of felt like an angle because you felt like you had to do something to create animosity. Had it resulted from Taya beating Grace down earlier, or the week prior, and Grace showing back up with that kind of arrival, it would’ve landed much better imo.

No complaints from me with this match. Sami going it alone is important from time to time, just to show that he CAN win by himself if/when required, giving him credibility as champion, and surely another solid in ring contest given the competitors involved. All fairly basic stuff in the post match with oVe hitting the ring and getting eventually run off by Swann, probably setting up some kind of tag match at the PPV, I suppose? Would’ve thought you’d use this spot to have Storm involved, given the title match is fast approaching.

Alright, I can dig this if it means Tay Conti is hanging around. Pairing her off with Hogan is a sizeable match up for her off the bat, and I’m keen to see how you treat Tay and whether she’ll have to wait a little longer before getting a first win.

I’m very much into the situation with Moose & Mack/Swann. That’s been the highlight of these early shows, and continues to be. Glad that Swanns lateness to get to the ring was brought up, as it was something that struck me earlier, and the doubts continuing to be left in the mind of Mack is nice.

So that explains why Rhino was quietly confident earlier! Nice trick played by the challengers, getting one over the younger champs, which should serve as a last “win” for them before doing the honours to the champs at Turning Point.

Excellent promo from James Storm to sell the importance of the title match for him, and it definitely sold me on wanting to see the match between him and Sami. Really would’ve liked some kind of retort from Sami on this, just to get the champs POV on the match and to spell out how Storm wasn’t going to get the title, despite how much it may mean to the Cowboy.

Main event ending in a no contest is a bit meh, but you don’t want to be truly beating Moose in anything other than a BIG, well built match rather than a random Impact before a PPV, so I can get the logic. Post match stuff was all pretty cool with the run ins, and Mack physically telling Moose what he thinks, lol. Nice chaotic scene to close out the show and head into the PPV.

Jobber

Status

Jordynne Grace was the right woman to win the opener in my opinion, so that’s nice. I guess that you are a mark for Shotzi, but holding off on her getting the title shot for now is more reasonable to give her a chance to really show off her character to the audience.

Aero Star is a nice talent, but putting him straight into a title match on your next show without building him up or really promoting why or how he’s here could be tough for a fan to get into. Especially for someone that’s not familiar with his work in Mexico, a casual fan will not get the PPV for Aero Star, so this segment was a bit of miss for me personally.

I really dig Black Taurus! He’s got the presence and cool look that could take him really far in Impact, I’m hoping he defeats Harry Smith.

I get the attack from Desi Hit Squad, but I felt it came kind of out of nowhere in terms of writing, had to read it three times to actually figure out what had happened, but that may just be because of my own stupidity.

Having Tay Conti almost pin your champion ahead of her title match? Even though this makes Conti look really strong as a future challenger, I’m not sure Valkyrie needed the Bravo interference to win the match. I would’ve probably preferred to just see Conti give it her all but come up just short. I love Tay Conti however so no complaints at all with you bringing her in for this, even though she was still under WWE contract by this time period in real life.

Callihan vs Mack was nice and a logical and nice win for Callihan with a logical save from Rich Swann after the match, absolutely no complaints here.

The Moose stuff with Swann and Mack is brilliant and probably the thing I enjoyed the most from the start of this BTB, Moose stirring up shit in the doctor’s office was awesome as always.

The Main event was a good one, and it actually made James Storm look really strong almost pinning Moose. Still glad you chose not to pin Moose here and it’s nice to see Chris Bey as well.

Absolute chaos after the match! It was a bit difficult to keep up with it, but I guess it would be that way when watching it as well, still a nice way to close out the show ahead of the PPV.

Overall a really solid go-home show, I’m looking forward to the PPV!

TUFF

Status

A big thank you to Role Model for creating these awesome graphics for me. I will admit that when the school semester kicked off in August, the workload has been crazy. Honestly, I haven't written much of the show yet but with the graphics being done, it has motivated me to get some of the show written. I hope you're all still around when this show gets posted, haha! There's a lot more planned for this project so please stick around. Nothing fancy here with the predictions template (you're welcome Stojy). Just go ahead and predict who the winners will be. See ya when this gets posted!

Turning Point – LIVE ON IMPACT PLUS
    November 23, 2019
    Skyway Studios – Nashville, Tennessee

---

IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Sami Callihan (c) vs. James Storm

IMPACT WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    The North (c) vs. Rob Van Dam and Rhino

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Ace Austin (c) vs. Aero Star

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Taya Valkyrie (c) vs. Jordynne Grace

Chris Bey and Moose vs. Rich Swann and Willie Mack

Harry Smith vs. Black Taurus w/Crazzy Steve

The Rascalz (Dez and Wentz) vs. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju and Shera)

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Turning Point – LIVE ON IMPACT PLUS
    November 23, 2019
    Skyway Studios – Nashville, Tennessee

---

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

--

Most, if not all of these, are shots in the dark but looking forward to reading this. By my reckoning it will be the first PPV I've read of yours on either site, so looking forward to it!

They/Them

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Turning Point predictions:

Sami Callihan
    The North
    Ace Austin
    Jordynne Grace
    Rich Swann & Willie Mack
    Harry Smith
    The Rascalz

"I can cure sex cancer!"
    "
    Sex cancer isn't even a thing!"
    "......I did it."
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

Jobber

Status

Huge Kudos to Hug Life for those graphics, those are beautiful! Glad to see you have not given up on this thread and I'm excited for Turning Point!

My predictions are as follow...
    Even though you've tried your hardest to build up Storm I can't see a scenario where Callihan does not retain. I think him as a heel champ with his entourage is a much better long term story than veteran face on top.

Making this pick on the pure basis that I think you'd want to make a title shift on your first PPV and putting it on the veterans is a safe pick and might free up Page and Alexander to do bigger things, like they are doing in real life at the moment.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

I LOVE Ace Austin and would be shocked to see him lose here to Aero Star coming in from nowhere. I have enjoyed your work with Austin so far and hopes it continues.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

This is a toss-up for me, could see Taya winning in a screwy fashion and Jordynne winning a rematch. Still think you have your eyes set on Shotzi as the face of the women's division.

I'm guessing the disstention between Mack and Swann continues here with Moose picking up the win.

This is a match where I would want neither man to lose, but Smith is still newer on the roster so I'll have to go with him even though I like Black Taurus alot.

I just think they are the better team, and a team more likely to get a push in the future

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Jam, I 100% understand the strain school can put on. Graduated last spring and it was a pain to write, but it helped give me something enjoyable to do and remain productive.

Here are my picks:
    Desi Hit Squad
    Harry Smith
    Bey and Moose (love to see Mack turn heel on Swann here)
    Taya
    Ace Austin (or I'll riot)
    The North
    Sami Callihan

almost picked RVD/Rhyno on the sole purpose of getting a face in there as champions, but I'm looking forward to this show man. Take your time tho and make sure school's taken care of

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Predictions:

Too early for Sami to lose the title. I think he wins and maybe even clean

Cant' see the North losing the titles this early either. Love me some Ethan Page.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Ace I think holds onto the title for a while too. I know him mostly from MLW and he was fun there but he has really grown from his time in Impact.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

Think we might see a shock title change here and I love me some BIG MOMMA PUMP

Heels win with Mack maybe even turning on Swann here.

Harry Smith is getting a decent amount of shine so I think he picks up the win here

The Rascalz (Dez and Wentz) vs. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju and Shera)I think the Rascalz win leading to a title match with the North

RIP Brodie Lee. You will be missed

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Predictions:

James Storm is always just a filler challenger here. Works well considering his history with the company and what not, but he’s not winning here.

I’m curious to see what you end up doing with The North because there doesn’t feel like there’s a lot left for them to do at this stage. Either way, I don’t think the team of RVD and Rhino are the ones to take the gold.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Ace is awesome, this angle with him facing all of these different opponents is awesome, and I’m happy for it to continue here.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

I’d be shocked Taya loses here. Even though you’ve rightfully slowed things down, it feels like you’ll groom Shotzi for a big match with Taya.

I don’t necessarily think there will be a turn here, but Swann and Mack’s issues or whatever they are will continue with a loss here.

The new man getting that push.

The team that is actually good wins. Shocking, I know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information