Thread: WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Tito Santana vs James Storm

WAKE UP

Status

WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Tito Santana vs James Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kMQU1-vcbg

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine, MSG 26/11/1984

vs

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

America's Most Wanted vs Team Canada, Final Resolution 2005

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Tito Santana vs James Storm

I'm going for Storm here - I was hyping him in the nomination thread. I think he's got a lot of positives to his name. He was very good for a long time, in a company that was known for being the lowest point of people's career. He was a great tag worker twice in two different teams, and given the mediocre singles runs of his partners - I don't think I'd be alone in thinking that he was the driving force behind those two teams being so good. I think his skillset is strong and in a different promotion and maybe a different era I think more people would be talking about him positively. He doesn't have many high end matches, but I don't think Tito does either (does Tito have a match as good as the Texas Deathmatch with Harris?). Plus if you wrote down the five best matches in TNA history, I'd put Storm in two of them, which is a decent achievement.

I love Tito, and won't be surprised or sad if he wins this, but James Storm was a personal favourite of mine for several years and a rare bright spark in TNA's existence.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I think Tito is much more consistent over his career than Storm, and though I like both guys, I’m not voting against one of my all time favourites here.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I like both guys as well, and Storm had much worse surrounding cast than Tito. You can't dispute that Storm made two unbelievably bland workers interesting in different teams and I was gonna make that point myself before Shock did.

At first glance this was an easy win for Tito because I'm a huge fan of his. Strike Force is like my favorite team ever and he always worked hard and gave strong performances. But I think I'm gonna have to think about this a little more. Storm is a little bit of a sleeper and Shock's points about him being a victim of era/promotion for why he isn't higher regarded rings true.

Main Eventer

Status

id say Tito has plenty of great matches. His matches versus Valentine( not just the popular ones) id say their match at msg in november 84 is better than the deathmatch. but both guys are great in singles and tags. But tito got the best hot tags ever. Strike force rules so much.

Tito versus Flair in the UK and at summer spectacular are fuckin great!!!
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

WAKE UP

Status

I went with Storm but it was close. I think everyone would agree Tito was a real good worker and real consistent, but I think he's a tad overrated because he was a career journeyman. He had good matches with good workers, but I can't remember him carrying many lesser guys, and he worked with plenty of them.

AMW were an awesome tag team and Storm getting good high profile matches out of Roode and Gunner gets my vote

Thread Information