14 77.78%
  • Homicide

4 22.22%

Thread: WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Brock Lesnar vs Homicide

WAKE UP

Status

WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Brock Lesnar vs Homicide

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show, Judgement Day 2003

vs

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1kk4y1r7XP/

Homicide vs Chris Hero, King Of The Death Matches 2003

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WCBNAINWOATT Round 1: Brock Lesnar vs Homicide

Brock is certainly one of the more curious cases in this whole thing.

Homicide was good. I don't think he was consistently great though he had his moments. I think the biggest argument against him is he wrestled Joe and Bryan in their prime loads of times, and never had a match that I'd call more than very good. I thought he was superb until like 2007-ish?

I think up until 2016, Brock was excellent at every point in his career. Outside of a few gems he has sucked big time since then. Overall his career is a mixed bag but his best stands up to anyone.

I think both have mixed careers and not a lot of longevity as being excellent. So ultimately my choice is whose peak was better and that is, resoundingly, Lesnar. Homicide hasn't had anything as good as the Eddie, Roman, AJ, Bryan, or the 2015 Rumble triple threat.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

I don't know man, Homicide vs Corino and Homicide vs Cabana matches were pretty great and they were both against dudes you wouldn't have huge expectations of in those scenarios (Corino in 2003, Cabana in a blood fued). It's not as widely seen as his ROH work but Homicide vs Teddy Hart was also a great fued with a guy who is deeply flawed. I'd say prime Homicide was a pretty top tier talent.

This is a tricky one though because both have big highs and runs of being excellent and big periods of not giving a shit.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I did forget the Corino and Cabana matches. Love them

I'll have more of a think as I can't vote till I get home

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Not that I think it'll help, but it's easy to forget Homicide's tag work in TNA, including the OGz/LAX Street Fight at Slammiversary 2 years ago.

Still, expect this to be a squash for Brock.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Homicide has been one of my low-key favourite workers for a long while. I'm a fan of his style and I always vibed with his look.

That being said I'm openly a massive Lesnar fan, one of the very few wrestlers that genuinely excites and interests me. There's been a few duds, so he won't win it for me but it'll take someone special for me to vote against him. Homicide isn't it, with all due respect.

GET UP FOR THE MONEY FOR THE POWER THE FAME

WE NEED IT, NEED IT!

2x FWA World Tag Team Champions

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I must say, BORK VS FORK is the best one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think up until 2016, Brock was excellent at every point in his career. Outside of a few gems he has sucked big time since then
    Really? I feel like Brock's batting average is pretty good, especially compared to most WWE wrestlers that get regular PPV spots. He got fucking great matches out of AJ, Bryan (my MOTY) and Finn (Finn's career best match), he was incredible in this year's Rumble (one of the best ever rumble performances), had a blast with Goldberg at mania, MOTN at Summerslam 2017 in the 4 way and then Rollins 2nd title match was damn good too. Even though they were on the short side, I thought the Mysterio and Joe title matches were really good. Because this is an in-ring tournament I'm not going to hold things like the Kofi and Ricochet quick squashes against him because what's he supposed to do in that situation. The only matches I thought that sucked were the Braun match, the Cain match (and again, is that really on him) and the couple of Roman matches he had in 2018.

When it comes to Brock's bad points, it's usually wrapped up in his booking and how Vince always goes back to him and books him so strong so we don't always get him in competitive matches. When it comes to his in-ring ability, he's incredible. How many big men in wrestler are a better seller? How many wrestlers have that must-see aura about them. His return may have been hit or miss in some people's eyes, but he has an argument for the best WWE MOTY for 2012 (Cena), 2013 (Punk), 2015 (Cena/Rollins or Reigns/Rollins take your pick), 2017 (AJ), 2018 (Bryan) and 2019 (Finn). Come to think of it, add 2004 (Eddie) into that mix. I don't think that's bad going.

When I watch Brock, I get the feeling that I'm watching one of the best in the world, no matter how repetitive suplex city brock may be. I don't get that feeling watching Homicide who is good but not touching Brock's peak.
    Last edited by Ed; 05-08-2020 at 03:55 AM.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

ABSOLUTE

Status
      Country                    United States

I would say since his return, Brock surely has the highest hit percentage of anyone in WWE. I mean, as far as having a GREAT match. He has more than practically anyone, and that's while wrestling less than 95% of the roster.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It's gonna take a special wrestler to make me vote against Brock here. His match to match ratio is excellent. His bad matches only really stand out in comparison to the rest of his career I feel like. His highs are unbeliviably high and there is quite a lot that reaches that standard. Whether it was in his early days as a wrestler or post return, there is a ton to work with.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Homicide has been one of my low-key favourite workers for a long while. I'm a fan of his style and I always vibed with his look.

That being said I'm openly a massive Lesnar fan, one of the very few wrestlers that genuinely excites and interests me. There's been a few duds, so he won't win it for me but it'll take someone special for me to vote against him. Homicide isn't it, with all due respect.
    This right here, Brock is one of my all-time favs and while I do like Homicide I can't vote against him.

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

WAKE UP

Status

This is a super tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I must say, BORK VS FORK is the best one yet.

Really? I feel like Brock's batting average is pretty good, especially compared to most WWE wrestlers that get regular PPV spots. He got fucking great matches out of AJ, Bryan (my MOTY) and Finn (Finn's career best match), he was incredible in this year's Rumble (one of the best ever rumble performances), had a blast with Goldberg at mania, MOTN at Summerslam 2017 in the 4 way and then Rollins 2nd title match was damn good too. Even though they were on the short side, I thought the Mysterio and Joe title matches were really good. Because this is an in-ring tournament I'm not going to hold things like the Kofi and Ricochet quick squashes against him because what's he supposed to do in that situation. The only matches I thought that sucked were the Braun match, the Cain match (and again, is that really on him) and the couple of Roman matches he had in 2018.

When it comes to Brock's bad points, it's usually wrapped up in his booking and how Vince always goes back to him and books him so strong so we don't always get him in competitive matches. When it comes to his in-ring ability, he's incredible. How many big men in wrestler are a better seller? How many wrestlers have that must-see aura about them. His return may have been hit or miss in some people's eyes, but he has an argument for the best WWE MOTY for 2012 (Cena), 2013 (Punk), 2015 (Cena/Rollins or Reigns/Rollins take your pick), 2017 (AJ), 2018 (Bryan) and 2019 (Finn). Come to think of it, add 2004 (Eddie) into that mix. I don't think that's bad going.

When I watch Brock, I get the feeling that I'm watching one of the best in the world, no matter how repetitive suplex city brock may be. I don't get that feeling watching Homicide who is good but not touching Brock's peak.
    I think the "Vince booking" excuse for Brock's stinkers has some merit, but he's also guilty of just not giving a shit and mailing it in in those matches. You think Brock couldn't make a 5 minute match exciting if he wanted to do more than Suplex City and F5 spamming?

The batting average point is an interesting one to try to get into. Looking at Cagematch, he's had 45 televised matches since his return in 2012.

Of those I think we have 14 winners - vs Cena x3, vs Punk, vs Cena/Rollins, vs Reigns, vs Taker x2, vs Reigns/Ambrose, vs Goldberg, vs Joe/Reigns/Braun, vs Styles, vs Bryan, vs Finn. That's just over 30%.

Of the rest we have 12 not even going 5 minutes.

I'm not sure that the conclusion there is to draw but Brock is excellent when he wants to be, but only when he wants to be.

This is a super tight one but I'm going with Homcide - he was really great in his prime (not that Brock wasn't) and really consistant, and had a big range to him as well. He wasn't Danielson or Joe level but I think he compares well against a Punk or Strong or Aries or Nigel of the peak ROH period.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I think Brock's schedule/booking is absolutely a negative against him. Outside of a 1-2 year run early in his career he's been in the exact same role in the exact same spot on the card doing the exact same things in his matches for his entire career and people mark out for it because he's a huge main eventer.

Homicide's criticisms are fair and he's not someone I rate as elite tier career wise. If anything maybe on the lower end and carried by him up until '07. His run in ROH was very well done though and his buildup to his title win was lowkey one of the best in ROH history. He's got enough.

Thread Information