Putting Butts in Seats

Status
      Country                    United States

WWF '93: It's SHOWTIME

WWF's Stars & Stripes Challenge
    July 4, 1993
    The U.S.S. Intrepid

Independence Day.

The largest competitor in World Wrestling Federation, Yokozuna, stood seemingly victorious along side his manager Mr. Fuji. The challenge had been issued - could any American show up and do the damn near impossible - bodyslam the nearly 600 pound Sumo Wrestler?

Many had shown up - both WWF superstar and pro athletes alike. Among them: Peter Taglianetti of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Scott Burell of the Charlotte Hornets, Keith Sims of the Miami Dolphins, Gary Baldinger of the Buffalo Bills, Bill Frallic of the Detroit Lions, Bob Backlund, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner and Crush. The penultimate competitor, the Hawaiian Crush, actually got Yokozuna's legs off the mat but it was all for naught.

It had appeared that WWF had one last chance on the back of former WWF Champion, "The Macho Man" Randy Savage. Savage, dressed in his Independence Day best - an outfit only The Macho Man could pull off - decked in red, white and blue stars and stripes both across his pants and long sleeved shirt, decked with red and white streamers coming off his arm, capped off with his red, white, and blue Macho Man hat.

A face off between "Macho USA" and Yokozuna ended with Yoko shoving the Macho Man back to the mat. An infuriated Savage popped back up to his feet and immediately went in for the scoop...but Yokozuna barely budged!

An upset and embarrassed Savage tossed away his hat in frustration and it seemed like the day had been lost. It appeared that, in fact, Yokozuna had humiliated America.

Mr. Fuji triumphantly waved the flag of Japan, taunting the fans in attendance aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid. Todd Pettingale seemed ready to admit defeat as he thanked the competitors and fans for coming out...

But then...something else happened aboard the Intrepid."Something happened on America's birthday," Vince McMahon said with his emphatic growl.

"ONE MORE COMPETITOR WOULD ARRIVE"

One more competitor would step forward, arriving aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid by way of a chartered helicopter. One more competitor would step forward and attempt to save what "had indeed been an embarrassment for America."

Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji stood in he ring, staring as the helicopter made its landing. Wondering along with the fans in attendance and the rest of the world of just who, in Vince McMahon's words, had the "gal" and "audacity" to step forward at the very last possible moment.

A sea of people swarmed around the helicopter...the camera zoomed in to try and get a look. Finally the crowd parted and Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji, and the world would meet the hero stepping forward to redeem America.

This is...

WWF in 1993 - It's SHOWTIME
    Last edited by Dubb; 04-08-2020 at 03:42 PM.

All. Elite. Wrestling: Now Playing in the BTB Section

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Re: WWF '93: It's SHOWTIME

Oh. Sign me up for this. Retro WWF threads instantly catch my attention, so I'll be keen to follow this thread.

With the title of the thread, I'm half expecting Sting to step off the helicopter...

EDIT: And the avatar too!!

Spoiler:

BEING THE BOOKER

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑿𝑬

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Intrigued.

Yep, I'm also expecting the Stinger! Haha!

What A Maneuver!

Status

You already know I'm pumped for all of this. Pretty interesting hook to start things off. Will it really be The Stinger as the one to topple Yokozuna? Pretty cool if it is. Excited to see this thing come to fruition. Best of luck writing, I'll be following for sure!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Super intrigued by this as I have just started watching WWF 1993 aha. You did a very good job reeling me into WCW, so I am ready to be immersed with this time period and what comes next.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

If it's not Sting I'll be surprised but I look forward to seeing what you cook up!

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

Three Months Earlier

Yeah, I know what you're thinkin' - I reeled you, built up the reveal and now we're getting a flashback? Yep. We are. Because our story doesn't begin at The Stars and Stripes Challenge. Oh no, to properly tell this story we need to start at Wrestlemania IX.

That's right, the WrestleMania that regularly somewhere on the "Top 5 Worst" lists anytime someone wants to make one of those things.

But for our story, we're not messing with it. We're leaving this baby as is and working with it. So yes, that means Yokozuna still goes over Bret Hart for the WWF Championship only to immediately lose it to everyone's favorite red and yellow savior, Hulk Hogan seconds later. Yep...that still happened, baby.

And yes, Giant Gonzalez is still a thing.

On the plus side, it means that 2 Doinks is also still a thing.

Well without further adue, let's look back at perhaps the worst WrestleMania of all time.

WrestleMania IX
    April 4, 1993
    Caesars Palace - Las Vegas, NV

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match: Tatanka (w/Sensational Sherri) def. Shawn Michaels (c) (w/Luna Vachon) by countout

Built up to this one was that Tatanka was in the midst of an undefeated streak and had pinned the champion Michaels twice during the leadup to WrestleMania, once in a non-title match and another time in a six-man tag match. Meanwhile, Michaels' former manager Sherri had taken to Tatanka's corner after Michaels used her as protection when Marty Jannetty tried to hit him with his own mirror causing her to leave him at the Royal Rumble.

Tatanka would go on to pick up the win but by countout, so unfortunately for him it means that while he remains undefeated - Michaels remains champion. Post match, Luna viciously attacked Sherri both in the ring and backstage after Tatanka had helped her to the back.

The Steiner Brothers def. The Headshrinkers

A match with little to no build as the Steiners probably should've been challenging for the tag titles, but we'll get to that in a bit. Instead they get this match with the Headhrinkers. Still a relatively competitve match with the Steiners looking impressive in the ring. It was a Scott Steiner Frankensteiner to Samu that won the match for the Michigan born brothers.

Doink the Clown def. Crush

Unfortunately for BattleTank, Crush spent the real 1993 losing to Doink the Clown, not winning the Intercontinental Title. Doink and Crush had been feuding since January when Crush confronted the evil clown for his dastardly act of htorwing a ball at a child in the audience. Doink would feign injury following Crush grabbing him by the arm - to the point where Doink actually beat Crush with a prosthetic arm and actually kept him from competing in the Royal Rumble. Doink would continue to prank Crush in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania once he had returned.

For the most part, this match was all Crush and it seemed like he was on his way to victory, locking in the Cranium Crunch to Doink but unfortunately for the Hawiaaian, Doink was able to make it to the ropes to break the hold and then took out the referee. With the referee down, a second Doink showed up and attacked Crush with a prosthetic arm allowing Doink to pick up the win.

Razor Ramon def. Bob Backlund

Razor Ramon continued to showcase why he was one of the top up and coming stars of WWF - unfortunately after feuding with two of the top stars in WWF in Bret Hart and Randy Savage, but instead of getting a high profile Mania match - he was put in this filler match with no build to it with the legendary Backlund. At least Ramon looked strong here as he would win the match in less than 4 minutes.

WWF Tag Team Championship Match: Money Inc. (Irwin R. Schyster and Ted DiBiase) (c) defeated The Mega-Maniacs (Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan) (with Jimmy Hart) by disqualification

In 1990, Brutus Beefcake was put out of action for 3 years due to a parasailing accident that forced him into reconstructive surgery on his face. He returned in February of 1993 in a match against Ted DiBiase which ended with both members of Money Inc. attacking him and IRS nailing Beefcake in his reconstructed face with a briefcase. Money Inc's manager, Jimmy Hart, actually wanted to "do the right thing" and tried to stop the attack but ended up being hit with the briefcase as well. Jimmy Hart began to manage Beefcake and soon a returning Hulk Hogan would return to help his friend and challenge Money Inc to this match for the titles.

During the actual match, Beerfcake wore a protective titanium facemask. Hogan and Beefcake dominated most of the match until Money Inc got themselves counted out only to have referee Earl Hebner threaten to strip them of the titles if they didn't continue the match. Money Inc was able to finally take control after removing Beefcake's facemask though Beefcake would battle back to lock in his sleeper only for a referee bump to prevent the match from ending. Hogan would take Beefcake's mask and knock out both DiBiase and IRS with it before going for the pin - but there was no referee. For some reason, Jimmy Hart's jacket was reversible into a referee jacket and he made the three count and declared the Mega-Maniacs the champions. This was, of course, in no way legal so referee Danny Davis came out and reversed the decision, disqualifying Hogan for using the facemask as a weapon. Overbooking at it's finest.

Lex Luger def. Mr. Perfect

Back in 1992, Mr. Perfect was managed by Bobby Heenan along with Ric Flair. But eventually Perfect would turn on Flair and Heenan when he joined the opposing side of a Survivor Series tag team match. The Flair/Perfect feud was unfortunately cut short when Flair left WWF to return to WCW. This is when Lex Luger made his official WWF debut at Royal Rumble 1993 as Heenan's latest client and picked up the feud in Flair's place.

Possibly one of the better matches on the show, Perfect and Luger had a solid back and forth match with Perfect focusing on Luger's knee while Luger worked on Perfect's back. Unfortunately for Perfect, he would come up on the losing end after Luger scored a pin using the ropes as an advantage. Post-match, Luger attacked Perfect while he was arguing with the referee - knocking Perfect out cold with a forearm shot leading to much speculation about a possible loaded elbowpad...

After recovering, Mr. Perfect had a confrontation backstage with Shawn Michaels that lead to Michaels attacking Perfect with a trash can.

The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) def. Giant Gonzalez (w/Harvey Wippleman) by disqualification

Undertaker had been in a long feud with manager Harvey Wippleman. Undertaker had defeated Wippleman's client Kamala at Summerslam of 1993 and then againt at Survivor Series in a Coffin match. Wippleman vowed revenge which lead to him introducing Gonzalez at Royal Rumble 1993, attacking and eliminating The Undertaker from the Rumble match.

This one...wasn't pretty and that's probably an understatement. Gonzalez could barely move in the ring and clearly had no business being out there much less at the grandest stage. After 7 and a half dreadful minutes, this one would mercifully end with Gonzalez using a chlorform rag to knock out The Undertaker but also get disqualified - which only meant this wasn't over.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji) def. Bret Hart (c)

Yokozuna debuted in 1992 and had been absolutely unstoppable and showed his dominance in the Royal Rumble by winning the first Rumble match that gauranteed the winner a title shot at WrestleMania. Along the way, Yokozuna showed how vicious he could be by performing 4 Bonzai Drops to "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and putting him on the shelf for two months. Meanwhile, Bret Hart had been a fan favorite, fighting champion since picking up the title back in October of '92.

Bret worked his ass off to try and make this a decent match but the crowd was certainly invested (though chanting U-S-A in support of the Canadian Bret Hart is certainly a choice). Yokozuna overpowered Bret for a good portion of the 9 minute match, but Hart fought his way back - eventually taking advantage of an exposed turnbuckle to take the big man down and lock in the Sharpshooter. Unfortunately Mr. Fuji used his Fuji Dust to blind Hart and allow Yokozuna to get the pin and win the title.

After the match, our beloved hero Hulk Hogan arrived to plea with the referee about Mr. Fuji's cheating. Hogan, who had foreshadowed this moment in a pre-Main Event interview by saying he wanted the first title shot at whoever won, was then challenged by Mr. Fuji on behalf of new champ Yokozuna. The crowd ate it up and Hogan accepted...uh oh...

WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Hulk Hogan def. Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji)

In a mere 21 seconds, Hogan would be World Champion once again. Yoko had grabbed Hogan from the bell as Mr. Fuji went to toss the Fuji Dust, only for Hogan to duck and it got in Yokozuna's eyes instead. Clothesline to Yokozuna took him down and the Legdrop of Doom was enough to end Yokozuna's reign of terror as WWF Champ.

Up Next - the WrestleMania fallout begins and we start gearing up for King of the Ring!
    Last edited by Dubb; 04-09-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Injury Reserve

Status

1993 is a big turning point in WWF history, I'll be keeping an eyeball out.

Indy Talent

Status

You sly dog. I like that you gave a tease of where we're going only to jump back. Well done. I'm intrigued. Looking forward to King of the ring!

Chikara Trainee

Status

Great concept for this and can’t wait to see how things would’ve worked out if someone else drove the Lex Express all the way to SummerSlam

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Got amped up for this when I saw you advertising it the other day. Everything here is pointing towards Sting, but I don't know, for some reason the idea of a swerve isn't completely out of my head.

Still that tease was a tremendous opening post to get everybody hooked. Looking forward to now seeing you work towards the moment.

Shows plz.

Jam Up Guy

Status

Your old thread was one of the very best things on here so I'm obviously gutted it's over, but man does this look a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Also, if you are going with Sting in the WWF, I absolutely love the way you've built it up. Normally I hate changing history, but the way I can go for it is by it being made absolutely clear from the start that this is an alt timeline. You've done that in a brilliant way, so I'm all over this idea.

I now look forward to it actually being Luger getting off the helicopter. That'd be an amazing way to get over the general sense of underwhelm that follows Luger around!

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

WWF Recap - Week of April 5, 1993

A Disputed Championship

WrestleMania IX saw not one but TWO title changes for the WWF World Championship as first, Royal Rumble winner Yokozuna picked up a very tainted win over champion Bret Hart thanks to Mr. Fuji's Fujidust. But moments later, Hulk Hogan would show up and was challenged by Fuji, which Hogan gladly accepted and promptly defeated Yokozuna in six seconds after Fuji's Fujidust went arye.

Much of the discussion on Raw and Superstars of Wrestling this week centered around the status of the WWF Championship following WrestleMania IX (well that and why you should order the replys, as well).

On Raw, Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna appeared for an interview with Gene Okerlund, clearly not satisfied with the outcome of WrestleMania.

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and Gentleman, I'm standing here with the now FORMER WWF Champion Yokozuna alongside Mr. Fuji, and it's my understanding that on behalf of Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji plans on filing a formal protest with the World Wrestling President Jack Tunney.

Mr. Fuji: Yes. That is correct, my Yokozuna should still be the W-W-F Heavyweight Champion. My Yokozuna easily defeated champion Bret Hart and that is the end of story! There was no match with Hulk Hogan!

Gene Okerlund: Come on now, this happened last than 24 hours ago - we all saw what happened. Hulk Hogan came out to protest your own involvement, Mr. Fuji, with the Main Event that cost Bret Hart the championship in the first place! And it was YOU, Mr. Fuji, that challenged Hulk Hogan to a match.

Mr. Fuji: Ah, yes, Gene, you Americans always rush into everything. I challenged Hulk Hogan because my Yokozuna would love nothing more than to SQUASH the hero of America, send him out to pasture once and for all. But in Japan, we have rules and order. You must sign on contract. You must prepare for the challenge at hand. Hulk Hogan showed no respect for wrestling custom. There was no contract and NO MATCH. Jack Tunney will make the right decision and declare that Yokozuna is the WWF Champion!

Gene Okerlund: Well we shall certainly see about that! The protest has been filed and we will await to hear back from Mr. Tunney himself this week on Superstars of Wrestling!
    And sure enough, we would get the news - but would it be the news that Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna were hoping to hear? We found out during WWF Update on Superstars of Wrestling.

Gorilla Monsoon: Hello everyone, I'm Gorilla Monsoon for Update. Should Yokozuna be WWF Champion? He and Mr. Fuji certainly think so as we saw this week on WWF Raw, lodging a formal complaint with WWF President Jack Tunney. Well, decision time is upon us and President Jack Tunney is standing by. The entire wrestling world is on pins and needles - awaiting this decision! Who is the rightful WWF Champion - is it Yokozuna? Or is it Hulk Hogan? Here's the decision.

The camera cuts from the studio to a shot of WWF President Jack Tunney, decked out in his business formal suit and tie best, ready to deliver the news.

Jack Tunney: After much deliberation over Mr. Fuji's protest on behalf of Yokozuna. I have come to the decision that there was, in fact, a contract as it was an oral contract between Mr. Fuji and Hulk Hogan. Mr. Fuji issued the challenge which was then accepted by Hulk Hogan. Furthermore, there was a WWF referee in the ring to make the match official. Therefore, the decision has been made that the ruling made by the WWF referee will stand and that Hulk Hogan is the World Wrestling Federation Champion.

With the decision made, the screen faded into a still shot from WrestleMania with Hogan holding the WWF Title.

Everybody Has a Price

Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster had to count themselves lucky to have gone up against now WWF Champion Hulk Hogan alongside his good buddy Brutus Beefcake at WrestleMania IX and been able to still walk out as the WWF Tag Team Champions. Granted, it was only because of disqualification after Hogan used Beefcake's face shield against DiBiase and IRS - but the point is, they are still tag team champions. However, these champions certainly have a target on their back.

And the one team that has been targeting them hardest even before WrestleMania are the fan favorite Steiner Brothers. Coming off a victory at WrestleMania over The Headshrinkers, The Steiners clearly thought that they deserved the next shot at the WWF Tag Team Titles. But this week on Raw, they first had to get past an old rival, The Beverly Brothers.

We cut to a pre-recorded promo from The Steiner Brothers in advance of their match later tonight against The Beverly Brothers.

Scott Steiner: WrestleMania IX - my brother and I did exactly what we said we were gonna do against The Headshrinkers. And like I said before and I'll say it again - we're the best athletes in the World Wrestling Federation and we deserve a shot at the WWF Tag Team Titles. Money, Inc - you can duck and dodge us all you want, but soon enough, the time is gonna come where you can't run no more and you gotta face the Steiner Brothers.

Rick Steiner: You got that right, my brother - but we gotta stay focused on tonight up against The Beverly Brothers - and luckily, we know them pretty well. Couple sets of brothers going up against each other once again - and like last night at WrestleMania, there's a lot at stake, so we plan on doing what we've done before and takin' these little preppy snobs to the woodshed!
    DiBiase and IRS have been able to hold onto those tag titles by hook or by crook. And knowing they had The Steiner Brothers in their rear view mirror was already a little nerve racking for the champions. So later on Raw, it would appear they might be up to something when it came to the Steiners/Beverly's match.

The cameras cut to a backstage area where we simply see a locker room labeled as "Money Inc." The door opens to the locker room and out walk Beau and Blake Beverly with grins from ear to ear. Blake is holding a non-discrete steel briefcase, which knowing "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase - could only contain one thing, but the question remained why the Beverly Brothers were taking a payout from Money Inc?
    Money Inc. looked to add some intrigue to this Main Event matchup between the rival brotherly tag teams. It would not be long before we would find out just what DiBiase and IRS had up their sleeves..

The Beverly Brothers vs. The Steiner Brothers

As seen earlier in the night, Blake Beverly was still carrying that steel briefcase as he and his brother made their way down to the ring for their anticipated matchup against the Steiners. The briefcase was placed at ringside as The Steiners made their way down to the ring. Scott Steiner would start the match out against Beau and quickly get the upperhand by simply outwrestling Beau. The Steiners were clearly motivated to impress tonight as they were on fire from the opening bell, but unfortunately this one wouldn't last more than 5 minutes before Blake Beverly would stop a German Suplex attempt from Rick Steiner by slamming that steel briefcase across Rick's back, drawing a disqualification.

Rick dropped the mat, clutching his back as Scott rushed in for the save. He pulled the briefcase away from Blake but was attacked from behind by Beau! Scott tried to fend off both men but the two on one was too much and soon Beau had Scott trapped in a full nelson as Blake now used that briefcase across Scott's head! Beau then lifted Scott up from the full nelson into a slam to the mat. Beau and Blake both went back and forth, stomping away on the fallen Steiners. Vince McMahon pointed out it was clear now exactly what that Money Inc. payoff was for - to throw the match and weaken up The Steiner Brothers! "Everybody has a price, indeed!" Vince scowled.

An Investigation Is Underway!

There appeared to be a shroud of mystery surrounding "The Narcissist" Lex Luger and it all had to do with his patented Forearm Smash finisher that was leaving a string of victims across the WWF. But it wasn't just taking people down for the three count - it was completely knocking them out...and it wasn't being contained to just in ring action. While Luger did knock out Mr. Perfect during their match at WrestleMania - then WWF Champion Bret Hart even fell victim to a shot from Luger's forearm during the WrestleMania brunch.

It had gotten to the point where those within the WWF locker room were becoming very suspicious of Luger - was he somehow cheating and using a foreign object while delivering his Forearm Smash? Prior to his match on WWF Superstars of Wrestling this week, Luger weighed in on the subject himself.

We cut to a pre-recorded promo from Luger, standing in a background that features his Narcissist logo over his shoulder. Before speaking, Luger makes sure to show off his amazing physic.

Lex Luger: It's incredible isn't it? And belive it or not, I'm not just talking about my body! I'm talking about WrestleMania where I showed the world something I've known all along - I am in fact, MORE than PERFECT. That's right, I totally humiliated Perfect at WrestleMania just like I told you I would. But now all people want to talk about is my beautiful forearms. People have become so envious - so jealous - of my marvelous body that they somehow think I'm cheating. I can assure you, everything about me is perfect...no, excuse me, more than perfectly natural. And I promise you this - you can investigate me all you want and you'll find your answers alright. You'll find out just how amazing I truly am.

Luger smiled and gave the camera one more delightful flex as we faded out.
    And investigate the WWF would. As Luger would later in the show put away JD Stryker with ease, knocking him out as well with a Forearm Shot, Vince McMahon revealed from commentary that an investigation was started after WrestleMania into Luger's Forearm Smash and we should know the results next week on Superstars!

A Proud Patriot Returns to Action

Along the road to WrestleMania IX, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan found himself a victim of Yokozuna's journey to the WWF Championship Match. The proud patriot Duggan tried to stand up for America against the evil foreigner, but would come up short in his challenge and be put on the shelf for over a month thanks to 4 consecutive Bonzai Drops from the 500 plus pounder.

This week on WWF Superstars, Hacksaw would make his first appearance since that injury as he took on Barry Howowitz.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs. Barry Horowitz

As the match got underway, Duggan wasted no time rallying the fans behind him with the "U-S-A" chants which must've been infuriating for Florida native Barry Horowitz. Looking to impress in his return, Duggan quickly unloaded on Horowitz and took him down with a vertical suplex. Duggan climbed to his feet and yelled out for Yokozuna - clearly indicating that Duggan still has a bone to pick with the man who put him on the shelf. Duggan finished Horowitz off with a bodyslam followed by the Three Point Stance for the easy victory in under 2 minutes.

After the match, Duggan stomped around the ring waving the American Flag while shouting out challenges to Yokozuna.
    While Yokozuna already had a date at King of the Ring to challenge for Hulk Hogan's WWF Champion as revealed earlier on Superstars, Duggan clearly didn't care as he still wanted some payback and was not being shy about demanding that opportunity.

A Not So Regal Debut

Jerry "The King" Lawler joined WWF in December as part of a working relationship between WWF and Lawler's United States Wrestling Association but to this point has only been part of the announce team on Superstars and made an appearance in the Royal Rumble.

This week, Lawler was scheduled to make his in-ring singles debut for WWF on Raw.

However, things didn't quite go according to plan.

Jerry "The King" Lawler royally sauntered down the aisle only to be met by loud boos from the New York fans. The fans began to loudly chant "Burger King" at Lawler, which was not setting well with the so-called "King." Lawler climbed into the ring and removed his royal cape and crown, setting them at ringside.

But Lawler was visibly upset at the reaction from the crowd as the chants continued. Instead of starting the match, Lawler asked for the microphone.

Jerry Lawler: Really? Really - this is how you people treat a KING? You are in the prescense of royal - SHOW SOME RESPECT!

Lawler paused, giving the crowd a chance...nope, instead it's just more "BURGER KING BURGER KING!"

Jerry Lawler: You imbecilic idiots need to shut up, bow down, and kiss my feet!

Lawler stopped again, waiting for the bows but only got more boos.

Jerry Lawler: I guess this is what I should've expected from a bunch of no good yankees. You people have no shame. And THIS is the place I'm suppose to make my big television in-ring debut? Well let me tell you people something - IT'S NOT HAPPENING! You people don't deserve my presence. You don't deserve the right to watch me perform. If I'm going to wrestle it's going to be for people deserving of a King - not these idiots.

Lawler tossed the microphone down before collecting his crown and heading up the aisle from whence he came, much to the delight of the crowd.
    So we'd have to wait at least another week before we would get to see the in-ring TV debut of Lawler in WWF. But on Superstars, he returned to the announce booth alongside "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Vince McMahon - and Savage laid into Lawler many times through the night for not wrestling while Lawler held strong to his beliefs that he only wrestles for people who deserve it.

Remaining Highlights

-On Raw, Razor Ramon followed up his impressive win over Bob Backlund at WrestelMania with a quick victory over Virgil. Despite his heel alignment, the crowd ate up watching Ramon take it to Virgil and the cheers were quite audible when he finished him off with the Razor's Edge.

-Despite not picking up the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania, Tatanka continued his undefeated streak this week as he easily defeated Anthony Howard.

-After defeating Crush at WrestleMania, Doink the Clown once again utilized a case of the "Double Doinks" this week on WWF Superstars. In a match against El Matador, a second Doink would replace the original Doink during the match, using a schoolboy roll up to surprise El Matador to pick up the win.

Quick WWF Raw Results

• El Matador def. Kimchee by pinfall
    • Razor Ramon def. Virgil by pinfall
    • Bam Bam Bigelow def. Jim Powers by pinfall
    • Bob Backlund def. Damien Demento by submission
    • The Steiner Brothers def. The Beverly Brothers by DQ

Quick WWF Superstars of Wrestling Results

• Tatanka def. Anthony Howard by pinfall
    • Typhoon def. Brooklyn Brawler by pinfall
    • Jim Duggan def. Barry Horowitz by pinfall
    • Papa Shango def. Dale Wolfe by pinfall
    • Lex Luger def. JD Stryker by pinfall
    • Doink the Clown def. El Matador by pinfall

Next Week on WWF Raw:
    • WWF Tag Team Champions Money Inc. are in action against The Bushwhackers
    • Yokozuna is in action
    • We'll hear from Lex Luger as the investigation into his Forearm Smash continues
    • Jerry Lawler's TV in ring debut...take 2?

Next Week on WWF Superstars of Wrestling

• We'll hear from Bret Hart for the first time since WrestleMania
    • Owen Hart battles Bam Bam Bigelow
    • Mr. Perfect is in action
    • Razor Ramon is in action
    • The results from the Lex Luger investigation will be revealed!

Current King of the Ring 1993 Card:

• WWF Championship Match: Hulk Hogan (c) vs. Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji)
    Last edited by Dubb; 04-14-2020 at 03:16 PM.

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

Have to say that between the early beginnings of this thread, Keef's WCW thread and BattleTank's thread, I'm really starting to pique interest in an era I missed because it happened in my first three years of life

But seriously Saint Dubb, I think you're doing a pretty swell job here so far. This post really helped set all the scenes and whatnot of this era and I think this is progressing along nicely. Keep it up!

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I swear to God you better keep Hogan in the WWF for him and Sting to white meat Babyface the fuck out of each other

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I really like the weekly recap format you've got going here, reminds me of a thread I read at another place, really enjoyable to get through multiple shows, with not to much of a strain. The back and forth about whether Hogan/Yokozuna was a real match, and Fuji talking about there not being a contract felt really old school. I enjoyed that.

Nice feud progression with DiBiase paying The Beverly's to weaken The Steiner's. Another really old school yet epic angle is the loaded Luger forearm one. The constant digs at Mr. Perfect throughout Luger's promo here were the main take out here. And they were enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress with the forearm angle though. Another one of those really old school type scenarios, good shit.

Duggan coming back and challenging Yokozuna again does nothing for me. Feels like a waste of time, but I assume Yoko will just DESTROY Duggan in the coming weeks. Lawler stuff was great, I like him sticking it to the fans. He was probably one of the best heat seeking heels during this time period, so good to see him going for it here. Lawler/Savage potentially beginning to have problems is something I can get around to. Lawler seems like the perfect guy to send Savage over the deep end.

A Razor face turn is fine, and Doink continuing to own shit is great.

Only one week in but everything felt solid and on the right track. Like I mentioned previously, digging the format as well.

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

WWF Recap - Week of April 12, 1993

No More Mr. Nice Guy?

It had now been about two weeks since WrestleMania IX and the world was wanting to hear from Bret Hart after he lost the WWF Championship to Yokozuna. Well wait no longer, world, because this week on WWF Superstars of Wrestling, Bret joined Vince McMahon for a special interview.

Vince McMahon: Ladies and gentlemen - my guest at this time, the former World Wrestling Federation World Champion and perhaps to many the "People's Champion"- please welcome to the ring..."THE HITMAN" BRET HART!

"Hart Beat" played through the arena as Vince finished up his introduction, bringing the fans in North Charleston, SC to their feet in cheers for the now former WWF Champion. Bret emerged from the curtain in his trademark black and pink leather jacket but was without his usual sunglasses nor his normal demeanor. Normally one to slap hands with the fans at ringside, Hart all but ignored them here as he walked out to the ring, adding a bit of irony of Vince referring to him as the People's Champion. As Hart made his way to the ring, Jerry Lawler and Randy Savage argued about whether not Hart was truly a champion of the people. Once in the ring, Hart joined Vince for the interview.

Vince McMahon: Bret Hart, it was nearly two weeks ago that you walked out to a standing ovation, much like the one you received here tonight, at WrestleMania and at that time you were wearing the World Wrestling Federation championship belt. You told us going in that despite being the champion, going up against this 500 plus pounder Yokozuna...you would actually be the underdog. You came so close to walking out of WrestleMania as the champion only to have victory snatched from you - and of course, the WWF championship.

Bret Hart: You know Vince, I've gotten pretty used to being the underdog in my career so that was nothing new for me. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for why I lost. Everybody has either seen it by now or heard about it and can draw their own conclusions about the finish of the match. Everyone who has seen the match KNOWS that BRET HART should STILL be the World Wrestling Federation champion! And Yokozuna, it must've felt so great to have Mr. Fuji there with you at WrestleMania. The man who basically won the title for you turned around and lost it for you in less than a minute. Pardon me if I don't shed any tears for you, Yokozuna.

Vince McMahon: Well Bret, I don't think anyone is going to blame you for that at all. I guess the question now is - where does The Hitman go from here?

Bret Hart: But the fact of the matter is this, Vince, I've won titles and lost them before. And everytime I lose a championship whether it be the WWF Tag Titles, the WWF Intercontinental Title and now the WWF World title - people want to think that this is the end of the road for Bret Hart. People think there's no coming back. But guess what - they were WRONG every single time. But I have to admit...this one...this one is a little different. I've done something that very few people have been able to do - and that's hold the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And there's something about that WWF title gold that is so much sweeter and makes you thirsty for more. Now that I don't have it..quite frankly, I feel naked without it. Part of me just isn't the same now that I'm not the WWF Champion. So where does The Hitman go from here, Vince? The answer is simple. There's nowhere to go but up. I'm going to do anything...no EVERYTHING within my power to get back to the WWF Title and I don't care if it's Yokozuna holding it or if it's the almighty Hulk Hogan still champion after King of the Ring. From now on, it's no more Mr. Nice Guy from The Hitman. I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get back the WWF Championship and I feel sorry for anyone dumb enough to get in my way.

With that, Bret abruptly ended the interview himself, heading out of the ring leaving Vince all by his lonesome.

Vince McMahon: Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen - Bret Hart clearly a man on a mission right now!

Bret Hart had indeed declared his intentions to regain the WWF Title and would go through anyone and/or everyone to get there. Which brings us to...

The King of the Ring Explained!

Also on WWF Superstars of Wrestling this week, we received an explanation of the upcoming Pay-Per-View and tournament, The King of the Ring. While the event had been held almost every year since 1985, it was historically non-televised event and more about increasing house show attendance. But this year it would head to Pay-Per-View in a three hour spectacular!

The rules were simple - a single elimination tournament to crown the "King" of professional wrestling. Over the next several weeks, qualifying matches would occur where the winners would advance to Quarterfinals. The Quarterfinals, Semi-Finals, and Final would all be contested in one night at the King of the Ring Pay-Per-View.

The stakes? First and foremost, obviously the winner would receive the "King of the Ring" moniker and be crowned as such. But Jack Tunney would explain that the winner would be "in contention" for a World Wrestling Federation title shot. Jack Tunney would also announce that due to the events at WrestleMania, he was giving Bret Hart a "bye" so that he automatically moved directly to the Quarterfinals, making Hart the first to officially be competing at the Pay-Per-View.

A Challenge Accepted

Last week, Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji attempted to have Hulk Hogan's WWF Championship victory wiped from the record books, claiming that there was no contract. However, WWF President Jack Tunney determined that an oral contract was in place and the decision was final. Yokozuna would, however, be granted a WWF Title match to take place at King of the Ring. Despite this, Yokozuna was definitely not pleased to have been embarrassed by the Hulkster and once again in the title hunt. Yokozuna was to return to in-ring action this week on Raw and you definitely were not going to want to be the person having to face him right now...but first, he had some things to say about Hulk Hogan.

The camera cut to a pre-recorded promo featuring Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji as they stood infront of a backdrop featuring a Yokozuna logo over the Rising Sun of Japan.

Mr. Fuji: This is MY Yokozuna and unlike W-W-F Champion Hulk Hogan, he is hear tonight to fight. Hulk Hogan, you are a coward to not show your face after your disgraceful act at WrestleMania. Jack Tunney, you made the wrong decision. A decision that never would have been made in Japan! But now, you've made my Yokozuna very, VERY angry. And at King of the Ring, Hulk Hogan, all 568 pounds of Yokozuna will come crashing down on you - ending Hulkamania forever! HA HA HA!

Yokozuna: YES!

Mr. Fuji: But my Yokozuna doesn't want to wait until King of the Ring for a real challenge. And we know Hulk Hogan won't be man enough to show up and face the rightful champion before then. So if any of you disgusting Americans in the locker room think you have what it takes, Yokozuna would love to smash you as well! HA HA HA!

Yokozuna: BONZAI!

The camera faded out to a commercial for the WWF Fan Club featuring Randy Savage.

Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji) vs. Scott Taylor

Already in the ring, the young Scott Taylor was noticeably nervous as Yokozuna lumbered his way down to the ring. Noting his very noticable size disadvantage given Taylor was weighing in at just over 200 pounds compared to Yokozuna's billed 566 pounds, Bobby Heenan compared him to a gnat that Yokozuna was about to squish. Tossing the salt in the air, Mr. Fuji sent Yokozuna into battle. As McMahon and Heenan discussed who would be foolish enough to accept Yokozuna's challenge from earlier, Taylor charged right after Yokozuna only to be lifted up and slammed to the mat immediately with a Samoan Drop. Perhaps Yokozuna could've ended it there, but on commentary Vince McMahon could tell Yokozuna was wanting to take out his frustration on the smaller wrestler. Yokozuna pulled Taylor back up only to take him right back down with a Savate Kick! The former champ pulled Taylor to the corner, climbing the ropes - BONZAI DROP! But NO PINFALL attempt! Instead he climbed back up - shades of what Yokozuna did to Jim Duggan over a month ago as he delivered a SECOND BONZAI DROP! "He's going to kill the kid!" Heenan exclaimed as Yokozuna went up top for a THIRD time....BONZAI DROP! This time, Yokozuna stayed in the sitting position and picked up the three count for the very dominant victory.

After the match, Mr. Fuji celebrated in the ring by waving the Japanese flag in the air while Scott Taylor was being check on by medical personnel.

Poor Scott Taylor was deflated like a little worm by the former WWF Champion, but the question remained - would any American in the locker room accept the Yokozuna challenge? We wouldn't have to wait too long for someone to step up to the plate.

The camera cut to "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan standing in front of a backdrop of the waving American Flag with a wooden 2x4 being held up across his shoulder.

Jim Duggan: HOOOOOOOOO! YOKO-ZUMA, Mr. Fuji - YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE! You say that Yoko-zuma wants a fight, well HACKSAW WANTS TO BRING THE FIGHT TO YOU! Two months ago, you nearly ended my career and I told you I WAS COMING FOR YOU! I crafted this 2x4 JUST FOR YOU, YOKO-ZUMA. And I'm gonna use it to knock you down and give you the kick in the pants you deserve. You can name the time and place...You can even name the RULES, I'm ready for the fight. I AM ANSWERING THE CHALLENGE and I'm doing it on behalf of the LAND OF THE FREE, AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE. HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Duggan gave the camera big thumbs up before marching off screen.

An Unlikely Pairing/The Results Are In!

After weeks of Lex Luger knocking people out cold with his Forearm Smash, an investigation was conducted by the WWF to get to the bottom of how Luger was pulling it off. The results were set to be revealed on WWF's Superstars of Wrestling, but first, Luger was scheduled to be interviewed about the investigation on WWF Raw.

On commentary, Vince McMahon tossed it to Raymond Rougeau who was on the interview platform, which now has a full length mirror sitting on it suspiciously.

Raymond Rougeau: Thank you Vince! Allow me to welcome out a man causing quite the stir these days and it's all due a part of his body! My guest at this time is none other than "The Narcissist" Lex Luger!

The crowd quickly began to boo as Lex Luger made his way out, stopping to flex and pose multiple times on the platform in front of the full length mirror before joining Rougeau.

Raymond Rougeau: Lex Luger, by now the whole world knows that you are under investigation due to all the knockouts your forearm has been causing around the WWF. What are your thoughts on this on-going investigation?

Lex Luger: Your word choice, Raymond, was superb. Of course my body is causing a stir! Just look at it!

Luger flexed once again for the audience - drawing more louds boos.

Raymond Rougeau: You know that's not what I mean.

Lex Luger: Listen, this Saturday the results will be in and you'll all see this was a huge waste of everyone's time. There's noth...

Luger was interrupted as Sensational Sherri barged out from backstage and headed onto the interview platform - clearly on a mission with something on her mind. Vince pointed out we haven't seen Sherri since she was so heinously attacked by Luna Vachon at WrestleMania!

Raymond Rougeau: Hey now! What's this about!

Sensational Sherri: This can't wait anymore! LUNA VACHON, you want to attack me from behind at WrestleMania and try to break every rib in my body?! You think you can target me to make a name for yourself?! You don't know what you're messing with! Anytime - ANY PLACE - you're messing with the woman who invented mean!

Sherri was now that one being interrupted as Luger grabbed her by the arm.

Lex Luger: I'm not sure who you think are - these fans wanted to hear more about me. No one cares about whatever it is you're rambling on about, crazy woman.

Sensational Sherri: GET YOUR OILY HANDS OFF ME!

Sherri slapped Luger across the face, to which Luger responded by grabbing a handful of Sherri's hair and lifting up his Forearm...but Tatanka rushed out to make the save for his manager! Tatanka runs in with a dropkick to Luger and then literally jumped ontop of Luger and unloaded some hard right hands as Sherri got to her feet...

Only to be attacked from behind by Luna Vachon! Luna's sneak attack once again gave her the upperhand as she slammed Sherri onto the platform not once but twice. Luna then picked Sherri up by her hair and looked over at the mirror with a sadistic grin...and tossed Sherri face first into the mirror, shattering it! Sherri dropped to the ground as Tatanka rushed to her aid.

But while Tatanka was checking in on Sherri, Luger charged in and KNOCKED OUT Tatanka with a Forearm Smash to the back of the head!

Both Tatanka and Sherri were left lying on the ground as Luger and Luna were standing tall. They eyed each other as Luna gave Luger an up and down look before once again displaying her twisted grin...and she reached out her hand to Luger. Luger took a glance at her hand and decided to accept the handshake! Luna lifted up Luger's arm to a booing crowd as medics checked in on Sherri and Tatanka as Vince McMahon displayed some confusion on this alliance that just formed in front of us while expressing concern for Sherri after the attack from Luna.
    With a somewhat random, but definitely odd alliance forming on Raw...the question remained for WWF Superstars - what would the investigation reveal? We would find out on this week's edition of WWF Update with Gorilla Monsoon.

Gorilla Monsoon: Hello everyone, I'm Gorilla Monsoon for Update. For weeks we've seen Lux Luger leave a trail of unconscious bodies everywhere he goes thanks to his patented Forearm Smash finishing maneuver. But is there more to that forearm than meets the eye? For an update on the investigation, we once again go to World Wrestling Federation President, Jack Tunney.

The camera cut from the studio to a shot of WWF President Jack Tunney, once again decked out in his formal business attire as he delivered the ready to deliver the results.

Jack Tunney: Over the last week and half, my team has been looking into the recent incidents where Lex Luger has left his opponents unconscious after his Forearm Smash. After finding nothing foreign inside the elbow pads he used, we turned to taking an X-Ray of Mr. Luger's actual forearm. Last year, Lex Luger was involved in a motorcycle accident which required steel plate to be medically plate inserted into his forearm. While this does give him a competitive advantage due to the impact of that plate to his opponent's - it's now part of his body and not something we can have taken away from him. However, I can rule that going forward - Luger must always be wearing an elbow pad over his forearm and the use of his Forearm Smash without an elbow pad WILL result in a disqualification!

Best Help Money Can Buy

Last week on Raw, the WWF Tag Team Champions Money Inc consisting of Ted DiBiase and IRS paid off The Beverly Brothers to basically throw their scheduled match with one of the top contenders in the tag division, The Steiner Brothers, in an effort to weaken up their eventual opponents. It was mission accomplished for Beau and Blake who took the money and ran with it.

This week on Raw, DiBiase and IRS, had a new contingency plan in mind to make sure that they keep those tag belts as they prepared for a match later in the evening with The Bushwhackers.

Backstage, Gene Okerlund was standing by with the tag champs, Money Inc, but alongside them was a beefy looking African American decked out in a white dress shirt, suspenders, and dark sunglasses.

Gene Okerlund: Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, I suppose two of these men I'm standing with need no introduction as they are the Tag Team Champions of the World - but DiBiase, who in the Heck is this?

Ted DiBiase: Ha, Ha, Ha! Gene, right now Money Inc. has a big ole target on our back - The Steiner Brothers think they deserve a title shot but there's countless other teams in this locker room that would love nothing more than to get their hands on either my money or my titles. And we can't have that - now can we?

Gene Okerlund: Well, I'm not so sure about that but it really didn't answer my question!

Ted DiBiase: It's quite simple, Gene! I need to put every contingency plan in place that I can to make sure that we keep these belts! It's lucky for me and IRS that what I've always said is SO TRUE - Everybody REALLY DOES have a price! I showed it last week when I paid off those little country club geeks The Beverly Brothers to do our dirty work for us! Now we may never have to see The Steiner Brothers again!

Gene Okerlund: If you think that is going to keep The Steiner Brothers down, you have another thing comin'! But again, you have not answered my question!

Ted DiBiase: Well, the Beverly Brothers worked for last week but I figured Money Inc needed a more long term solution. So allow me to introduce to you our "Problem Solver" if you will, Mr. Hughes! Mr. Hughes is being paid good money to solve any and every problem that Money Inc. may encounter. And tonight our problem is couple of goofs called the Bushwhackers and I have a feeling you'll see that Mr. Hughes' talents were money well spent! Ha! Ha! Ha!

DiBiase gave his new associate Mr. Hughes a pat on the shoulder while Hughes remained emotionless during the entire duration of the interview. Money Inc headed off screen as Okerlund kicked it back to Vince McMahon for the next match.

The Bushwhackers vs. Money Inc. (w/Mr. Hughes)

After Luke and Butch comically marched their way down to the ring, DiBiase and IRS slowly made their way out and as promised, Mr. Hughes was right by their side and it was now Hughes garnishing a steel briefcase much like the one given to The Beverly Brothers last week. Before the match got underway, Luke and Butch began playing to the crowd, successfully charging them up only for DiBiase to attack Luke from behind to start the match. DiBiase kept on the attack with some stomps and some axhandle smashes down onto Luke's back, but Luke battled back, hitting a knee to DiBiase's midsection and taking the tag champ down to the mat with a facebuster. Luke tagged in Butch and the Bushwhackers took charge of the match until IRS snuck in a knee to Butch as he bounced off the ropes, allowing DiBiase to charge in with a clothesline and make the tag to his partner. After a brief double team, the champs had regained control, cutting Butch off in their corner with some quick tags. IRS would eventually lock in Butch to an abdominal stretch, reaching back to grab DiBiase's hand from some extra leverage behind the referee's back!

Having enough of the champions' cheating ways, Luke jumped down off the apron and stomped over to the opposite side of the ring, pulling DiBiase down off the apron! Luke punched (or as Heenan called it, sucker punched) DiBiase, sending the Million Dollar Man down to the ground! The referee began to admonish Luke, ordering him back to his corner...and with his back turned, Mr. Hughes entered the ring and proceeded to lay out Butch with the steel briefcase! Hughes left the ring as quickly as he entered as IRS went for the pin...When Luke tried to enter the ring to break up the count, it was Mr. Hughes once again intervening as he grabbed Luke's foot, preventing him from making the save as IRS picked up the three count and the win.
    The champions ended Raw on top, thanks to their new "Problem Solver" in Mr. Hughes. Money well spent seemed to be the theme for Money Inc the past two weeks after taking out The Steiners last week and now fending off the Bushwhackers - but one could assume it was only a matter of time before The Steiners got their hands on the champs in the ring.

An Injured Hart

In feature match against on WWF Superstars, Bam Bam Bigelow and Owen Hart squared off in an anticipated matchup. The start of the show hyped up the match by showing both men training backstage, preparing for their face off.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. "The Rocket" Owen Hart

Owen came to the ring sporting some brand new "Rocket" ring gear with the new nickname plastered across his legs. Owen quickly started the match off by displaying his speed advantage but Bigelow showed off some of his own agility when he took Owen down to the mat with an Enziguri. As Bigelow took control of the match, on commentary Jerry Lawler was busy dismissing Owen as the "runt" of the Hart family and didn't think he'd ever reach the levels that Bret had managed to "despite himself." Back in the ring, Owen fought back with an enziguri of his own before getting a nearfall off of a sunset flip. Owen's battle back was cut short as Bigelow once again overpowered him and hit him with a Samoan Drop. Hart tried to battle back as Randy Savage put over Owen's resiliency on commentary. Bigelow would soon hit a falling headbutt to Hart and go for the pin, but Owen just barely would get his shoulder up after two.

Owen's attempt of a comeback would come up short when he would try to counter an Irish Whip attempt by leaping onto the middle ropes for a crossbody block, but blows his knee out in the process. Owen falls to the floor and could barely move as Bigelow took advantage. Bigelow lifted Owen up and slammed him to the mat before climbing to the top rope and hitting his Diving Headbutt for the three count victory.

An unfortunate turn of events for Owen who was starting to pick up some momentum in singles competition, but this injury would put him on the shelf for at least a couple of months. Meanwhile, Bigelow immediately began to boast about putting Owen on the shelf, but more on that next week.

Other Highlights

-For the second week in a row, Jerry "The King" Lawler was supposed to make his in-ring TV debut on Raw, but once again it would not happen. This time, Lawler wouldn't even enter the ring. He walked out to loud boos and "Burger King" chants once again from the New York faithful. He circled the ringside area and even got into an argument with a couple fans at ringside before shaking his head and saying "Nope, not today!" and returned to the back once again!

-Both Raw and Superstars featured vignettes for a Bart & Billy Gunn, another pair of brothers joining the WWF tag team scene. The promo featured them as cowboys on horseback. The Smoking Gunns would debut next week!

-Mr. Perfect got back on track after his WrestleMania loss and set his eyes on Shawn Michaels' Intercontinental Title with a win while Razor Ramon continued to gain momentum heading towards King of the Ring.

-Speaking of getting back on track, Crush also picked up a much needed win after his loss to Doink the Clown at WrestleMania, but showed some signs of being paranoid. During his match with Von Krus, Crush kept looking over his shoulder towards the entrance way and even left the ring at one point to check under the ring...the Double Doinks from WrestleMania clearly still in his head.

-Giant Gonzales won with ease this week on WWF Superstars with his Claw submission during which the match was spent discussing the whereabouts of The Undertaker who hasn't been seen since being chloroformed by Gonzales at WrestleMania.

Quick WWF Raw Results

• Crush def. Von Krus by pinfall
    • Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji) def. Scott Taylor by pinfall
    • Bob Backlund def. Chris Duffy by submission
    • Money Inc (w/Mr. Hughes) def. The Bushwhackers by pinfall

Quick WWF Superstars of Wrestling Results

• The Headshrinkers def. JD Stryker & Ron Preston by pinfall
    • Mr. Perfect def. Glen Ruth by pinfall
    • Razor Ramon def. Barry Hardy by pinfall
    • Giant Gonzales (w/Harvey Wippleman) def. Chris Katowski by submission
    • Bam Bam Bigelow def. Owen Hart by pinfall

Next Week on WWF Raw:

• Lex Luger in action and joined by his new unlikely ally, Luna Vachon
    • The Beverly Brothers will do battle with the Headshrinkers
    • Will Jerry "The King" Lawler actually wrestle?
    • Bam Bam Bigelow responds to injuring Owen Hart
    • Plus a special interview with WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels

Next Week on WWF Superstars of Wrestling

• Yokozuna will respond to Jim Duggan's challenge.
    • KOTR qualifying will begin
    • The Smoking Gunns will make their WWF debut
    • Money Inc's new "Problem Solver" Mr. Hughes will make his in-ring debut
    Last edited by Dubb; 04-22-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Love a bit of New Gen goodness so I am excited to see how this plays out.

Bret Hart's character evolving to be a lot more no-nonense and a lot less generic face is cool to see. The fact is Bret should be supremely pissed off with how things have gone down and I'm glad to see that.

Duggan accepting Yokozuna's challenge is very on brand and you've really captured the voice of all the stars of 1993 so kudos for that.

Luger and Luna is an interesting pairing and I'm all for ir mainly because it'll probably mean less of Lex talking which is always good thing. Hope you continue with the narcassist thing in light of Sting proably debuting in this thread would be great to see those two feud in the WWF. The investigation results are intersting and will be cool to see how Luger gets around those.

Mr Hughes always had a cool look so glad to see him in a bodyguard role here as his wrestling leaves a lot to be desired. Makes complete sense for Dibiase to bring in some extra muscle to deal with The Steiners.

Owen Hart vs Bam Bam sounds like a great match as well and good to see Lawler keeping up his comedy heel shennanigans.

Perhaps the only negative is that Giant Gonzalez is still sticking around but I guess you kind of have to tie up that story, look forward to seeing how you write Undertaker back in.

Overall good stuff here keep it up!

Jam Up Guy

Status

I absolutely love this format. I love me some weekly shows, but with no disrespect to anyone who has done weekly shows in this era it can be a bit of a slog to get through if you book realistically. Here, you get to book realistically, but find a way to not lose my interest. It's awesome. I also love that you do "other highlights" and I'm totally going to borrow that for my own thing to point out what guys are up to when they aren't booked on a PPV.

In terms of actual content, there's not much to get your teeth in to yet as a reader, but nor should there be if you're booking realistically. Your old thread obviously gave plenty of hope for this, but even here there are glimpses of how much fun this can be in the characterisation of Lex Luger. Once you've had a month or two of shows to start building your stuff (potentially with the appearance of a certain someone on the USS Intrepid) then this will really take off.

Very solid start so far bud and you've got my interest for sure.

What A Maneuver!

Status

Using the Post-WM9 season as your starting point is a great place to kick things off. We are in that holding pattern time of sorts where there were still a few big names left from the golden era (okay, maybe just Hogan stands out, hijacking the main event and becoming champion ) but you could definitely sense that things were changing, and quickly. Especially with RAW starting to gain some steam into the spring/summer months.

I like how you hooked us in with that first post dedicated to the USS Intrepid story, changed your avi...and now make us wait to see who the man to slam Yokozuna really is. Really fun way of going about things, I like it a lot.

The format is fun and easy to read, nice work on that. You do a great job of explaining things easily without the filler detail.

Much as Keef alluded to, there isn't much meat on the bone at the moment, as you're only a couple of weeks in. I am really looking forward to how you use Bam Bam, Mr. Hughes and Luger (with that dastardly robotic forearm!)

Looking forward to how the KOTR card shapes up, as you have a lot of different pieces to play around with. Best of luck with this, man!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information