Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2680

Thread: Coronavirus

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I'm sorry for being that guy but even though I enjoy a good back and forth as much as the next person, I think you two should just agree to disagree and move on.
    I started my post before seeing this, but totally fair.

From where I'm standing, both of you are making solid points
    This right here is why I even respond in the first place. They're not solid points... they're sentiments based on a misunderstanding of the presented data (most of the time). It's unintentional but it is misinformation that I am responding to.

but at the same time you are both giving me a headache with your arguments every time I check the thread. And I get it, I live in this world too, I'm also worried about what's happening but I'm not going to try to play scientist or change someone's mind. It's just not going to work.
    There used to be an ignore feature you could use but I can't seem to find it.

I don't want to be a piece of shit about it but I know myself so I'll apologize in advance - if I see statistics misrepresented or misinformation shared I am probably going to refute it, because that feels like the right thing to do. But I'll try to keep your post in mind.
    [save]

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I started my post before seeing this, but totally fair.

This right here is why I even respond in the first place. They're not solid points... they're sentiments based on a misunderstanding of the presented data (most of the time). It's unintentional but it is misinformation that I am responding to.

There used to be an ignore feature you could use but I can't seem to find it.

I don't want to be a piece of shit about it but I know myself so I'll apologize in advance - if I see statistics misrepresented or misinformation shared I am probably going to refute it, because that feels like the right thing to do. But I'll try to keep your post in mind.
    Damn, I apologize because this is a little off topic but was the ignore feature ever needed? I had no idea that was a thing in here and I've dealt with Crocker.
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Greek Beauties - September Entry

Vicky Kavoura

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Damn, I apologize because this is a little off topic but was the ignore feature ever needed? I had no idea that was a thing in here and I've dealt with Crocker.
    I used it a handful of times. I'm sure it was used on me exponentially more. I never understood the Crocker thing, though. I keep hearing people poo poo that name and I don't remember feeling one way or the other about him but I probably wasn't around or paying attention.

In some positive news, Pokemon Go had previously undone its pandemic changes (that were largely seen as improvements, so removing them was to the dismay of many players) as a result of vaccination prevalence, but influencers who play the game banded together to boycott it and now we have those improvements back again.

Little things like increasing the radius of PokeStops so that you don't need to get as close to the landmark, allowing people to social distance a bit more and need to enter buildings less. They had restored this functionality to New Zealand once they went into lockdown but did not do so in the U.S., despite surges occurring all over. They recently bent the knee and I am very grateful that they were made to see reason.
    [save]

Cult of Fuji

Status

I think alot of data is misconstrued or not given fully at this moment in time as we are dealing with a virus that changes itself so frequently. I work with at risk teens in group homes (think Girls incarcerated on Netflix if you don't understand, trouble with the law in many various forms both males and females). I have a facility in quarantine right now as the staff and clients who were vaccinated have covid but the ones who were not did not contract it. Makes no sense at all how this thing is acting dealing with teenagers who can't and haven't been able to go or do things for over year is stressful enough now compound that with kids and adults who want to argue over vaccines and the sort makes it harder. The unit I work in all of our staff but 2 are vaccinated and all of our clients are vaccinated but 1and we have had out breaks as well.

I got the vaccine and got it two months later. I have gotten shingles now as well this year and several sinus infections since not saying any of them are related but not things I tend to get as I am relatively healthy for a 44 year old. No meds no other health issues I do tend to get 2 sinus infections a year spring an at the end of fall but this year has been crazy and more frequent.

I can't sit here and spout out facts or figures but just based upon my own experience with what I see daily at my job and at home.

In fact I infected my whole family with covid my wife and two daughters one is 11 and the other is 1 along with my 17 and 15 year old nephews and two friends at my daughter's 1 year birthday party. The crazy thing was I was with my dad who is 64 for 3 straight days who helped me put sub flooring in my house for 9 hours and was with him at the party the next day and then on Easter who didn't get it.

I get the skepticism the vaccine as well as the support for it as well as we don't know everything about the virus and how it reacts and responds since it changes itself so much.

"I eat Green Berrets for breakfast on Tap a Talk"

TEAM CYRUS

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Vaccine mandates coming down hard and based on the responses here from WC users who have actually dealt with this awful virus, it's about damn time. Big fan of Joe Biden siding with a fed-up majority to protect us from a confused, dangerous, and irresponsible minority. Now if he could start dealing with white supremacist terrorism similarly, that would be great!
    [save]

World Champion

Status

The biggest protest in Canadian history is about to go down in Montreal on Sunday to protest against these idiotic passports. The media will once again try and say its only a few thousand lol.

It seems our idiotic right wing provincial government( who are pushing these passports) are starting to swallow the hard truth....they are now openly admitting we will have to start learning to live with the virus and the vaccine passport didnt really push people to get vaccinated. Stagnant at 80 % fully vaxxed.

Trudeau is going to get voted out because of his us vs them campaign
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The biggest protest in Canadian history is about to go down in Montreal on Sunday to protest against these idiotic passports.
    This makes Canadians sound like a bunch of entitled morons. I thought that was our job.
    [save]

World Champion

Status

This makes Canadians sound like a bunch of entitled morons. I thought that was our job.
    Every single one of us????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Every single one of us????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ........................... yes.

Spoiler:

of course not. dont be a goober.
    [save]

Cardcaptor

Status

The biggest protest in Canadian history is about to go down in Montreal on Sunday to protest against these idiotic passports.
    Protesting vaccination passports is a bigger deal than thousands of dead indigenous children at residential schools?

USA and Canada really aren't so different, eh?
    Everything will surely be alright.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Protesting vaccination passports is a bigger deal than thousands of dead indigenous children at residential schools?

USA and Canada really aren't so different, eh?
    There were protest for the residential schools tragedies........

Should I have brought that up in the coronavirus thread?
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-11-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Cardcaptor

Status

There were protest for the residential schools tragedies........

Should I have brought that up in the coronavirus thread?
    Yes, but you said that this is going to be the largest ever Canadian protest.

Do you think it makes more sense to protest against vaccination passports than a genuine tragedy? Because I don't see how you can compare the two. One is a true tragedy and monumental loss of life. The other? Well, people not wanting to be arsed to do something.

It seems really entitled and petty.

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

What's the problem with vaccine passports? "Ma freedom" aye fuck off. There's people in my work who are fully vaccinated kicking up a fuss about a fucking QR code.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

The problem with passports?

1. Creating a two-tier society despite making the vaccine "voluntary". And that means locking people out of society who haven't had the vaccine who aren't anti-vaxxers

2. Neither the vaccine nor the passport will prevent you from spreading or catching the virus, only reduce it. Therefore it serves no purpose other than control.

I agree with its use for travel purposes, but not with day-to-day societal use. Thankfully, it looks like the UK government aren't going ahead with it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Yes, but you said that this is going to be the largest ever Canadian protest.

Do you think it makes more sense to protest against vaccination passports than a genuine tragedy? Because I don't see how you can compare the two. One is a true tragedy and monumental loss of life. The other? Well, people not wanting to be arsed to do something.

It seems really entitled and petty.
    You can protest both......

and im not comparing them....you brought it up since i guess you are...

It seems you are butthurt over the fact there is so much pushback against these passports in both our countries and across the planet. Its happening in Australia too. So you tried to make a witty statement even with "eh" attached at the end of said statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The problem with passports?

1. Creating a two-tier society despite making the vaccine "voluntary". And that means locking people out of society who haven't had the vaccine who aren't anti-vaxxers

2. Neither the vaccine nor the passport will prevent you from spreading or catching the virus, only reduce it. Therefore it serves no purpose other than control.

I agree with its use for travel purposes, but not with day-to-day societal use. Thankfully, it looks like the UK government aren't going ahead with it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-12-2021 at 07:01 AM.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

1. Creating a two-tier society despite making the vaccine "voluntary".
    You'll notice that no proponents of a vaccine mandate use terminology like "two-tier society" because it's bullshit. Did the identification system the United States uses to stop minors from buying alcohol create a two-tier society, just because some human beings over the age of 21 don't have valid identification? Hell, does requiring a driver's license for drivers create a two-tier society just because some people can't pass the driving test, or does the fact that this makes our roads somewhat safer justify its necessity? Neither of these are 1:1 scenarios so don't waste time trying to poke holes in them just appreciate the broader points being made. Edit: Thinking about it more, a better way to look at it is that because people who aren't showing symptoms can still spread it, this is a bit like a ban on a weapon people don't know if they have on them, or if it will 'accidentally discharge.'

And nevermind all that, if people who are vaccinated want to be protected from those who choose not to be, don't they have the right to feel protected from idiocy? Should someone's stupidity (remember, I said 'choose') be a determining factor in how much danger you face during your day-to-day life? Certainly not if it can be helped, right?

No company or person wants to be held liable for people getting sick, and no individual should need to face unnecessary risk to go about their lives. In a world where we have a vaccine for coronavirus, people CHOOSING not to be vaccinated pose an unnecessary risk and it's well beyond time to put the burden on them.

And that means locking people out of society who haven't had the vaccine who aren't anti-vaxxers
    I welcome you to find any documentation that suggests this. I also welcome you to imagine a scenario where people who actually can't (and for legitimate reasons, not 'religious' bullshit or 'muh freedom') are considered exempt or have special accommodations, because it's a bit asinine to suggest that people who actually can't get the vaccine would be treated the same as those making a personal choice not to get it, without first having evidence of this. But if you have evidence of this and you're not just blowing smoke, I'm willing to view it.

2. Neither the vaccine nor the passport will prevent you from spreading or catching the virus, only reduce it.
    Right. The virus is so bad we cannot stop it, we can only hope to contain it. So, you're what... against containment? Against reduction of virus spread? Are you wearing a Team Virus t-shirt as you type this or something?

Therefore it serves no purpose other than control.
    If you really think reduction of the virus' spread, which will literally SAVE LIVES is for 'no purpose other than control' you are completely missing the point of the efforts being made to combat this thing and I can't fathom how you could be so off the mark after two years of this shit. We already have mandatory vaccines, are those for control as well? C'mon now.

I agree with its use for travel purposes, but not with day-to-day societal use.
    That would be a reasonable stance to take if people were only exposed to the virus during travel and not during "day-to-day society." But since we all know better (this includes you), that's an entirely unreasonable stance to take.

I will echo Sakura's sentiments - it seems really entitled and petty. I would also add careless, reckless, and dangerous to that list.

Please do not respond to this post indyfan, I have no interest in seeing how you'll misconstrue things this time.
    Last edited by The Natural; 09-12-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    [save]

World Champion

Status

You'll notice that no proponents of a vaccine mandate use terminology like "two-tier society" because it's bullshit. Did the identification system the United States uses to stop minors from buying alcohol create a two-tier society, just because some human beings over the age of 21 don't have valid identification? Hell, does requiring a driver's license for drivers create a two-tier society just because some people can't pass the driving test, or does the fact that this makes our roads somewhat safer justify its necessity? Neither of these are 1:1 scenarios so don't waste time trying to poke holes in them just appreciate the broader points being made.

And nevermind all that, if people who are vaccinated want to be protected from those who choose not to be, don't they have the right to feel protected from idiocy? Should someone's stupidity (remember, I said 'choose') be a determining factor in how much danger you face during your day-to-day life? Certainly not if it can be helped, right?

No company or person wants to be held liable for people getting sick, and no individual should need to face unnecessary risk to go about their lives. In a world where we have a vaccine for coronavirus, people CHOOSING not to be vaccinated pose an unnecessary risk and it's well beyond time to put the burden on them.

I welcome you to find any documentation that suggests this. I also welcome you to imagine a scenario where people who actually can't (and for legitimate reasons, not 'religious' bullshit or 'muh freedom') are considered exempt or have special accommodations, because it's a bit asinine to suggest that people who actually can't get the vaccine would be treated the same as those making a personal choice not to get it, without first having evidence of this. But if you have evidence of this and you're not just blowing smoke, I'm willing to view it.

Right. The virus is so bad we cannot stop it, we can only hope to contain it. So, you're what... against containment? Against reduction of virus spread? Are you wearing a Team Virus t-shirt as you type this or something?

If you really think reduction of the virus' spread, which will literally SAVE LIVES is for 'no purpose other than control' you are completely missing the point of the efforts being made to combat this thing and I can't fathom how you could be so off the mark after two years of this shit. We already have mandatory vaccines, are those for control as well? C'mon now.

That would be a reasonable stance to take if people were only exposed to the virus during travel and not during "day-to-day society." But since we all know better (this includes you), that's an entirely unreasonable stance to take.

I will echo Sakura's sentiments - it seems really entitled and petty. I would also add careless, reckless, and dangerous to that list.

Please do not respond to this post indyfan, I have no interest in seeing how you'll misconstrue things this time.
    First thing first...ill do as i please. Second thing...its ok to be scared bud.

If you dont want me responding keep my name out of your mouth

edit: i shouldnt be poking fun at being scared. thats bs on my part.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-12-2021 at 01:57 PM.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

The world's leading health experts are on record suggesting the virus be taken seriously, you don't need to waste your time saying "its ok to be scared." Anyone that's been paying attention since news broke about this thing knows that.

I think the mistake some people have in approaching any discussions related to this matter is giving both sides equal measure or pretending this is some sort of debate. If one side represents academic/scientific/healthcare-community consensus, there's no real debate. Sure, things can be argued and delays may be achieved, but in the end, a government has a responsibility to its people to provide adequate protection against unnecessary risk and harm. If vaccines minimize risk and harm as much as the major studies suggest, it makes all the sense in the world that a government would want to make them mandatory. It protects the people who don't want to get this virus and it protects the people who shouldn't have to ignore health issues because healthcare resources are stretched thin due to anti-vaxxers in hospitals.

Some have suggested that anti-vaxxers who have made the choice (not due to other illness or something) to forego the vaccine be denied any medical care if they should get the virus, so that those resources can be used towards people who are doing their part to reduce transmission of the virus. Would you be okay with this? Or is this also a two-tier society? Because at some point, this recklessness, carelessness, and disregard for the health and well-being of others has got to come to a fucking end. Is it okay for doctors to say "fuck it, let those selfish bastards die?" Do you think doctors even want to have to think like that? Because health resources are not infinite, and difficult choices are being made in hospitals every day because of this thing.

I commend Biden and his crew for the strides they are making, I just wish we had done the responsible thing sooner.
    [save]

World Champion

Status

im no more scared of covid than the flu. that doesnt mean i want to get it. nor does ot mean id rather it than the flu.

There are medical professionals who say this entire thing is overblown. and when they do say it... they are called quacks, conspirary theorists etc.

Why hasn't their been a real debate between the two sides..... There should be. instead its nope were right and those other educated people are simply uneducated quacks. despite earning degrees in Universities

People that say anti vaxxers should forgoe medical treatment are knee jerk idiots. first of all in my country, everyone pays taxes into our public health system. They have every right to get treatment regardless of medical history. Doctors and Nurses are mad? what can we say....everyone has shit to deal with at the jobs WE CHOOSE...our taxes also pay their salaries

imagine Firefighters not wanting to stop fires because someone fell asleep with a cigarette in their mouth.

The real truth is....you cant make a a significant amount of people get the vaccine. Our leaders are already realizing this. the vaccine passports only convinced a small amount of people to go out and get it.

my question is...why isnt the flu vacccine treated the same way? Also do you always get your flu vaccine?

its spreads by droplets...check
    it kills kids and elderly... check
    Lingering long term effects...check
    it can spread with minimal symptoms...check
    it kills between 250k-650k people per year( cdc website baybay)

its not so much that im super against a passport, its that why are those kids and Elders dying from the flu not worth having a passport for?

And no ones asks you to prove you have a flu vaccine, measles vaccine , smallpox vaccine to go to a theater.

the passport is only for covid

the craziest part about this Nattie is your not happy with me or others that dont share your view on the passports.

not because we arent unvaccinated (we are), we wear masks, social distance

nope because you kind of want an us vs them scenario and you want us to join your crusade
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-12-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Cardcaptor

Status

You can protest both......

and im not comparing them....you brought it up since i guess you are...

It seems you are butthurt over the fact there is so much pushback against these passports in both our countries and across the planet. Its happening in Australia too. So you tried to make a witty statement even with "eh" attached at the end of said statement.

Pretty much this.
    Look at my post history.

I always say "Eh".

Yes, there are morons in the USA and Australia. Shocker! You telling me there are idiots everywhere doesn't make the idiots in your country any less so.

I'm not butthurt, either. I'm simply pointing out there are large amounts of morons, and that's a frustrating thing. Certainly not surprising, though.

Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134

Thread Information