Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2680

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2561
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,105
    Rep Power
    1608192

    Re: Coronavirus

    i ve been hanging with my friends without masks since that is ok in my province now. its been about a few weeks now . were even allowed to do it in doors.

    Weve been getting approx 100 new cases a day for about a month. population approx 6-7 million here in Quebec
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-23-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  2. #2562
    [be more kind]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,498
    Rep Power
    2961953
      Country                    England

    Re: Coronavirus

    Had my first pub sesh and cinema visit last week, and with the return of parkrun today, my first mass-start running event in 18 months. It's not completely "back to normal", but things do seem to be picking back up again, which is nice.

    Been keeping an eye on the figures in my area this last fortnight. Cases flew up post Euros final, higher than the England average for the first time. But our vaccination average rate is 10% ahead of the rest of the country, so the dent in healthcare has so far been a fraction of what it was in January. And now cases are levelling off, despite no restrictions being put in place. Hopeful stuff.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  3. #2563
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,314
    Rep Power
    1871968

    Re: Coronavirus

    Starting to expect things to get ugly again in western Canada. Our vaccination numbers have plateaued and not progressed. We are starting to see a slow uptick and its almost all the Delta variant. Alberta is seeing some post-Stampede increases. To which they announced yesterday that they are responding to by.... stopping isolation requirements and testing. Fucking. Seriously. Positive cases will no longer be legally required to isolate. Testing will be restricted to those needing patient care. So basically the Florida model of management. We are like a week away from the CFL season starting - here in Saskatchewan, that will be full capacity (40K) crowd with no vaccine requirements. I just imagine that leading to Delta running rampant through some of the smaller communities, where vaccine rates are lower than in the bigger centers.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  4. #2564
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,867
    Rep Power
    602121

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I just imagine that leading to Delta running rampant through some of the smaller communities, where vaccine rates are lower than in the bigger centers.
    And mutating among the unvaccinated into something that poses serious harm to the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. But how do you convince people to stop getting their news from Facebook?

    The day after my second jab was a shitty feverish hell and knowing I may not reach a one-year anniversary from it before there's some variant out there that's rendered the vaccine useless is pretty shitty.
    [save]


  5. #2565
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,105
    Rep Power
    1608192

    Re: Coronavirus

    im moving my 2nd dose up from September 8th to this Sunday. I just want it done and over with. Delta isnt that big yet in Quebec. im not overly worried or anything. it just makes sense to get it now.

    Not sure if anyone heard about the fully vaccinated woman who died of covid a few days ago. pretty sad stuff.

    In general variants usually become less dangerous as viruses mutate. Dangerous as in deadly not more infectious
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-30-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  6. #2566
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,867
    Rep Power
    602121

    Re: Coronavirus

    File this one under 'about damn time': https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/busin...nts/index.html

    If people don't want vaccines to be mandatory, fine. Some people will avoid it because they fear what they do not understand, a tale as old as time. But that shouldn't have fucked the rest of us - they could have made proof of vaccination mandatory to enter any indoor public areas or private businesses, and had auditors (think secret shoppers with bogus cards) routinely check if businesses were turning people away or not. No private business should be able to opt-out because they ordinarily get shut down when their premises poses a public health risk and this is no different.


    Let people who oppose the vaccine get Postmates for dinner and Instacart for groceries. There's an upcharge, sure, but it's a small price to pay for the comfort of knowing you're helping humanity overcome a pandemic. This way people don't have to get the vaccine, but if they don't, we are least trying to prevent recklessness from setting us back. It all feels a bit like when the class gets punished for the actions of a few troublemakers. At least New York is finally cracking down.
    [save]


  7. #2567
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,105
    Rep Power
    1608192

    Re: Coronavirus

    man its been two days from my second dose. felt pretty good. used the vaccine to leave early yesterday so i could play videogames at home lol.

    but i do get the occasional sore stomach that lasts about 5 minutes then goes away. not sure if its related
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  8. #2568
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,587
    Rep Power
    1480700

    Re: Coronavirus

    Glad you got your second jab, Indy. Sounds like you haven't had it too rough from it, either. Good stuff!

    And hey, any excuse is a good one to play more games lol
    Everything will surely be alright.



  9. #2569
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,105
    Rep Power
    1608192

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Glad you got your second jab, Indy. Sounds like you haven't had it too rough from it, either. Good stuff!

    And hey, any excuse is a good one to play more games lol
    Thanks!!! Yeah im feeling pretty good so far outside of a sore stomach evervso often that lasts about 5 minutes.

    And yes any reason to stay home, get high and play video games all day is a good reason. hell, i do it once a month. lol
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  10. #2570
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,867
    Rep Power
    602121

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    File this one under 'about damn time': https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/busin...nts/index.html

    If people don't want vaccines to be mandatory, fine. Some people will avoid it because they fear what they do not understand, a tale as old as time. But that shouldn't have fucked the rest of us - they could have made proof of vaccination mandatory to enter any indoor public areas or private businesses, and had auditors (think secret shoppers with bogus cards) routinely check if businesses were turning people away or not. No private business should be able to opt-out because they ordinarily get shut down when their premises poses a public health risk and this is no different.


    Let people who oppose the vaccine get Postmates for dinner and Instacart for groceries. There's an upcharge, sure, but it's a small price to pay for the comfort of knowing you're helping humanity overcome a pandemic. This way people don't have to get the vaccine, but if they don't, we are least trying to prevent recklessness from setting us back. It all feels a bit like when the class gets punished for the actions of a few troublemakers. At least New York is finally cracking down.
    Los Angeles now, too. You love to see it.

    https://ktla.com/news/local-news/eno...ing-bars-gyms/
    [save]


  11. #2571
    🦖
    Sulley's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    9,981
    Rep Power
    3516789

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Los Angeles now, too. You love to see it.

    https://ktla.com/news/local-news/eno...ing-bars-gyms/
    It's the only solution at this point to fix the vaccination rates.

    Don't let unvaccinated people do anything. They'll get vaccinated sure enough.

    No schools. No gyms. No bars or restaurants. No amusement parks, or parks or movie theatres. No work...crack down and force your employees to get the vaccine or fire them. No travel. No bus rides. Y'all can go to the grocery store and get gas. That's it. You wanna do anything else? Get fucking vaccinated.

    Make the unvaccinated outcasts.

    The vaccination rate will rise. It sucks for the folks that physically can't get vaccinated due to medical conditions, but it is what it is at this point. Once the vaccination rate hits like, 90% we can ease up on the restrictions. But until then, we can't play no man left behind at this point.

  12. #2572
    [be more kind]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,498
    Rep Power
    2961953
      Country                    England

    Re: Coronavirus

    Yeah, because fuck those with health issues, allegies, needle phobias, etc. right? No society for them!

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  13. #2573
    VINTAGE POSTER!
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    20,154
    Rep Power
    2547469
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    It's the only solution at this point to fix the vaccination rates.

    Don't let unvaccinated people do anything. They'll get vaccinated sure enough.

    No schools. No gyms. No bars or restaurants. No amusement parks, or parks or movie theatres. No work...crack down and force your employees to get the vaccine or fire them. No travel. No bus rides. Y'all can go to the grocery store and get gas. That's it. You wanna do anything else? Get fucking vaccinated.

    Make the unvaccinated outcasts.

    The vaccination rate will rise. It sucks for the folks that physically can't get vaccinated due to medical conditions, but it is what it is at this point. Once the vaccination rate hits like, 90% we can ease up on the restrictions. But until then, we can't play no man left behind at this point.
    I think to really drive this point home, we ought to make the unvaccinated wear an arm band symbolising their impurity.


    Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  14. #2574
    Demon on the Loose
    RED's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    5,181
    Rep Power
    1429429
      Country                    Greece

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I think to really drive this point home, we ought to make the unvaccinated wear an arm band symbolising their impurity.
    Or execute them
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)




    Greek Beauties - September Entry

    Vicky Kavoura








  15. #2575
    Vodka Drinking Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    41,705
    Rep Power
    7395260
      Country                    England

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Yeah, because fuck those with health issues, allegies, needle phobias, etc. right? No society for them!

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    And also just how long it takes to roll this thing out to 90%. We’ve been going strong since January and we’re at 74% of adults double jabbed. No society for those Americans until 2022? Be realistic. That’s just gonna lead to people forging their vaccination documents.

    I’m sure these radical plans will go over well with the Americans that won’t enter a discussion on giving up their guns.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

    Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

  16. #2576
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,105
    Rep Power
    1608192

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    It's the only solution at this point to fix the vaccination rates.

    Don't let unvaccinated people do anything. They'll get vaccinated sure enough.

    No schools. No gyms. No bars or restaurants. No amusement parks, or parks or movie theatres. No work...crack down and force your employees to get the vaccine or fire them. No travel. No bus rides. Y'all can go to the grocery store and get gas. That's it. You wanna do anything else? Get fucking vaccinated.

    Make the unvaccinated outcasts.

    The vaccination rate will rise. It sucks for the folks that physically can't get vaccinated due to medical conditions, but it is what it is at this point. Once the vaccination rate hits like, 90% we can ease up on the restrictions. But until then, we can't play no man left behind at this point.
    Do you not see how insane this sounds?

    Not to mention its discrimination against those who have medical reasons.

    My province is introducing vaccine passports and there are already establishments saying they will only serve people who are fully vaccinated.

    This is wrong on so many levels. And its going to blow up in their faces
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-06-2021 at 07:32 AM.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  17. #2577
    Demon on the Loose
    RED's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    5,181
    Rep Power
    1429429
      Country                    Greece

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    And also just how long it takes to roll this thing out to 90%. We’ve been going strong since January and we’re at 74% of adults double jabbed. No society for those Americans until 2022? Be realistic. That’s just gonna lead to people forging their vaccination documents.

    I’m sure these radical plans will go over well with the Americans that won’t enter a discussion on giving up their guns.
    Greeks are already doing that. A couple of doctors have been arrested for that.
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)




    Greek Beauties - September Entry

    Vicky Kavoura








  18. #2578
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,105
    Rep Power
    1608192

    Re: Coronavirus

    The resistance will be strong on this once we roll into a year of it happenning. Im expecting full on riots and destruction.

    its not just the un vaccinated...it will also be people who are vaccinated and view this as bullshit.

    medical discrimination
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-06-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  19. #2579
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    34,038
    Rep Power
    6600789
      Country                    Canada

    Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Los Angeles now, too. You love to see it.

    https://ktla.com/news/local-news/eno...ing-bars-gyms/
    I’m in Santa Monica right now, which is part of LA county. Outside of having to put a mask on to enter a building, people here don’t give two shits about whether you’re vaccinated or not, and I highly doubt they’ll be enforcing this shit.

    I have to say, it’s interesting to hear your hot takes on things happening in LA and then being in California myself for the last 10 days and seeing that you’re totally blowing smoke out of your ass. Nobody in Del Mar, San Diego or Santa Monica acts or speaks like you do. Not a single person. I wonder why that is?


    ”The New and Improved AstraPfizer Bunny”
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 08-06-2021 at 12:38 PM.


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  20. #2580
    Le Champion
    Baldwin's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,874
    Rep Power
    515414
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Coronavirus

    Most legal restrictions lift on Monday here in Scotland. Not looking forward to it at all but w/e. I'll continue to wear a mask etc



Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •