Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2481

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #2441
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,534
    Rep Power
    1465735

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    These comments are contradictory. If it’s anyone’s choice to take it, you shouldn’t be glad Quebec is ceasing its usage.

    Tbh, though, no matter how you slice it, your numerous negative comments towards AZ show your feelings on it quite clearly. You may not be one of the vaccine shamers I mentioned above, but it does appear that you think it’s second rate, and by that logic, it stands to reason that anyone who took it (myself included) has chosen poorly.

    Anyhow, I’m done with this vaccine bullshit. I feel like I did the right thing, and I’m sick and fucking tired of the MSM trying to spin that I somehow chose an inferior product. Fuck that noise. You can’t even do right without some asshole (not you, Indy, just in general) second guessing you. That’s what we’ve become.


    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."
    I for one am happy for you, Fooji.
    Everything will surely be alright.



  2. #2442
    [be more kind]
    Postrik Hrošovskı's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,246
    Rep Power
    2619136
      Country                    England

    Re: Coronavirus

    Looks like the Indian variant could postpone our last stage of reopening. In a way though, this will be a good test of how effective these vaccines are at slowing transmission and lowering hospital admissions.

    BTW, as nice as it is for people to be able to hug from Monday, there's something fairly dystopian about having permission from government to do so.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  3. #2443
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,713
    Rep Power
    504705

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i still find the push for vaccinated strange. maybe its my ignorance.
    It is. 100,000%.

    I got the Pfizer deal and second dose was dreadful. Shakes, fever, etc. lost a whole day of my life. But so worth it.
    [save]


  4. #2444

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    It is. 100,000%.

    I got the Pfizer deal and second dose was dreadful. Shakes, fever, etc. lost a whole day of my life. But so worth it.
    I had a great experience with the Pfizer. The only side effect I had with either shot was that my arm was sore for a day.

  5. #2445
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,691
    Rep Power
    1349617

    Re: Coronavirus

    I get my first this Wednesday. I hope im not sick from it. Were almost at 50% first shot administered. I wonder how much freedom we get back when this is all said and done.
    I am the Foundation

    https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

  6. #2446
    Tag Team Specialist
    Thomas Thunberg's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    118866
      Country                    Sweden

    Re: Coronavirus

    So lockdown is easing again in the UK today. 2 things that I don't agree with:

    Hugging is now allowed
    Masks aren't compulsory in schools, colleges, universities etc

    With the Indian variant posing a very serious risk to us being able to move on to the final stag of lockdown easing on the 21st of June, and government already laying the foundations for that final step being delayed, I don't see why they've agreed to scrap mask wearing in tightly packed schools, colleges and so on and allow hugging. I know they keep saying that you should 'be selective with who you hug' and 'don't do it too long' but will people use common sense with that? Absolutely not.
    They know that the Indian variant is spreading fast so why not delay things like scrapping masks and hugging for a while while we try and suppress it? I work in an educational setting and our principal has said he is keeping all restricitons in place, including mask wearing. I'm glad he has.

    The data coming out seems to be suggesting that the vaccines are still effective against this deadly variant, but the quesiton is; will it be enough? From a selfish perspective, delaying the further easing of restricitons ont he 21st of June would have really complicated implicaitons on my life so I really hope that they people remain cautious, careful sensible and that the vaccine rollout continues to be effective.

  7. #2447
    [be more kind]
    Postrik Hrošovskı's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,246
    Rep Power
    2619136
      Country                    England

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    The data coming out seems to be suggesting that the vaccines are still effective against this deadly variant, but the quesiton is; will it be enough?
    Well, shouldn't it?

    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the position you're coming from (a high level of face-to-face contact), but I don't see what more you could ask for without causing unnecessary delays. The world has to move on.


    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  8. #2448
    People's Champion
    Baldricovic's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    6,273
    Rep Power
    1197578
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Coronavirus

    Hugging isn't allowed in Wales so we're still good haha!
    I have a plan so cunning......

    #ShadeWinsLOL

  9. #2449
    AVGVSTVS DE WC
    Tuco Grimirez's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Barrows Mansion, Romsdalen, Norway
    Posts
    9,808
    Rep Power
    1790107
      Country                    Norway

    Re: Coronavirus

    For the first time through this entire thing I am getting tested for COVID. I had my second shot two weeks ago but I have had bad insomnia and general malaise the last few days. Some of the symptoms showing. Let's hope it isn't too bad.

  10. #2450
    Tag Team Specialist
    Thomas Thunberg's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    118866
      Country                    Sweden

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Well, shouldn't it?

    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the position you're coming from (a high level of face-to-face contact), but I don't see what more you could ask for without causing unnecessary delays. The world has to move on.


    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure what you're saying?
    I'm of the opinion that hugging shouldn't be allowed yet and I'm of the opinion that masks should still be complulsory in educaitonal settings. I don't see how either of those delay the opening of wider society, preventing the world from moving on? If anything both would help things in that respect.

    With regards to my quesiton of "will the vaccines be enough against the new variant?", yes, I sincerely hope it will be. The data coming out so far says that the vaccine is still effective against the Indian variant, but less so than against all previous variants. They don't know what level of protection it does offer, so while it's less, it could be anything from 5% less effective to 50% less effective (for all we know). We don't know yet. Signs seem to point that it still offers a high enough level of protection.

    The data so far also says that the recent surge in cases are mostly cases of the new variant and that those being admitted/testing positive are mostly people who have either not yet been vaccinated or have been offered but have rejected it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Hugging isn't allowed in Wales so we're still good haha!
    As if I dindn't need ANOTHER reason to wish I still lived back in the promised land!

  11. #2451
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Declan Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    33,862
    Rep Power
    6222780
      Country                    Canada

    Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The world has to move on.
    The pandemic has allowed a (thankfully) small part of society to live out their anti-social wet dreams in reality. Do you really think people like that ever want it to be over? How will they survive if they’re not being called heroes for sitting on their couch watching Netflix and making Jeff Bezos richer while simultaneously using their iPad to complain about the wealth divide on Reddit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Grimirez View Post
    For the first time through this entire thing I am getting tested for COVID. I had my second shot two weeks ago but I have had bad insomnia and general malaise the last few days. Some of the symptoms showing. Let's hope it isn't too bad.
    Good luck buddy, let’s hope it’s not COVID.

    It’s possible you just have general malaise because I forgot to send you my nudes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'm of the opinion that hugging shouldn't be allowed yet
    Thankfully, nobody’s forcing you to go out and hug anyone else.

    Man, I thought Canada was bad, but even we didn’t do something as ridiculous as tell people they couldn’t hug each other until the government gave us the green light. Holy Hannah, that’s messed up.


    Oh, and thanks Vayne, much appreciated.

    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  12. #2452
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,691
    Rep Power
    1349617

    Re: Coronavirus

    I plan of getting drunk tonight and smoking some Js. Got my vaccine tomorrow. Is there any issues with this medically?
    I am the Foundation

    https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

  13. #2453
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Declan Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    33,862
    Rep Power
    6222780
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I plan of getting drunk tonight and smoking some Js. Got my vaccine tomorrow. Is there any issues with this medically?
    I smoked some weed the night before mine and didn’t have any issues. Can’t say if it’s advisable or not, but I highly doubt THC is going to fuck with the vaccine.

    I didn’t drink before, as I didn’t want to be dehydrated the next day. I followed the same practice that I do before my yearly physical.


    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  14. #2454
    All About That Ace
    Jonnarumma's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hollywoo
    Posts
    17,202
    Rep Power
    4417124
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

    Re: Coronavirus

    Seems like everyone in Toronto 18+ can register for vaccinations now. I've got my date booked. I fucking hate needles but itll be great to get this over with and move on so to speak. Still going to be depressing thinking about the millions who didn't make it through whether by their own negligence or others. Here's to us learning our lesson next time.


  15. #2455
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Declan Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    33,862
    Rep Power
    6222780
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlywhiskers View Post
    Seems like everyone in Toronto 18+ can register for vaccinations now. I've got my date booked. I fucking hate needles but itll be great to get this over with and move on so to speak. Still going to be depressing thinking about the millions who didn't make it through whether by their own negligence or others. Here's to us learning our lesson next time.
    Trust me, you won’t even feel it. The shot takes, like, a second to administer. You got this baby!


    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  16. #2456
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,691
    Rep Power
    1349617

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I smoked some weed the night before mine and didn’t have any issues. Can’t say if it’s advisable or not, but I highly doubt THC is going to fuck with the vaccine.

    I didn’t drink before, as I didn’t want to be dehydrated the next day. I followed the same practice that I do before my yearly physical.


    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."
    Ahh i wont over drink. maybe 5 or 6. i usually drink 2 litres of water a day normally.
    I am the Foundation

    https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

  17. #2457

    Queen's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    10,731
    Rep Power
    3773689
      Country                    United States

    Re: Coronavirus

    Being well-hydrated is always good life advice but I was advised to definitely make sure you're drinking a lot of water before and after the shot. So drinking probably won't be too bad, just try and replenish your fluids before you get stuck.


    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:



    [footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]


  18. #2458
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Declan Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    33,862
    Rep Power
    6222780
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Ahh i wont over drink. maybe 5 or 6. i usually drink 2 litres of water a day normally.
    Yeah, 5 or 6 is nothing. You should be good to go. Don’t forget to let us know how it turns out, and if you grow a third arm, you better damn well post the pics.


    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  19. #2459
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,691
    Rep Power
    1349617

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Being well-hydrated is always good life advice but I was advised to definitely make sure you're drinking a lot of water before and after the shot. So drinking probably won't be too bad, just try and replenish your fluids before you get stuck.
    I always do. I love water so much more than I used to. i drink as much as i can. my shot's at 1030 tomorrow and i wont be up past 1 am. i still gotta get my rugrats to school and daycare by 8 am. I wont be over doing it. Its not worth it in the morning with kids
    I am the Foundation

    https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

  20. #2460
    AVGVSTVS DE WC
    Tuco Grimirez's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Barrows Mansion, Romsdalen, Norway
    Posts
    9,808
    Rep Power
    1790107
      Country                    Norway

    Re: Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    The pandemic has allowed a (thankfully) small part of society to live out their anti-social wet dreams in reality. Do you really think people like that ever want it to be over? How will they survive if they’re not being called heroes for sitting on their couch watching Netflix and making Jeff Bezos richer while simultaneously using their iPad to complain about the wealth divide on Reddit?


    Good luck buddy, let’s hope it’s not COVID.

    It’s possible you just have general malaise because I forgot to send you my nudes.


    Thankfully, nobody’s forcing you to go out and hug anyone else.

    Man, I thought Canada was bad, but even we didn’t do something as ridiculous as tell people they couldn’t hug each other until the government gave us the green light. Holy Hannah, that’s messed up.


    Oh, and thanks Vayne, much appreciated.

    ”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."
    Could be, could very well be! Well I tested negative so that's good. I think it might be an onset of an ulcer or Chron's disease. Hopefully it's nothing though.

Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •