Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Simpsons" Mafia

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

"The Simpsons" Mafia

ustv_the_simpsons_logo.jpg

Mr. Burns has rounded up a group of the meanest, most ruthless, despicable characters that have ever stepped foot into Springfield, in an attempt to take over the town, once and for all.

The TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD has banded together to drive out the evil forces of the SPRINGFIELD POWER PLANT. The Simpsons, along with their friends, coworkers, confidants, and heroes must fight for their freedom.

Or perish in the process.

Will you take up the mantle as one of Springfield's finest?

=====================================================

Rules Specific to this Game:
    Spoiler:

1. Shawn is the Game Moderator. PM roles to me.

2. In this game, the Town Aligned players are TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD ALIGNED and the Mafia Aligned players are SPRINGFIELD POWER PLANT ALIGNED.

3. Winners will work differently in this game than they traditionally have on WC. If SPRINGFIELD ALIGNED meets their win condition, then EVERY SPRINGFIELD ALIGNED PLAYER wins. So if Shake is Night Killed on Night 1, but Springfield ultimately eliminates the Power Plant, Shake is a winner. My hope and expectation is that this will cause town to work together, and not play selfishly to stay alive and obtain an arbitrary win. Those who are alive at the end WILL still be recognized, but early game work will not be forgotten.

4. Every player will have a claimable perk, including mafia. Town beware.

5. Play nice. We're all looking to have fun. I understand what competitiveness can bring out in some of us, but name calling, insulting, and general douchebaggery will NOT be tolerated. Modkills may be given or replacements brought in at Game Moderators discretion.
    Generic WC Mafia Rules:
    Spoiler:

(Full credit to Sully for the general formatting of these)

1. In general mafia games there are three different alignments: Town, Mafia, and Independent. The town does not know who mafia is, and their goal is to hunt them down and lynch them before they're outnumbered. The mafia's goal is to kill as many town members as they can either by night kill or by manipulating the town into lynching their own. And the Independent will have their own winning conditions. Whether all three alignments are in this game or not is up to you to figure out as you play. Each day you will vote to lynch one player in the game. Votes must be made in bold like this "Official Vote: RED" or they will not count. Once the majority vote is reached that player will be killed. Days will last 24 hours. After the day is over you will have 12 hours to send in your night power. Night will end when all powers are sent in or the 12 hour time period is reached. Day ONE will last 24 hours.

2. Each player will be assigned to a character from the Simpsons Universe. DO NOT REVEAL YOUR CHARACTER, DO NOT EVEN HINT AT WHO YOUR CHARACTER IS. Even slight hints will result in modkills. I am not playing around with this, I will be very strict with what constitutes a character hint. Characters and their role powers have little to no relation whatsoever, so do not try to play the game based on what characters you think would have certain powers because it will not be effective.

3. DO NOT edit your posts. You will be modkilled if you do.

4. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread. Not on the forum, not on facebook, not on Twitter, not on Snapchat, not by messenger pigeon, not during tea time with your mother. Once the game starts it stays in this thread until it is over. Once it is over then we can talk about it. If you die, do not talk to a player that is still alive in the game. I will set up and moderate a chat room for the mafia team, if you die you are no longer permitted to talk in the chatroom but you may still view it. If you have a teammate role and your teammate dies, you may no longer stay in contact. Once the game is over, then you can discuss. Any violations of these rules will result in modkill for parties involved. There WILL be a separate chatzy set up for players who are eliminated from the game. This is the only place you can talk about the active game after your death.

5. Be active. I won't be too strict, but you can't be going a whole day or more without a post. I will modkill or replace for inactivity at discretion. Most everybody has a unique and thought out role in the game, and I want to see them all used to their full potential. There will be a lot of different dynamics and variables, but it won't be fun if half of the players aren't being active. Two whole game days without a post is generally the criteria for a inactivity modkill, but duration of days and timezone of the player will be taken into consideration. DO NOT message me telling me a certain player should be modkilled.

6. Night posting is not allowed unless your role specifically states otherwise, unless specifically stated by the Game Moderator. Once the day ends you are no longer allowed to post unless your role specifically allows it. Mistakes happen and I won't be too strict, but if you post 30 minutes after the day ending post then that will likely be a modkill, if you post like 5 minutes after and it looks like it took you a long time to write up then it'll probably be ok. I will not enforce a no posting rule for once lynch is cast, so you cannot be modkilled in between the time lynch is cast and the day ending post. However, there will be a warning post before the day ending post, so I don't want to hear excuses if you post after the day ending post and you get modkilled. Modkills here will also be used at discretion.

7. You may not use screenshots of anything outside of the game thread to prove your innocence. This will result in an immediate modkill. If at any time you are uncertain of whether an action or post will result in a modkill, PM me just to be safe.

8. The game ends when the win conditions or lose conditions have been met for all players. Roles will be chosen randomly.
    =====================================================

Signups:

1. Jon/Todd
    2. SuperSayain
    3. Grim
    4. Keefmoon
    7. Broc Lobster
    8. Jimmy King
    9. Man
    10. OMB
    11. Sayer
    12. Fuji Vice
    13. Baldrick
    14. C3K
    15. Wang Chung
    17. Wolf Beast
    18. Shake
    19. Sully
    20. Zero
    22. Tig
    23. Mitch
    24. Renji
    25. Sykotic

Game will begin once full, after the completion of Shake's Godfather Mafia Game.

Last edited by Shawn; 02-07-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Spoiler:

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

Re: "The Simpsons" Mafia

but

"3. Winners will work differently in this game than they traditionally have on WC. If SPRINGFIELD ALIGNED meets their win condition, then EVERY SPRINGFIELD ALIGNED PLAYER wins. So if Shake is Night Killed on Night 1, but Springfield ultimately eliminates the Power Plant, Shake is a winner. My hope and expectation is that this will cause town to work together, and not play selfishly to stay alive and obtain an arbitrary win. Those who are alive at the end WILL still be recognized, but early game work will not be forgotten."

genuinely think this wont do anything and probably depends on very few and specific individuals. a town win for me is a town win and always has been. mod telling me wont change that lol. there are, imo, only a select few who are assholes about it and sabotage town play just to be one of the survivors because thats the only way they see it as a w. i dont think that this will change their mind.

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

Sun Tuh-Zoo

Status
      Country                    UK

I’ll take 9. And I promise to play nicely in this one.

Very Important Lobster

Status

5. Play nice. We're all looking to have fun. I understand what competitiveness can bring out in some of us, but name calling, insulting, and general douchebaggery will NOT be tolerated. Modkills may be given or replacements brought in at Game Moderators discretion.
    Would this include calling Man a dick? Asking for a friend.

World Champion

Status

11 Good sir.

Sun Tuh-Zoo

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Broc Lobster View Post
    Would this include calling Man a dick? Asking for a friend.
    I think based on that rule it’s best we just don’t interact with each other in this one

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    I think based on that rule it’s best we just don’t interact with each other in this one
    How about telling someone that they may consider themselves one of better mafia players, but if they vote you, they are the absolute worst player in the game?

Is that allowed?

Oh, and yeah, also, asking for a friend.

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'll take number 14. My first game so I imagine it'll go horribly, but I'll try anyway!

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

Quote Originally Posted by C3K View Post
    I'll take number 14. My first game so I imagine it'll go horribly, but I'll try anyway!
    i can almost guarantee there will be like 5 people worse than you.

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I like the sound of that.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I’ll go for number 12.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Portuguese man o’ war

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Should really be taking a break, but... it’s The Simpson’s.

Spoiler:

BEING THE BOOKER

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

18 bud

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

13 please good sir.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I’ll take 8 please
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

I'm Your Huckleberry

Status

Give me 19

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Two please sir.

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status
      Country                    Norway