Status
      Country                    England

Re: Ongoing WWE/AEW/Impact/ROH/Indy Injury Thread

Ridge Holland - legs exploded

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Oh wtf, I had no idea Deeb was out as well. AEW's roster is so deep that they shouldn't really feel the effects of those injuries. Really sucks for Dark Order and for Ricky who felt like he was firing in the right direction on all cylinders.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

As reported by the Observer, The Miz suffered a torn ACL at WrestleMania Backlash, so that’s why he was absent from last night’s Raw. Braun Strowman is out with an injury as well, I’m seeing it reported as broken ribs for Braun.

This is Miz’s first ever injury since he’s been in WWE or in since he’s been in wrestling, which is impressive that he’s gone that long injury free, but at the same time it’s unfortunate that it happened.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

It's being reported that The Miz tore his ACL at Backlash during his fight with a bunch of zombies. No word on whether it's a partial or full tear, but early estimates are looking at a 7-9 month on the injury list barring a speedy recovery.

If true, this would be Miz's first notable - barring that concussion at Mania [Insert Number] - injury of consequence in, like, forever. At the very least this means the zombie thing will be sold somewhat well instead of being ignored and never mentioned again, which depending on your stance is either fine or awful. Up to you.

EDIT: dangit Jimmy, beat me to it

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    As reported by the Observer, The Miz suffered a torn ACL at WrestleMania Backlash, so that’s why he was absent from last night’s Raw. Braun Strowman is out with an injury as well, I’m seeing it reported as broken ribs for Braun.

This is Miz’s first ever injury since he’s been in WWE or in since he’s been in wrestling, which is impressive that he’s gone that long injury free, but at the same time it’s unfortunate that it happened.
    Was it from a zombie bite?

This could be an excellent chance to debut him as The Walking Miz when he returns.

”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Was it from a zombie bite?

This could be an excellent chance to debut him as The Walking Miz when he returns.

His finisher can be called “Dawn of the Miz” or “Night of the Living Miz”.

The Miz, zombies ate his leg
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 05-18-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

As is so often in the case in WWE, its a bit of a blessing in disguise. The guy was stuck in a booking rut, capped off by the Zombies. He's been needing to take some time off just to stop the bleeding and then come back when someone actually has some direction for him other than: tell unfunny joke, then job to everyone.
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

B L A C K - M A S S

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    As is so often in the case in WWE, its a bit of a blessing in disguise. The guy was stuck in a booking rut, capped off by the Zombies. He's been needing to take some time off just to stop the bleeding and then come back when someone actually has some direction for him other than: tell unfunny joke, then job to everyone.
    So you want him to retire then.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    So you want him to retire then.
    Well...yeah. As a Miz fan I've been wanting him to retire and go 'Hollywood' for a while. Its dreadful seeing the continuous shit he's been booked into over the last couple of years. Ever since that feud with Shane which it seems he's never going to recover from.

The guy was on the cusp on the Main Event a few years back and even won over most of the fanbase finally, nowadays he's having tomatoes thrown at him by Corbin lite and being eaten by Zombies.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Well...yeah. As a Miz fan I've been wanting him to retire and go 'Hollywood' for a while. Its dreadful seeing the continuous shit he's been booked into over the last couple of years. Ever since that feud with Shane which it seems he's never going to recover from.

The guy was on the cusp on the Main Event a few years back and even won over most of the fanbase finally, nowadays he's having tomatoes thrown at him by Corbin lite and being eaten by Zombies.
    Tbh, where you’re concerned, it seems like nothing will ever be good enough for your boy. You’d still find something to complain about if he was Universal Champion for three years, be it bad storylines, poor quality opponents, or whatever else you feel like making up in your head.

The Miz has had a better and longer career than thousands of wrestlers, let alone some of his contemporaries in WWE. He has the backing of the company as a brand ambassador and has parlayed his success into his own television show. He makes regular appearances on non-WWE programming as a guest host/panellist. All of this after getting his start as some dude on an MTV reality show.

I’m really not sure what more you want the guy to do, but I know that it’ll never be enough in your eyes. You should try asking yourself if you think he’s happy with his life, because I’m pretty sure his opinion matters more to him than yours does.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

You don’t need a working ACL to do Miz TV, so don’t rule out miz still being a thrilling part of Monday Night Raw
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Ongoing WWE/AEW/Impact/ROH/Indy Injury Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You don’t need a working ACL to do Miz TV, so don’t rule out miz still being a thrilling part of Monday Night Raw
    It could now be The Walking Miz TV and Zombie Miz could have The Fiend on as his first guest, with an audience of zombies around the ring.

This shit just writes itself.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Tbh, where you’re concerned, it seems like nothing will ever be good enough for your boy. You’d still find something to complain about if he was Universal Champion for three years, be it bad storylines, poor quality opponents, or whatever else you feel like making up in your head.

The Miz has had a better and longer career than thousands of wrestlers, let alone some of his contemporaries in WWE. He has the backing of the company as a brand ambassador and has parlayed his success into his own television show. He makes regular appearances on non-WWE programming as a guest host/panellist. All of this after getting his start as some dude on an MTV reality show.

I’m really not sure what more you want the guy to do, but I know that it’ll never be enough in your eyes. You should try asking yourself if you think he’s happy with his life, because I’m pretty sure his opinion matters more to him than yours does.

All that stuff you touted though is things outside of the WWE product. Okay he's a brand ambassador...so thats what I should think about when I'm watching him endlessly job to everyone on Raw?

I dont know if you're being intentionally obtuse or what. But whats hard to understand about wanting someone you're a fan of to be booked in a credible fashion? Everyone around here acts like its some insane idea for me to want to see a guy I'm a fan of get good stories and good booking. Everyone bitches about WWE on here thesedays, except an overly cheery few. But anytime I talk about how I want to see Miz booked better people like you make some big deal about it and take shots at me for it. It's pretty childish and tiring.

Can you explain what's so triggering for you about someone else wanting to see a Wrestler they're a fan of just be booked better?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

All that stuff you touted though is things outside of the WWE product. Okay he's a brand ambassador...so thats what I should think about when I'm watching him endlessly job to everyone on Raw?

I dont know if you're being intentionally obtuse or what. But whats hard to understand about wanting someone you're a fan of to be booked in a credible fashion? Everyone around here acts like its some insane idea for me to want to see a guy I'm a fan of get good stories and good booking. Everyone bitches about WWE on here thesedays, except an overly cheery few. But anytime I talk about how I want to see Miz booked better people like you make some big deal about it and take shots at me for it. It's pretty childish and tiring.

Can you explain what's so triggering for you about someone else wanting to see a Wrestler they're a fan of just be booked better?
    His long and successful career is “outside the WWE product” how? Where would he be if he hadn’t excelled within that company? A company, no less, that continually keeps him featured (regardless of role) because of the faith they have in him.

If you’re such a fan, you should be happy that he’s so much more successful at the wrestling “business” than many, many others. That’s all. If you think I’m trying to troll you, am being intentionally obtuse or am “triggered” (lolz) because I’m trying to tell you to be positive, I’m sorry.

I guess I’m guilty of just now coming to the realization that you’re speaking about his kayfabe accomplishments, not his real life ones. I suppose your feelings make sense in this regard, I just happen not to share them because I don’t judge these guys based on fake accomplishments or their relative success as a result of a writing team.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Worth noting that apart from Bray Wyatt and Triple H, the Miz has achieved more relative to his overall talent than pretty much every WWE wrestler ever.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Worth noting that apart from Bray Wyatt and Triple H, the Miz has achieved more relative to his overall talent than pretty much every WWE wrestler ever.

I'm really not a fan of Miz, and even Triple H I'm not the biggest fan, but truly you have to be able to think of at least a half dozen other peformers that are less talented and still had relative decent success in WWE/F? Three off the top of my head, Great Khali, Lex Lugar, and I would say the ones you listed I'd even put Andre the Giant despite how much of a "feature" he was for WWF. I'd also say the three I listed probably have had at least equal success to at least Bray Wyatt.

Alone their ability on the mic, Bray, Triple H and the Miz are better than a fair amount of people that have had relative success in WWE/F.

Quote Originally Posted by OldJay View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Miz, and even Triple H I'm not the biggest fan, but truly you have to be able to think of at least a half dozen other peformers that are less talented and still had relative decent success in WWE/F? Three off the top of my head, Great Khali, Lex Lugar, and I would say the ones you listed I'd even put Andre the Giant despite how much of a "feature" he was for WWF. I'd also say the three I listed probably have had at least equal success to at least Bray Wyatt.

Alone their ability on the mic, Bray, Triple H and the Miz are better than a fair amount of people that have had relative success in WWE/F.
    Miz has been a much greater success than Luger in WWE. Andre was a great worker. It's just that his most spotlighted time period was his final years when his back was totally shot.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Miz has been a much greater success than Luger in WWE. Andre was a great worker. It's just that his most spotlighted time period was his final years when his back was totally shot.

I'm in the opinion that Miz is also more talented than Luger.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Luger was 1000x better than Miz. Light years better worker, far more popular, actually felt like a true main event talent.

Khali was only relevant for a couple years, before being a nobody who didn't win much. He achieved far less than Miz who stuck around forever winning a million midcard titles and only having like 2 memorable runs in that time.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

I'm not denying that Luger is better than The Miz, especially pre-motorcycle wreck Luger. However, WWE success wise, he did very little. Miz, for better or for worse, has accomplished a ton in the WWE while Luger's biggest accomplishment is that he proved he could choke harder than he did in WCW.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information