Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The EFL Discussion Thread.

They/Them

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: The EFL Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilo View Post
    Blackpool promoted to the Championship after beating Lincoln 2-1. That’s an away day to look forward to. I always hope we get them in August but the fixture list Gods are not usually that kind and we end up getting them in the middle of December on a Tuesday night. Last time I went they were rebuilding the ground so it’ll be good to see what it looks like these days.
    Watched the first half of that actually, the own goal was fuckin rediculous the equaliser was a banger to be fair though, missed the 2nd half but I love me an orange kit so am glad they're up, they were by far the better team from what I saw

"I can cure sex cancer!"
    "
    Sex cancer isn't even a thing!"
    "......I did it."
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Wonder if it will be second time lucky for Newport.
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

They/Them

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Wonder if it will be second time lucky for Newport.
    Rooting for yous mate

"I can cure sex cancer!"
    "
    Sex cancer isn't even a thing!"
    "......I did it."
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

People's Champion

Status

Well done Morecambe however Madely was appauling today. Everything went for Morecambe. How can you not award a clear penalty for Newport, but award one for Morecambe that was a foul outside the box?

#ShadeWinsLOL

Red n White Army!

Status
      Country                    England

Only just discovered this part of the forum - thought I'd drop in.

Who we thinking for promotion/relegation and such in the EFL this season?

Championship, from what I saw on the first weekend, West Brom look decent. Functional but effective and I think that should prove enough. It's Baggies vs. Blades next week and I am worried that the aerial bombardment will be too much for us. As for who goes with them, none of the three favourites impressed me in Fulham, Bournemouth or United. I'm hoping that Jokanovic will get the new faces he needs and gel the squad quickly in his new style so we can challenge. I think Derby and Huddersfield are in big trouble and I can see Barnsley, Blackburn and Reading getting dragged into the fight with the likes of Blackpool to join them in League 1.

Speaking of League 1, Sunderland look a good shout there after a good start vs. Wigan. Unfortunately, I think Wednesday may well bottom out but I can only see them making the Play Offs. Wycombe and Rotherham know the league and know what it takes so I suspect at least one of those will join Sunderland.

Interested to see if Bradford can sort themselves out in League 2 - they've took the Morecambe manager who knows how to get promoted to League 1, fairly big club (certainly at that level) and it's about time they were making their way back towards the Championship. I also like bits of what I have seen from Forest Green and you know that Newport, as always, will be in the Play Offs.

>>> http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=176040 <<<

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

I see the automatic promotion race coming down to 4 teams - Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Fulham and Albion. They seem to be the four teams with the best starting line ups in the division and I don't think they're done in the transfer window either. Was surprised Sheff Utd lost to Birmingham last week, maybe it's a bigger task than I thought to shake off how bad they were last year without bringing many fresh faces in to change things.

I was impressed with what I saw from Albion last week in the draw with Bournemouth, I'll be able to judge it better tomorrow when I go to the first home game, but the players are adapting to the new manager and his tactics well and it looks set to be an exciting season. We really need a proper striker to sign this window as atm we're playing any 3 from Diangana, Grant, Robinson and Phillips, all of which are more wingers than CFs. I'm desperate for us to keep Sam Johnstone too as he saves you a good 10 points across a season.

I'd love to say Derby for relegation but those jammy fuckers will find a way to dodge relegation again and any punishments from the EFL. Posh and Blackpool I think for the drop, maybe with Derby or Huddersfield.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Underdog

Status

Can’t believe nobody is tipping QPR for automatic promotion! In all seriousness though we won’t finish that high but I think we’ve got a good chance to make a run at the playoffs. I was impressed with how we finished last season and we made a couple of our key loan signings permanent, so I’m more confident than usual that we’ll have a good season. Bottom 3 finish coming up now I’ve said all that!

I watched the Albion game last week Ed and I thought they played really well. The talk was whether the current squad could adapt to the new manager’s system and that display put those questions to bed a bit. Bournemouth tried to play it out from the back but WBA pressing high up the pitch made it really hard for them to do so. I think you could consider yourselves a bit unlucky as you had a goal ruled out from a corner when there didn’t appear to be any infringement. I agree that you could do with a striker as the only negative was that there did seem to be a lack of cutting edge in the final third. I still expect you to be up there come the end of the season.

As for the other leagues I also think Sunderland are going to do well this season, and Exeter are my tip for League Two.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

I think QPR could be top 6 for sure.

Just got back and my god it's fantastic to be back at a proper game of football. I blame the comeback today on the 15 minute break we had while a Luton player got treatment for being knocked out cold, to have that straight after halftime killed all our momentum and rhythm and we just never got going again. Few nerves for sure at the end and when you add on 16 minutes extra time that's the biggest boost for the team chasing and the biggest blow to the team in the lead. For 60 minutes though, we were fantastic and should have been out of sight, could have been 4-0 at HT. Big game on Wednesday now against another promotion favourite in Sheff Utd.

10 way tie for top place atm
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Underdog

Status

I’ll take 4 points from the first two games. Good 0-3 away win at Hull. Lewis-Potter looks like he’s a player to keep an eye on for them.

Rob Dickie is immense at the back. I hope no Premier League clubs are watching our games or he’ll be gone in January.

Red n White Army!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think QPR could be top 6 for sure.

Just got back and my god it's fantastic to be back at a proper game of football. I blame the comeback today on the 15 minute break we had while a Luton player got treatment for being knocked out cold, to have that straight after halftime killed all our momentum and rhythm and we just never got going again. Few nerves for sure at the end and when you add on 16 minutes extra time that's the biggest boost for the team chasing and the biggest blow to the team in the lead. For 60 minutes though, we were fantastic and should have been out of sight, could have been 4-0 at HT. Big game on Wednesday now against another promotion favourite in Sheff Utd.

10 way tie for top place atm
    Only just caught the highlights but you did look impressive - but nervous at the end for sure. I think if you put quality balls in our box on Wednesday, you will be good for a goal or two because we struggle with that big time. We were slightly better vs. Swansea last night but nowhere near good enough. Big Slav needs to get it sorted ASAP because I can't see where our goals are coming from right now, a frightening idea given the strikers we have who could/should get a hatful if given the chances. Midfield needs a revamp big time because Brewster, McBurnie, Sharp and McGoldrick all are proven goalscorers at this level. Mind you, he keeps playing chuffing Oli Burke which is ... baffling.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Dickie looks really impressive, that block on the line was as sweet as the goal he scored! QPR with a good start to the season.

GCB, Burke is awful and Albion seem to have much better of the swap deal with Robinson. He’ll probably turn it on against us on Wednesday. I’m expecting a tough game and I’d take a draw.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

People's Champion

Status

I know it's only two games in but seeing is it 14 teams within 1 point of top is brilliant haha! Really doesn't look good for PNE does it?

I'm concerned Newport wont score enough goals this season, especially with Paddy Amond being moved on.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Red n White Army!

Status

To be fair to Burke, he runs well with the ball and gets into some dangerous positions. However, at that point, he has absolutely no football brain. It’s mind-boggling how good he looks for a few seconds and then how unbelievably bad he becomes! We didn’t see the best of Callum Robinson but he’s so much better than Burke.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

I’ve seen enough after 3 games, Albion are going up again. Super performance tonight, men against boys.