Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    My guess is Swann wins the Unification match and loses the Impact World Title to Omega. Down the line, Moose wins it back and adopts sort of a "Savior of Impact" type gimmick because of bringing the belt back. Swann goes onto a story of redeeming himself after failing Impact at Rebellion. How that happens for Swann though, I'm not sure.
    As you know, I'm rooting for this.

Spoiler:

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Isn't Moose also a heel?
    From what I can tell he’s more of a tweener now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Internet Favorite

Status

Do face/heel alignments even matter much when you're doing a company vs company match

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

depends on the story being told and the context really doesnt it

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Swann wins to unify the titles. Guess I was wrong
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I feel like had this door not have been opened, the Swann and Moose feud would’ve been given more time to breath. I think it felt like Moose was on this ascension since beating EC3 and now suddenly he felt like a third wheel, I’m sure he’ll bounce back but I just don’t get much personality from Swann for a guy who is being overshadowed as the company’s champion (in storyline). The whole forbidden door thing seems to have lost momentum, so I’m hoping it can ramp up a little now we’ve got Sacrifice out of the way.

Internet Favorite

Status

I'd imagine there has to be a decently big main event planned for Double or Nothing if Kennys gonna enter the PPV as a double champion.

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ces-departure/

Kieran Hogan announced through her Onlyfans (you heard me) that this next set of tapings is her last with Impact. Kind of unfortunate, I think. She has a really bright future and I feel like Impact didn't really capitalize enough on her. Still, hopefully she ends up in a place where she can thrive and carve out a good spot for herself.

TUFF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ces-departure/

Kieran Hogan announced through her Onlyfans (you heard me) that this next set of tapings is her last with Impact. Kind of unfortunate, I think. She has a really bright future and I feel like Impact didn't really capitalize enough on her. Still, hopefully she ends up in a place where she can thrive and carve out a good spot for herself.
    Saw this posted on Twitter. Sad loss for Impact here. I'm guessing she's going to end up with AEW as her girlfriend, Diamante, is there too. But if she shows up in NXT, that'd be sick. Always thought she was talented so it sucks that we won't see her on Impact anymore.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

Curtain Jerker

Status

Reckon AEW and WWE will both try to get her. She could get over in either direction, though will likely have to work her way up. NXT would suit her yes, though AEW has her partner and a womens division in need of more talent. Kiera Hogan could fit well there.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Is Diamanté actually signed with AEW or is she on an open contract? I could see Kiera going in either direction to be fair, she’s certainly improved a lot as a performer and a character. It is a shame that she didn’t get to have a singles run in her last couple of months but she did really well as part of Fire & Flava and helped established the titles.

Also I love that Impact actually write out characters rather than releasing them mid-push or on the sly.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    Is Diamanté actually signed with AEW or is she on an open contract? I could see Kiera going in either direction to be fair, she’s certainly improved a lot as a performer and a character. It is a shame that she didn’t get to have a singles run in her last couple of months but she did really well as part of Fire & Flava and helped established the titles.

Also I love that Impact actually write out characters rather than releasing them mid-push or on the sly.
    I think they have tiered contracts and I'd imagine she's on one of the lower ones, so basically she's not #AllElite, but she is signed to some degree.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Caught a bit of Impact Homecoming tonight, mostly due to Aiden English/Matthew Rehwoldt. I don't really have a lot of thoughts, but:
    - It's criminal how it took this long for someone to bring Rehwoldt in post-WWE release. Dude's smooth as silk and fantastic. The kermit the frog locked in a refridgerator voice is only a bonus. Killer theme too. As an aside, his fireman-carry-spinebuster is a much better finisher than the headlock faceplant thing, wish he'd switch that up.
    - Hernandez still sucks, lul. Dude was the shits in Lucha Underground, not surprised to see he's barely changed, running the same schtick years later.
    - I kinda rolled my eyes at the L.o.D/Steiner tribute teams. Yeah, both teams are connected to the people they're tributing in some way or form, but meh. Still got a soft spot for Tommy Dreamer, so I'll let that slide.
    - Black Taurus has a fucking AMAZING look and aura about him. Josh Alexander, not so much.
    - The Decay have a MASSIVE charismatic connection with the crowd. It made all of Steve/Rosemary's matches on the card feel so much more fun. No idea what their gimmick is but anyone who can get a crowd to support eating faces is someone worth watching.

I probably picked the wrong show to watch randomly on a whim, and clearly don't know shit about the vast majority of the roster, but I'll take whatever Aiden English/Matthew Rehwoldt content I can get.

Spoiler:

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Caught a bit of Impact Homecoming tonight, mostly due to Aiden English/Matthew Rehwoldt. I don't really have a lot of thoughts, but:
    - It's criminal how it took this long for someone to bring Rehwoldt in post-WWE release. Dude's smooth as silk and fantastic. The kermit the frog locked in a refridgerator voice is only a bonus. Killer theme too. As an aside, his fireman-carry-spinebuster is a much better finisher than the headlock faceplant thing, wish he'd switch that up.
    - Hernandez still sucks, lul. Dude was the shits in Lucha Underground, not surprised to see he's barely changed, running the same schtick years later.
    - I kinda rolled my eyes at the L.o.D/Steiner tribute teams. Yeah, both teams are connected to the people they're tributing in some way or form, but meh. Still got a soft spot for Tommy Dreamer, so I'll let that slide.
    - Black Taurus has a fucking AMAZING look and aura about him. Josh Alexander, not so much.
    - The Decay have a MASSIVE charismatic connection with the crowd. It made all of Steve/Rosemary's matches on the card feel so much more fun. No idea what their gimmick is but anyone who can get a crowd to support eating faces is someone worth watching.

I probably picked the wrong show to watch randomly on a whim, and clearly don't know shit about the vast majority of the roster, but I'll take whatever Aiden English/Matthew Rehwoldt content I can get.
    You're right about Decay. I've been wishing they would add more members who might have a higher ceiling to get the rub from them. Bo Dallas maybe? They are soo marketable.

Also, yeah...Black Taurus is alright I guess. Don't sleep on Josh Alexander. He's your next Impact World Champion.

World Champion

Status

Josh Alexander vs. Jake Something on Emergence is easily my match of the weekend so far.

World Champion

Status

And Christian Cage in 2021 is still that dude. Just genuinely, thoroughly enjoyed a Brian Myers world title match.

World Champion

Status

Fucking imagine being one of the world's finest wrestlers and still having to hold down a full-time construction job. Unbelievable. Josh definitely has earned this big break, and I hope it's only up from here.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post

Fucking imagine being one of the world's finest wrestlers and still having to hold down a full-time construction job. Unbelievable. Josh definitely has earned this big break, and I hope it's only up from here.
    You get why people sign with WWE and AEW when you hear stuff like this. Mental.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

When looking up Alexander to see if he had a family or not, since that would obviously make it more difficult to make enough from wrestling to "Go fulltime", I learned that he's married to the 2000s ROH/PWG valet, Jade Chung. I guess that explains why she randomly popped up in that viral video Scott D'Amore was recently in when hyping Buddy Matthews' upcoming debut.

World Champion

Status

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT_L28GK...dium=copy_link

It's on like Donkey Kong at BFG. Josh Alexander vs. Christian Cage. Ought to be a classic.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information