Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Mental Health Discussion

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Mental Health Discussion

So day 5 post letting it take a hold and i'm starting to feel more like myself again.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'm not usually one to post anything like this, but I felt like I needed to... I don't know, vent? Last couple of weeks or so my mental health has been down the tubes. I used to be an outgoing person, but just recently I've felt this immense sense of anxiety when even thinking about interacting with other people. I've had headaches on and off for the past month and felt shit in general.

I think the last couple of years I've kind of retreated into a 'safe' bubble where I don't have to worry about anything or anyone - probably thanks to the pandemic, and now that I'm permanently working from home. I used to be able to go to the gym at peak hours and not feel a thing, but now if I even think of going when it will be busy I feel like I'll be sick, so I've started going at stupid times like 5:00AM. I've lost interest in pretty much everything I used to do. Playing video games, football.

Spoke to my GP here and was given medication to take. I'm going to ask my workplace to allow me to go into the office - it's a lengthy commute but it'll force me to get out of the house and speak to actual humans without hearing the Microsoft Teams notification. Like I said, I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, but writing it all out has helped, a little.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Thanks for sharing your story.

That isolation thing you are feeling here is huge, especially with working from home all the time. Making that huge step to see if you can goto the office once a week or whatever it may be is huge. I make an effort to goto the office once a week myself and it does make a difference.

There's a few of us here that are always happy to help, so whenever you need to vent just just speak up and let us know.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread Information