Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Mental Health Discussion

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Mental Health Discussion

Was doing ok until my son decided to turn into the biggest prat on earth. I know it's part of the ASD/ADHD stuff but fuck me it's hard work when you are the constant target for it all.

Glad you've had some positive news Order!
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

⚰ 2 Spooky 4 Me ⚰

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Was doing ok until my son decided to turn into the biggest prat on earth. I know it's part of the ASD/ADHD stuff but fuck me it's hard work when you are the constant target for it all.

Glad you've had some positive news Order!
    I feel that Baldrick. I've had some pretty low moments myself lately working with that same population. I can't imagine living with them 24/7, although sometimes doing 16 hour shifts can feel like that.

I've found myself having less compassion and being less therapeutic recently. It got to the point on Saturday night where one of the kids at work was just being the biggest jerk about his Legos. He was trying to attack another girl because she had Legos he wanted, and he kept perseverating on getting his Legos back which he's on restriction from. He threatened to kill people over them, was attacking people over them, etc. Finally I snapped and went and got the kids Legos from our office and brought them out, and told him I'm throwing them away because he can't handle them. I tossed them in an empty garbage can in front of them, and I meant for the bin to stay closed, but it ended up opening up and they all fell out in the garbage can. He freaks and ultimately ends up getting restrained. I think a restraint was inevitable anyway, and things I did weren't out of the realm of other things people have done at my job, but never the less when I reflected later I feel like I could've done better.

So I've been making a much more concentrated effort to be more therapeutic. In that environment, day to day, it can be extremely difficult especially with compassion fatigue and with how cynical you can get after awhile.

I've worked three shifts since that night and haven't raised my voice at all, aside from some crowd control situations, and I feel so much better about myself at the end of the day.

It's a different situation for you obviously as with me I can just go home and get a break, so I can't even imagine what the compassion fatigue is like there.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

I've always sympathized with mental health. I think the bigger issue is coming back to reality. Your friends that you believe share those same values are at odds with you. The mentality of those relationships always returns to a spiritual evaluation of oneself.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by covenantone1 View Post
    I've always sympathized with mental health. I think the bigger issue is coming back to reality. Your friends that you believe share those same values are at odds with you. The mentality of those relationships always returns to a spiritual evaluation of oneself.
    *says they have always sympathized with mental health*

*proceeds to defend Deshaun Watson against his accusers, who are likely not in good mental health*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Squash Fodder

Status

I've been in a horrible place for the last few weeks, mostly through my own doing. I've taken on way too many responsibilities which led to me needing to start keeping longer hours. To do that, I stopped taking my meds exactly as prescribed since they lead to drowsiness. Finally getting things lined out now, but gah, it's been bad for a little bit.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Windham View Post
    I've been in a horrible place for the last few weeks, mostly through my own doing. I've taken on way too many responsibilities which led to me needing to start keeping longer hours. To do that, I stopped taking my meds exactly as prescribed since they lead to drowsiness. Finally getting things lined out now, but gah, it's been bad for a little bit.
    How you holding up at the moment?

I'm trying to keep myself in a good place but it's proven challenging...but it is what is it.

With the seasons due to change, a lot more people will start to suffer, so how are we all?

#ShadeWinsLOL

Squash Fodder

Status

How you holding up at the moment?

I'm trying to keep myself in a good place but it's proven challenging...but it is what is it.

With the seasons due to change, a lot more people will start to suffer, so how are we all?
    I'm here, kind of just existing a lot of days. Working from home so much is once again starting to mess with me some during the day, but I've got enough good things in my life that I'm trying to stay focused on those at the moment.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Windham View Post
    I'm here, kind of just existing a lot of days. Working from home so much is once again starting to mess with me some during the day, but I've got enough good things in my life that I'm trying to stay focused on those at the moment.
    Oh working from home is a tough one. I've been doing it what 18 months now, i've spent the grand total of less than a days work in the office in that time, so I know that feeling. Majority of the time i'm fine with not being there, it's just the odd day here and there where I want more interaction haha.

Glad to hear you're in a good place though, hope that continues for you.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Curtain Jerker

Status

I think too many of those mental issues is him at odds with how to make his money. He wants to make a little money with no backup support opposite somebody that has his money with the long-term opportunity. These things just keeps boiling down to connections. He really doesn't need those type of finances right now.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by covenantone1 View Post
    I think too many of those mental issues is him at odds with how to make his money. He wants to make a little money with no backup support opposite somebody that has his money with the long-term opportunity. These things just keeps boiling down to connections. He really doesn't need those type of finances right now.

Is this in reference to me? If so, I'm not even entirely sure what you're trying to say.

People's Champion

Status

Yeah ignore that post dude.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Squash Fodder

Status

Yeah ignore that post dude.
    I don't even understand it, but judging by most of his other posts, I'm wondering if perhaps English isn't his first language. They all seem a bit nonsensical.

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

I started a new job this week and just did five days in the office for the first time in 18 months. It was exhausting but human contact has made me feel so much better in the workplace. It is going to be two or three days from the office and the rest from home each week which I think is going to end up being great.

Overall, doing quite well at the moment after a blip at the start of last week for the first time in a few months. Have been discovering a lot about myself recently and living my authentic self more than ever before.
    BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I started a new job this week and just did five days in the office for the first time in 18 months. It was exhausting but human contact has made me feel so much better in the workplace. It is going to be two or three days from the office and the rest from home each week which I think is going to end up being great.

Overall, doing quite well at the moment after a blip at the start of last week for the first time in a few months. Have been discovering a lot about myself recently and living my authentic self more than ever before.
    Congrats on the new gig!

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Glad to hear you're back on the up Order!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread Information