Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Japan

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

The women's division of AEW is bad for all sorts of reasons. A women's specific show with the aid of STARDOM would be a good first step to get them on track. They could put together a potentially interesting card between the two companies.

大江戸隊 ~

Status

What an action filled week it has been leading up to today!

The rest of the Cinderella tournament PPV along with the 5.1.2022 Fukuyama show have been uploaded onto STARDOM World​! I tried to stay off Reddit and Twitter as much as I could because I didn't want to accidentally spoil the results for myself. God knows I've done that so many times in the past. But not today! The time has finally come. I've eagerly waited and my patience has been rewarded. I have got you guys covered with my review down below! Since I already reviewed the opening two matches of the PPV a few days ago, I decided to leave those out.

For those of you that don't want to read the Cinderella results or have yet to watch it yourself, I highly advise against clicking the spoiler tag. Cheers!

Spoiler:

• Koguma def. Hazuki:

What a wild ride it has been for these two thus far. With Hazuki being a pretty big favorite to win this tournament for many people, she ended up falling short to STARDOM's neighborhood bear. Koguma has impressed me so much after watching her lately. She has incredible athleticism and agility and along with other people I did not expect her to win this match, quite frankly. For some reason after Hazuki defeated AZM, I was convinced that Hazuki got the push that she needed to take her all the way to the finals at least. But this tournament has been full of upsets up until this point and this was another one of them. It was a well deserved win nonetheless. Koguma's antics and dancing at the beginning of the match made for an entertaining start as always but Hazuki wasn't having any of it. She quickly went for a cheeky roll-up and seemed really focused this match. With Koguma advancing it'll be interesting to see the direction Hazuki takes from here. Although she fell short in this tournament she put on quite a show and definitely flipped some people's brackets upside-down this year. I've always personally felt that Hazuki has had some evil in her, I can just feel it with her expressions and behavior sometimes during matches and it'd be cool to see if they do a possible heel turn for her in the near future. I'd love to see her maybe join Oedo Tai, or even go in a different direction altogether. Bright things coming for her in the horizon though, that's for sure. Wonderful showing this year.

Mochi's Rating: ★★★

• MIRAI def. Natsupoi:

If there's ANYONE in the company that you should have your eye on after this tournament it's MIRAI. I think that she's up there in terms of who could be competing for either the white or red belts in the future. This one was nothing short of spectacular and a match that I've been waiting for all week. Both of these women could've easily walked away from this one as the winner and that's what I loved most about this match. So unpredictable, and so technical. The heart and intensity they both brought to the ring was nicely done. Also I want to add, I love how before these matches they build it up a tiny bit more by showing the highlights of round 1 and 2 and the press conference as well. It's a nice touch. Anyway, MIRAI winning this match is huge. Very back and fourth match and had me on the edge of my seat a few times. Natsupoi almost winning it on multiple occasions throughout the match. Once right at the beginning with the cheeky roll-up pin and another time where she almost flipped MIRAI over the top rope. She escaped MIRAI's finisher once but at the end of the match she fell victim, like many others have in the past to the Miramare and tapped out. What a vicious submission, I thought she was going to snap her arm right off at one point. Like I said earlier that if there's anyone to keep your eye on after this is all said and done, it's MIRAI. She has so much potential and she showed it here in this match. Natsupoi is SUPER talented too though and she was one of the competitors that I predicted would also make the finals or potentially even win the whole thing. But come on MIRAI! What a solid member for God's Eye to have such an incredible talent like her in their faction. And she's still SO young. What a career this young lady has ahead of her. God Eye is looking really scary moving forward.

• Victory for Cosmic Angels:

This was my first time seeing a gauntlet style match in STARDOM and I must say that I was really enjoying it all throughout. Now I know what you might be thinking. Of COURSE you enjoyed it Mochi, your STARDOM favorite was in the match. And while you may be right, that's not the only reason I enjoyed this match. I personally love how STARDOM does their tag-team style and 6-man tag-team style matches in general. It's different than other companies and has some great flow to it. It has an overall different feel to it that's hard to explain and you'll understand if you continue to watch some more of these types of matches. Quite frankly, I tend to enjoy them more than singles matches a lot of the time. They bring so much unpredictability and edge-of-your-seat fun. There's so much about this one I want to touch on. But before I do let me just start by saying big congrats to Cosmic Angels. BIG win. Out of all the teams in this one let me be the first to say that they weren't the team I expected to win. Which is sad and surprising considering that I even knew that they were going to be booked against COLORS prior to this PPV. So it makes sense to give Cosmic Angels a win in this gauntlet match. It gives them some momentum and confidence going into this match / angle they're going to start building in the coming weeks with this other faction they brought over. This match was so entertaining. The smoking bit they did in the middle of the match when both Oedo Tai sides fought each other was brilliant. Fukigen Death is one of the funniest members of the roster and honestly the way they book her is just fine. I'm completely satisfied every time I see her in action. And although I would've LOVED to see Momo's side win this match, they still competed admirably. Taking out two teams in the process before eventually falling short. Rina continues to impress me and I would love to see them build her up and give her a push; and maybe have her even compete for the Future of Stardom title eventually down the line. The ending to this match was SUPERBLY done. It made you scratch your head at the end if you weren't paying attention. But if you WERE paying attention you would've noticed that Giulia went over the top rope at one point in the match when she was fighting Tam Nakano, and stayed on the other side of the rope for a while. She never went back into the ring to reset. She could've touched the outside of the ring at any point and it would've been GG but they built it up so nicely. Tbh at one point I even forgot that she was technically still over the top rope. But anyway, Tam Nakano eventually german-suplexed Giulia right onto her head on the edge of the mat and she ended up falling off as the ref rang the bell.

Mochi's Rating: ★★★ ½

• AZM def. Mei Suruga:

Listen, I love Mei Suruga. And just like anyone I love watching Mei Suruga compete. However there's no way I saw her winning this match. It was really fun to see her against AZM. But I would argue that AZM is one of STARDOM's top talents right now and I can't see her losing her belt, especially to someone like Mei whom we haven't seen that much in STARDOM. The match was a fun experience but that's it for me. I'd be curious to see who'll be the one to defeat AZM when the time comes of course, because she has been on such a roll lately. I mean not counting the Cinderella tournament obviously. She really has shown that she's one of the biggest stars in the company and given a few more years I think eventually she'll be white belt or even red belt material. She has the talent that's for sure. But anyway, this match was really good nonetheless. You could really see that AZM and Mei love working with each other in the ring, and the level of respect from both sides could be seen throughout the match. I thought it was really funny when they eventually took the fight to the outside and started to roll away from the ring. I LOVE watching AZM compete, her agility and clever move variety is what makes her such a great competitor and an entertaining one to watch week in and week out. She never fails to impress me. It'd be interesting to see her and Mei team up in the future if they ever do, based off AZM's post match promo. Good match all around but nothing that impressed me too much surprisingly apart from some cool moves on both sides.

• MIRAI def. Koguma - 2022 Cinderella Tournament WINNER!

MIRAI is SO good. You have to hand it to MIRAI, she really gave it her all in this tournament, and so did Koguma. The friendly but ruthless bear of STARDOM has been defeated and MIRAI is crowned Cinderella 2022! I loved this match! So intense right from the get-go and Koguma controlled the beginning nicely. She really drove home the point that she is SO athletic and that was shown all throughout this match. I mean LOOK at that technique with her missile dropkicks and that flying crossbody dive from the top turnbuckle to the outside of the ring all WHILE she was doing her bear pose with her hands in mid air LOL. I absolutely loved that she did that, it made for such a great moment. It really makes me want to see Koguma challenge for AZM's high-speed title in the future. I would love to see that match between them I think it would be super entertaining. BOOK IT Stardom! MIRAI almost made Koguma tap just like Hazuki but Koguma managed to fight her way to the rope. Eventually MIRAI was able to hit that CLEAN finisher on Koguma to seal the deal and become the tournament winner. Very nice match from these two and it made for an excellent finish to the tournament. Nobody can say that MIRAI didn't deserve this because she fought so hard to the very end with some big victories along the way. She showed that despite how young she is, she can hang with the very best. We'll see if she's up to the challenge when she decides to compete for either the red or white belt. Well deserved win MIRAI. Best of luck in her future title match.

• Syuri def. Himeka - Retains World of Stardom title!

This match has been built up for weeks and it made for such a great main event, one that did not disappoint whatsoever. You already know that if it's a main event at a PPV, and Syuri is in it, it's going to be a heck of a way to close out the show. For weeks they've been building up Himeka, but unfortunately she could not dethrone the current Queen of STARDOM. She just simply wasn't ready IMO, but eventually I'm sure down the road she'll get another chance at the belt. This was sort of her first taste of what it's really like at this level, and Syuri is just so much better at this moment in time. Himeka winning this belt on this PPV would've been such a big upset, honestly. Especially with the roll and form that God's Eye has been in lately. This was nothing short of a technical contest. Of course that's what the red belt is all about. Who's the better wrestler at the end of the day. And that was Syuri. Although as I was watching the match I did see hints in Himeka that really showed the true potential that she possesses. There's no doubt in my mind that given another chance, a year or so from now maybe she'll further develop into someone worth competing for this title but like I said before she simply wasn't ready yet. She put on a heck of a contest but fell short, and predictably so. What Syuri said in her post match promo was very true. I'm looking forward to seeing Himeka continue to grow and develop because I strongly believe in the future she'll be red belt material. On top of that, what a big announcement from Syuri calling out Risa Sera of Prominence as her next opponent. I'm sure a lot of people including myself are really looking forward to that. MIRAI look amazing in the Cinderella dress and challenged the winner of the white belt match in Fukuoka on May 5th to a title match. From what I've seen from MIRAI and God's Eye in general, they're looking fantastic week after week and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they continued this MIRAI push all the way to a title win. It would be absolutely incredible to see if she can pull it off.

Mochi's Rating: ★★★ ½

Last edited by Mochi; 05-04-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

First of all excellent review and like I told you I loved the graphics involved! Wrestling is supposed to be fun most of all and I definitely am someone who loses track of that sometimes, but reading your review provided wonderful insights, which I will try to add on to in my own way now that I've seen the show in full so as to not step on your toes with a great review but also to speak on things.

Cinderella Tournament:
    I would say every match has been pretty enjoyable in the tournament although they are probably closer to fun than epic matches that will be remembered and get high marks, but are a great showcase of both characters and styles of the roster. I think nearly every company would benefit from having such a tournament of 10 minutes time limit matches and here we saw more of that. I think Koguma was a fantastic choice for this run as her style is essentially tailormade for this style of tournament and it especially paid off on the final show as both of her matches featured excitement all the way through since she made it feel like one of her flash pins could win at any time. I thought Hazuki was a great choice and was genuinely surprised at the upset. Funny you mentioned Hazuki potentially being better as a heel as that's what she was in Oedo Tai before her first retirement! Personally it felt like she was burned out then and one day she will get back to being a bad guy again, but for now I strongly support FWC! And Koguma as well. The other semi wasn't as memorable but I still enjoyed it very much as Poi & MIRAI have done great over the last few months since MIRAI debuted and the last year for Poi. The final was a great match IMO and one that excelled in pace, execution, psychology and drama and also how well it utilized both women's characters. MIRAI is just a star and I think she would be a great choice to take the white belt from Tall Saya. I know they love Saya and she is doing a fine job herself but if STARDOM has an idea to just let God's Eye dominate the company and get a bunch of belts and hold things until the end of the year I have heard many worse ideas...and finally yes, I do agree MIRAI was nifty in the dress at the end and should be proud of her efforts all around.

The gauntlet match was a barrel of fun even as ultimately time filler. Nakano is someone that was so important to the company last year but feels a bit lost at the moment especially with Mina & Unagi even getting to do more in other companies. She's at her best when she has a dramatic story to play into and there isn't anything yet. Although her story with Mayu is still in the background and as of yet unresolved so it's something that I could see getting a spotlight at some point. Her stuff with Giulia was the highlight. Momo was very good in her side and bringing her star presence to the match too so be proud Mochi! As I give Momo her props for being great even in a somewhat limited role overall as she has the last month.

AZM/Suruga was great although I'm probably a bit lower than consensus as many people, even those I love and respect who went crazy over this and said it was the best match ever. I STILL LIKED IT A LOT. I appreciated how they combined AZM's hyper clean High Speed style with Suruga's more lighthearted Gatoh Move style and showed the high level of natural talents both of them possess. I still remain adamant that the NJPW influences are a negative more than a positive and I would have preferred more of a struggle/"fight" feel to this and think it could have been amazing but it's clear that isn't part of the gameplan so it's hard to hold it against the workers themselves. I would still definitely rec watching this though as it was an enjoyable match and just fun to see these two wrestle. Hey Shake did you ever watch Gatoh Move? It feels like something you probably would have liked if you haven't finally gone clean yet. I like the idea of them as a team, perhaps that's something we can see brought into play during tag league especially now that MomoAZ is no more. (R.I.P.)

Red Belt Match had a lot of heart from Syuri and also a lot of hard hitting from Syuri and basically everything great that Syuri always brings to her matches she again brought here. Himeka was previously one of my favorite indie talents and how could she not be being inspired by Jumbo Tsuruta, anyone who does that is a legend already in my book. But I feel like right now she is better as a tag with Maika than as a singles and was incredibly skeptical she would win this. But she fought hard and I enjoy that she brings a bit of a unique style in terms of her power game to the roster. This is another match I would fully rec in addition to the tournament final and the High Speed match, although I think the Cinderella final was surprisingly probably the match I truly enjoyed the most, I couldn't argue anyone who went with one of the title matches as MOTN as they were better matches overall. Overall it was a pretty strong show and a nice way to go through the really big Sumo Palace shows.

Can't wait to watch Fukuoka next. Golden Week in effect!

大江戸隊 ~

Status

Great review Zero that was an awesome read and I love reading someone else's thoughts other than my own lately haha.

YES! Golden Week is indeed in EFFECT, and I'm going to watch the Fukuyama show tonight, I have my snacks ready. Cosmic Angels vs God's Eye looks like a great main event. Also idk if you saw the Golden Week card that's ahead? There's some huge matches and an opportunity for FWC to maybe get their titles back from Momo and co. HOPEFULLY not but you know.

Also Zero! That Manami gif in your signature is super cool. It reminds me of the match between Mei Suruga and AZM.

Spoiler:

Non-Binary Finery

Status
      Country                    Scotland

The former Kagtetsu has game out recently as trans, he's going by the new name Yu Ishino. Not gonna lie, I don't watch much Joshi or Stardom, but I've seen some of Yu's stuff previously because an old mate loved it, really happy they've came out and hopefully come back for a run under their real name

WWE 2022 - Now in the BTB Section

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    The former Kagtetsu has game out recently as trans, he's going by the new name Yu Ishino. Not gonna lie, I don't watch much Joshi or Stardom, but I've seen some of Yu's stuff previously because an old mate loved it, really happy they've came out and hopefully come back for a run under their real name
    I dont think Yuu Ishino would compete in Stardom as a male but I could be wrong. I know VENY/ASUKA transitioned male to female and they were pretty accepting but yeah, I dont know how welcoming Stardom or fans would be to someone with male pronouns now given how segregated wrestling can be there.

I am not surprised about Yuu revealing that they had reassignment surgery etc too.

Kind of clears up all the Tsukushi madness too from a few years back.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Non-Binary Finery

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I dont think Yuu Ishino would compete in Stardom as a male but I could be wrong. I know VENY/ASUKA transitioned male to female and they were pretty accepting but yeah, I dont know how welcoming Stardom or fans would be to someone with male pronouns now given how segregated wrestling can be there.

I am not surprised about Yuu revealing that they had reassignment surgery etc too.

Kind of clears up all the Tsukushi madness too from a few years back.
    Oh no I meant just in general, like he ended getting a run in DDT or something

WWE 2022 - Now in the BTB Section

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Fair bro, DDT would definitely be the best shout I would guess given that DDT is essentially the LGBTQ fanbases choice of org in Japan. I think Veny vs Yuu would be quite cool to see too - not sure if we have ever had a trans vs trans match.

Seems like Yuu more focused on YouTube though which seems to be popular amongst Japanese people atm.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

STARDOM had the first cage match in their entire history and in a bit of questionable booking followed it up with another cage match immediately, and it turned out to not be the greatest decision as the first one was so awesome that it was kind of hard to follow. (It was still a ton of fun though) Also they've hit gold with this version of Oedo Tai having the Artist belts. It took awhile and many rough spells from Kagetsu to now but, they've finally got the group back to being a good part of the show since Momo's involvement and also the emergence of Kashima suddenly being the X factor in this Trios team has done wonders for everyone.

Nakano vs. Natsupoi was a piece of storytelling excellence that only Tam could pull off. From the introduction of "Mistress Tam" on her increasingly insane twitter timeline to shockingly speaking English, to the fight itself she showed in the match this whole thing was a whirlwind of emotions I'm not sure could work in literally any other company or any other performer but I think it paid off. I've seen a lot of comments criticizing the match rules but IMO the pin before you escape rule is much more logical than just being able to climb out, although it led to a bit of an anti-climactic finish. Poi did a wonderful job as this month's Tam antagonist and continues to prove her worth. To me one of the more unique matches anywhere of the year and a great chapter in the CA/DDM war.

Main event was obviously very good and of course AZM stole the show in it as she always does in everything but also special credit to the lighthearted Koguma who not only hit a huge dive of her own but showed her personality often throughout the match. I don't think this grabbed me as much as the grudge match that came before it and think it was unbelievably dumb to follow up the first ever cage match with another cage match but I can't deny it was a lot of fun to watch. Mayu's selling of her fear of the cage at the beginning was also pretty hilarious I must say.

Another win for the company and everyone involved in it as it was strong show from top to bottom. Hopefully we get blocks for the 5*GP soon with it's biggest field ever.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread Information