Thread: NXT Discussion - May 27th: THE CHAMP....IS....HERE!

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - May 27th: THE CHAMP....IS....HERE!

WILL JOE & OWENS CLASH?

Witness the fallout from NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable tonight at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network. Will NXT Champion Kevin Owens face the fury of Samoa Joe?

CONFIRMED MATCHES:
    Spoiler:

Emma vs. Bayley

Blake & Murphy vs. Elias Samson & Mike Rallis

Tye Dillinger vs. Finn Balor

Kevin Owens vs. Solomon Crowe

Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 05-27-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NXT Discussion - May 27th

Spoiler:

From reading spoilers, Owens/Crowe sounds like it had the same flow as their match from PWG DDT4, except assumable shorter. I hope it comes off more as a valiant effort than a squash for Crowe.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just out of interest why are the confirmed matches hidden as a Spoiler ?

It's not like the results of the matches are being revealed

Anyways coming off the big show last week one can't expect anything to big to occur this week

I would assume Samoa Joe & Kevin Owens will have some kind of confrontation or interaction

Comeback King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Just out of interest why are the confirmed matches hidden as a Spoiler ?

It's not like the results of the matches are being revealed

Anyways coming off the big show last week one can't expect anything to big to occur this week

I would assume Samoa Joe & Kevin Owens will have some kind of confrontation or interaction
    Because they aren't announced by the WWE and could give away where the storylines are heading...

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Because they aren't announced by the WWE and could give away where the storylines are heading...
    Fair enough

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

- Opening with Kevin was incredible. Him coming out to Sami Zayn's music was a great troll, and the fact that we won't hear that song again in NXT means that he truly is a great man. The whole "good person" shtick was really good. Really good promo. The segment got even better with Regal and Crowe coming out. Owens making fun of Crowe's voice was typical Owens' comedy but it was still funny. Crowe rebuttal was kind of corny, but it was still pretty solid. Fun open to the show. Could have been shorter it felt, though.

- Got kind of a chuckle from the guy in the background of Hideo's video message.

- Ugh. Dear God. Fucking Mojo is back. I thought this guy rightfully fucked off into oblivion.

- I applaud the fact that they changed Emma's theme to go with the mood change, but my God that theme was the definition of generic. Match wasn't terrible. Emma's facial expressions are still atrocious.

- Blake's hair choices are worth seeing BAM (now could stand for Blake Alexa Murphy) every week now. What a great guy. Alexa Bliss Already being a good heel. Told you. Better heel than face. And is making Carmella likable.

- Tye Dillinger. The guy deserves better. Pretty fun match with Finn. Loved the aggression from Tye.

- Holy fuck, Chad Gable might literally be the second incarnation of Kurt Angle (you know, good Kurt Angle). The guy seems like he could have a really fun personality.

- Drake, Callihan, and Steen in a WWE ring together The main event actually did have a DDT4 2012 vibe but with much less comedy and a lot more Owens aggression. Figured this would be an extended squash, which is fine. I wish Crowe was in a better scenario in NXT right now. He wasn't really made to look that great either, even if he had some danger spots.

Decent episode of NXT.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 05-27-2015 at 09:03 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - May 27th: THE CHAMP....IS....HERE!

Awesome opening segment. This episode was all about Owens from the first minute to the last and he was captivating in the opening promo, trolling people about Zayn, standing his ground on Regal, addressing Crowe. All good stuff.

EVIL EMMA. I didn't mind the music and I love that they are 'all in' on this heel turn, match was fine, told the right story even though I feel like we've seen enough Emma/Bayley matches for the time being. Glad they changed Dana's attire as well because she was looking like Beth Phoenix 2.0

Bliss is like the new Trish. Smoking hot, potential to be a good wrestler and now she's managing a heel tag team, BAM are her T and A. Putting Bliss with BAM could be the best thing for those dudes as there's actually something interesting about their act now.

When Tye had his match I was thinking where the fuck is Jordan after his big heel turn. More Gable please.

Decent enough main event. Owens kills all. I have to say Samoa Joe's music is probably the worst in NXT history, it sounds like a really cheap knock off of his old themes.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Holy fuck, Chad Gable might literally be the second incarnation of Kurt Angle (you know, good Kurt Angle). The guy seems like he could have a really fun personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    More Gable please.
    I am in complete agreement. Ever since I saw his match against Tyler Breeze, I've been impressed with him and have wanted to see him for a while now. I feel like he could be really good with a bit more development. A Kurt Angle 2.0 at this stage of NXT would be so awesome! Now all they need is a television title. Could you imagine Gable doing open challenges with the title on the line?
    My BTB: 2013-The NXT Generation

[IMG]http://***************/46806_s.gif[/IMG]

HOSS MOD

Status

NXT Thoughts:

*God, Owens is such a dick and I love him for it. Brutalize competition? "Providing for my family." Sending bastards out on a stretcher? "They asked for it!" Headbutting Regal? "You started it!" Crowe was an...odd choice to confront Owens, but I thought it was cool.

*Evil Emma's kinda sexy. Just throwing that out there. Although the broken psyche due to Raw pretty much sucking out her soul and stomping on it's kinda a turnoff. Either way, decent enough scrap between her and Bayley and a reasonable post-match segment to get some heat back on Dana and Emma. THE FEUD CONTINUES.

*Speaking of evil is sexy...HELLO heel Alexa Bliss. Finally, Blake and Murphy have something working for them. Also, who would've guessed that Alexa would've been the heel and Carmella the face in this inevitable clash of titans? The Glitter Flip was a neat touch at the end of the match and Alexa can cut a pretty solid heel promo. So much approve.

*Tye Dillinger really deserves a better shot than he's getting, but his match with Balor was solid if unspectacular.

*Chad Gable is love. Chad Gable is life.

*The main event went as it should have. Owens being a gigantic dick brutalizing poor Crowe and Crowe showing guts in continuing the fight. Crowe's not quite at the level to be going blow for blow with Owens, but this at least established that he's a tough sumbitch and perhaps will lead to more interesting things for Crowe to do. Joe confronting Owens was what it was.

All in all, pretty average NXT episode. Feud progression and a different main event pairing than the norm were the highlights. That and Chad Gable. All glory to Chad Gable.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Pre-NXT: What is a Chad Gable and why is everyone yapping on about him
    Post-NXT: Chad Gable is an adorable delight and must be protected and treasured at all costs.

- I'm mildly disappointed Kevin Owens didn't try a half-assed skanking imitation to Sami Zayn's music. However him wearing a John Cena t-shirt is such a dick heel maneuver I can still support it.

Denying involvement in Hideo Itami's injury, eh? Intriguing. Sure the dude's the legitimate devil and Hideo did refer to Kevin as a 'bad man', but... Can't help but feel he's sincerely - as sincerely as Satan can sound - telling the truth on that one. I suspect a twist six or seven months down the road when Hideo returns, walks right past Kevin Owens, and kicks, like, Tye Dillinger through a wall.

Solomon Crowe interrupting the Owens/Regal face-off feels like Heath Slater interrupting an Authority/Cena face-off, and I'm all for the minor characters having their moments in the sun and a chance every now and them, so I'm super cool with this. Such a thing can be so much better and helping establish a potential guy than sticking them in dozens of squash matches and chattering on about his presence or whatever word of the month appeared on your calender.

- Zack Ryder what are you doing on my NXT.

MOJO RAWLEY'S SO HYPE HE'S GOTTA GO DO SOMETHING! Like, jack it at 500 miles per hour. Dude didn't specific, gotta fill in the blanks with your own mind.

Also he's still alive and employed.

How about that.

- NO THEY KILLED EMMA'S BUBBLE MUSIC WITH GENERIC MEANINGLESS ROCK. She truly is evil now.

Poor Bayley. It's not good to see her lose but it's for the story.

On the plus side we've been reminded that Emma's kackass Muta Lock still exists and is still her viable finisher despite being a depressed zombie. So that's a plus.

- Presented without context: "That was fun. That was real fun. That was intense. That was real intense. I say we do it again sometime. The sooner the better."
    Now close your eyes, empty your mind, and ask yourself: Were they talking about fighting each other or fucking each other? I mean, it would not have surprised me in the slightest if the camera zoomed out and it was revealed both men had a firm grasp on the others raging, rock-hard d- oh dear I'm accidentally writing slash fanfiction again.

- Blake & Murphy's entrance with the shitty dubstep and the wild camera zooms are quite good and inducing headaches. Subtle heel work or what.

Evil Pixie Queen Alexa Bliss being the inter-faction leader of this Dubstep Stable (Dubstable?) is definitely something I can work with. Especially if she continues cutting those killer promos like she did this week. There's worth in Bliss.

I'm going to miss the blue Bliss though.

- Oh, Tye Dillinger! ... With a new NXT1 Otunga-eqsue hairdo. Nice. I dropped his name earlier in the review in hopes he's at least show up, and lo & behold, here he is! I must have a gift for bringing forth underused talents here. Vaudevillins next week please.

I feel like I've seen Finn Balor crush Tye Dillinger before. Like, a while ago.

- Godamnig Creepy Greg the Creepy interviewer dude if you're sorry to interrupt someone then don't obviously interrupt someone. The guys you work with and interview are masses of muscle and skill that could snap your pasty nose in half if they wanted to. Every time you waltz up next to a heel and apologize for interrupting them your creepy life flashes before my eyes.

So Jason Jordon has found the perfect tag partner, eh? I hope it's Tye Dillinger, that guy seems cool.

Okay so this is Chad Gable. And... my god, he's adorable. I LOVE HIM.

- The Owens/Crowe match was fine for what it was worth, and in all honesty did more for Crowe than anything else he's done thus far did. Dial back the '90's hacker' thing and build him up as the dude who'll call jerks out for being jerks and you'll have a solid base for the guy.

So Kilik showed me last week what the deal was with Samoa Joe, and I can now see why people are excited by him being here, but... holy crap that music of his is horrible. Just had to get that off my chest.

Spoiler:

Thread Information