Thread: NXT Discussion - May 13th, 2015: BARON'S GONNA BORE YOU!

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - May 13th, 2015: BARON'S GONNA BORE YOU!

A WEEK AWAY FROM TAKEOVER

What will happen this week as we are just seven days from NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable. We know Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will fight for the NXT Championship, Sasha Banks will defend the NXT Women's Championship against Becky Lynch and Finn Balor, Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami will square off in a Triple Threat Match. Will we find out any new matches for the show though?

Matches for this week.

Spoiler:

Bayley vs. Jessi McKay

Solomon Crowe vs. Baron Corbin

Alexa Bliss vs. Carmella

Kalisto vs. Tye Dillinger

Finn Balor & Hideo Itami vs. Adam Rose & Tyler Breeze

Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 05-15-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NXT Discussion - May 13th, 2015

I would imagine Enzo & Cass getting a Tag Title shot will either be announced or an angle will be shot leading to the announcement

Champions.

Status

Well Enzo and Cass better appear somewhere or I wont be happy. I tune in for those guys.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Wonder how they'll do damage control for the triple threat now that Itami is out. And for the main event if Zayn has to miss out.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Wonder how they'll do damage control for the triple threat now that Itami is out. And for the main event if Zayn has to miss out.
    I'm guessing the triple threat will probably get turned into a one on one match on the night, or even replace Itami with somebody(Samoa Joe?), from what I've seen online Sami still hasn't gone under the knife so maybe he will gut the match out then take time off after.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

They mentioned Owen Vs Zayn a couple of times on Raw and aired their first match after the show had finished, doesn't sounds like something they'd do if there's serious doubts on Zayn's condition, I'm fairly confident that match will happen.

I just see the 3 way becoming a straight singles match between Breeze and Balor. Seems a bit odd to just shoehorn a 3rd guy into a #1 contenders match, especially on their debut.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Champions.

Status

If they brought Joe out as a replacement a lot of people including myself would lose their freaking mind. Gotta wonder what they would rename Joe though.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

i don't see Joe making his debut like this, it will either be a singles match or they do something stupid and add Corbin...or worse Rose.

HOSS MOD

Status

Obviously the easiest thing to do would be to just make Owens vs Balor vs Breeze your main event. Both Balor and Breeze have legit claims to the #1 Contendership, we wouldn't have to shoehorn somebody else into the match, and it'd be a pretty awesome contest.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They mentioned Owen Vs Zayn a couple of times on Raw and aired their first match after the show had finished, doesn't sounds like something they'd do if there's serious doubts on Zayn's condition, I'm fairly confident that match will happen.

I just see the 3 way becoming a straight singles match between Breeze and Balor. Seems a bit odd to just shoehorn a 3rd guy into a #1 contenders match, especially on their debut.
    For most guys yes, but its Samoa Joe, he's already a big enough name to be inserted this high on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    i don't see Joe making his debut like this, it will either be a singles match or they do something stupid and add Corbin...or worse Rose.
    It would be a perfect surprise debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Obviously the easiest thing to do would be to just make Owens vs Balor vs Breeze your main event. Both Balor and Breeze have legit claims to the #1 Contendership, we wouldn't have to shoehorn somebody else into the match, and it'd be a pretty awesome contest.
    I think Sami will still be there.

On Vacation

Status

Ok after that obvious voice add in during the Sami/Owens segment it looks like they're match is on.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Zayn on Raw highlights
    Show opens with highlights of Zayn vs Cena. If you haven’t seen it, GO SEE IT NOW. Watch Neville vs Cena also! Nice hype for Zayn as he meets Owens in the ring tonight and they battle next week at Unstoppable. No mention of Zayn’s injury yet, but the fact they are highlighting and promoting his match on Raw tells me he will probably still be involved in the title match.

Crowe vs Corbin

Polar opposite characters, on who I really like (Crowe) and one I just don’t get (Corbin). Crowe has been hot since debuting and Corbin has just been winning squashes, so I’m interested to see which way this goes. Can’t say I am interested in Corbin vs Rhyno. It’s hardly going to be a match of the year and I can imagine, pretty short. End of days outta nowhere, Can’t say I’m surprised by the result as they are going to give momentum to Corbin for his match at Takeover. It’s just a shame Crowe took the fall as it was a waste of a match for him. He may as well have just squashed another random guy. Rhyno is out and I REALLY hope he can pull something big from Corbin, but I haven’t got high hopes. Corbin actually showed a bit of expression there going for Rhyno. I do like a brawl where everyone from the back has to get them apart, builds suspense for when they do go at it. Rhyno randomly Gore’s a couple of guys. Not a bad build but I just can’t invest in Corbin to find this match up interesting.

Corbin/Breeze interview

Nice plug for the triple threat, obviously they are still running with this but imagine the match to be changed come unstoppable to a straight singles match. Balor isn’t bad at promo’s but man he breaths hard between sentences, can’t not notice it. Shorter, less intense promo from Breeze. Nice to hear from them and man I’m excited that Breeze is involved in this match. I think he deserves one more shot at the title before moving on up, sometime this year I would imagine.

Banks vs Cassidy

I really like the vibe from Sasha, now she REALLY feels like a diva. Easily my favourite gal on NXT. A bit of overkill on the crowd chanting here I think. Sasha actually surprised with a couple near falls, not what I was expecting. This to see her opponent get some offence in but it didn’t matter as Sasha turned it around exactly when she wanted and got a win. I’m glad Becky is getting a shot but DO NOT see her beating Sasha.

Bailey/Charlotte

What? TWO womens feuds going on. Tag match I guess set for Takeover which I am all for. These diva’s can go so why not let them. More interest in this than Corbin/Rhyno. I also love Dana Brooke so that’s a plus.

Uhaa spot

Looking forward to his debut…maybe at Unstoppable or the NXT after? Should be a good addition to the roster.

Carmella vs Bliss

Carmella dominates mostly. #DubStep comes to ring side, clearly they want a beating, it’s gonna come here right? Stops the submission when she is distracted? Why didn’t she just finish her off first? Bliss picks up the win which I am perfectly happy with. NOW Jersey Boys…ATTACK! Now I know why Enzo and Cass do the talking for Carmella! No attack, missed opportunity, would have been great for them to get payback. Hopefully they do at Takeover and take the titles.

Itami Interview

Interesting the interview with Itami has been left in. Would have thought they had time to cut it out give n he’s almost certainly not going to be involved. Good segment.

*Dana/Emma accept the tag match challenge, now that is one hot team. Love the little head tap*

Balor/Itami vs Breeze/Rose

Oh yay it’s Rose. It’s a good thing I think his partner is awesome! He needs custom selfie sticks to match his outfit. at the look to Rose for looking in the camera, hilarious. Nice to see Itami and Balor back in tag action for one night. I truly hope Rose doesn’t take Itami’s spot on Takover, just crossed my mind. Gutted for Hideo, he’s been on such a roll lately, getting better every week, did well at Wrestlemania while he was in the match. Suck’s big time that he’s out, but hopefully he picks back up where he left off and gets that title shot, which I think he would have got winning the triple threat.
    I give it to him, Rose’s reversal into the Boston crab was pretty cool. Itami without a look in yet but Rose and Breeze have worked well together. Balor with the blind tag and surprisingly it’s the faces teasing tension as Itami tags back in. Itami gets the roll up win. Nice work making sure these two aren’t on the same page, makes the (what would have been) triple threat more interesting. Breeze stands tall to end AND superkicks Rose….love this guy!

Back to Zayn on Raw

More of a focus on the close of the match and Zayn picking up that injury. With an added interview with Zayn post match, still no indications on whether he’ll face Owens still, but I am highly hopeful that it will go ahead, even if he takes time off after.

Zayn and Owens face to face

Nice way of getting Sami to do a voice over, just to put our minds at ease that the match will go ahead. I have always liked Zayn/Owens segments BECAUSE they tend to be subtle, no real shouting or fighting. Jus Zayn poking the bear, and man he really did tonight. I thought Owens was going to pop when Zayn brought up his son. I thought it was well in Owen’s character to just ignore the questioning and just basically tell Sami, he’s going to kill him whilst walking away. It’s Owens doing things on his own terms, and I like that. Decent segment and now I am well and truly ready for these two to unload on each other at Takeover.

---

MOTN: Tag match
    – nice way to build to Takeover and surprising to see Itami/Balor implode rather than the heels.

SOTN: Tyler Breeze
    – Worked well with Rose, decent match and stood tall at the end, even super kicking Rose, just because he could. I thought he worked that whole match well. Man I would love for him to get the title shot, especially now Itami’s out.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    For most guys yes, but its Samoa Joe, he's already a big enough name to be inserted this high on the card.
    I'm not saying it can't happen, but it won't happen. Joe is a big enough name for the crowd to pop and just accept him as Itami's replacement, but it wouldn't make any sense and would go against how they book big debuts down there. I just don't see Joe showing up out the blue and being inserted into Balor Vs Breeze randomly on his debut, especially at the same time they're hyping up their new signing Uhaa Nation; if any new signing's gonna get an impromptu match at Takeover, I'd wager it's the guy their airing vignettes for. Hell just on the way last night was booked, Adam Rose would be a more likely replacement for Itami than Samoa Joe would be.

----------------

This episode did very little for me going into Takeover:

- Poor Crowe getting Corbin'd, dull match but I enjoyed the catch into End of Days. Interesting to see the crowd have turned on Corbin with the boring chants (they aren't wrong). This guy has the worst facial expressions in the business, there is zero emotion there. Decent brawl I supposed with Rhyno.

- Nice win for Sasha, nothing more to say there

- Ah, I didn't see the tag coming, just thought they'd do Emma/Bayley and leave Charlotte Vs Dana for a post Takeover feud. The interviews were weak but I'm in favour of this tag match which will most likely be a better match than the NXT Tag Team Championships

- Carmella Vs Alexa was basic stuff, and you could see the finish coming a mile off when BAM showed up. Jury still out on heelish Alexa Bliss because she's pure babyface. This felt like Carmella's coming out/acceptance as a babyface in NXT because the crowd rallied behind her on her mic work, she did quite well. I know they want to sell the attack from last week, but Enzo and Big Cass looked incredibly weak having a girl fight their battles on the GO HOME show

- I could not get into Breeze/Rose Vs Itami/Balor at all because they were building to a match that sadly isn't happening. What was with no rosebuds?

Hilarious editing in that Owens/Zayn angle, and if you're going to all that trouble to acknowledge the Zayn injury that's caused question marks all week long, why would you not mention once that Itami got an injury in the same week and will definitely be out of the triple threat match. I don't get their half arsed approach here, either you acknowledge both matches are in jeopardy or you don't try to force the Sami injury angle into a pre-taped segment and ignore the problems in the other match and advertise it as normal.

Not a good show.
    Last edited by Ed; 05-14-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Scumbag Role Model

Status

- Holy shit. Crowe's new music sucks. First of all, it has the same riff as Owens' theme. Second of all, it just flat out sucks. Bad move. His last theme wasn't great but holy cow, it one sucks. Speaking of suck, it sucks Crowe got fed to the "Going Nowhere" machine that is Baron Corbin. Fucking hell. Took them a year and a half to put him on TV and they're still screwing Crowe. The one fucking Baron Corbin fan trying to stand up to the crowd turning on Baron was amusing. Glad the crowd is turning on him. His offense wasn't completely terrible this bout but fuck, Ed is right. No expression or anything to go for it. Finish was pretty cool. But fuck Baron Corbin. The brawl with Rhino was pretty cool. Rhino going crazy is always fun.

- Hearing Finn Balor say triple threat is amusing. So much for damage control on this episode.

- Hearing the crowd try to deem Jessie McKay as black shorts was.....something.

- Still don't care about Emma/Bayley. That tag match could be pretty good though.

- It is kind of a head scratcher that you would have the BAM/Enzo & Cass feud represented by a Divas match to go home on. Carmella's expression when BAM came down was pretty great. Match was sloppy. NO MEANS NO chant was golden. Not her biggest fan, but it was nice to see Carmella get over on the stick with the audience.

- Man, I can't wait for Itami to take the match at Unstoppable. >_______> Itami calling Owens a bad person sounds like he was saying "a butt person"

- No Rosebuds was really weird to see. The tag match was decent, but yeah I agree with Ed. The whole time you're a bit distracted knowing that the match this was done for is up in the air now.

- So they did their best to make it clear Sami is going into Unstoppable with a hurt shoulder. And that there is still a possibility of him wrestling. But did nothing to alarm you that you're definitely not going to see Itami. Ok. If you're able to get all of that out of your mind, you'll enjoy the closing segment to the show. Especially with Owens' closing remarks. It showed more uniqueness to Owens' character.

Yeah, pretty meh show. I hope Unstoppable somehow exceeds these low expectations right now. And the reason the special has low expectations isn't entirely the bookers faults. You can't stop real injuries. But man, they have a good amount to do with it too.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Comeback King

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - May 13th, 2015: BARON'S GONNA BORE YOU!

We know Itami is out but they could have filmed someone attacking him backstage or something and insert it into TakeOver next week. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it with Owens and then when Hideo does turn back up they have an obvious reason to feud. I don't know how injured Hideo was though and whether he would have been able to tape anything like that after getting injured.

------------------------------------------------

On to NXT and I don't have much different to say than Ed and Nicky really.

-Crowe losing to Boring Baron sucked and I really hope they give Rhyno the win at Takeover although they probably won't. I think Corbin is crying out for a tag team partner right now but I am not sure who I would put him with.

-Sasha is the BOSS. Think her match against Becky could be the MOTN next Wednesday.

-Alexa and Carmella was sloppy but it did the job in adding heat to the Tag Titles feud. It was weird because Carmella was the heel and Alexa was the face in the match but everything else they were opposite. It confused the hell out of me.

-Tag Match was fine for what it was but like many have said couldn't get into it because we all know Hideo is out. There is a reason for no Rosebuds although it makes no sense as it happened on SmackDown. I sense they were aiming for it during RAW before this NXT but maybe it got cut. Tyler is amazing but unfortunately he isn't winning next week.

-Angle between Zayn and Owens was funny because of the dubbed lines at the beginning. I sense Owens will put Zayn out 'permanently'. He will go and have surgery and then he will debut on the main roster. I reckon that was the plan all along but without the real injury happening.

Weird episode of NXT. I have no idea what to make of it.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- Damn, Solomon. Your new music suuuucks. Speaking of sucks, here's Baron Corbin! ... I kid, but seriously enough with the godamned squashes. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks of this, the fans in attendance seem to agree.

That being said, the little heeler-things Baron did added a bit more to this squash than his usual empty 30-second squashes. That, with Solomon Crowe's offense, made this not as boring as it could've been. I could get behind Baron a bit more if he showed some more personality.

Looks like the hacker thing is being toned down with Crowe, which is... alright, I guess. There wasn't ever going to be much longevity with a hacker gimmick, but still, after all the hype he had it's still jarring to see him thrown into the jobber slot against Baron. What, Jason Jordan busy bleaching his hair or something?

- "If you win the triple threat contenders match at Unstoppable, who would you rather face for the title: Kevin Owens, or Sami Zayn?"
    Finn Balor: The fuck you mean, 'if'? Fuck all y'all, I'll beat whoever.
    Tyler Breeze: The fuck you mean, 'if'? Fuck all y'all, I'll beat whoever.
    Hideo Itami: Good question, Kevin Owens is a bad man and I would like to kick him a lot.

See, if there's anything to love about Hideo, it's that he acknowledges what's going on in the show and knows Kevin Owens is a dirtbag and avoiding the generic answer formatting Balor & Breeze fell into. Plus he says 'Bad person' like 'Butt person' and that's so unfortunately hilarious that I want him to win, call Kevin Owens a Butt Person to his face and watch a confused Kevin react.

Oh, that's right. Injury. Darn.

- "LET'S GO BLACK SHORTS!"
    Guys. I get how fun the whole Blue Pants thing was, but... c'mon, man. Don't force it. Gawd. It's okay to not fill every moment with nonsensical chanting.

Aaah. That Banks Statement is still a beauty to look at. Sasha Banks <3

- GLITTER, GLITZ, SPARKLE, BLISS.

Bit of a lackluster build-up for the tag title match. Carmella using Enzo's typical schtick just seems odd to me. I still can't buy her as a face via association.

- Dana Brooke: Charlotte thinks I'm jelly of her?
    Jelly. Not jealous, jelly. Oh, Dana. That's adorable. You've still got a long way to go, but that's adorable.

- No rosebuds for the tag match, eh? I'm going to assume they're all stuffed and mounted in Leo Kruger's lounge room.

Tyler Breeze's expression when Adam Rose leaned in for a group selfie. Perfect, just like everything about Tyler Breeze.

Fun enough tag match. I would absolutely love for Breeze to win and face off against Owens. Yeah, it probably won't happen, but it would be so, so cool if it did.

- The awkward focus on Kevin Owens as Sami Zayn pipes in an obvious voice over was so jarring I almost laughed.

Sami Zayn: "Is this about your son?"
    *Crowd collectively shits bricks.*

Seriously, the Owens/Zayn confrontation at the end was magnificent.

Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Punk Wolf
    - "If you win the triple threat contenders match at Unstoppable, who would you rather face for the title: Kevin Owens, or Sami Zayn?"
    Finn Balor: The fuck you mean, 'if'? Fuck all y'all, I'll beat whoever.
    Tyler Breeze: The fuck you mean, 'if'? Fuck all y'all, I'll beat whoever.
    Hideo Itami: Good question, Kevin Owens is a bad man and I would like to kick him a lot.

See, if there's anything to love about Hideo, it's that he acknowledges what's going on in the show and knows Kevin Owens is a dirtbag and avoiding the generic answer formatting Balor & Breeze fell into. Plus he says 'Bad person' like 'Butt person' and that's so unfortunately hilarious that I want him to win, call Kevin Owens a Butt Person to his face and watch a confused Kevin react.
    These interviews indicated to me that Hideo was penciled in to win the triple threat, Breeze and Balor gave cliched answers, but Itami gave an answer that set up a match with Owens. It's what I predicted weeks ago, but those segments gave me more confidence in that prediction.

Now he's out, fuck knows, probably back to Balor again.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Curtain Jerker

Status

I would just be soooo happy if Uhaa was put into the triple threat.

Thread Information