Thread: NXT Discussion - April 15th, 2015: A Love Pentagram

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - April 15th, 2015: A Love Pentagram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWgDZTCL9k

Man Beast Targets Zayn!

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Sami Zayn's return to in-ring action won't be a walk in the park, as he steps right into the path of Rhyno! Can Zayn tame the raging Man Beast? Find out on WWE NXT, Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Oddly like the idea of Sami vs. Rhyno. Can't wait to check it out.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 04-16-2015 at 06:05 AM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT Discussion - April 15th, 2014

Yeah it is a strange match but for some reason it has my attention. I mean surely there is only going to be one outcome but who knows?

Wondering if we will get some development as we must be getting near to the next special now.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

It does strike me as odd that Rhyno would get such a high profile match in NXT after only beating local talent a couple of time over the last several weeks

Zayn wins, but I could see something like a Rhyno/Owens alliance being revealed or developed coming out of this

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Stretch Muffler >>>>>>>> The shitty slingshot splash thing

Marked hard for that finisher returning.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Scumbag Role Model

Status

- RIP CJ Parker. Marked hard for a lot of that Crowe/Parker match. There was some sweet Callihan signatures, CJ had a pretty decent outing, and the Stretch Muffler is definitely a better finisher than the snapback splash. Solid little opener. Can't wait for Crowe to learn how to say the word regularly, though.

- Skipped the Corbin squash but it turns out I didn't really skip that far ahead >.>

- Sawyer Fulton still looks like the biggest dork in all of professional wrestling. I was entertained by that tag team segment a little more than I should have been. Colin and Enzo's double team is pretty great. The Blake and Murphy stuff was alright story, but should have meant more to the match at hand.

- Yeah, I really was hoping Alex Riley would go away.

- Blue Pants is back! Don't really have an opinion about Dana Brooke aside from the fact that I've never seen anyone rub themselves more during their entrance except maybe Val Venis.

- Rhino vs. Sami was a pretty good main event. Got a little boring with Rhino controlling, but Zayn comeback as usual, was really solid.

Pretty good episode of NXT this week.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: NXT Discussion - April 15th, 2014: A Love Pentagram

CJ Parker vs Solomon Crowe
    CJ Parker's swan song. Can't say I'm going to miss him. Beaten by Crowe on his way out. Thank god Crowe seems to have changed his finisher, that looks much better. Not a bad match at all, too little too late for Parker. Can't wait for Crowe to get stuck into bigger things.

Baron Corbin vs ? Cutler

Now if only Baron Corbin could follow him out. How long are these meaningless squashes going to continue. He had that poor programme with Dempsey and now he's just sunk back to doing nothing. Do something with him or ditch him I say.

Jersey Boys vs Dawkins and Fulton
    I think if Cass tries to look any more intimidating on the mic his eyes are gonna pop out. Good win for the contenders, man I hope they win the titles. Blake and Murphy bring Carmella flowers...seriously how many times is she gonna sniff them? I'm don't get why Enzo and Cass haven't bitch slapped these two by now.

*Riley vs Owens again next week? What was with the crazy eyes? Oh how I look forward to more Alex Riley*

Blue Pants vs Dana Brooke
    I think I'm in love, dam Dana is hot. Good win for her debut. Can't say the match was too strong, bur established her well. Looking forward to more of her.

Zayn vs Rhyno
    Great to have Sami back in action! Really looking forward to this, big Rhyno fan. Good win for Zayn, he really took a beating here but still did what he had to do to get the win. I think this was a brilliant opponent for him because he had to work so hard to beat Rhyno, but Owens is a much bigger deal and Zayn's going to have to work much harder to beat him. But that's down the road, great comback win for Zayn and great to have him back!

An average to good show. Main event was great. Womens triple threat next week with Becky I think getting the win and Owens/Riley II which I'm not crazy about seeing.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

There's obviously a lot of work to do with Dana, but I think there's potential there for her to be a really good heel on NXT, that's a character that the NXT crowd will easily hate, I like her finish as well. You're spot on though Nicky, she touches herself way too much.

Pretty good main event with the right winner. I'm curious now that we've seen Rhyno up against the best there is on NXT whether anyone's actually interested in seeing Rhyno stick around for more competitive matches, I'm not overly keen even though they have made good use of him.

Fuck Riley Vs Owens II, don't see much point in that.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

The only Rhyno match left I want to see is against Owens. Other than that, yeah he's done his bit.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    The only Rhyno match left I want to see is against Owens. Other than that, yeah he's done his bit.
    It's happened on the indies before. I guess I'd be kind of curious to see how it works out in NXT.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status

Would be interested in Rhyno getting a protege/tag team partner (eg Bull Dempsey) so that there's still a reason for him to be around. The roster could learn a lot just by working with him on NXT. Also, would love to see Crowe vs Rhyno.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Billy View Post
    Would be interested in Rhyno getting a protege/tag team partner (eg Bull Dempsey) so that there's still a reason for him to be around. The roster could learn a lot just by working with him on NXT. Also, would love to see Crowe vs Rhyno.
    Good idea

I was also thinking what to do with Rhyno now that he lost to Zayn, but partnering him up with Dempsey or having act as a mentor to some younger guys is a good way to make use of him

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

It's just Neville in the NXT Opening now. No Adrian, just Neville. Odd, I assumed with his demotion to RAW he'd just be written out altogether of the intro. Would this mean Neville'll still be making the odd appearance every now and then, I wonder?

- RIP CJ Parker. Wrestling-wise, nothing spectacular, but boy did he figure out how to nail a perfectly hateable douchemeister.

Stretch Muffler > That weird-ass slingshot splash. Extra points for the splash on the leg beforehand to help set up the submission, plus Crowe locking the hands during the submission gave the impression that it's truly tap or snap. I imagine if he sits out whilst locking the hold in his opponent will truly be screwed.

Now actually play up that so-called hacker aspect moreso. Don't just have him whack the apron screens and cause them to MAGICALLY FIZZLE OUT briefly. I want him to hack Mojo Rawley's emails and reveal the extra-large jar of ass cream the guy orders after snapping his anus in half after using it as a stupid finisher time and time again.

I'm only half-joking in this case.

- And so the Baron Corbin experiment continues. Christ alive. The more these minute-long squash matches go, the less I am interested in the guy. The guy had that one-way feud with Bull Dempsey, and after that? Right back to rekin' skrubs. Has his first-ever* pinfall loss against Adrian Neville in that tournament a while back, we were all thinking 'oh, the streak's over, maybe now he can actually go forth and-NOPE, RIGHT BACK TWENTY-SECOND SQUASHES FOR YOU. I talk about Character Evolution a lot, as expanding your character and who you are can be key to surviving years in a business like the WWE. It's one of my points for why I can barely enjoy post-Shield Roman Reigns. But hell, at least he tries to shake it up every now and then with a fancy new catchphrase. Baron Corbin? Absolutely nothing. Reverting right back to stage one: Silent Monster Mode despite having prime opportunities to expand and evolve who he is. It's annoying and counter-productive and just makes me shake my head.

Solution: You know that whole biker, lone wolf motif Baron kind has? The wolf logo on the back of his vest and that talk of 'his people' a long time ago when he talked briefly in video packages? Expand on that. Not as a Sons of Anarchy Biker, no. That boat has long since sailed. No, I want him to be a Werewolf. The Full Moon tapings aren't that far away, give him facepaint or a really convincing mask and have him be a werewolf. Hell, use CGI if you have to. Give him a paper plate with a wolf face drawn on it and a fluffy scarf borrowed from Tyler Breeze's wardrobe, I don't care. If Finn Balor can be the Demon King every now and then, surely Baron Corbin can be the Werewolf Baron.

I'm not joking. I just really want Baron Corbin to evolve as a character.

* Naturally that first-ever pinfall after it was decided he would be someone who mattered and not another nameless jobber. Yes I remember that and yes I am petty about it when it comes to 'being undefeated.'

- HOW YOU DOIN'. Ah, I can never be unhappy with Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady are around.

Goddamn, is Sawyer Fulton destined to look like a complete dork regardless of what attire he finds? Goodness.

'This a love triangle?'
    'No, Rich, there's five of them. Clearly it's a love pentagram.'
    Oh, Corey, you always know exactly how to sum up a situation.

- 'Did you think that was it? Did you think Alex Riley would just go away?'
    Honestly? Kinda hoping, yeah.

- Olllllllllll' Blue Pants! Always a treat.

Aaaaand Dana Brooke. Man, she's rubbing herself more than Hoho. So green. Sooooo much room for improvement, but I have faith she'll blossom into a solid worker.

Her finisher looks nice, though.

- Sami Zayn back in the ring, fuck yessss. Oh, I missed you, my wonderful Ska Wrestler.

Loved the dueling 'ONE MORE TIME/NO' chants as Rhyno was crushing Sami's ribcage into dust with the corner tackles.

Pretty fun main event. Harkened back to Zayn/Owens, which seemed fitting.

Spoiler:

Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Status

just got a chance to watch NXT and I have a few thoughts:

-crowd was pretty dead for the Crowe/Parker match, eh?
    Crowe's Brock Lock or whatever is way better than the slingshot headbutt, for sure.

-I am probably in the minority, but I dont really enjoy Enzo at all. He's a smaller Road Dogg, with half the wrestling ability. Cass could be good someday. His body type reminds me of Bradshaw alot.

- Alex Riley isn't great or anything, but I am pretty surprised that he gets so much hate from fans. He is a guy that can do some good in NXT as a punching bag for the main event/semi-main

-Dana Brooke's entrance literally made me stop watching. I didn't pay one second of attention to her. With a roster with Sasha, Charlotte, Emma, Bayley and Becky Lynch (not to mention Alexa Bliss and Blue Pants) why did they rush to debut Brooke? Unless a few of those are headed up?

-Main event was kind of meh. It had its moments, and Zayn's comeback was pretty good. But I didn't buy Rhyno's gore attempt at the end at all. He never bent down to attempt to hit him. So it looked awkward and took me out of the moment a bit.

Pretty weak episode of NXT imo, especailly since they did nothing for Owens, Itami, Breeze, Balor, etc. Not even a backstage interview for one of them? But Riley gets his interview and a replay of some of the interview in a video package....? meh.
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163831
    STL Saint Presents: The Wednesday Night War!

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

Yeah, I thought Dana was awful. She just looked so green. For all the hype she's been given, I expected something much better than that!

Admin in Lockdown

Status

You know who was just as bad as Dana in her first match (and first few months), Charlotte! People need to stop comparing Dana to the top workers in the division and acting like Dana shouldn't be in the division because it's obvious she's a rookie and she can't hang with them at the moment. That didn't stop Carmella debuting, it didn't stop Alexa Bliss debuting and it didn't stop Charlotte debuting. Fuck, go watch a Sasha Banks match from her first year in NXT, she wasn't 10% of the worker she is now. As much as Triple H pushes NXT to be something bigger, it still has a duty to develop talent. Dana Brooke not being ready on Day 1 is not a big deal, there is a long list of talent on both the male and female NXT rosters that weren't ready either, but they developed. And hell she's already checking a few of the boxes because she has a gimmick and know's exactly how to play it and she'll be a great character for people to root against - arguably no NXT diva has ever debuted on the show with a better understanding of what their gimmick is and how to play it against the crowd than Dana has.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Ed brings forth a valid point. As great as NXT is, it's a developmental brand first and foremost, geared towards training the wrestlers for being infront of a live, televised audience. And while it would be grand for every show to revolve purely around the likes of Zayn, Owens, Breeze, Itami, & Balor - guys who are not only bring the show up a notch in entertainment value, but arguably are already ready for the main roster aside from a few things here and there - they still need to focus on the lesser talents. Dana's just started. Give her time. She could be on the level of Sasha Banks or Charlotte with enough time and training.

My favorite thing about NXT - aside from the Vaudevillains - is that when there's someone glaringly green, such as Dana Brooke in this case, I can be optimistic about them improving themselves before my eyes, and more often than not, they do, because that's why they're in NXT. I've watched it happen to Alexa Bliss and Charlotte to name a few. Who's to say it won't happen with Dana Brooke?

Spoiler:

Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You know who was just as bad as Dana in her first match (and first few months), Charlotte! People need to stop comparing Dana to the top workers in the division and acting like Dana shouldn't be in the division because it's obvious she's a rookie and she can't hang with them at the moment. That didn't stop Carmella debuting, it didn't stop Alexa Bliss debuting and it didn't stop Charlotte debuting. Fuck, go watch a Sasha Banks match from her first year in NXT, she wasn't 10% of the worker she is now. As much as Triple H pushes NXT to be something bigger, it still has a duty to develop talent. Dana Brooke not being ready on Day 1 is not a big deal, there is a long list of talent on both the male and female NXT rosters that weren't ready either, but they developed. And hell she's already checking a few of the boxes because she has a gimmick and know's exactly how to play it and she'll be a great character for people to root against - arguably no NXT diva has ever debuted on the show with a better understanding of what their gimmick is and how to play it against the crowd than Dana has.
    While I agree with what you are saying about her in-ring work, I can't say I agree about the character. Its very off-putting, and it (for me at least) wasnt entertaining or anything. Through all the vignettes Ive actually been kind of dreading her debut. Now that the debut has occurred, I say my fears were validated. The character is really awkward, cant really put a finger on it, but I was just watching her entrance thinking "no human does this" with the little circle motion, into flexing (right arm only) three times. Its just weird. make it look more natural and maybe it wont be so offputting? Idk. I literally stopped paying attention until I knew she was off my TV.
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163831
    STL Saint Presents: The Wednesday Night War!

HOSS MOD

Status

I pretty much echo everybody's thoughts on the last episode of NXT. As usual, the stuff that should deliver does.

As far as Dana Brooke goes...yep, Ed and Punk Wolf have it right. It's clear that Dana's green as grass, but that's kinda the point of developmental. My only problem with her is her propensity to touch herself over and over and over again. I don't know whether to find it annoying (and whether that's the intended response) or aroused or the state I'm currently in (confused as hell). It wouldn't even be that big of a deal if she didn't repeat it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Ah well, I'm sure that it'll work itself out over time.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    I pretty much echo everybody's thoughts on the last episode of NXT. As usual, the stuff that should deliver does.

As far as Dana Brooke goes...yep, Ed and Punk Wolf have it right. It's clear that Dana's green as grass, but that's kinda the point of developmental. My only problem with her is her propensity to touch herself over and over and over again. I don't know whether to find it annoying (and whether that's the intended response) or aroused or the state I'm currently in (confused as hell). It wouldn't even be that big of a deal if she didn't repeat it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Ah well, I'm sure that it'll work itself out over time.
    I thought this watching her debut. She was trying really hard to look like a bombshell but it came off as weird and unnatural. I guess it makes sense since they're billing her as 'The Total Diva', but I just thought it was stupid. I would like it if her gimmick turned into the ultimate main roster Divas mark ie she has a shrine of Nikki Bella in her locker, is shown rewatching Total Divas on the tron while other NXT Divas are in matches, would rip gimmicks of former NXT Divas like Emma's bubbles. Either way, a Dana Brooke and Bayley feud will happen in the future.

Alex Riley's promos are half awesome/half terrible. He says something cool then fumbles the next line. He's definitely improved, character wise, in his time off. As cliché as it sounds, I wouldn't mind a heel turn. He needs a new perspective and has the intensity to make something out of it.

I loved the idea of Solomon Crowe as a hacker, but it hasn't been pulled off well. I thought, for a time, that he was the guy behind the blackouts and random shit in Bray Wyatt matches last year. Man, they shouldn't have killed the family. Especially when it had a lot of room for growth, it should have became a legit cult.
    Last edited by Catfish Billy; 04-20-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Thread Information