Thread: NXT Discussion - April 1, 2015: I LOVE YOU BUBBLES

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - April 1, 2015: I LOVE YOU BUBBLES

RIVALS CLASH IN ENDURANCE TEST

This week on WWE NXT, the rivalry between Hideo Itami and Tyler Breeze reaches its boiling point when they battle in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match. Watch all the action Wednesday at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 04-01-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: NXT Discussion - April 1, 2015

Can't wait for this. NXTs favourite match returns and I expect these two to kill it.

Merry Christmas

Status

Opening - Zayn is back, great to see him. This is short and sweet, he's back for his rematch but more importantly to kick Owens ass. Strong message and I look forward to the build for this, likely at the next Takeover.

Rhyno vs ? - I didn't even catch the guy name, oh well he died in about 10 seconds after a gore anyway. Not sure what they have planned for Rhyno with these quick squashes? But still real cool to see him back.

Emma vs Bayley - Going back to last week a moment. How can Emma slap Bayley to motivate her? Emma has had TWO matches this year, which she lost...now 3. And done nothing before that. What right does she have to tell someone to what to do? Anyway this match was very meh, I'm not a massive Bayley fan but wanted her to get the win because I CAN'T FUCKING STAND EMMA. She is cheesy, goofy, annoying, bubbles, hand jives, wanna punch her in the face. But I don't punch women over the internet. Post match it looks like Becky is throwing her name in the hat for a shot at Sasha. Don't have a problem with this.

Luchas vs Blake/Murphy - Now that we know the Luchas are on the main roster, it made no sense for them to get a victory here. It was also a good win for the champs. But I am still struggling to invest in them. They feel completely generic. Even with their heel move behind the ref, to help get the win, didn't feel that big a deal because I am still not invested in them. I really want the Jersey Boys to get the titles when it's their turn, much more entertaining. Not a bad match up, Luchas still look good and I think they will do well on the main show.
    Last edited by Negan; 04-01-2015 at 08:51 PM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well I've missed a half and hour of the show, what has happened so far. I heard Itami vs Breeze two outta three falls match and it sounds tasty as I watch Dubstep Express vs The Lucha Dragons on The WWE Network right now!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

- Thought the Sami Zayn promo was really good. Nice to hear from him. But it felt like his return needed more hype. And they went straight to advertising the rest of the show instead of letting his promo breathe a little.

- Rhino's back and gave us the same exact squash as last month. I'm sure he'll put over a big talent and then fade away for a while.

- Owens' breathy post-match promo was amusing and kind of cool.

- lol @ Graves: "We've seen a new Bayley in recent months." lol no we haven't, bro. You're high. I enjoyed Emma being half assed in her attempts to get the crowd behind her, but it would have been smarter character wise to not make fun of herself and just ditch the dancing and bubbles all together. What a weird match. The match had a completely different story than what the backstage promos suggested. This fell flat for me. I think I can now safely skip Bayley segments for the next couple of times.

- Didn't think the Becky promo was bad until she said N-Becks-T. Barf. Sure that will catch on, sadly.

- Man, sucked to see how over Kalisto was in Columbus and how over he was for post-WM Raw and then seeing the Full Sail crowd not give a shit about his act. Silent for a beautiful moonsault. And he was a great FIP. Popping for a guy that they could see work every other company for the past four years in Rhino. Nothing for Kalisto. This crowd sucks sometimes. Match was kind of dull, though. Highlight of the match was listening to two announcers talk about how much fun they had at WrestleMania when this was taped nearly a month before the event.

- Rhino vs. Zayn should be an interesting match. There's that guy Rhino can put over before leaving.

- Crowe video package was fine. The fact they already have to remind viewers of Crowe and not really giving him much to do is still a shitty sign, though.

- Jordan/Dillenger was kind of boring and the wrong guy went over. "Win Tye Win" was a great chant.

- Enjoyed the hype for the main event. Thought the main event was pretty good. A step down from their past encounters, mostly because I hate how the breezed (no pun intended) through the first two falls with finisher pins. Third fall was fine. Tyler winning was a bit surprising, especially since this was probably the feud ender and I don't imagine Breeze being around much longer in NXT.

Meh episode of NXT. Only highlights were the Zayn promo, which could have felt bigger, and the main event, which was slightly disappointing but still pretty good.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: NXT Discussion - April 1, 2015: I LOVE YOU BUBBLES

Well personally I came to watch this weeks show during the tag team match, and it was rather boring the Dubstep Express I don't see what the WWE sees in them as their tag team champs? Anyways I'm happy to see The Lucha Dragons getting an opportunity and move up on the world and push Kidd/Cesaro on the main roster should be fun to watch! Jordan/Dillenger that was even worse of a match between the two, I legit lol'd when Jordan said I'm the best at his former partner. I was thinking you're the best at what Monopoly or Hungry Hungry Hippos what? Itami/Breeze the first fall was pretty much all Itami, and the second fall came what a minute or two after the first one right? The third one was easily the best range of entertainment and I was shocked Breeze went over this time around. Unless WWE has plans to put the NXT World Title on him, he should come up to the main roster, unless were getting the best of seven with Itami/Breeze coming.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Opening - Zayn is back, great to see him. This is short and sweet, he's back for his rematch but more importantly to kick Owens ass. Strong message and I look forward to the build for this, likely at the next Takeover.

Rhyno vs ? - I didn't even catch the guy name, oh well he died in about 10 seconds after a gore anyway. Not sure what they have planned for Rhyno with these quick squashes? But still real cool to see him back.

Emma vs Bayley - Going back to last week a moment. How can Emma slap Bayley to motivate her? Emma has had TWO matches this year, which she lost...now 3. And done nothing before that. What right does she have to tell someone to what to do? Anyway this match was very meh, I'm not a massive Bayley fan but wanted her to get the win because I CAN'T FUCKING STAND EMMA. She is cheesy, goofy, annoying, bubbles, hand jives, wanna punch her in the face. But I don't punch women over the internet. Post match it looks like Becky is throwing her name in the hat for a shot at Sasha. Don't have a problem with this.

Luchas vs Blake/Murphy - Now that we know the Luchas are on the main roster, it made no sense for them to get a victory here. It was also a good win for the champs. But I am still struggling to invest in them. They feel completely generic. Even with their heel move behind the ref, to help get the win, didn't feel that big a deal because I am still not invested in them. I really want the Jersey Boys to get the titles when it's their turn, much more entertaining. Not a bad match up, Luchas still look good and I think they will do well on the main show.
    Another strange post. Emma's stuff makes perfect sense and is an actual story that works with the main roster as well. Emma came to NXT and won fans over. She started just being an oddball, but overtime people started loving the goofiness, because that's what the NXT crowd gets behind. Weirdness and stuff that goes against the grain is what they love. She was doing well, having really good matches and over on NXT, so she gets the call up to the main roster. There, she brings what she brought to NXT and suddenly people don't like it. People don't care about her acting goofy. All the praise she got on NXT and all the love the NXT fans gave her meant nothing because when she was called up it didn't pay off.

Now, outside of kayfabe you can argue they didn't book her well, but that helps the story too. Paige came in and was an instant star and got star reactions. Emma came in and the NXT fans didn't give her the attention they would give Paige. So now she comes back to NXT and meets her friend Bayley. Emma is disenchanted with everything because she did nothing but spin her wheels on the main show and she's back where she started. She sees Bayley doing well, having good matches, not quite winning the big one but believes in herself and has an attachment to the NXT universe. Emma is telling Bayley that the NXT universe gets you nowhere because when you leave, they won't make her successful. She needs to stop relying on her connection to the fans to succeed because it's not enough.

It's a good heel story, because she's blaming the fans for her lack of success. There's enough realism in the story that the heel is justified to an extent, but going about it the wrong way. So Emma slaps Bayley to try to snap her out of what's going on. To try to get some aggression out of her. A week or two later they have a match and Emma comes back out to the NXT crowd, and now is apathetic. She doesn't want to act like that oddball that the fans love because she doesn't love the fans anymore. She hasn't quite turned on them yet, but she's getting tired of it. Bayley and Emma, still friends, have a match but Emma doing her schtick, even halfheartedly, cost her the match.

Makes sense to me. It's actually pretty elaborate for a divas story, and when Emma turns on the crowd more, and Bayley more, I suspect the matches will deliver well too.

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Well I've missed a half and hour of the show, what has happened so far. I heard Itami vs Breeze two outta three falls match and it sounds tasty as I watch Dubstep Express vs The Lucha Dragons on The WWE Network right now!
    I agree with what somebody else said in the thread. It's a damn shame that the Lucha Dragons don't get the kind of reaction in front of Full Sail that they did on WWE TV and in live NXT events. Really quality team, where both guys are quality but Kalisto is the star.
    When I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost.

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Bayley vs Emma was a bad match from my point of view. I get that Emma was trying to make light of herself to try to get some heat, but she looked like she was phoning the match in with her moves though. Mock yourself all you want to, but don't look lackadaisical during the actual match. That just makes the match itself look shitty.
    My BTB: 2013-The NXT Generation

[IMG]http://***************/46806_s.gif[/IMG]

Merry Christmas

Status

continued.....

Sami/Rhyno - Rhyno going the Owen's route for a shot at the title. Looks like these two will but heads along the way to Zayn getting to Owens. Although I can't deny I would like to see a Rhyno vs Owen's match.

Dillinger vs Jordan - I wondered when we would see this, can't say I'm overly invested. This is a chance for both men to really make a name for themselves and show what they can do on their own. I'm backing Jordan, looks like he has more potential. Impressive victory, they booked the right guy to win and I hope creative can get behind him.

- Itami vs Breeze - I have enjoyed each match these have had, Breeze is one of my favourite guys right now and you can't beat a good 2/3 falls match. Itami gets the match going with a quick first fall. Looking good and clearly shaken Breeze. Although he popped up with a quick fall to tie the match. The first to didn't do to much more me so we are back to the start now, and I hope for them to really get into this now. Near fall after bear fall. Super pumped Breeze got the win, hopefully this see's him heading towards a title shot in the near future. If this is the last match from these two for quite a while, they finished off in style. Thoroughly entertaining main event.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- SAMI ZAYN! Oh, Sami, NXT without you is something different. If there is one guy who is the physical embodiment of the hope and sincerity that NXT delivers, it's Sami motherfuckin' Zayn. I MISSED YOU, MY BELOVED SETH ROGEN WRESTLER. NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN.

- RIP Mr. 450, gored to shreds by RHYNO. The mystery of why your name is Mr. 450 shall continue to live on and astound me for months to come. One day you story shall be told.

I can dig Rhyno gore-ing his way into the NXT Main Event. If only to help put over someone else, which would still be nice.

- Dana Brooke, huh? Alright, we could use a few more women wrestlers in NXT.

- Oh Emma, you're breaking my heart with how despairingly apathic and unmotivated you seem. But unlike Sin Cara, yours is on purpose and an actual plot point. Her half-assed maneuvers and actions are half-assed because the poor thing's just dead inside. Watch her face after the match. An obviously forced smile, immediately dropped the instant Bayley turns away. When's the last time professional wrestling had 'crippling depression' as a plot point? Yeah, it's not a technical masterpiece. It's a story-driven psychological bout. I don't want them to pull off a Bryan/Ziggler wowzer in this context because it would be jarring as fuck against the story that's happening.

- N-Bex-T? Come now, Becky. Surely you can think of a better pun that that.

- Woot, Dubstep Cowboys. I imagine this'll be the final days of Kalisto/Sin Cara on the NXT roster, what with them being called up to Raw and all. Can we agree that the Dubstep Cowboy's tag finisher is pretty great?

- Tye Dillinger FTW. Jason Jordan FTL.

- Breeze vs Itami for best low-angle feud please.

Surprised the first two falls went by relatively quickly, but they certainly got over how match-ending their individual finishers can be. It wasn't dramatic kickouts and desperation hope-spots ahoy, more of it was two guys with finishers than can end the match like that racing to see who could hit theirs first. Simple, yet solid stuff.

Spoiler:

Comeback King

Status

Not going to do an in-depth review as there was quite a lot which I don't really think needs talking about.

What I will say is the main event was good and I really like Hideo and Tyler together. They seem to 'get' each other in the ring together and that means it delivers every time. There were five matches on this show and I wish they would have cut one maybe even two of them and given this much more time. I marked out when Breeze won I have to say. I was certain Hideo was going to get the win. Pleasant surprise that for sure.

Bayley and Emma was awful in my opinion, they need to go the whole hog with Emma or it won't work at all.

Everything else was a bit meh this week although Sami Zayn returning was a cool way to kick off the show. Crowd were pretty dead so this must have been the last episode at the tapings?

Hurts me to say it but quite a weak hour this week.

On Vacation

Status

Itami vs Breeze was good but I feel it could have done with an extra five minutes, maybe they could have cut Dillinger vs Jordon(even had it last week instead of one of the million video packages).

I agree on Bayley/Emma being poor, hopefully they will have a better match down the road when Emma goes full on heel.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Did anyone else get the feeling in that 3rd fall that it was all being set up for a GTS for Itami to secure the final and decisive fall. I have to admit I was shocked to see Breeze win it, although I like both guys so I don't hate the booking decision. Good main event, but not great. I think I caught them saying it was the 2nd 2/3 falls match in NXT history on commentary which doesn't seem right because there's at least Cesaro/Zayn and Graves/Neville, maybe I misheard them.

Emma couldn't be subtle if her life depended on it, she telegraphs everything so badly, it was obvious in the backstage segments what she was going to do to Bailey and rapid smiling seething smiling seething smiling seething expression changes after the match this week were laughable.

Seems ages since the Rhyno match, i'm in the mood for a more competitive match now.

Loved the Sami promo, boy we've missed him on this show.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Merry Christmas

Status

He did the GTS at axxess which they are showing next week. Maybe he will start using it in tapings after this.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    He did the GTS at axxess which they are showing next week. Maybe he will start using it in tapings after this.
    Nah that was the San Jose house show.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Itami vs Breeze was good but I feel it could have done with an extra five minutes, maybe they could have cut Dillinger vs Jordon(even had it last week instead of one of the million video packages).

I agree on Bayley/Emma being poor, hopefully they will have a better match down the road when Emma goes full on heel.
    I think that Emma should continue to try and convince Bayley to become meaner/more aggresive, and in time it will culminate with both of then shedding their good girl acts and becoming a full fledged hell tag team/faction

Thread Information