Thread: NXT vs The Main Roster

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT vs The Main Roster

Since TakeOver R Evolution last week theres been a lot of talk what is better NXT or the main roster', if you were given the chance to set up an NXT vs The main roster pay per view, what matches would you have?

Here are the parameters:

The matches must be "Main Roster vs NXT"
    Must be current wrestlers
    If you are regularly on the main roster, that is where you stay (so Tyson Kidd or Natalya is main roster, but since Sin Cara is an NXT Champion, he is NXT)
    You can do title vs. title matches, but not necessary.
    Don't go into the absurd for stipulations
    Cannot do matches like "Leo Kruger versus Adam Rose" (even though it would be interesting)

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NXT vs The Main Roster

John Cena Vs Sami Zayn - There's a problem in the NXT roster in that there's such a lack heels I'm gonna have to cop out and do a face Vs face main event. No WWE Champion because obviously Brock Lesnar wouldn't show up for such an event. John Cena does his usual stuff about it's time for guys to step up yadda yadda yadda and says he wants the best there is in NXT to headline the show with him, that of course would be the NXT Champion Sami Zayn. For arguments sake, let's say this takes place down in Full Sail, then just like Cena Vs Punk MITB and Cena Vs RVD ONS, Cena would get to heel it up nicely against the crowd's fan favourite

Dean Ambrose Vs Kevin Owens - This can be the one gimmick match of the night, No DQ match between two of the best brawlers on either brand.

Seth Rollins Vs Adrian Neville - Two awesome former NXT Champions face off because I said so

Dolph Ziggler Vs Tyler Breeze - One Show-Off Vs another Show Off. I think both guys could bounce off each other really well.

Miz and Mizdow Vs Lucha Dragons - Two sets of Tag Team Champions collide~! lazy booking.

Paige, Emma and Summer Rae Vs Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Bayley - you can't book the NXT girls against the likes of the Bellas because can't frankly the Bellas can't hang with them and would drag the match down, so let's go for an NXT reunion. The three girls who graduated Full Sail first, Vs the two three girls down there at the moment. Give them 10 minutes to show why NXT does Women's wrestling so much better than the WWE.

Goldust
    and Stardust Vs Finn Balor and Hideo Itami - one wacky face painted wrestler meets another two wacky face painted wrestlers. Hideo Itami is there as well.

The Wyatt Family Vs The Mechanics and Sylvester Lefort - Short squash match for the Wyatt Family on their one night only reunion in Full Sail
    *after constructive criticism, I'll change this to a Bray Wyatt squash over Mojo Rawley*

Tyson Kidd and Cesaro w/Natalya Vs Enzo Amore and Big Cass w/Carmella - bit of a waste of Kidd and Cesaro, but I couldn't work out a way to get them on the show otherwise, and Enzo's entrance needs to be seen by the entire WWE Universe.

Bo Dallas Vs Baron Corbin - Bo Dallas would come down to the ring and talk about all his experiences as NXT Champion, and how great things have been for him on the main roster since he got called up (get it, because Bo's fucking deluded). He issues an open challenge to anyone who Bo-Lieve's they can beat him, and Corbin comes out to squash him in 20 seconds.

------------------
    Pretty hard given the stipulation of must be WWE Vs NXT, Had to do a lot of tags just to get people on the card, but even then it's arguably too many matches
    Last edited by Ed; 12-16-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Status

This should be fun. The problem with this is that there's so much more star power and talent on the main roster (obviously), so it's hard to match up main vs. NXT. Seems like you'd be leaving a lot of guys off unless you have an unrealistic 12-15 match card, lol

I mean think about it.

NXT
    Zayn
    Owens
    Balor
    Itami
    Neville
    Breeze
    Ascension
    Vaudvillians
    Lucha Dragons
    Charlotte
    Sasha

Who else could you see on NXT being on a big time show or PPV? The main roster has so much more.

Main
    Lesnar
    Cena
    Reigns
    Rollins
    Ambrose
    Orton
    Sheamus
    Ziggler
    Rusev
    Wyatt
    Harper
    Rowan
    Barrett
    Swagger
    Cesaro
    Usos
    Miz/Sandow
    Gold/Stardust
    AJ
    Paige
    Nikki
    Brie
    Natalia

Regardless, I'll get a card in later today or tomorrow.

edit - I like the card Ed, but the breaking kayfabe just bugs me. Yeah, I get it's a fantasy booking thing, so it doesn't matter, but the fact that you have Charlotte/Sasha on the same team and Harper/Rowan on the same team just a month or two after their breakup is just weird. If we're doing that, why not just have Lesnar show up anyway?
    Last edited by PeepShow; 12-16-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Ah, yeah that is a bit of an oversight with the Wyatts. I just wanted them on because they were a big part of NXT, but yeah that would be random now. Probably change it to something like Bray Wyatt squashes Mojo Rawley and leave Harper and Rowan off.

I think Sasha and Charlotte being on the same team would be fine if the storyline is right. Hell one of the most entertaining tag teams of the past few years was Team Hell No that was formed straight out of a Kane/Bryan feud and they spent months not liking each other as Tag Team Champions. At least one match on this card should tell the story of rivals being forced to get along because they're representing the brand and maybe even their future career prospects.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Not a full card but some match ideas

Team NXT vs Team WWE
    (would use alot of talent so)

Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar or Dean Ambrose in a street fight

Finn Balor vs Randy Orton

Sami Zayn vs Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar vs Baron Corbin

Adrian Neville vs The Miz

Damien Mizdow vs CJ Parker on the preshow

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

With so many guys this is actually gonna be pretty tough, probably have a lot of one or other other matches. Plus unlike Ed I'm gonna try do this without breaking Kayfabe

Sami Zayn & Adrian Neville Vs John Cena & Daniel Bryan
    - The main event is indeed the hardest match to book, Ed is right in regards to their being a major lack of main event heels in NXT. The closest was Breeze a couple months back but he's pretty much been midcard fodder since Takeover 2. Same with Tyson really (not that I could have used him anyway). A face tag Vs face tag main event between those 4 guys would really cap of the show nicely.

Steen Vs Ambrose/Reigns - Yep the No DQ huge brawl of the night and the co-main event of the whole thing. fun, hardcore, crazy, just let two guys go wild on one another. Ambrose would suit this match more than reigns but It would be terrible to keep reigns of the show with the amount of stock they've put into him being the next guy.

Miz & Mizdow Vs Lucha Dragons/Enzo & Big Cass - Nothing special, just a filler tag match to kill some time and get both teams on the card really.

Usos Vs Vaudvillians - Again Filler tag match just for fun really.

Charlotte Vs AJ/Nikki/Paige - This match is actually really hard to do too. I rather not go down the 3-3 route like Ed did since I rather keep to kayfabe as much as possible so it's gonna have to be either AJ due to her pretty much being the #1 diva, Nikki due to her being the champ or Paige due to her being the last NXT divas champ who never actually lost the strap. 3 easy stories to write but hard to choose 1 to go with.

Ziggler Vs Breeze - Gonna co-sign with Ed on this one. Seems like a match that kinda writes itself. The show off vs the pretty boy. Good match to kick stuff off really. Fun, energetic, bold, something to really get the crowd going.

Rusev Vs Itami/Balor - Midcard match up to give Rusev that extra little rub, Both guys seem like decent enough opponents for the guy after all and the match would be fun regardless so why not.

Rollins Vs Itami/Balor - Whoever doesn't face Rusev can essentially face Rollins in a filler match for fun really.

Only issue i'm having with the card i've just wrote is the 3 tag matches. 2 midcard matches alone would suffice, 3 is probably overkill but I rather not leave out a guy like Neville or Bryan. 8 matches also seems like a lot, especially since you would realistically want both main event matches to get 20+ mins each. Plus I haven't even taken into considerations guys like Bray, Orton, Sheamus, Cesar, Dust Brothers, & Lesnar.

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

John Cena vs Kevin Owens in a Steel Cage: Cena could show up saying that he's the man that runs the place and that the future has to go through him and Owens would step up to go OVER him after he puts him in the ground.

Sami Zayn vs Seth Rollins: With Rollins claiming he's the future of the WWE, it seems only natural to have the NXT Champion step up and go head to head to defend the brand and to prove that NXT is the future.

Charlotte vs Nikki Bella: Women's Champ vs Diva's Champ to show Charl...I mean which Women's division has superiority. I think that's enough of a reason.

The Miz and Damien Mizdow vs The Vaudevillians: Could you imagine the noise level in that place for this match?!

Dolph Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze: Like Ed said, a "Who's The Better Show Off" match fits quite well here.

Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs Tyson Kidd and Cesaro: The workrate alone makes this match quite awesome!

Baron Corbin vs Adam Rose: SQUASH MATCH!

Bull Dempsey vs Bo Dallas: SQAUSH MATCH! (And coincidentally their match would go on about 10 seconds longer than Corbin's, which advances the feud between Dempsey and Corbin)

That's the start of my ideas.
    My BTB: 2013-The NXT Generation

[IMG]http://***************/46806_s.gif[/IMG]

On Vacation

Status

Ok heres my card, I'm surprised Ed left of The Uso's

John Cena vs Sami Zayn The biggest babyface of the last decade vs the biggest babyface is NXT

The Uso's vs The Lucha Dragons The best team on the main roster vs the best team on NXT

Daniel Bryan vs Finn Balor This would be such a great match

AJ Lee vs Charlotte The woman who's been on top of the Divas division for the majority of the last few years vs the top female in NXT

Bray Wyatt vs Kevin Owens I don't care if they're both heels, this would be an awesome brawl

Dolph Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze I had this in my head before Ed mentioned it, writes itself

Seth Rollins vs Hideo Itami ROH rematch

Dean Ambrose vs Adrian Neville Because, why not?

So many people left off the show, so do some sort of team WWE vs Team NXT on the pre show

I am the Outlaw

Status

I think Ambrose and Owens would have a better dynamic than Bray and Owens. Both would be great to see though and I hope we one day see them.

I'd definitely book Cena/Zayn, and hey, I'll throw Zayn a bone and say Cena can win with a top rope AA rather than a regular or making the sucka tap.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Surprised Ed left out The Uso's
    Your Tag match was on my mind but I felt I'd already done face Vs face in the main, didn't want to do it again plus I'd be leaving the Tag Champs off the show. The Ascension is the hardest team to book into this because they're NXT but we're expecting them on the main roster very shortly, couldn't think of a thing for them to do which wasn't their trademark squash match.

I like your suggestion of Rollins/Itami.

I like Kilik's suggestion of Vaudevillians Vs Miz and Mizdow, good comedy match in prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    I'd definitely book Cena/Zayn, and hey, I'll throw Zayn a bone and say Cena can win with a top rope AA rather than a regular or making the sucka tap.
    But would he have 'World's Apart' as his theme for a main event?
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

I am the Outlaw

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    But would he have 'World's Apart' as his theme for a main event?
    He might get away with it against Cena because it's 2 good guys having a competitive match, not a grudge feud with a big heel or anything.

Still sucks though. Ska sucks.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Ok heres my card, I'm surprised Ed left of The Uso's

John Cena vs Sami Zayn The biggest babyface of the last decade vs the biggest babyface is NXT

The Uso's vs The Lucha Dragons The best team on the main roster vs the best team on NXT

Daniel Bryan vs Finn Balor This would be such a great match

AJ Lee vs Charlotte The woman who's been on top of the Divas division for the majority of the last few years vs the top female in NXT

Bray Wyatt vs Kevin Owens I don't care if they're both heels, this would be an awesome brawl

Dolph Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze I had this in my head before Ed mentioned it, writes itself

Seth Rollins vs Hideo Itami ROH rematch

Dean Ambrose vs Adrian Neville Because, why not?

So many people left off the show, so do some sort of team WWE vs Team NXT on the pre show
    I'm just curious, but who would you have on Team NXT in the preshow match? You literally only have The Ascension left as credible talent to go up against your remaining talent of WWE guys you left off like Reigns, Orton, Wyatt, etc.

On Vacation

Status

The Vaudvillians & Corbin can join The Ascension

And I left of Wyatt???

Status

My bad. Just seems like there's not enough NXT talent to pull off this kind of a show. It's hard to put a card like this together I feel. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

God's Gift to God

Status

Sheamus vs Neville
    Charlotte/AJ vs sasha/paige
    Hollymiz vs Vaudevillians
    Itami/Orton
    Team NXT (Dragons/enzo/cass/idk) vs Team WWE (Usos/New Day)
    Reigns gets squashed by Corbin
    Rollins/Balor
    Ambrose/breeze
    Cesaro/Owens vs zayn/cena

Too many fucking options like shit

ily

The EST of WC

Status

Peep I reckon you are thinking too deeply into "star power". Kayfabe wise WWE are naturally gonna look better in 80% of the matches regardless. If anything there is too much NXT talent to put together a decent card.

Status

Ok, here's my show. To an extent, I agree with Ed, so I’m saying fuck it and breaking kayfabe for some matchups as well as the parameters on a few. I just want to put on the best card possible. There are a lot of tags on this card, but I felt it needed to happen if I didn’t want to leave off so many key names. But at the same time to make it fair and easier to include most everyone, I’m going to leave off people who are injured or not in current storylines like Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, etc.

1. NXT Tag Titles: The Lucha Dragons (c) vs. The Usos – The two best high flying teams in the company and two good teams at that. Would be a really fun opener with the titles on the line.

2. Cesaro vs. Hideo Itami – Two of the best non-American wrestlers go at it. This would be a great technical match as well as a match with great spots by both men. UPPERCUTS AND GTS’S GALOR~!

3. The Ascension vs. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns – Two of the most unstoppable forces in the tag team division collide when Ambrose and Reigns reunite. This would be a really fun matchup.

4. Intercontinental Title: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Adrian Neville – I know a lot of people are saying Breeze as the perfect matchup for Ziggler, but Neville is a pretty damn good choice as well. I feel these two would match up better in the ring.

6. WWE Tag Titles: Miz and Mizdow (c) vs. The Vaudevillians – The two comedy teams on the WWE. This would just be a fun, wacky tag match with the tag titles on the line.

7. AJ and Paige vs. Charlotte and Natalya – Yeah yeah, I know Charlotte and Natalya are on opposite brands, but fuck it. I need something to fit my booking and didn’t want the Bellas on my show and didn’t want to leave AJ or Paige off. Plus, Natty has been on NXT before. It’s the anti-divas vs. the second-generation divas.

7. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor – Similar to Cesaro/Itami, this would be another excellent technical match with even more high flying spots. Great co-main event.

8. Brock Lesnar and Kevin Owens vs. John Cena and Sami Zayn – Again, parameters being broken here having NXT and Main guys team up, but oh well. DEAL WITH IT. It’s pretty self-explanatory. The two biggest fueds in both parts of the E going against each other. Solid main event without putting either major title on the line.

Ughhh. I feel bad leaving off all the Wyatt Family, Dustys, Breeze, Amore, etc. And Rusev. That hurt the most. There wasn’t anyone on NXT I felt comfortable putting him up against. Oh well. I feel my card is solid enough though.

Sweet Meat

Status

using your card, i'd really just do breeze/ziggler and neville/rusev, that way both are heels v babies

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Ehhh. Didn't want to have more than 8 matches. Plus, I like Ziggler/Neville more. Everyone's doing Ziggler/Breeze.

Night Creeper

Status

WWE NXT Re: NXT vs The Main Roster

WWE VS NXT

1: The Usos vs Lucha Dragons
    2: Charlotte vs Nikki Bella
    3: The Vaudevillians vs The Miz & Damian Mizdow vs Goldust & Stardust vs Enzo Amore & Big Cass
    4: Luke Harper vs Baron Corbin
    5: Dolph Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze
    6: Seth Rollins vs Adrian Neville
    7: Randy Orton vs Finn Balor vs Cesaro vs Hideo Itami
    8: Bray Wyatt vs Kevin Owens
    9: Daniel Bryan vs Sami Zayn

Thread Information