Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
Results 1,581 to 1,596 of 1596

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Main Eventer

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Gresham vs Yehi tonight at 7 pm!!!! Heard its a great match. Cant wait!!!!!
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Saudi Arabia

511# was a disappointing episode. For medical reasons I'm not able to think very clearly right now but I'll do my best to explain my thoughts.

Gresom vs yehi was fine. The beginning grappling portion was not that exciting like normal but the latter half was pretty good. The finsh felt anticlimactic tho imo. Maybe just me.

Fight on the farm was boring tho. Felt slow and and uninteresting. Normally i love these 2 but i think this mixed with the unsationed match on 19th anniversary makes me think roh is not good at cinematic matches. I guess no promotion is perfect. Tho it doesn't chang the roh is my favourite promotion right now.

Main Eventer

Status

I liked Gresham vs Yehi . They never got into a great territory but it seems they will meet again based on the finish. Im liking Greshams new attitude. Hes becoming super confident and cocky. I also enjoyed the build vignette for this bout. ***1/2 Also Greshams promo on Bennett was great stuff!!!

Fight on the farm was way better than i expected it to be. Briscoes rule and are easily the best tag team today. Papa Briscoe was great in this too. ***1/2

Easy watch!!!!
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-07-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I just want to say i like Brian Johnson showing that he will protect pj black. Whether it is for selfless or selfish reasons who knows. Very cool moment.

It's weird how this episode takes place before the ppv tho.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    I just want to say i like Brian Johnson showing that he will protect pj black. Whether it is for selfless or selfish reasons who knows. Very cool moment.

It's weird how this episode takes place before the ppv tho.
    It played on tv Saturday night. so technically it was before the ppv.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Oh i see. That's weird but now it makes sense.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Week by week was good. The bouncers got a well needed win.

Main Eventer

Status

Bennett and World Famous have both alluded to something big on the horizon. i have no idea whats in store but World Famous says it should knock our soxs off.

Maybe live tv? Maybe a new debut...or maybe an old roh alumni coming back? No idea.

** please be Danielson**

Curtain Jerker

Status

If it's danalson (which i don't think is the case) then my socks are gonna fly so fast it just creates a sonic boom.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    If it's danalson (which i don't think is the case) then my socks are gonna fly so fast it just creates a sonic boom.
    lol Complete agree!!!

id lose my shit

Danielson vs Gresham needs to happen.

Curtain Jerker

Status

New episode!

I loved brwin Johnson as the presenter! Was perfectly hatable.

I liked the opening match. Was hoping yehi gotcthe win tho.

I'm just gonna say it. Quinn is my favourite womans wrestler in roh right now. Perfect babyfsce and i really want her to win the womans title.

Main event was fucking baller dude!

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in with ROH but it’s just an easy watch, even if their narratives divert from the norm.

Was shocked with the outcome of Yehi and Horus. I don’t know what Yuta’s status is but I feel like they took too long building him and Yehi up in ROH and they really need to get momentum going. I also think given Yehi isn’t known for top rope moves (as far as I recall), the set up for the finish seemed very choreographed. However I loved that move by Horus, I always love seeing new things after watching wrestling for so many years.

The women’s match was okay, it felt like Quinn had to really carry the match. I don’t know if Mandy is suffering from the stigma of “heels can’t do this type of move” but I feel like back when she was face she had a lot more of a move-set. In this match there were times where it felt very limited but I like that they didn’t go with the obvious result again. Quinn is a star in the making but to win and then go on to the first champion would be a real stretch.

I wasn’t majorly into Keys being indicted into The Foundation after literally just teaming with Dante the week before. However I don’t know if this was an honorary thing like Yehi and Yuta seemed to be. STP promotions baffle me, I do find them entertaining and they’re definitely slept on in the ring but I just don’t get why they can’t give the Six Man Champions any form of storyline. It feels like it needs a division and I know they tried to give us Primal Fear (was it?) but there’s more work needed. I always like a match with LFI, TF or STP and ROH do a really good job of making multi people matches work. I guess it just want some direction for STP.

Main Eventer

Status

Glass, have you seen BITW yet?

I enjoyed this week. Yehi vs Horus was good. I wanted Yehi to win. i find Yehis been built up just fine. Rey Horus winning was the right choice considering he beat Flamita at BITW. ***

Didn't care for Leon vs Quinn.

I liked the main event. I was cool with Keys going into the match as hes one of Greshams students and id be fine if the brought him into the Foundation. STP are the baddest faction in the wrestling world. I want to see Lethal vs Kahn in a singles match. I also liked the booking of Edwards getting the pin on Keys ***1/2
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-20-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I’ve not seen in full but I was impressed with some of the stuff I’ve read. I think ROH has found a formula that works, the product just needs more eyes on it.

I get that Horus got the win, I guess for me Yehi needs a bit of impact added to him like Deppen, just something that establishes them on the roster.

STP might be a good stable etc, I think my problem is the fact that they outshine the belts. I just don’t see a need for the Six Man belts other than the powers that be wanting to be the first major American promotion to carry them.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I’ve not seen in full but I was impressed with some of the stuff I’ve read. I think ROH has found a formula that works, the product just needs more eyes on it.

I get that Horus got the win, I guess for me Yehi needs a bit of impact added to him like Deppen, just something that establishes them on the roster.

STP might be a good stable etc, I think my problem is the fact that they outshine the belts. I just don’t see a need for the Six Man belts other than the powers that be wanting to be the first major American promotion to carry them.

I agree with what you re saying. The six man doesn't even have a ranking system. They could easily use like a freebird rule and apply it with all the factions going after them.

And im all for Yehi being built up. Hes being built better than Yuta. He gets mic time often enough too.

Like you said their formula works and their product deserves more eyes on it. Its a shame more don't watch it. Hopefully they come around because they have a pretty good roster of guys and despite people shitting on the fact they had no fans for so long, they deserve full credit for taking the virus seriously enough and protecting their workers.
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-20-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I really enjoy Impact as a product but I felt even after all this time and all the surprises Slammiversary had to offer, the crowd just seemed to be ‘there’ - even with NXT, it didn’t feel like it was on fire like I was expecting. I think that ROH did well without a crowd and i honestly haven’t missed them, I know that from a business perspective, they need to be there but I just prefer being able to focus more on the match.

This is the issue with the belts, it’s not like there’s a shortage of teams that could challenge but yet the tension with The Foundation doesn’t lead anywhere. LFI could’ve gone for them any they haven’t either. Maybe the forbidden door stuff can lead to some crossovers which would be cool but there’s just no rhyme or reason for it at the moment that makes it stand out in a promotion where each title seems to have its place.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread Information