Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1572

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Main Eventer

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    Pretty awesome for Tony to get to win the TV Title right before his birthday. We had a laugh about it at the gym today since I ran into him there. From wrestling on a trampoline with pallets and mattresses underneath it to a Champion in Ring of Honor. He's done well
    Match was real good too. Awesome moment!!! Congrats to your friend
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Saudi Arabia

Favourite match of the episode was bandino vs flamita! Was awesome! Other 2 matches was cool as well!

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    Favourite match of the episode was bandino vs flamita! Was awesome! Other 2 matches was cool as well!
    Yeah it was my favourite too. I wasnt a huge fan of the finish but i get what they were going for. Flamita plays heel pretty good and he looks like a dick.

I liked OGK vs Bruiser and Dixon. Bruiser is actually quite good for his size. I liked Milonas turning heel too. On the mic, he comes off lile such a nice guy im intrigued how he plays the heel. Also loved that Taven got his revenge on Bruiser with the beer bottle.

Deppen vs Tracey was awesome. Traceys frustration at the end was a nice touch too.

Really great wrestling show. Well booked and lots of action.

Also the commercials during the show had Flair selling carshield.lol
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

if anyone is interested in watching Williams vs Deppen. ROH put it on youtube. Here it is

I am the Foundation

Apparently, Deppen isn't all that memorable because I went into Deppen/Williams thinking I hadn't seen any Deppen before, unaware that I literally just saw a match of his a month ago. Williams' pre-match promo was okay, but Deppen's was unintentionally funny. He just came off like the biggest nerd. Match wise, Williams throwing hard strikes was great, as was Deppen's one big dive to the outside. The rest didn't hold much of my interest. Williams seems like a guy I could get behind if he was working in a company I could actually care about. Maybe whenever Peacock gets around to adding more EVOLVE. The commentary nearly made me turn off the match in the middle of it though. What's the deal with all of the whispering? It felt like I was watching a golf...match (game? series? idk what they call golf "Games") It got better the longer the match went on with the commentators having enough sense to act like they're excited and speak louder, but it was very off putting. Ultimately, the guy I cared least for won the belt, it was an average match, and I hated ROH's presentation.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

To be fair, Tony IS a giant nerd

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Apparently, Deppen isn't all that memorable because I went into Deppen/Williams thinking I hadn't seen any Deppen before, unaware that I literally just saw a match of his a month ago. Williams' pre-match promo was okay, but Deppen's was unintentionally funny. He just came off like the biggest nerd. Match wise, Williams throwing hard strikes was great, as was Deppen's one big dive to the outside. The rest didn't hold much of my interest. Williams seems like a guy I could get behind if he was working in a company I could actually care about. Maybe whenever Peacock gets around to adding more EVOLVE. The commentary nearly made me turn off the match in the middle of it though. What's the deal with all of the whispering? It felt like I was watching a golf...match (game? series? idk what they call golf "Games") It got better the longer the match went on with the commentators having enough sense to act like they're excited and speak louder, but it was very off putting. Ultimately, the guy I cared least for won the belt, it was an average match, and I hated ROH's presentation.

i cant agree with any of this insanity. The presentation is amazing. the whispering is them trying to convey that they need to pay attention to whats going on in the ring( thats how i see it anyway) kind of like fans watching it like in japan.

im glad you watched it. I just cant agree with your view. The promos were good imo. Tracey is the man on the mic. his delivery comes off natural. im not a huge fan of Deppens promos but im happy he atleast gets a chance to get his character across.

id easily give the match ***1/2
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

Brian Johnson is superb on the mic. His promo from this weeks episode was incredible. No one wonders hes Greshams favourite wrestler
    I am the Foundation

Jungle Life

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Brian Johnson is superb on the mic. His promo from this weeks episode was incredible. No one wonders hes Greshams favourite wrestler
    For sure he speaks with such conviction and intense af

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    For sure he speaks with such conviction and intense af
    I thought that vein was going to burst out of his head though lol
    I am the Foundation

Curtain Jerker

Status

Johnson's promo was amazing! Though i have to say i felt bad for the interviewer lady. She is a really good honest babyface. Can't wait to see more of her!

Main Eventer

Status

Johnson's promo was amazing! Though i have to say i felt bad for the interviewer lady. She is a really good honest babyface. Can't wait to see more of her!
    Quinn is a natural babyface and shes easily the best non wrestler on tv. i guess thats not applicable anymore. She gets her job and does it to perfection. The match was serviceable. Some people thought she should of won. i don't. Her losing is better in the long run. Angelina is limited in the ring but shes a good heel.

Johnson is becoming a underated gem. I loved his Mecca vs Everyone promo where he was cutting down all the factions. Hes also getting a lot of love from fans now which is great. I dont get him losing to PCO. Stupid booking. He should of never had to face PCO to begin with. i find a good feud with Eli would be better for both guys.

Tag match this week was pretty good despite the screwy finish. This entire episide was middle of the road for me. Without that Mecca promo, its hardly worth watching unless you re really into Love vs Quinn
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

ROH is allowing fans back in pods style seating at Best in the World 2021 in July.

Great news!!!!
    I am the Foundation

Curtain Jerker

Status

Decent battle royale but not a fantastic one.

The trios match was good but again not fantastic. I did like the ring psychologically of the match tho that was pretty good.

The main event was great tho. Really good heel work by young. Josh woods did a great job as well!

Main Eventer

Status

Decent battle royale but not a fantastic one.

The trios match was good but again not fantastic. I did like the ring psychologically of the match tho that was pretty good.

The main event was great tho. Really good heel work by young. Josh woods did a great job as well!
    Im going to check it out tonight or tomorrow. Im not too excited for it outside the main event. I hate Battle Royals. Silas Young is super underrated.
    I am the Foundation

B L A C K - M A S S

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    ROH is allowing fans back in pods style seating at Best in the World 2021 in July.

Great news!!!!
    That is great news. I know MLW is supposed to be bringing back fans too, and now Impact needs to follow suit. At this point, I think we now know there are ways to put these shows on safely with limited crowds and such.

Main Eventer

Status

I enjoyed the 6 man match this week. Primal Fear were pretty decent and Shane Taylor promotions is the bomb. SOS look like badasses and Shane Taylor cut a great promo before the match. its a safe **3/4

Silas vs Woods was great and the feud will continue. it was the MOTN easy ***1/4 match.

i enjoyed the fact that Quinn was still out selling her loss from last week.

Lsg and Joe Keys won the Battle Royal in a smart fashion. they both dumped out PCO. Since they were the last two, they face off in 2 weeks to get into the rankings of their choice. no rating

i enjoy the fact its in 2 weeks instead of 1. It gives more importance that they get two weeks to prepare.

i watched Week by Week as well. Great stuff on the horizon. World Famous CB vs Wheeler Yuta was the best CB singles match ever. his submission was great too. it might have been better than Silas vs Woods. ***1/4 to ***1/2.

Romero vs Yehi next week!!!!
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

For me, there was nothing wrong with SOS vs Primal Fear but it seemed that the latter appeared with no context and then weeks later got a title shot? I may be slightly out of the loop but the Six Man Titles feel like they defy logic at times. At one point, it made sense with all the LFI/Foundation stuff going on but now it seems that there’s no clear path for them other than if teams pop up.

Yuta and CB was really good! I think this gimmick change has done wonders for CB - who I could not stand before - and I love the way commentary put him over in this decision. A little bit disappointed by the result but at the same time, I feel like CB has been doing some really good things and Yuta has time to develop outside of feeling like an ally to Yehi and The Foundation.

Curtain Jerker

Status

So i liked rocky vs fred. Nothing amazing but it's fine.

Ec3 vs flip gordon feud anyone?

Anyways the main event was great! Great story mixed with great spots as the cherry on top. I loved the after match angle as well!

Main Eventer

Status

I really enjoed Yehi vs Romero. The urgency to beat the clock was great. Yehi moving ut the ranks was the right decision. ***1/2

Tag match was really awesome. Bennetts best showing so far since his return. Traci was awesome and the ending sequence was great. Match is worth watching ****
    I am the Foundation

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread Information