Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347
Results 6,921 to 6,936 of 6936

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I know it's all talk until money enters the picture, but Ronaldo has always been very vocally appreciative of his time at United, even referring to SAF as a father figure. Can't see him going to City based on that.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    City now briefing they are out of the race for Ronaldo and reports saying that Fergie has called him today to try and convince him. OMG I'm excited.
    SAF still in charge at Old Trafford

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

What the fuck is this transfer window.

Can’t wait for Mbappe to move to Madrid, Haaland to PSG and then watch Dortmund piss away the money on Auba or someone.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Man Utd going back to the you score 3 we'll score 5 days :/
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

People's Champion

Status

Speechless....CR7 back at OT for 2 years....

This deal gets done within 24 hours yet Sancho, Varane and every bugger else takes forever.

Now move on Jones, one of Lingard/James and go and get Saul on loan with obligation next summer.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Speechless....CR7 back at OT for 2 years....

This deal gets done within 24 hours yet Sancho, Varane and every bugger else takes forever.

Now move on Jones, one of Lingard/James and go and get Saul on loan with obligation next summer.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    To be fair, Ronaldo was desperate to leave and Juventus need the money. There is no need to haggle under this circumstance.

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

£12.5 Million is a steal imo.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

The Ronaldo transfer is disappointing, especially the reaction to it. The man is a rapist and used his wealth to make the allegations go away. I'd like to say it's staggering that 1 day removed from the news that Mendy has been charged with rape, that the major players in the media are hiding this chapter of Ronaldo's life and just presenting this as the return of a hero and a joyous day for Man Utd fans and premier league, but it's depressingly predictable. All I'm seeing on social media is idolising the man and loving the banter that they got one over City. It's icky.

Also with the squad depth now, it's put up or shut up for Ole. You can't hide behind developing a young team or taking time to change the culture from Jose's day when you blow the wage budget on Ronaldo. Baldwin you say 12.5m is a steal, but it's the most irrelevant part of the deal, his wages are gonna be astronomical. It's rumoured to be £480,000 a week, which over his 2 year deal is going to nearly 50m, for a player who won't have resale value when the deal is up. The pressure is ramped up now to deliver a trophy and compete for the title.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Intercontinental Champion

Status

I'm over the moon that this deal's gone through, I'm still pinching myself and can't believe it's actually happened. While we've still got issues to resolve in midfield with regards to the best combinaiton of players to play and how to get the best out of Pogpa, this transfer genuinely makes us title contenders IMO.

I'm absolutely astounded that City passed on him given that they need an out and out goalscorer who can guarantee 20 league goals a season, something which they don't have currently. And at £12.5m, how can you turn down one of the best players in the world. Madness to me. But their loss is our gain and we now have CR7 for at least 2 years with an option for a further year.

It'll be fascinating to see where he fits in and if he can indeed still play in the toughest league in the world and deliver the goals we've become used to expecting from him. I think in the immediate future we have to put him in there as our main CF. Greenwood has had a blistering start to the season and looks increasingly lethal coming from wide right so he should continue there for now. Wide left I think Pogpa should start there. He just doesn't have the same impact playing as part of the 2 man midfield in front of our defense and we can't push him alongside Bruno because we don't have a midfielder who can play as a single pivot. Pogpa played out of his skin in that Leeds game, probably the best performance I've seen from him in an United shirt, playing wide left so I don't get why we havne't kept him out there. We will have a problem when Rashford comes back and there's obviously Sancho too. Martial is way down the pecking order at this point as is Jesse Lingard.

We've managed to secure an outgoing player too with Dan James looking like he's almost finialised a permanent transfer to Leeds.
    I'm actually diasppointed about this one. James is someone who needed to leave the club to get some regular games but not permanently IMO. I would have preferred a loan for him with players like Pereira (who's left on loan), Lingard and Jones leaving permanently. He's been linked with Leeds since before we signed him. It's a good move for his personal development but can't help but think that we've let a raw young talent who could have played a part for us in a couple of years go too soon. We have however received £25m for him with an additional £5m in add ons coming to make a potential deal worth £30m. That's not a bad offer to be fair and probably why we agreed to it.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Antoine Griezmann moving back to Athletico Madrid on deadline day really does sum up this entire window.

Status

Griezman back to Atletico is a great move. I've never felt that Griexman has hit the heights that everyone expected of him at Barca and he's certainly not been as much of a goal threat for them as he was at Atletico. He has certainly evolved his game though and his overall play is much improved.
    Barcelona is a sorry sight now though. They've shifted some high earners but you look at the squad they have now and it's worrying. They've now relying on a front line of Depay, Braithwaite and Lukk De Jong (who signed for them yesterday). Hardly prolific and hardly a front line to scare anyone in Europe. Depay's had a blistering start to life at Barca but they can't rely squarely on him. They'll have to hope that Aguero hits the ground running when/if he returns to fitness.

Some decent deals done in the Premier League on deadline day.

I think Chelsea signing Saul on loan (think there's either an option to buy or an obligaiton?) is a heck of a good deal. The strength in depth they have now in literally all positions is vast. I would be hard pressed not to say that they're favorites for the title at this point, such is their strength. I'm surprised that Atletico were willing to let Saul go and that more teams weren't interested. I'd have taken him at United in a heartbeat, but I think it would have meant shipping off Fred I think. Not quite the player we're after really int hat midfield.

Palace signing Edouard from Celtic is a great signing for them. They need someone to share the goals burden with Zaha and he will provide that for them. It'll take time for him to get adjusted to the Premier League but I think he has it in him to become a decent PL striker and a reliable source of goals. I do very much expect Palace to be a stepping stone club for him though.

I'm at a loss for words with regards to Arsenal. They've spent more this window than any other PL team, by a long chalk too, and yet have any of the signings they've made improved their squad? Odegaard is a good signing (though he'll be wasted in this Lokonga possibly has added something fresh and exciting to their midfield but otherwise I don't see any improvement.

Salomon Rondon coming back to the Premier League was unexpected. Everton needed a backup to DCL though and he can provide that. He's been fairly prolific for bottom half teams in the past so with better quality service he should do well as a good backup striker.

Been a few other deals that have gone through to shake things up. Should be interesting to see how teams settle after the international break.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Rafa and Rondon is the new ‘arry and krancjar. 3 times he’s signed him now.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

What about Newcastle signing unknown (unknown to me at least) Mexican Santiago Munoz. Are they doing their scouting from the Goal! film?

Status

Rafa and Rondon are certainly a regulair pairing it seems. Not abad one though, he's a reliable enough hand.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the Munoz signing for Newcastle! I thought it was a joke and had to do a double take to when I noticed that the spelling wasn't quite the same! If he develops into something special though what a marketing masterstroke!

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Rafa and Rondon are certainly a regulair pairing it seems. Not abad one though, he's a reliable enough hand.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the Munoz signing for Newcastle! I thought it was a joke and had to do a double take to when I noticed that the spelling wasn't quite the same! If he develops into something special though what a marketing masterstroke!
    I had the same reaction seeing that on Sky Sports News yesterday. Honestly assumed initially that someone had pranked SSN and they’d fallen for it.

Status

Here's a surprising one; apparently Ed Woodward played an instrumental part in bringing Ronaldo back to the club, and was indeed a big part of all transfer business United did this summer. Surprising to hear given his past incompetence. Manchester Evening News is reporting this, which is usually a reliable source of United related news.

-.-

Status
      Country                    Turkey

https://twitter.com/Besiktas/status/1433547130795290624

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    what exactly is a dream?
    what exactly is a joke?

Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347

Thread Information