Page 343 of 347 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 6936

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Given the source for this is The Sun, it's obviously to be taken with a big bag of salt, but apparently Levy has given the green light for Harry Kane to leave Spurs, providing that they get a bid of £160m for him. City are the favorites right now and I can't see them having any problems matching that, despite what Pop has been saying about them not being able to spend that klind of money this summer. They'll have to sell of course and they're lining up Bernardo Silva as a player to sell to raise some cash.
    I've said before and I'll say again; if City get Kane then you can forget about anybody else winning the title next season. It's not even going to be a contest. They won the title comfortably this past season without a prolific striker so with Kane playing up top they'll walk it again.
    I like Bernanrdo Silva a lot and he's a quality player. He would be a loss for City but not one they couldn't live without given their resources in the attaching midfield and wide forward positions.

Pogpa to PSG is gathering momentum but still no official bid, yet...

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Signed, sealed, delivered. Very excited.

BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Status

For no other reason beyond stoking my mild annoyance into outright frustration, a look at Arsenal have done and are rumored to be doing in the transfer market...

Completed Deals
    Nuno Tavares - Benfica - LB - a young player who is backup to Tierny

Albert Sambi Lokonga - Anderlecht - CM - well rounded young central mid who is probably long term a deep lying playmaker more than a box to box player

Rumors

Ben White - the 50m deal is here until its announced. Everyone is treating it as done. I'm still really iffy on this one. Like the player, like the signing, hate the price. I mean, for 50m we need to be signing Virgil Van Dijk version 2.0. When you look at the kind of defender that 50m can get you, he needs to be elite. From day one. We legitimately can't afford another Pepe situation where are getting a 25-30m caliber player with a premium because, in this case, he's English.

Aaron Ramsdale - I like Ramsdale but for 30-plus million? Fuck no. Especially given he's hardly experienced at the kind of sweeper keeper, play from the back role that Arteta wants. The idea seems to be that Leno will still be #1 but only has a year left on his contract so we need a #2 that can become a #1. For 30m, we should be getting a near-elite GK.

Manuel Locatelli - I want! But so do Juventus and even if we were still a Champions League club, we wouldn't be picked over Juventus. Absolutely not happening now.

Houssem Aouar - a pipe dream. We missed out on him a year ago. His price has gone down but that means other clubs are interested. And he's not going to pick Arsenal over other options he's being linked with.

Rumors are just rumors, and three quarters of them are agent-led leverage stories and half are newpaper folks just making shit up. But what seems readily apparent is that we are no longer able to go after players that don't already have a profile. Our lack of a scouting team seems like its having the exact impact you would expect. Its not unearthing gems - its going after players who are known for obvious reasons ,and who are valued as such. Tavares played for Benfica, one of the biggest clubs in the biggest secondary leagues in terms of reputation in Europe. Lokonga was the captain of Anderlecht, the biggest club in another noteable secondary league. We decided to save a few quid by "modernizing" and its looking like its going to cost us millions in the transfer market. Great move, Arsenal.

Fucking asshats.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Varane to United is pretty much a done deal.

I truly think he will be a flop in the Prem

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
    Varane to United is pretty much a done deal.

I truly think he will be a flop in the Prem
    I'm not convinced he will, but its definitely a possibility. Varane was world class at one point for Madrid, but it seems like he's been in decline for a few years. Feels like one of those players who peaked early and maybe just lost a bit of motivation? A Gareth Bale scenario, although less extreme. He can still be quite effective, as he was for France back in 2018, but club form seems more scattered.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

I think he's been world class when paired next to Sergio Ramos or with Kante in front of him. When Ramos hasn't been next to him though? Bang average, at best. I just don't think Maguire will have that transcendent effect on him.

People's Champion

Status

For £34m it's worth the risk to be honest. He can't possibly do worse than Jones or make as many mistakes as Bailly. I do feel a little sorry for Lindelof as he usually is very solid.
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

Varane looks like a done deal now. £41m + add-ons.
    I think it's a brilliant signing, especially for that price. I think him and Maguire will be a solid pairing.
    Yes, it's a little harsh on Lindelof, but you can't play 2 CB's that don't have pace in the Premier League, you need at least one that has the pace and Varane solves that for us.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
    When Ramos hasn't been next to him though? Bang average, at best.
    Based on what lol?

Comeback King

Status

Very excited by the Varane signing. I think alongside Shaw and with our full-backs he can do very well and he is a major upgrade on Lindelof and Bailly.
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Status

Varane is a top signing. I don't get those saying he's past it or in decline. That's a load of nonsense, he's not. When you're talking about the top CB's in Europe he's up there with the best of them. And for the price we've signed him for it's an absolute bargain, especially when Arsenal have shelled out £50m for Ben White, who's nowhere near Varane's level. Brilliant signing, very exciting.

Status

so Ben White to Arsenal is done. Holy fuck did we just spend a fuckton on a single player. I hope to hell I'm wrong, but hard not to feel like we overpaid, spending elite money for a good to very good player. If we got Virgil van Dijk or Ruben Dias, then fair play and worthwhile. But if we got less than that, its another Pepe situation where we painfully overpaid for a solid player and that's the kind of continued fuck up this club can ill afford yet seem to continue to do.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Villa getting Bailey for £30m...if that works out they'll stand to make a hell of a profit on him in a couple of years time.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Comeback King

Status

Could be the signing of the season that. They just got a replacement for Grealish if he does go to City.
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Слава Україні!

Status
      Country                    Ukraine

isn't bailey a left-footed right winger, and grealish a right-footed left winger? unless you're just speaking of replacing his creative touch and playmaking ability.

for me it seemed more like a signal of intent from villa to try and convince grealish to stay

Comeback King

Status

Oh yeah I don't mean like for like. I mean bringing in someone of similar quality.
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

Villa already signed their planned replacement with Buendia if we're being truly honest. Bailey could absolutely be a signing of the season... but he could also be a massive flop. He's nowhere near the finished article and is incredibly inconsistent. Great FM/FIFA signing, but he's got lots to improve on in real life if he's going to be the success some people already are expecting him to be

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Can't wait for Joe Hart to provide more memes in the SPL Celtic Banter years

mental that im praying on him to do a job for us and know full well he's better than the two we've got

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Well he certainly isn't going to win you the league haha....but an improvement is an improvement right?

Rumours are Ole wants to get 10 players out this month...good luck on that one.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

Getting any players out seems to be fairly tough. No one has real money to spend outside the Prem.

the Kane story is a mess. If he's holding out of training but coming back this week... what was the point of that?

Arsenal... also a mess! In the past week, we've gone from James Maddison to Martin Odegaard to Lautauro Martinez... and now back to Maddison. With the Partey injury (fucking thanks, Chelsea), it looks like Arsenal's start of the season midfield pairing will be the same as it was in 2016. And we wonder why this club can't progress or grow....

Sounds like Lucas Torreira is absent without permission, at least based on the wording of some reports. He has gone to Italy when he was supposed to return to the club. The player has struggled with his mental health and needs a move on.... but you can't just not return to the club. No one wants to pay any amount for him, which is telling. He has decided he needs to move to Boca... who can't afford to pay anything. Football doesn't work that way, Lucas.

Podcast made a decent point on Ben White... What Arsenal paid for him is basically the same as what United paid for Wan-Bissaka and Chelsea paid for Ben Chilwell. Quality young English player... premium price. I still feel like Arsenal can't afford this to be anything but an absolute home run signing.... and I'm pretty sure it wont' be, and that will not necessarily be down to the player.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 343 of 347 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345 ... LastLast

Thread Information