Page 244 of 250 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 4981

Thread: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

The name on the contract does say Khan, but it says Tony…Khan.

LET’S FUCKING GO

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Japan

I still think Nick Khan's ultimate goal will be to sell the company. Nearly all their moves lead you to believe such a thing is possible.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Canada

huh.. well then
    Vote on WC's Top 15 AEW Acts of 2021 Here:
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=177261

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I still think Nick Khan's ultimate goal will be to sell the company. Nearly all their moves lead you to believe such a thing is possible.
    Agreed. I mean I know a lot of us wanted Vince to retire and H take over and hopefully make wwe better again. But Kahn is getting rid of anything H has built up... NXT 2.0 is..well what it is, which isn't all that great and H doesn't have a hand in it anymore. And if H isn't gonna be involved in the future of wwe ... selling the product would be the best option..not for the wrestlers, not for the fans..but for the McMahon's. I don't see wwe lasting all that long if they are sold. The product is damaged and Kahn getting rid of some key people is just damaging it more

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

It would be sad to see the company sold as I kind of expected Shane/Stephanie/Hunter to take over it one day. However I honestly have to say it isn't the company it once was and the bright spots rarely shine through.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

huh.. well then
    Guessing her invite didn’t come in a garbage bag.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

[be more kind]

Status

I don't know what's more depressing: Mickie going back AGAIN after how they treated her last time, or WWE realising how many ex-Divas they need for this year's Rumble due to releasing so many people this last year.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

WAKE UP

Status

The womens Rumble is so pointless. give them their own unique gimmick match

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Howling that they've called Kelly Kelly again for her annual appearance.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

huh.. well then
    This is wild to me. An Impact Wrestling competitor on WWE TV and competing in a match, and she's a champion no less. That's oddly really cool considering where the two companies used to be with each other.

I know there was that Ric Flair deal to get him to appear in the Hall of Fame, but this is unique. I think the closest thing to compare it to would be Tazz competing with Triple H as the ECW champion. But even then, Tazz was under WWE contract.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    This is wild to me. An Impact Wrestling competitor on WWE TV and competing in a match, and she's a champion no less. That's oddly really cool considering where the two companies used to be with each other.

I know there was that Ric Flair deal to get him to appear in the Hall of Fame, but this is unique. I think the closest thing to compare it to would be Tazz competing with Triple H as the ECW champion. But even then, Tazz was under WWE contract.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    She probably won't be champ when the show happens though, even though that hardly changes things. She's almost certainly losing the belt to Deonna at Hard to Kill though.

Anyways, I kinda do like the idea of WWE keeping a trimmer roster and supplementing things with outsiders and local talents. I don't know why they don't outsource jobbers like they used to. I guess when you view 80% of your roster as squash fodder, you don't feel so inclined.

I do kinda hate to see this for Mickie though. Can't blame her per se but between her and Zelina, they make it kinda hard to sympathize with wrestlers who get cut and then complain of their poor treatment. If you don't respect yourself enough to stay away from this company that you feel mistreated by, especially when you have so many other options professionally, then I don't know what to tell you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I do kinda hate to see this for Mickie though. Can't blame her per se but between her and Zelina, they make it kinda hard to sympathize with wrestlers who get cut and then complain of their poor treatment. If you don't respect yourself enough to stay away from this company that you feel mistreated by, especially when you have so many other options professionally, then I don't know what to tell you.
    On the other hand I think it's kind of empowering for her. She's not re-signing with WWE. They're clearly desperate for bodies and they came to her while working in another company and are presumably cutting her a pretty decent check for a PPV appearance. She's not in any position to get mistreated by them again, and she's getting her current endeavors and achievements lauded on mainstream TV in a way that no one else in her shoes ever has.

Zelina, well yeah, she came crawling back. But if my read of this situation is correct I'd think Mickie is feeling pretty damn good about this.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    Queen of Dunks, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

World Champion

Status

Fair enough to all of that.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Sasha Banks ruled out of action for 6-8 weeks so they definitely need a few solid hands for the rumble.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

I'm trying to work out the WWE logic with this Mickie situation. If it was a different company, I'd assume that they were trying to make amends for the garbage bag debacle, but they don't honestly care about that and it was so long ago that there's been so many scandals since then. I guess it could be a first step in inducing Mickie James into the WWE HOF this year, but I don't see why they'd care to induct her while she's still with Impact. Yeah, the WWE released a ton of women, but they're not that hard up for numbers that they'd have to resort to having to work with Impact just to get access to Mickie. With AEW and Impact's partnership either done or on the backburner, I suppose it's possible WWE is trying to step in to keep AEW from having access to Impact wrestlers. If it's just about creating a moment, why advertise it in advance when it would have been a far bigger newstory on the night of the Royal Rumble if Mickie suddenly appeared on WWE TV, especially with the Impact Title.

Frankly, what makes most sense to me is that Vince and company were putting together the list of Rumble entrants and Vince had forgotten that he had already released Mickie. When told that she was no longer with the company, McMahon dismissed it and told his lackies to just make it happen.

If I'm Mickie, as long as I'm not entering the match to be humiliated, I'm looking pretty great in this situation. The WWE disrespected her and yet they came crawling on their hands and knees to beg Mickie to return for one night only.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think it depends on whether or not Mickie appears with the Impact Title. If she doesn't, then it's not any different than the likes of Latin Lover appearing on WWE TV in 1997 while holding gold in AAA or even the likes of The Bollywood Boyz or MSK debuting with the company while technically holding titles from other companies. A champion holding other company's title that's shown on WWE TV is far more rare though. The WCW invasion in 2001 can sorta apply. Ric Flair was still recognized as the World Champion by the NWA while he jumped to WWE in 1991. Besides that, I think you need to go back to the early 80s before Vince Jr stopped working with other territories.

Status

In a case of the forbidden door being opened and then slammed shut in their face, The IInspiration have apparently turned down WWE's offer to appear in the Royal Rumble. Good on 'em.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    Queen of Dunks, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    In a case of the forbidden door being opened and then slammed shut in their face, The IInspiration have apparently turned down WWE's offer to appear in the Royal Rumble. Good on 'em.
    That gives me a warm cozy feeling.

I've never been a huge Iiconics fan, but they are just one another case of Vince screwing the pooch. You separate a tag team that is doing well, with the intent to push solo. Okay, fine. The big idea being to push Royce, because Vince liked her work as a body builder/fitness model and development. Annnnnnd, she barely gets a push. Then she's never on TV. Then she's gone. And the other IIconic? Went around as a comedy character asking people to "Look at her resume", and get rejected by everyone. And then gone.

Now they are pushed as champs and being appreciated, ofc they don't want to come back.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm not surprised the Iiconics turned down the offer. It's too soon after they left WWE where they were both treated like crap. They probably just want a clean break from the company before even considering going back there.