Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Pay Per View Of The Year Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

2011 Pay Per View Of The Year Discussion Thread

This is where you can discuss the best Pay Per Views of the year.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: 2011 Pay Per View Of The Year Discussion Thread

WWE have given us three really great pay-per-views that blow anything they've done in the past few years away. I loved Extreme Rules: four really good/great matches in Orton/Punk; Rhodes/Rey; Christian/Del Rio; the cage match. Money in the Bank obviously had Punk/Cena; the two ladder matches; another good Orton/Christian match and a decent Show/Henry match. Summerslam had Punk/Cena (weaker than MITB); Christian/Orton (one of the best they had together); Bryan/Barrett; Henry/Sheamus.

I'm gonna go for Money in the Bank so far because the main event was probably the MOTY, and the undercard was tremendous. The crowd was excellent throughout the night and everything just seemed to go right.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

I thought Summerslam was better all round than MITB. Not by much. Main event was *as good*, but still really great, Christian vs Orton was better and the undercard of Sheamus/Henry and Bryan/Wade was better than the two MITB matches. Really Summerslam 2011 is one of the best PPVs in a few years.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

The Whole Fucking Brand

Status
    In a Hovel, underneath a rock............ in Narnia
      Country                    uk_england=England

I agree that the WWE has put on better Pay-Per-Views than they normally do. I'm gonna say Money in the Bank though, matches are always better the first time (Punk/Cena), the Ladder matches were great, and Henry/Show was better than I thought it would be.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    in=India

MITB should win this by a landslide, waterfall and earthquake, it was so ahead of everything else

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Barely Summerslam for me. It got extra points for being one of the better SS in a while, and having Henry/Sheamus and a much better Christian v Orton match than MITB. The only thing MITB trumped SS on was a better Punk/Cena and a hotter crowd.

Extreme Rules deserves a mention as well.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Money in the Bank. Great card all around. Two good to very good MITB matches, decent big man match, good Christian/Orton entcounter, the best match this year in Punk/Cena. Not to mention the crowd was electric all night. One of the best PPVs, if not the best PPV in probably well over five years.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Really only three options: Money in the Bank, SummerSlam or Extreme Rules. I'll have to give it to MiTB just by a little bit.

Spoiler:

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

The WWE are not having a bad year are they?, 3 strong ppvs out of the 8 we've had this year.

My favourite is Money In The Bank (might be overrating it as it was the only one I've stayed up to watch live), Punk v Cena is one of my favourite matches of all time and both MITB matches delivered. Christian v Orton wasn't the best of the series, but was still enjoyable. Take out the hot crowd at it probably isn't as good as Summerslam though.

MITB gets my vote.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Money In The Bank and Summerslam have been so good they've pushed one of the best TNA ppvs in recent years, Destination X, to the back of everyone's minds.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Money In The Bank and Summerslam have been so good they've pushed one of the best TNA ppvs in recent years, Destination X, to the back of everyone's minds.
    I'd disagree. It was a PPV without any horrible matches, but it wasn't anything special either. I loved the four way, but I wouldn't even say it was in the top ten PPV matches for the year. Even without seeing all of the WWE PPV matches, it's behind a lot of matches.

I was left disappointed with Lynn vs RVD and Styles vs Daniels. I see Destination X as a sign of how bad TNA has gotten. Somehow, being a good and watchable PPV is their best of the year.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica
    Has to be MITB. Just overall a great PPV. Some good matches in Cena/Punk, show/Henry and the two MITBs. Orton and Christian while not as good as the other matches they had still put on a good match. Plus the atmosphere was one of the best during the main event in recent time. The last time I remember there being such a good love one guy hate the other atmosphere was when Cena faced RVD at ONS 06. Just a great show.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

I was only putting it out there as TNA's best of the year, I agree it doesn't come close to WWE's ppv (over the limit aside)