Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231
Results 4,601 to 4,613 of 4613

Thread: Currently Playing

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Currently Playing

I've been back to Mass Effect recently and my god these games are special. I think they're my favourite gaming experience ever on the whole, and I'm not even back on the 3rd one which is my favourite.

Trying to play a little different again, but there's some things I just have to do every playthrough (namely Captain Anderson as Councillor, punch the reporter). I don't think I've ever done a playthrough where I've not done those.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I've been back to Mass Effect recently and my god these games are special. I think they're my favourite gaming experience ever on the whole, and I'm not even back on the 3rd one which is my favourite.

Trying to play a little different again, but there's some things I just have to do every playthrough (namely Captain Anderson as Councillor, punch the reporter). I don't think I've ever done a playthrough where I've not done those.

I'm also playing through the Legendary edition of ME1 at the moment.

If you don't punch the reporter there is a secret ending, but no one has seen it because how can you not punch her.

Good robot Us's

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Been awhile since one specific quest made me want to delete an entire game and never touch it again. Got Assassins Creed Valhalla when I got an X Series last summer. Played it quite a bit and got maybe halfway thru. Decided to start over after not touching it for months. Fairly far into the new save. Just got to a "trial" series of quests. You have to complete kill everyone in an outpost in a dream sequence, and you do it three times - once in each "type" of kills. Not much issue on the Wolf or Raven ones. But Bear... fuck me, I can't do it. Its a typical vertical outpost. Like 25 or 30 guards. You can only kill them with melee and need to use "push" kills from height. But the guards basically wipe me out with any contact. Was at full health and one of the "ninja" ones blew dust in my eyes... killed instantly. I dodged a swing - successfully based on the animation - and it took half my health and killed me. Had one guard grab me and stab, escaped and was immediately grabbed by another guard and did the same. Takes like 3 stabs to kill me. There is also no option to use stealth so as soon as I engage the first guard, I'm swarmed by 6-7 more. I realize I suck at these games and maybe I'm just not levelled up enough, but this feels glitchy as fuck.
    If you want to get your viking game videogame fix, theres an rts game "ancestors legacy" four factions in tge base game and i believe Saladin and the..."malamukes" or another middleeastern army as dlc. Im not sure if theres more dlc options for the game. The controls are something to get used to.

Check youtube for reviews. The campaign mode doesnt have full on animations, just erm...its more like motion comics with voiceovers. You can have units hide in tall grass for ambush opportunities and create traps. Controls can be wonky at times. I believe i got the base game for $10 on the xbox live store on discount. Im not sure what the price is now. Its not a disappointing purchase, but its not a home run either.

Halo wars has better controls, and the only vehicles ancestors legacy have are horsemen(when a faction has those) and catapults. This game has heros who can rally troops for cause fear. Some units have the ability to also cause fear and just about every unit has some special ability or can change formations. While this sounds grand on its own. If you played halo wars on console, it wont be hard to get into ancestor legacy. It a budget title with budget features. Music aint bad, voice work is there, art aint bad. Besides some wonky controls at times its an ok expirience. Though, ive seen youtubes that state this games community on pc creates mods for this one. If you do decide to try this out, get the pc version for more content besides dlc.

Im currently stuck on mission 1 in the anglosaxans campaign mode. I believe all four factiobs have there own campaign modes. Ive only finished one so far. I havent touched the campaign mode for about a week or two because i couldnt beat mission one. I just go 6v6 skirmish 2 ai allies, 3 enemy ai's.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I'm going through a weird time with games at the minute. I tried to do Ghost of Tsushima and couldn't. Tried to do Horizon Forbidden West and couldn't. Right now I'm just playing LA Bourse, trying to clean up all the collectables and cars. Not sure what's up, just can't get into any new games at the minute.
    Theres a recent youtube video with the critical drinker, the movie review guy from midnights edge and a few other explaining why modern games are disappointments.

Try online used video games for games you miss playing or games you didnt get on the original release. I currently spent $463.89 from january to march on 22 items from a used game shop located in florida. Some games sell for $2, no joke. I got socom navy seals and 4x4 evo for the ps2 in february. I currently have 182 items on my wishlist for the future. Im currently weighing my options for a new ps4(not ps5) to get more into guilty gear and other ps exclusives. Possibly a nintendo wii or a game cube.

Currently i havent even played everything ive ordered yet. Socom 1-3 medal of honor ps3 limited edition, gta vice city(yeah yeah i know its apart of the new gta collection remasters. I just dont want to play updated mobile versions), medal of honor frontline, professor layton and the diabolical box and i havent finished professor layton and the curious village yet.

I was the same way with far cry 3. Id tell myself id try a differnt approach replaying the game...id go back into my old habits, stealth bow, stealth takedowns, and the silenced sniper. Once i just used a machine gun and grenade launcher. When i do replay fc3 i always play the same, stealth, long range. >.< i owned the game for two years before i finally attempted to get all the statues.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post

If you don't punch the reporter there is a secret ending, but no one has seen it because how can you not punch her.
    I guess im one of the few who dont punch her when going paragon. <.<`
    Last edited by Miyata Ichiro; 04-30-2022 at 10:04 AM.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post

I heard if you don't punch the reporter the ending is actually good, it's just nobody saw it because everyone punched her.

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

I heard if you don't punch the reporter the ending is actually good, it's just nobody saw it because everyone punched her.
    I think I never punched her in the first game actually. I mostly punch her in 2 and 3 but I find it very satisfying to just verbally own her on her own show
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Le Champion

Status

Started Lake on PS5, it's very slow pace but I actually rather like it. The constant drop in framerate is hindering me getting completely immersed but for what it is it's a pretty fun game. Gonna try and play a few more smaller games with low amount of hours needed to complete it and see if I can get back bigger games after that.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Played Fallout 76 last night at the behest of a bunch of friends. Never played it before despite liking the Fallout series enough (3 is alright, NV is great, 4 I never bothered with) the rough press of it - see Internet Historian - kept me away from it. That and I didn't and still don't have time to dedicate to a game of that magnitude. Friends have been wanting me to play it with them for ages, so I caved just for them.

See, I kinda have a love/hate relationship with this sort of thing. I much prefer single player story games, or multiplayer games you can just dip in, kill a half hour, then dip back out. TF2 was perfect to fuck around like that. But I really like my friends and want to spend time with them, so I'll bite the bullet. It's just that they've usually dumped a couple of dozen hours into the game before I even step foot in it, so they're super levelled compared to me and know EVERYTHING while I'm just trying to learn the new game and figure out what's what. 'Skip the tutorial, skip everything, just fast travel to us, here's a crafting station, cooking station, stash box, a wendigo head, some overpowered end-of-the-game weapons that you can't use for another 50 levels, etc, etc, come on let's go kill some mole rats.' It wasn't until several hours in that I remembered that the S.P.E.C.I.A.L and the perks stuff was a thing and I should probably do something with it. They kinda do this a lot with these big multiplayer games, usually to the point that by the time I finally have the time to sit down and play it with them, learning on the go while they drag me around to look at their houses, half the group have moved on to a new game.

Also they seemed surprised that I thought Power Armor was butt ugly, what's the point in character customization if it's hidden inside a tin can suit all the time.

Christ I just want to relax and chill with a fun game and not be dragged into speedreading the mechanics and controls of it all, I don't have the time for this anymore but I don't want to lose these friends so fuck, I'll go with the flow and put up with it.

ugh. Vent over.

Anyway. The game itself seems alright. It's Bethesda so count yourself lucky if you only spawn underneath the ground twice per session. Story seems okay, controls seem alright. Dunno if I'd play it by myself on public servers without any friends, especially while still trying to learn it all, but it seems alright.

Spoiler:

Le Champion

Status

I've recently given Fallout 76 a go, it's actually a lot better than j expected but none of my pals want to play it because of the bad press it got when it launched.

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑿𝑬

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I've got addicted to Grounded.

Anyone played it? Such a fun little game!

Playing with family, and the satisfaction of building a base from nothing to something cool on a Lilly pad in the middle of a pond while you're trying to not be eaten by HUGE FUCKING SPIDERS is quite the thrill ride Haha!

So much to explore and do. Survival at the start can be brutal with seemingly limited fresh water and food. Stock up, upgrade and start locating frequent food sources and create some dew catchers and you will be golden.

Good game. Recommended for fans of the survival sandbox like games.

Sun Tuh-Zoo

Status
      Country                    UK

Replaying the Assassin’s Creed Ezio games after they were on offer on the Xbox Store. Forgot how good the story aspect of them were back then, makes me remember how disappointed I was with ACIII on my first play through.

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    Replaying the Assassin’s Creed Ezio games after they were on offer on the Xbox Store. Forgot how good the story aspect of them were back then, makes me remember how disappointed I was with ACIII on my first play through.
    I plan to run through them again soon too, hope they have aged well. I actually like AC3 the more I have replayed it. It is very different from the Ezio games though and not helped by the fact that Connor is uninteresting.

Got the ME Legendary edition and started playing through. Just got off the Citadel which is where I remember getting to last time (not very far - I thought ME sucked first time I played). Its definitely better for me this time around and I cant wait to get more shit done. Probably shouldnt have brought Wrex along to the Fist mission though...

How often do people change squadmates? I feel like there are probably better combos to have at certain times for gameplay as well as dialogue related reasons.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

World Champion

Status

if you play AC black Flag, Then Rogue then 3...its a better experience
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

Sun Tuh-Zoo

Status
      Country                    UK

They’re standing up really well actually. Coming towards the tail end of ACII, obviously that being the oldest comes with the most concerns about standing the test of time but it really is the game that set up the template for how the next few are played. Brotherhood is still my favourite though, so looking forward to getting back into that one.

I thought the playability of AC3 was never the issue, to be honest. My main problem with it was Connor, it just pissed me off that we were stuck with him after Haytham was fun to play as at the beginning of the game. For these games, I think the protagonist has a big bearing on how enjoyable they are.

Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231

Thread Information