Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228
Results 4,541 to 4,548 of 4548

Thread: Currently Playing

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: Currently Playing

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Has anyone played Oxenfree? I'm contemplating buying it after having just been playing Uno online for the past month.
    Yup! I played it a few years ago. Found myself really enjoying it and it's story. The news that there's a sequel of some sort coming out has my interest piqued. (though I still need to play that standalone game the publishes also released... Hmm.)

Spoiler-free recommendation:

I liked it quite a lot. Supernatural mystery thriller with a teen drama backdrop. Fun, tense storytelling, characters that feel real, some replayability with new game+, dialogue that effects your relationships with your allies, etc. It's a bit of a walk/talk simulator outside of a few puzzles, so if the story and characters won't drag you in I don't think you'd enjoy it much, but if you've got a couple of hours to spare and find the previews intriguing, I'd probably recommend it.

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I was a huge Halo mark back in the day and gave the "Master Chief Collection" a try but it didn't reignite the flame.

Then Splitgate came around. It's like Halo 2/3 but with portals involved. If that even sounds remotely interesting to you, you should probably do yourself a favor and check it out. It's free, polished, and tons of fun. PC / Playstation / Xbox as far as I am aware.
    [save]

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Life is Strange: True Colors ended up as a bit of a disappointment. I enjoyed the first two chapters and thought it was going well, but the third chapter brought the whole story to a grinding halt with a section of the game that was excruciatingly painful to play through. The game never recovered and just sped through the end of the story. I felt like the ending for Chapter 4 might have been a cool consequence of asking the wrong questions and pursuing the wrong leads. Nope, completely invalidated in the next chapter witha cheap twist.

Main issue is that the side characters from Chapters 1 and 2 were completely gone in later chapters. The only characters with any long-term contribution to the story were Alex, Steph and Ryan ... just three generic good people and good friends.

Then there was the issue of Alex's powers which showed a consequence in Chapter 1, and then were never addressed again in a negative way.

Finally, the game was super short. Start to finish, maybe 8 hours and I don't think there's any replayability unlike the others.

Overall, after a decent start the game kind of fell off a cliff and was pretty damn disappointing down the stretch. Not a fan.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

p a r t t i m e r

Status
      Country                    Canada

Picked up Far Cry 6 today. Not very far, but I’m enjoying it so far.

Graphics are beautiful, and The opening immediately got me into the story.

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

Have been hearing mixed opinions about Far Cry 6 so far. Will definitely check it out next year as it is not something I'm that keen to buy right now. I'm more intrigued by the up coming Guardians of the Galaxy game tbh.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one updating his video game log
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Greek Beauties - October Entry

Vaso Laskaraki

p a r t t i m e r

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Guardians game does look very cool. I’ll definitely be checking it out!

Status

Completely forgot I pre-ordered the new Far Cry game. Picked it up on Thursday and managed to put some time in this weekend - Canadian Thanksgiving so long weekend here.

Its... a Far Cry game. You know what you are getting if you have played any previous ones. So far, it delivers. Its not an amazing game but its a deep and fun game with plenty to do.

The map is just... massive.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Just starting to get rolling with the new Far Cry game. Have the 3 main storylines all underway now. Starting to take down some of the military installations, which is always a favored part. They are a bit different this time - in a good way and a bad way. On past Far Cry games, I would find a stealthy approach that worked and generally use that to take outpost after outpost. It was usually a combo of sniping with the bow, using poisons or chemicals to make them turn on each other, and releasing the caged animals. I'm having to vary things much more, at least so far.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228

Thread Information