Release date: TBA
    Studio: 20th Century Fox, Lightstorm Entertainment
    Director: James Cameron
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver
    Starring: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Sigourney Weaver
    Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure
    Official website: Avatarmovie.com| Facebook| Twitter

Plot Summary: The four "Avatar" sequels will be filmed simultaneously. The release of the first sequel is expected to be in December 2018, with the second to follow in December 2020, and the third and fourth to follow in 2022 and 2023. "Avatar" 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment.
    Last edited by Necro; 03-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Status

Re: Avatar Sequel (TBA)

Ha, no surprise here. With how much money its made, they would almost be stupid not to go back to it for a sequel.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

WAKE UP

Status

lol oh god
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Cameron is saying 2 more at least.

No

Status

I think this will be even better than the first, think about it the first was all about the amazing visuals and the world of Pandora, now though you can't rely on that for two more movies you gotta actually create a good storyline and character so we'll see I have high hopes.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yeah I'm hoping they step it up on the story. Can't wait though.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Avatar Sequel to be Announced Soon
    Source: The Associated Press
    May 13, 2010

Talking about 3D at a technology forum in Seoul, South Korea, James Cameron said that he estimates it will take about three years to make the Avatar sequel. That's 18 months less than it took the first.

He said that the release date for the follow-up will be announced in a few months.

Cameron previously revealed that the sequel would focus on Pandora's ocean. "I'm going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won't be a rain forest. I'm not saying we won't see what we've already seen; we'll see more of that as well," he said.

The first film has earned a massive $2.718 billion worldwide and has sold more than 19.7 million DVD and Blu-ray discs in three weeks.
    Crazy how much time it takes, but it will be worth it.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Still not seen the first... Still don't care...

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Director James Cameron plans to film Avatar sequel seven miles below the sea's surface

The Challenger Deep dive was one of the most extraordinary — and surprisingly little known — feats of human exploration in history, the voyage in a submarine to a place even more extreme than the surface of most planets.

Now it has been announced that the multi-Oscar-winning film director James Cameron plans to add his name to the very exclusive club of those who have travelled to the *bottom of the Challenger Deep, part of the Mariana Trench in the western Pacific, and the deepest known point in the world’s oceans.

Cameron — who, after all, made a fortune with Titanic — plans a follow-up to his billion-dollar 3D blockbuster Avatar, this time set in the teeming oceans of the film’s fictional alien planet of Pandora.

And last weekend it was reported that he has commissioned a bespoke submarine, built of high-tech, man-made composite materials and powered by electric motors, which will be capable of surviving the tremendous pressures at a depth of seven miles, from which he will shoot 3D footage that may be incorporated in Avatar’s sequel.

It seems bizarre that no one has repeated the feat of Piccard and Walsh in more than half a century (two unmanned submersible robots have made the trip since). But then no one has to date built a working replacement for their vessel, the Trieste.

I wonder if the submarine will fit his giant ego >.>

Seriously though, while I'm taking this with a pinch of salt, filming underwater seems like complete overkill. Although with that said, his substantial BO record means he has every studio wrapped around his finger, so he can make them do damn near anything - and that includes building a big ass submarine that'll allow him to film underwater (even though a pitch black closet would probably have the same effect).
    Last edited by Roxy; 09-19-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I seem to be the only person on the planet who has not seen the original yet...

I'll get to it eventually.

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

You're not missing anything. It was visually amazing, but it lacked a decent story. If this one don't have much of a story then they shouldn't even bother.

stressed but chillin

Status

Another one? Fuck me. . . I did not care for the first, I did not buy into the 3D crap, except for maybe Jackass. Seriously ever since Avatar came out though all I hear is 3D bonanza. I also do not want to see 10 million promos for it, I already get enough promos from M. Night movies that look good and then some how end up bad. I guess I can't blame the guy though people are all over this movie so it makes sense to make more for the serious cash.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

okay so let me get this straight, theyre making 2 more avatar films but no more SAW films WTF

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cenationmember View Post
    okay so let me get this straight, theyre making 2 more avatar films but no more SAW films WTF
    There are six Saw films with a seventh coming out soon, and one Avatar. How is an 8th edition of Saw less 'WTF-worthy' than a second, or even third, edition of Avatar?

I say this not because I like the film (I haven't seen it) but out of objective astonishment at your point in general.

12 and 0hio!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Doakes View Post

I'm with you, my problem was I couldn't get into it, I tried twice and it was just so slow I never finished, come to think of it don't think I get a fourth of the way through.

Twitter.com/SirXBA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Doakes View Post

I've never seen Avatar either. I refuse to.

SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON YOUTUBE
    XBA325 WANTS YOU TO CLICK HERE

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

How did Avatar make so much money, with so many of us never having seen it. I don't refuse to watch it, but I've simply never been overtaken by the urge to bother watching it. It looks pretty, but meh, in my opinion.

A sequel is happening purely on the basis that the first made a shit-ton of cash for the studio.

I'd laugh if the whole world waited for video.

Redwood Original

Status

I watched the dvd the other day, fell asleep about 45 minutes in..

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    simple logic is sometimes the hardest thing for smart people

In Defense of Capitalism.
    The Lesson Of the Pencil
    Economics of Liberty
    The Real Che
    The real Che would not like your t-shit, or Jay Z singing about him... he'd kill you for it.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
    ~Thomas Jefferson"
    Spoiler:

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Ahh the benefits of working at a theater when this came out....great movie and sold like free sex crazy. I am generally surprised that a good sum of you haven't seen the original. Probably one of the better movies of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Every few months James Cameron pokes his head out of the ground and promises an Avatar sequel. Here’s his latest foray out into the bright, yellow sunlight and we’re happy to report that he did not, in fact, see his shadow when talking to EW.

During their interview he reaffirms what we already knew: That Avatar 2 & 3 will be shot back to back. Right now he’s “in the process of writing the next two Avatar films.” That means they’re a long, long way off from being in theaters. Cameron predicts the first one will show up in theaters for Christmas of 2014 with Avatar 3 in theaters a year later on Christmas of 2015.

Don’t hold him to those dates. One thing that’s been pretty clear about the whole Avatar sequel process all along is James Cameron’s absolute lack of hurry. He’s in no rush and he’ll get around to it when he gets around to it, if he gets around to it at all. At least we know he’s writing something and he’s far enough along to start predicting which characters from the first movie will return. Cameron says, “Basically, if you survived the first film, you get to be in the second film, at least in some form.”

[b]Source: Cinemablend
    Well there you go I'll be waiting. I enjoyed Avatar, did I think it was insanely overhyped? Hell ya. Did I take it for what it's worth and enjoy it for that reason? Yup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information